BY TARTE #28 in Mascara

A jet-black, vegan mascara that has a molded brush that grabs & coats even the tiniest lashes for 2700% more volume.

•  Triple-black painted mineral pigments: deliver rich, ultra-black pigment while nourishing and softening skin around the lashline
  • Rice bran wax: natural wax that helps lengthen the appearance of lashes
  • Carnauba wax: an emollient from the leaves of the carnauba palm to ensure a smooth application
  • Cellulose: plant-derived thickening agent

Product performance: Strengthens, conditions & gives high-impact volume & definition with triple-black mineral pigments & more good-for-you ingredients. The patented silicone mascara wand with multi-length bristles coat every lash for a longer & thicker look with one stroke.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, paraffin, glyceryl stearate, synthetic beeswax, acacia senegal gum, stearic acid, butylene glycol, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax/oryza sativa (rice) bran cera, palmitic acid, polybutene, ozokerite, VP/eicosene copolymer, hydrogenated vegetable oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, phenoxyethanol, stearyl stearate, aminomethyl propanol, hydroxyethylcellulose, tropolone, sodium nitrate, iron oxides (CI 77499).

Made in Italy.

Buy on Sephora*
Catherine J.
Alpharetta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This and UD Troublemaker are my favorite mascaras. I bought this when it was 50% during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty. I haven't regretted the purchase once. I like that the formula is thick and highly pigmented. I look for mascaras that give definition and pigment because my lashes are already long. I love having dark black lashes, I think it contrasts nicely with my blue eyes. The brush has thin rubber bristles that help separate each lash. I don't feel the need to comb through my lashes with a spoolie brush after using this. I love Tarte products because they're vegan and cruelty free.
Tiffanie K.
Valdosta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you like clumpy, thickening mascara then you will like this product -- it's also lengthening. I don't like it because the product is too gloopy and messy, so it's easy to smudge the mascara during application. I think that this formula is similar to the Urban Decay Perversion mascara, except the UD formula is much better. The UD is a thick formula, too, but it's wetter than the Tarte mascara so it's easier to comb through the lashes -- it doesn't clump as much as the Tarte mascara either. I say to go for the UD Perversion mascara over the Tarte Lash Paint.
Leanne  D.
Austin, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very short unruly lashes and I always struggle to find a mascara that works for me, but I am SOOO glad I found this! This is the best mascara I have ever used and I probably will never use anything else. It lasts all day, doesn’t flake, and really grabs every lash and adds so much length. Very pleased!
Beatrix P.
Medusa, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have actually heard, lol, that people think this wand is ‘painful’ I know it’s spiky, I never found it to be painful though. For me- I prefer small to average size brushes designed for lengthening/ curling. This mascara gets the job done.. and those SPIKES Allow you to keep pulling product through without clumps so I rarely need falsies when I use it. It’s an old favorite- a Holy Grail.
Sarah H.
Prescott
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my favorite everyday mascara. It's not a very volumizing formula (at least not on my lashes) but that's not what I'm looking for in a mascara; my lashes are already relatively thick, and I care more about having a mascara that will give me good definition and hold a curl, and this formula delivers that. It's a very lightweight, borderline wet mascara that doesn't weight down my lashes too much and separates them nicely. The color is very jet black, so if you're someone with light lashes looking for a good dramatic black coat this might be the mascara for you. The brush is slightly big and awkward for this type of formula IMO, and it would have been nice to have a smaller one that angles into the small corner lashes more easily. But even with that in mind it's still a great mascara for my needs.
Heidi M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my favorite mascara of all times. Tarte products are such quality and the price is not unreasonable for the quality that you get. This provides false eyelash looks without having to deal with all that. I especially love how it adds thickness to my lashes yet does not add weight to my lashes. A must have in any beauty bag. I am a contact lens wear and I have no issues.
Kerye H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this mascara last year and use it when I want dramatic lashes. It makes my lashes super black and looong. It is very thin liquid so it is very easy to transfer to the top or bottom lid by accident so I don’t typically use it for bottom lashes. All in all it is one of my favorites.
Lisa L.
Mays Landing, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Loves this brand and love this mascara. If you have read any of my reviews on this brand you will know that they are vegan and completely cruelty free! How great is that? I didn’t buy this mascara I did receive it in my Ipsy and I plan on buying a full size because wow my lashes always look awesome with this product. It’s another product that I can jut leave the house wearing only that and feel completely put together
Amanda C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I went crazy on Cyber Monday and I bought every single tarte mascara on their website. This however has been a staple in my beauty regimen since it has come out the one on this mascara is revolutionary it separates coats and divides all at once. This is a creamy formula and doesn't flake. It is $23 I believe on their website but worth every penny.
Lindsay S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I got this in November's Boxycharm and the first time I used it I fell in love with this mascara it is super black which I am loving also I have pin straight lashes that don't want to hold a curl but with this product my lashes hold on to a curl and it also adds some volume to my lashes it is a beautiful mascara and formula I highly recommend it
Zoe D.
I have been looking for a mascara to last me around 5-7 hours. Will this mascara do that?
Marylou F.
I see a lot of people at tarte using this and their eyelashes always look super long, but is it just because they're long lashes or does this really make your lashes look long? I had short lashes and I'm always looking for a good mascara!
Victoria T.
Las Vegas, NV
I've been seeing this mascara all over my Instagram. I love a great mascara, but need to know is this worth it? Will this formula stand up to the Las Vegas heat and my oily skin?
Mary Allison G.
Winston Salem, NC
Okay this is gross but have any of y'all had an issue with your eyes getting all crusty after using this? I've only had mine for about 2 months and recently my eyes will be crusted shut the morning after I use it. I wash my face really well so I'm not sleeping with it on. Has anyone else had this issue? Again sorry this is so gross!
Michaela T.
Bay, AR
Is this clumpy? I want a new mascara but hate clumps?