Maddie M.
Bloomington, IN

Anyone else struggle getting this mascara off?

Jenn M.
Jenn M.
Cincinnati, OH
1 year, 9 months ago
I use my garnier micellar water for sensitive skin on a pad, and push down on my eye for about 10 to 15 seconds, then wipe gently. Then I go in and wash my entire face with my Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover.
Kris D.
Kris D.
Pittsburgh, PA
1 year, 10 months ago
I use jojoba oil on a cotton pad - just press it to my eyelid and along the lash line for a moment, then gently wipe. One or two passes usually gets most of the mascara and any eyeliner, then just washing my face normally finishes the job.
Mia T.
Mia T.
South Bend, IN
1 year, 11 months ago
It usually takes a couple of swipes with a makeup remover wipe, but I'm always able to get it all off cleanly without too much hassle.
Kaitlyn V.
Kaitlyn V.
Morehead City, NC
1 year, 11 months ago
I haven't found this mascara to be any more difficult to remove than others, but of course everyone is different! I always wet my face, then use makeup remover wipes, and then use cleanser on my face to finish the job.
Heather H.
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA
1 year, 11 months ago
I don't use waterproof mascara but I know that sometimes it can be difficult to remove a couple of layers of mascara that's not waterproof. I find that I get the quickest and most complete removal of all of my eye makeup by soaking a large lint-free cotton pad with Garnier Micellar Water (I use the regular, with the pink cap) and resting it on top of my entire eye area for several seconds. Then I gently wipe off my brow product, fold pad in half, wipe off eyeshadow, then use other half to wipe eyeshadow of the other eye. Then I use a new, clean cotton pad also wet with micellar water and fold it in half, pressing the folded edge - kind of tilted downward - along the base of my lashes & holding for several seconds and slightly wiggling it back & forth on my lashes. I do this to both eyes until all mascara & any other eye makeup is gone. Another trick is to actually GENTLY (always treat the skin around your eyes with an extremely gentle touch) place the pad of your index or middle finger onto your lid/crease area and pull up while swiping the underneath of your lashes with the cotton pad. This works great for me and the micellar water doesn't irritate, sting or burn your eyes at all!! It literally feels like pure, clean water and nothing else except it works wonders at cleansing and removing makeup from your eyes and face. I really hope that I was able to explain this in a way that you know exactly how I meant it because this technique has worked so well for me. Good luck :)
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Philadelphia, PA
2 years, 1 month ago
I have such a hard time getting off the waterproof one. I was not expecting it to be so hard to get off! It really turns me off from the product though. I really wish I hadn't gotten the waterproof
Anna H.
Anna H.
2 years, 4 months ago
I've never had a problem. Try using some coconut oil on a cotton round!
Natalie W.
Natalie W.
Gulfport, MS
2 years, 5 months ago
I use a oil face wash and it also takes off makeup.
Alyssa C.
Alyssa C.
Washington , DC
2 years, 5 months ago
I tend to use makeup removal wipes regardless of whether the product is water proof or not. So far, I haven't had a problem getting this mascara off. I use Estée Lauder makeup remover, I can't speak for others, but it works miracles for me. I've heard about problems with the Lights Canera Splashes, but never the non waterproof one.
Irene S.
Irene S.
Carson, CA
2 years, 5 months ago
I think it depends on the makeup remover and how much you're applying to your lashes. At first, I did have some residue even after washing my face. The second time around, I applied waterproof makeup remover and used a q-tip to really go over my lash line and it worked so much better this way. Hope this helps!