BY TARTE #81 in Mascara

Travel friendly, jet-black lengthening mascara for 2700% more lash volume.

• Triple-black painted mineral pigments: deliver rich, ultra-black pigment while nourishing and softening skin around the lashline

Product Performance: Paint on dramatic lashes powered by good-for-you ingredients with this vegan natural artistry™ mascara. Infused with triple-black painted mineral pigments that strengthen and condition lashes while delivering bold black definition, you’ll get flirty length and volume without any icky, bad ingredients. The patented mascara wand features molded, multi-length bristles that grab-and-lock onto even the tiniest lashes, saturating them in 360° root-to-tip pigment. In a simple stroke, you can sculpt, separate and curl your lashes without any messy flaking or clumping.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, paraffin, glyceryl stearate, synthetic beeswax, acacia senegal gum, stearic acid, butylene glycol, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax/oryza sativa (rice) bran cera, palmitic acid, polybutene, ozokerite, VP/eicosene copolymer, hydrogenated vegetable oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, phenoxyethanol, stearyl stearate, aminomethyl propanol, hydroxyethylcellulose, tropolone, sodium nitrate, iron oxides (CI 77499).

Buy on ULTA
Jasmin R.
Jasmin R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is by far one of the BEST mascara's I have used. I love it so much that I know I will be getting the full size. I feel like it just really intensifies the lashes. I have naturally pretty long lashes but they are super thin. Any other mascara sort of coats the lash but doesn't give me that lift and appearance of a fake lash. This mascara on the other hand looks amazing! Intensely black, makes my lashes look full, and I honestly feel like I don't need to wear falsies when I have this mascara on.
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Sherman Oaks, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I adore the formulation of this mascara! It's long lasting, doesn't flake, and separates while providing lift and curl. My only complaint is with the travel size: where the tube and cap meet is so impractical, as you pull the brush out it gathers all the excess mascara that collects on the tube whenever you open it; where the brush and cap meet products so any excess that has gathered on the cap is also on the brush; and mine couldn't be screwed on and off, I had to yank it apart to use. I'll stick with buying the full size over the travel size.
Viona C.
Viona C.
Flushing, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love how petite and compact this product is so it's easy to carry around. It's really easy to use and does the perfect amount of thickening and lengthening your lashes. I don't really have an issue with clumping when it comes to this product either. I'm not a big fan of the brush though. It's whatever to me, but i don't think it fills in every lash cause it's not as soft. It gets a little flaky at the end of the day but that's not too much of a big deal if you touch it up.
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
Coralville, IA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just love mini mascaras first of all and this packaging is so cute! I'm all about the black and gold. This mascara is so good too! The wand is great because it's long and skinny so it can reach every lash on your top lashes but is also small enough to work really well on your lower lashes! This is much more lengthening than volumizing in my opinion so I do generally use two coats of it but it does not flake and I really like it!
Abigail J.
Abigail J.
Charleston
Beauty Junkie Expert
LISTEN UP! I know everyone is talking about Benefit and Too Faced and Maybelline when it comes to mascara! But!!!! This mascara took my breath away. It did everything I wanted and more! It's so quick, it thickens and lengthens my lashes making them look beautiful and dramatic but not clumpy ! My lashes never looked so good and more people need to know about this mascara !!!! Great for bottom lashes as well
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Anderson
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a Sample size of this for my birthday from tarte.com. it's ok. I definitely haven't grabbed for it in a long while. I usually prefer the hard plastic bristles like these but this just didn't do it for me. They didn't really seem much longer, and definitely had a hard time building up thickness with this. If your going for a natural soft lash this is great. But if you want to attempt to make your real lashes look fake, you won't get that with this.
mitzisupper S.
mitzisupper S.
Indiana University Bloomington
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this mascara because of the applicator! It's a smaller brush so I am able to get into the corners of my eye lashes and it leaves my lashes looking thick AND long!! Major bonus for me. The only thing with the travel size is it has a weird bottle, and the mascara tends to get on the outside and you have to make sure you wipe it off before putting it back into your makeup bag.
Emily C.
Emily C.
Charleston, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have friends who love this mascara. I just don't like it for my lashes. I'm not a fan of plastic mascara brushes. I prefer ones that are soft bristles. This is also about wet in consistency. When I apply it to my lashes it feels like it's poking my eye and like none of the mascara is gripping. I like to be able to build my mascara up with ea h swipe to help extend my lashes. This seems to just cost and weigh them down. Not for me.
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Chelmsford, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This mascara is great for travel. It takes a couple coats to make it dark black and prominent, but I find it to be less clumpy than the Better Than Sex Mascara. It seems to have a cleaner wand and a nicer finish than other mascaras I've used. It is lengthening, but not so much for getting that dark lash color. I still recommend it though!
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
Newton, KS
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you want an amazing mascara this is it! It's amazing value and no price is too pricey for an amazing mascara! It's easy to apply and it gets every lash! I ordered online on the Tarte website and they made it super easy to buy and check out! I have bought it over and over again and always will be my go to mascara! I highly recommend!