BY TARTE

Have you fed your skin lately? Our 12-hour, creamy matte clay stick feeds your appetite for weightless, natural coverage & good-for-you nutrients. #feedyourflawless

• mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • vitamin C: antioxidant that fights free radicals while brightening skin
  • vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant

Product performance: A buildable, powder-to-liquid formula that melts into skin for medium-to-full coverage, leaving a natural finish that looks & feels just like your own skin. Micro-encapsulated powders then burst with your body heat to keep you shine & cake-free. The vegan formula features antioxidant vitamins C, E & Amazonian clay, a total skin-balancing powerhouse that hydrates or mattifies depending on your skin type. The guilt-free blend also means there are no harsh chemicals like talc, gluten, sulfates, or parabens in your buildable, creamy coverage. Use on-the-go, as a spot concealer, or in lighter or darker shades to highlight & contour – just swipe, blend & #slaywithclay.

All Shades Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, octyldodecanol, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, acrylates crosspolymer, silica, mica, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, propylene glycol laurate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate,  microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, kaolin, paraffin, propylene carbonate, disteardimonium hectorite, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

• Does this product feel heavy or sticky on your skin ??2 Answers
  • Is this stick foundation better than other brands stick f...1 Answers
  • I really want to try the tarte™ clay stick foundation but...1 Answers
Natalie D.
Seattle
Review for: Light Beige (Light Skin With Pink Undertones) more...
I've tried several different stick foundations at this point, and this is the only one I've kept around.
This foundation comes in beautiful packaging - the stick is very attractive on a vanity. The formula is creamy and relatively thick - similar to tarte™ shape tape contour concealer but not as thick as the tarte™ creaseless concealer. You need to put in some work to blend this in, but that's typical for creams. I have better results using a dense foundation brush vs a sponge.
Once it's on, I'd rate it as nearly full coverage. The finish is imo satin - definitely not matte. It's really quite pretty! It plays well nicely with just about every product in my arsenal, which is refreshing compared to many foundations I've tried that break apart if you use this primer or that primer, or use a certain powder; this one likes pretty much everything.
So, the drawbacks -
Wear time is a reliable 6~8 hours depending on what you're doing. It tends to fade rapidly on me after the 7~8 hour mark unless I touch up. If you don't set it, expect less. Nothing about this foundation is longwear. It's also pretty darn expensive - buy it on sale.

Overall it's a keeper for me. The finish is beautiful, but it loses marks for longevity (or lack thereof.)
Fapiano J.
Anaheim, CA
Review for: Light Medium Beige more...
Best foundation ever. I received this in a QVC order that had a full kit of products.This was a launch of their stick. This is supposed to be the same as the cream clay foundation. I like it better. Is goes on so creamy and then spreading it with a brush it just melts into my skin. It is a medium coverage, but you can thin it or add more coverage if you need. I have light medium skin, mature skin. No skin issues. I usually struggle with product being too heavy. This goes on and then you can't see it or feel it. I can even use it under my eyes and I do have dark circles. It covers perfectly. IN the winter I get fair....really fair, So I went back and ordered it again in fair. I now found that I can wear the fair under my eyes and the light under my cheek bones like a sculpting product. It works beautifully. It is so portable I can just throw it in my bag if I need. I love Tarte products. I generally never wore more than a tinted BB cream until I tried Tarte. QVC gives the best deals.
Beauty C.
New Orleans
Review for: Tarte Clay Stick Foundation more...
The Tarte Clay Stick Foundation is hands down the best stick foundation I’ve tried to present.....and I have tried many thus far. I wasn’t expecting much because so far none of the foundation sticks on the market have lived up to their hype. That being said, I have not tried Tom Ford, NYX, Ulta or any of the drug store offerings. First, to address shades. I found my perfect match and there are 25 shades available. Quantity for price point - competitive. Quality for cost - superb. I do use a primer and my favorite works perfectly with this product. Also, I am also concurrently trying a pore reducing concentrate which has not affected the application, or longevity of wear.
Buildable coverage to full coverage is not difficult. I have blended multiple ways and I have found that for me, my fingers do the best job. Blending is wonderfully easy. No need for concealer unless there is a significant difficult blemish that would require it with any type of foundation. I have experimented with two different concealers, one liquid and one solid. Both worked well in conjunction with the stick foundation. Also, there is no need for eyelid primer with this foundation.
I do prefer to use a setting or finishing powder, preferring the matte vs dewy look. I’ve tried several and although they all worked well, the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation used lightly provides a great high end finish.
This stick has the longest staying power yet. Alittle breakdown on chin at 8 hours but still pretty good looking at 10 hours, without any touch up.
I’m definitely going to be keeping this one in my arsenal and will be using regularly because it’s so easy and perfect for every day use.
abbey r.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: Fair Neutral (Fair Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I recently got this product as a gift. I really like how easy it is to apply and because its in a stick it doesn't make a mess. I blend mine with a beauty blender. It is pretty buildable which I also appreciate. It is a bit thick, so places like around my eyes, nose, and mouth I tend to be very light with it because it will sink into the lines and wrinkles around. I also find on the places I get oily during the day it does slip off. I have to add some powder to those areas during the day to keep it from looking separated and uneven. I feel like I use less of this than most liquid foundations, which is nice. For the price, I'm not sure I would buy it again unless I was traveling and wanted something easy to apply. But overall if you have dry skin I would say this would probably work well for you.
Summer B.
Morgantown
Review for: Light Medium Beige more...
This was the first cream foundation I bought after having great success with one of Tarte’s cream contour sticks. I have very oily skin and it does surprisingly well with staying put, especially since I’ve been choosing to forego powdering down my face this summer. I got a shade lighter than I shade matched for, my Ulta was out of the shade i actually needed, but with my cream contour from tarte, it blends perfectly. I plan on purchasing it again once I run out, but I could see that taking a while since Ive barely used any of it despite how often Ive used it. It’s great to see a product, that costs a decent amount, have such longitivtiy since other products seem to never last. Definitely very happy with this spur of the moment foundation purchase!!
Jennifer B.
Columbus, OH
Review for: Light-Medium Neutral (Light To Medium Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I didn't love it.  I tried the Tarte Clay Stick Foundation in the color selected by the store clerk.  That was my first mistake.  I don't know why I always trust the store clerk to pick the right color.  They always go too yellow, but I'm guessing that's because they cake theirs on so thick.

That might have been my second mistake.  The consistency of this foundation was too thick for me.  I tend to like a sheer, complexion evening foundation. I prefer a natural look rather than to be "made-up," and this was definitely too much for me. Also, because it's clay based, it dried my skin out a little bit.
Lyndsey G.
Lake Park , GA
Review for: Light Medium Beige more...
Received this complimentary and decided to give it a try . I am a big fan of Tarte products and use them regularly so I was excited to try this . I liked the applicator tube , it was super easy to apply . I felt like once it was on , it felt kind of heavy and maybe slightly oily on my face . I used it until the tube was gone and it lasted quite awhile . I don’t plan to swap from my regular foundation( tarte hybrid gel foundation ) mostly due to the heavy feeling this gave my skin. Otherwise I was happy with the way this lasted , the color overall and how much product I received in one tube !
Cloud K.
Richmond, IN
Review for: Fair-Light Neutral (Fair To Light Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
This is my favorite foundation ever! It's so creamy and gives my skin a beautiful, glowing look that lasts all day (or night). I've seen other reviews saying that it's not full coverage, but it's incredibly buildable, so with 2 layers you can definitely achieve that full face look. My only complaint is that it's pretty expensive for the amount of foundation you get.
Kelsea J.
Athens, GA
THIS IS MY GO TO SUMMER FOUNDATION! This foundation is beautiful and creamy and their shade range is quite diverse to make finding your perfect shade easier. I usually blend it with a brush since it is a stick foundation but it blends outs seamlessly and perfect every time. I say this is my summer foundation because I dint have to layer any products over top to set it if I don't want to because it just stays in place and never looks oily or greasy. Im in love. Ive already gone through 2 of them.
Alex S.
Middletown, PA
Review for: Fair Neutral (Fair Skin With Neutral Undertones) more...
I got this from the QVC kit as others have mentioned. I had wanted to try the foundation but it was so expensive that I put it off until the deal from QVC appeared. I am glad I did it that way because the foundation overall was just okay. It was too pale for me and would have been too much of a hassle to return as I would have to return everything and couldn't enjoy all the products. I found even by itself though it did not wear well through out the day. I have combo skin and thought if I would use it through the winter that it could help with some dryness and bring some life to my skin, but really it just never settled and moved around.  I ended up blending it with other foundations to use it since it did not  break me out. I was disappointed to realize how little product you got as well. If I would have loved this foundation, it would have been gone so quickly.
Brooke H.
Is this good?? How is the coverage on this? Worth it?
Sarah O.
San Jose, CA
How do you recommend applying? Beauty blender or brush?
tish x.
Cyprus
I have never used a foundation stick are they better than powder and creams?
Liv M.
What type of coverage is this. I really want to try a stick foundation but I don't love full coverage. I prefer a medium or sometimes a light:)
Katie A.
Clovis, CA
tarte™ clay stick foundation Has anyone tried these? Are they good? Are they worth it? How’s the coverage?