BY TARTE

Iconic budgeproof gel eyeliner that can double as a creamy eyeshadow

• Amazonian clay: nature’s most perfect ingredient for better, longer, truer wear
  • Mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin
  • Vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant

Slaywithclay with this collection of creamy stay-put shadow liners. With classic liner shades, the cream-gel formula creates a crisp line, artistic cateye or you can blend it out to creaseless, opaque eyeshadow. Amazonian clay & mineral pigments deliver even, longwearing payoff without the icky, bad stuff & you can use the waterproof, smudeproof formula to highlight & define the inner rim.

Black and Brown Ingredients: Dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, polyethylene, isododecane, polybutene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/hexadecene copolymer, ozokerite, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, silica, kaolin, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol.  (+/-):  Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492).

Bronze Ingredients: Dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, polyethylene, isododecane, polybutene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/hexadecane copolymer, mica, ozokerite,  candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, silica, kaolin, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499).

Blackened Plum Ingredients: Dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, polyethylene, isododecane, polybutene, mica,  trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/hexadecene copolymer, ozokerite, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, silica, kaolin, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol. (+/-): titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499).

• Is this really waterproof??2 Answers
  • These look like they'd be really great. Do you recommend?2 Answers
  • Can someone tell me if this is the only colors they have ...2 Answers
tarte™ clay pot waterproof shadow liner
  • "I am not the biggest fan of gel liners, I have only a couple that are any good in my opinon. but these ones by tarte are ahmazinggggg. and the fact that they come in fun colors make them even better. they are smooth and very pigmented. slide on the lid nicely. if you need a nice pop of color or just your plain black these are defiently worth the splurge." in 25 reviews
  • "I love this clay pot!!! I have been searching for years for the perfect cobalt eyeliner and this is it! Definitely an HG. I love the beautiful, vibrant cobalt color and it is truly waterproof and smudge proof. I have very oily eyelids and it did not budge! One of my favorite eyeliners hands down! I will be doing a review on this soon, so stay tuned!" in 10 reviews
  • "Saw this and had to grab it right away. Limited edition, the colour is beautiful. This liner glides on really easily and effortlessly. Makes it easy for anyone to do a winged liner. It will stay put all day and comes off easily when removing with makeup remover. " in 9 reviews
  • "This eyeliner is great and the color is beautiful. It's super creamy and blends really well for the first minute or 2 but once it dries it won't go anywhere. I accidentally slept with it on and when I woke up it was still perfect. It also stays in the waterline really well. This product is a must have " in 8 reviews
Nicole P.
Williamsville, NY
Review for: Other more...
This is a review for the limited edition rose gold shade of this liner which seems to be a different formula than all the rest of the shades. It is a glittery pink shade, so it doesn’t make a lot of sense to use it as an eyeliner. I picked it up to use all over my lid for a glittery look. It was truly the worst product I have ever tried from tarte! It separated all over my eyes, had almost no color payoff, and was difficult to blend. It settled into the dry patches on my eyes. It ruined my makeup that day. I’m not sure if I got a bad one or if that’s just the formula for the shade, but I was disappointed. If you want a rose gold eyeliner, I would try L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Voluminous Lash Paradise Liquid Eyeliner, Rose Gold, 0.05 Fluid Ounce instead. I haven’t been able to find a pink glittery cream shadow anywhere, though!
Jenifer R.
I use the shade Cobalt for my blue eyebrows, since there really aren’t any products for colored brows yet. (April 29th Kat Von D Artistry collection. 💙).
I put a bit of eyeshadow primer over my brows and then use a very thin eyebrow brush to create the perfect (or as close as I can get) arch for my eyebrows.
It lasts all day, doesn’t smudge or melt all day and looks as good at the end of the night as it does in the morning. 💙
Worth the price especially considering how hard it is to find products for colored eyebrows that last all day.
Nic G.
Holmes Beach, FL
These Tarte Clay Pots come in a lot of different shades, and can be used with your preferred brush in whatever application you desire. The magical part though is how well they dry down and lock in place for the long haul. They're a creamy gel consistency that is easy to blend and apply, but then after a few minutes, (not a race against the clock,) they set and are budge/waterproof. Cobalt in particular is the perfect bright blue with a subtle shimmer that I like to apply with my Luxie 215 for eyeliner or 221 for a smudged look. They can be opaque immediately for a crisp wing or built with additional layers for more intricate editorial styles. Or, they can even be sheered out for eyeshadow, where the dry-down effect then gives you buildable colors that will play well together without being pushed around. It's not a product I gravitate towards all the time, because application is more time consuming, but when I do use it, I love the result.
Ashley D.
Fort Wayne, IN
So when I ordered this liner I was trying to Branch out and experiment with different colored winged eyeliner looks. Unfortunately because of my skin color it doesn't really show up as bright as I thought it would but I don't let it affect my rating because that is not the products fault! I now use it as an eyeshadow base for orange / red tone looks or on my bottom waterline and it stays all day is very creamy and very pigmented.
Ariana M.
Chattanooga, TN
I can't believe I found my HG liner. I have gone through Stila, Kat Von D, Urban Decay, ABH, and Bobbi Brown with no luck. They either faded too quick, cracked or smudged during my long 15 hr days. UNTIL THIS BEAUTY... This liner is a bit harder to work with (bit more solid than a traditional gel pot liner) so you have to work at it a bit. Once you have it on though...the pigment and line don't go ANYWHERE!!! It truly is water/smudge proof and is great for my sensitive eyes. I absolutely love this liner I bought a back up black and  tarte™ clay pot waterproof shadow liner in rose gold during Sephora's rouge sale :D I love it so much!!! <3
Juanita G.
Bloomington, CA
I use the white shade to prime my eyes for when I use color eyeshadows and want them to pop out more. I really enjoyed using this I just wish they made it a bigger size. For it's price I would just stick with the Ben Nye clown makeup stack it has a white in it and you get a lot of product.
Ashley W.
Wichita, KS
tartecosmetics waterproof clay pot liners in the shades 'lucky penny & mint' perfect for the summer months! It's beyond waterproof and is perfect for added pops of colour!

It's FREE of PEGS, Mineral Oil, Talc, Parabens! 🐰
Ryan J.
Madison
Purchased at: Sephora
I bought this product at the Sephora Sale that happened recently. It was $12, well, less because the extra 20% off. I use this as a shadow. I don't think it's very good as a liner. For a cream eyeliner, it's too light. It's super easy as a shadow. I just get some on my finger and pat it on my lid. It doesn't crease and it looks amazing. It's one of my favorite colors to wear alone. I carry it in my purse for when I don't have time to do much. All in all, it's wonderful!
Marissa M.
Sachse , TX
Beautiful application and gorgeous packaging. I love how you can screw it back on to make sure the eyeliner doesn’t dry out and get all crusty. It’s taking a bit to get used to just because I usually use a liquid eyeliner- but it’s a great product!
Ashley W.
Wichita, KS
tartecosmetics waterproof clay pot liners in the shades 'lucky penny & mint' perfect for the summer months! They are beyond waterproof and add the perfect pop of colour!

It's FREE of PEGS, Mineral Oil, Talc, Parabens! 🐰
Tracy M.
Elanora
How pigmented is this eyeliner?? Some look really black but can look washed out when you put it on.
Veronica C.
Kenosha, WI
I need a waterproof eyeliner that won't smear or run when I sweat does this eyeliner do that , will it stay on majority of the day and when I sweat down into my eyes , will it stay on?
Rihab M.
Monastir, Monastir
Do they stay long time without base under them please
Sabrina P.
Pittston, PA
Is this product vegan and cruelty free?
Michelle N.
Has anyone used this on their waterline? Does it stay? Is it actually water proof?

Amazon