BY TARTE

Buff your way to complexion perfection with this revolutionary correcting stick infused with color-correcting colored clay for an even, all-over airbrushed look.

• Colored clay: specifically addresses individual skin & complexion concerns
  • Purple clay: brightens dull, lackluster skin
  • Green clay: neutralizes skin redness

This powerful, multi-tasking, skin perfector brightens skin, evens skin tone, blurs imperfections and neutralizes any redness or discolorations. The oil-free, talc-free formula soothes skin as it glides and blends effortlessly for a smooth, even finish. Its "hourglass" applicator design delivers the perfect balance of color correction and coverage to adjust to your skin. Use it before foundation as a color-correcting primer or alone as a light coverage for an all-over flawless look.

All Shades Ingredients: Propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, dimethicone, polysilicone-11, polymethylsilsesquioxane, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, HDI/Trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, silica,  candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, polyethylene, coco-caprylate/caprate, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, hydrogenated castor oil hydroxystearate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, euterpe oleracea fruit extract, punica granatum extract, oryza sativa (rice) lipids, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopheryl acetate, argilla, kaolin, montmorillonite, mica.  May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), barium sulfate (CI 77120), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Caution: Avoid eye area.

tarte™ colored clay CC primer
  • "since the temperature has gotten hotter, i wanted to use a product that was lighter than foundation and could help even out my complexion. i actually used this [product:tarte-colored-clay-cc-primer] as a substitute for foundation. since i have combination-oily skin, i had to do extra prep work by adding a setting powder ( [product:sacha-cosmetics-buttercup-powder] ) and setting spray ( [product:urban-decay-all-nighter-long-lasting-makeup-setting-spray] ) before and after using the primer. i chose the darkest color, deep. while it didn't completely match my skin tone, it did help hide some of the dark spots. to apply, you have to use a circular motion to properly blend the color correcting shades. i used my [product:it-brushes-for-ulta-airbrush-smoothing-foundation-brush-102] to blend everything in." in 22 reviews
  • "i used this and love the connivence of it being a stick! i loved that it has the color correcting and primer all in one, and it was a great matte finish. stayed all day long and never caused any breakouts, it's a little more coverage then i usually use but i was ok with that! my only complaint was that i feel like there was more product to be used at the end of the stick that i wasn't able to use. i now just drip a brush in the left over and use it as a concealer!" in 7 reviews
  • "I love Tarte but this really was too dark for my skin tone and it did not help my foundation apply or last any longer than normal. " in 2 reviews
  • "One of the best cc cream out there I would say a little pricy but definitely worth the cost works all day and has great coverage" in 1 review
  • "I highly recommend this as a concealer." in 1 review
NAIYA P.
Madison, WI
Absolutely hated this product. Has a chemical smell. Also the product I received was completely used. I ordered it online and received an empty tube with a fingerprint in the middle of the product. So maybe mine was defective and that’s why it smelled so terrible.
Bri G.
bois darc
Review for: Other more...
I've used this alone for light coverage and also under my foundation for more full coverage. I really like it in the summer since it feels lightweight on your skin. I am so in love with this colored clay cc Primer. It use this under my eyes and I never have to use concealer. It’s so soft and seriously a little goes a long way. I also just use it as a stand alone under my eyes and It seriously makes me look alive lol. I strongly recommend Please bring back the lighter shades though 😭
Amanda T.
Benton, KY
Review for: Tan more...
I used this product all of last summer. It’s not the easiest to apply, but it wasn’t too bad. Easily blends with a sponge or brush. Although this is a primer, I mostly wore this alone. It felt too heavy under foundation but looked great alone.
I ordered this cc primer during a tarte sale. I'm guessing they will stop carrying this product soon.

Coverage- this has very very sheer coverage and though it does blur out discolorations it does not cover even minor blemishes. If you want to use this as a stand alone product, really you need to already have pretty great skin or use a concealer in conjunction.

Feel- this is super soft on the skin and truly does feel quite amazing. There's no oily or cakey feel whatsoever. I feared with the stick formula it would be heavy. Not the case.

Longevity- worn alone, this product starts to wear down around the nose first, which is where I particularly do need coverage. This doesn't really stand all day wear as a stand alone product.

Application- I apply direct from the stick and then use freshly washed hands to work the product jnto the skin. This works better than a brush IMHO.

Overall-- weekend wear for very light coverage. Work foundation-- needs a bit more oomph.
Jasmine B.
Review for: Other more...
Since the temperature has gotten hotter, I wanted to use a product that was lighter than foundation and could help even out my complexion. I actually used this tarte™ colored clay CC primer as a substitute for foundation. Since I have combination-oily skin, I had to do extra prep work by adding a setting powder ( Sacha Cosmetics Buttercup Powder ) and setting spray ( Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ) before AND after using the primer. I chose the darkest color, Deep. While it didn't completely match my skin tone, it did help hide some of the dark spots.

To apply, you have to use a circular motion to properly blend the color correcting shades. I used my IT Brushes For ULTA Airbrush Smoothing Foundation Brush #102 to blend everything in.
Vanessa G.
Hialeah, FL
It's a good quality product. Formula is creamy. I like that it's easy to use with the stick just gliding over problem area. Its longwear and extra full coverage for any color correcting or acne problems. It covers my freckles. If you have dry skin make sure you moisturizer prior to this so that it doesn't cake up.
Janet M.
Review for: Other more...
I was really excited to try this. I decided to go ahead and pay the shipping and added a eyeliner to justify the purchase. Waited two weeks and got a package that was missing this product!!

After trying so long to get into contact with tarte, they told me it was sold out. All the did was refund me the cost of the stick. I would have never made the purchase and paid shipping in the first place.

So mad.. so long story short, bought this and never got to try it. They seem to be eliminating this product but it’s taking a really long time to sell the remaining colors since they haven’t restocked lighter shades.
Molly S.
Niagara Falls, NY
This product is a great primer for those with combination skin!!! The product can collect a bit in specific areas, so it has to be really rubbed in onto the face. It is not liquid at all, so for those with dry skin it could appear patchy in dry areas of the face. This feels so smooth on the face, and the green and purple sections literally even out skin tone before your eyes! It immediately cancels out redness and dark circles, and once foundation is over it skin looks amazing. If you’re looking for a higher end primer that really has a visible effect on skin tone, this is definitely worth investing in!
Adaobi N.
DALLAS, TX
This helps to even out any discoloratiom and hyperpigmentation prior to applying foundation. It's much quicker and easier than spot color correcting. The product blends easily with your fingers. If you have dry skin, I recommend using a facial oil beforehand. Overall, the product does what it claims and I would recommend it for those looking to conceal skin discoloration.
Viv T.
Sunnyvale, CA
Honestly, I was not really impressed with this product. It didn't do much for me in terms of color correcting or making my foundation last longer. I was also a little concerned with how it tugged on my skin instead of gliding on smoothly. Also the shades were a little weird and not consistent with their powders. I definitely would not buy this again.
Alisha W.
Pueblo, CO
Is this hard to apply?
Jackie B.
So I bought this on sale and now I am kind of like how do you use it? Do you use a brush or your fingers to blend it out? Do you wear it alone or under foundation? Help!
Susan I.
Pembroke pnes , FL
Does this product help make pores less visible and makeup last longer?
Leonorlouise B.
Plainfield , IN
Has anyone tried this? I've be curious about this line? Like does it last long? Is it great on covering up curtain areas? Is it worth the money?
uswa c.
i saw this online and i was wondering, is this creamy or does it make your face feel dry or cakey?

Amazon