13 colors available

BY TARTE #36 in Lip Liner

A 2-in-1, vegan lip crayon that helps prime and line a perfectly contoured pout.

• Vitamin E: a natural preservative that also acts as an emollient and antioxidants
  • Mineral pigments: soothe and soften skin

Product performance: Draw outside the lines with this twist-up precision lip liner. The versatile 2-in-1 lip crayon helps you create vibrant tarteist™ looks no matter your skill level thanks to its creamy, easy-glide formula that deposits rich, hydrating pigment in just one simple stroke. The automatic twist-up tool features a crisp, tapered tip to help contour and accentuate your natural lip line, leaving you primed and coated with lip-loving™ ingredients while preventing feathering. Finish with an expertly-coordinating shade of the tarteist™ creamy matte lip paint.

Boho, thirsty, squad, magic wand, turnt up, totes, amaze, mood ring, on fleek Ingredients: C11-12 Isoparaffin, isododecane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, phenyl trimethicone, beheneth-5, microcrystalline wax/cera microcrstallina/cire microcrystalline, paraffin, lecithin, tocopherol, polyglyceryl-3 palmitate, silica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), red 28 lake (CI 45410), red 7 lake (CI 15850), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), red 6 (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140) .

Latergram Ingredients: C11-12 Isoparaffin, isododecane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, phenyl trimethicone, beheneth-5, microcrystalline wax/cera microcrstallina/cire microcrystalline, paraffin, mica, lecithin, polyglyceryl-3 palmitate, tocopherol, silica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163).

Blackout Ingredients: C11-12 Isoparaffin, isododecane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, phenyl trimethicone, beheneth-5, microcrystalline wax/cera microcrstallina/cire microcrystalline, paraffin, lecithin, tocopherol, polyglyceryl-3 palmitate, silica, iron oxides (CI 77499).

• This packaging is my favorite, however I want to ...Be the first to answer!
  • I love these, but I can't seem to find any at good prices. I know t...2 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or matte...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Bristol, CT
I'm basing my opinion of this liner in Latergram on the trial size, which I recently received as a sample. (Perhaps the full-size is of better quality? Regardless, I won't be purchasing it.) In its favour are the colour -- a neutral with punch, flattering on many skin tones. It's also very pigmented. That's where the praise ends. Whenever I wear a new lip liner for the first time, I like to wear it all over the lip, in order to test its glide, spreadability, and feel on the skin. This Tarteist Lip Crayon fails miserably here. It would not spread smoothly, breaking off in tiny dry chunks three times during one application. It was difficult to even out the colour with a lip brush. That speaks to its durability, I suppose, but it feels dry and uncomfortable on the lip. I ended up applying a gloss over it in order to improve its feel. Then I tossed it. It's a shame that a sample designed to create excitement about the full-sized product could perform so badly.
Tiffany N.
Tiffany N.
Braselton, GA
I'm so torn on this. I love the color, I love the packaging, I love the design, I love how INSANELY long-wearing this is, but I was really really disappointed when I tried to fill my lips in after lining like I usually do. It just wasn't holding up to the task. As a liner and only a liner, it went on creamy and smooth. But once you try to bring it down it's all downhill from there. I realized what a grave mistake I had made about halfway through the application, but it was ENTIRELY too late to turn back so I had to commit. I wound up having to smother my lips in jojoba oil to blend it out and make it even.

But if that's my only qualm, it's still pretty awesome.
Amanda T.
Amanda T.
Council Bluffs, IA
I received this as a sample from Sephora and then proceeded to go buy 3 more in different colors. They not only pair perfectly with the Tarte Creamy Matte lipstick but the colors pair really well with almost anything you have on your vanity. Whenever I use this under a lipstick it stays put longer and allows the lipstick to fade evenly so you're left with a nice stain, which shows how nice it looks on its own as well. It applies nicely, nothing revolutionary but a tried-and-true packaging for efficient lip liner.
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
I love the Tarte brand and they have excellent lip liners, some of which they no longer even make I still have! This lip crayon was my first time using a Tarte lip crayon and I recommend it to others as it is very easy to use and has staying power! I love how it is a lot easier to line my lips because of it being a crayon and not a usual dry pencil. It's a lot nice because I can blend it down into my lipstick to blend it better if the lipstick isn't the closest to the shade I have of the Tarte Lip Crayon
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Oshkosh, WI
As a huge fan of lip liners and liquid lips, starting out your lip look with this liner is definitely a yes. These apply like butter and are smooth on the lips. They also go along with the colors you're looking to match the liner with, it almost looks like you're not even wearing a liner if you match it with the liquid lipstick or lipstick you plan on wearing. I would definitely recommend buying this if you're looking for a lipliner. It's a little on the pricey side, but it's a purchase I don't regret.
Leah C.
Leah C.
Gwynn Oak, MD
I received this as a sample and I am so sad to say that I was really disappointed. I don't know if perhaps my lip crayon was defective but it was some how too soft and too hard at the same time. It was soft that it broke very easily, but so hard that it pulled and dragged on the lips. I used it to line my lips and could barely get it to fill them as well. One star, because there are so many great and affordable alternative ms. I'd be willing to try it again, because I like most taste products.
Summer H.
Summer H.
Wilton, CA
These lip liners are pretty good! I love Tarte products so I knew I'd like these. They're smooth, buttery and long lasting. I love pairing these with their Matte lip paints or even the glossy ones, or any other brand of lipstick. I like the color range and how they match the lip paints. The only thing I don't like is how little product comes in these, for the price I would expect a little more. Other than that, awesome lip liner!
Brittany L.
Brittany L.
Spring, TX
My favorite lip liner. Tarte products are some of my absolute favorites and this one doesn't disappoint. When I hear the name Tarte, I think quality and this is a quality lip liner. It's highly pigmented, keeps my lipstick firmly in place and is somehow also super nourishing. This stuff glides on so smoothly, it's like a dream to work with. Plus, it has vitamin E in it so it's like a lip treatment every time you use it! Bonus!!
Kristy C.
Kristy C.
Abington, PA
I received a sample size of this and the shade was very neutral and pretty. I had several issues with this lip liner. It's was so dry that it skipped across my lip, there was nothing smoother about it. It was also so skinny that rolling it up too far and trying to use it will cause it to break. I'm willing to write off the break due to sample size but the dryness is a big problem. Sorry tarte, I usually love your products.
Autumn S.
Autumn S.
Lewisburg, WV
These liners STAY. I wasn't expecting such amazing staying power, but was running late one morning and only had time to apply a pink shade of lipliner without any top coat of lipstick. I checked all the way throughout the day and was pleasantly surprised at how opaque and fresh the color remained on my lips. I believe they are waterproof as well, because I was constantly drinking water that day.
Kelly N.
Kelly N.
Every time I use this product it breaks. Is there a fault in the particular one I'm using or is this common with this line?
Amany m.
Amany m.
Isreal
I love these, but I can't seem to find any at good prices. I know they are worth the money but is there any places at a lower ?
Josephina B.
Josephina B.
does this work good
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or matte finish?
Jana G.
Jana G.
This packaging is my favorite, however I want to know how smooth this will go on?