BY TARTE #13 in Mascara

A jet-black, vegan mascara that has a molded brush that grabs & coats even the tiniest lashes for 2700% more volume.

•  Triple-black painted mineral pigments: deliver rich, ultra-black pigment while nourishing and softening skin around the lashline
  • Rice bran wax: natural wax that helps lengthen the appearance of lashes
  • Carnauba wax: an emollient from the leaves of the carnauba palm to ensure a smooth application
  • Cellulose: plant-derived thickening agent

Product performance: Strengthens, conditions & gives high-impact volume & definition with triple-black mineral pigments & more good-for-you ingredients. The patented silicone mascara wand with multi-length bristles coat every lash for a longer & thicker look with one stroke.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, paraffin, glyceryl stearate, synthetic beeswax, acacia senegal gum, stearic acid, butylene glycol, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax/oryza sativa (rice) bran cera, palmitic acid, polybutene, ozokerite, VP/eicosene copolymer, hydrogenated vegetable oil, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, phenoxyethanol, stearyl stearate, aminomethyl propanol, hydroxyethylcellulose, tropolone, sodium nitrate, iron oxides (CI 77499).

Made in Italy.

• If you had to ditch foundation or mascara which would you choose ...3 Answers
  • tarte Tarteist™ Lash Paint Mascara. Or It Cosmetics Superhero Ela...1 Answers
  • Did anyone find this mascara would flake a lot ?5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Hanna S.
Binghamton, NY
I got this in my boxycharm so I did not directly purchase it and I honestly don’t think I ever would, I had high hopes for this mascara because I love tarte and I love their “lights, camera, lashes” mascara, but unlike that mascara the tarteist lash paint has the plastic synthetic bristles. I’ve tried many mascaras with wands like that but for some reason this one was a bit of a flop for me, I think if I try it a little more and the actual mascara part dries a little more it *may* be better but every time I would use this mascara I felt like it didn’t separate my lashes enough so they ended up looking clumpy and gross. I have very light eyelashes that grow in kind’ve weird directions so I have to work hard with my mascara to get my lashes to look adequate but I just struggled way too hard with this one and had very poor results. I will continue to give it a few more chances but after that I don’t think there will be any hope left.
Gabbie S.
This mascara does work really well, the formula is great and the last is really good but the only downside I would have to say if his is the wand, I am not the biggest fan of how the wand applies the mascara, I think the bristles are a little on the short side but I do like the rubber texture it has I feel it really grabs and coats the lashes a little better but the length of the bristled makes it a little difficult. At least for my personal preference I like longer bristles but other than that minor thing I really do love this mascara!! tarte Tarteist™ Lash Paint Mascara
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
This mascara is pretty good, just not my favorite. I got this product in my BoxyCharm subscription box and was so excited to try it. The pros of this mascara for me are: for one I love Tarte and the fact that they stay true to their cruelty free commitment, secondly this mascara is super black, it provides a nice amount of volume and length after a couple layers, and lastly your lashes don’t clump with this! The cons that I have with this are for one that the brush is so hard I sometimes can’t get as close to my lash line as I want because it will scrape my skin and hurt, it also dries out rather quickly and can leave flakes in your lashes. I wish that the formula was a little more wet so that it could glide onto my lashes without tugging. I gave this 3 stars because it is not my FAVORITE but I would use it again.
Lauren T.
Arkadelphia, AR
I love the Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara from Tarte, so I was excited to try this one out. The mascara definitely does a good job of adding length, color, and a little volume. I still don’t like this mascara as much as the other. The brush is a stiffer, shorter brush, which isn’t bad, but not my personal preference. I found that this formula was slightly thicker and could clump a little bit easier. then as I had had the mascara for a few months (2-3) it started flaking badly, so make sure you start using it as soon as you open it.

Overall, a good, well performing product, but I would recommend the Lights Camera Lashes mascara instead.
Esme M.
Woodbridge, VA
Muy buen producto , la pigmentacion es muy buena , es muy facil de aplicar, si lo utilizas para tu rutina diaria con dos capas estas realizada. No necesitas rizar tus pestanas porque , este producto las riza mientras aplicas , las cerdas te ayudan a que el acabado sea uniforme y sin grumos. La duracion es bastante larga , totalmente recomendada. ////Very good product, the pigmentation is very good, it is very easy to apply, if you use it for your daily makeup routine with two layers you are done. You do not need to curl your eyelashes because, this product curls them while you apply, the bristles help you to have a smooth and smooth finishing. The duration is quite long, totally recommended.
Jessica G.
Martinsburg, WV
I received this inside a lash box from Tarte. Tarte is one of my favorite brands as of recently. The mascara is good. It really grabs all of your lashes even the little baby ones. My lashes look long and beautiful. The wand and bristles are a hard plastic and the bristles are short. I had to put on a lot of coats. The good thing about many coats with this mascara is that it didn't clump up. Do NOT accidentally poke yourself in the eye with this wand!!! It will feel like you may lose your eye. I may be clumsy but it happens once a week and this one hurt the most lol Overall a good mascara but prefer Lights Camera Lashes if I had to choose from this brand.
Rhiannon C.
Lexington Pk, MD
This is a nice mascara. It doesn’t give a ton of volume but it does give a nice amount of length and separation. If I want a normal day I wear it alone.. if I want to go more full on makeup I layer it with a more volumizing mascara like loreal. It is a wet formula but it’s not messy like some. I don’t have any issues with flakes or clumping. If I had one con it’d be that I can’t wear it on my bottom lash line if I want to wear my makeup for a long time period. After a few (5 to 6ish) hours it will start to transfer under my eyes a bit. But I haven’t found a mascara that won’t do that except for benefit so I still like this mascara for my top lashes
Lydia S.
Napa
This is such an odd product in my opinion. I had gotten this as a 100pt sample from Sephora and wasn’t terribly impressed—it’s wet, it flaked into my eyes, and was impossible to remove fully. Months later I bought a Sephora mascara sample pack and this was in it. I gave it a second chance and encountered the same issues. Now that it’s been some time, I’m trying to use up all my samples and the flakiness has actually disappeared, oddly enough, but it still takes too long to dry and remove. By midday I have some transfer to my under eye which makes me look like I’m extra tired. I don’t think I would ever purchase a full-sized tube, but I’ve kept it around as an emergency fix.
Megan H.
Hendersonvlle, NC
I honestly love this mascara! I personally like the wand on it and how well it is able to get all of my lashes covered, even the little corner ones and it worked beautifully on my lower lashes. The only complaint that I have is that it is a wetter formula & I actually prefer it a couple weeks out once it isn't quite as wet, however that's just personal preference. I love that it doesn't flake off throughout the day & create that raccoon eye look & I absolutely love the length that it seems to give my lashes as well! & Definitely a plus that it is free of all those harmful chemicals as well.
Liesl G.
I received this product with my BoxyCharm Subscription.  I like tarte mascaras because they are vegan and generally they do not bother my eyes.  Unfortunately, I really did not like the brush on this mascara.  It's one of those plastic pokey ones instead of the brush type, it seems hard to get the mascara on and the formula of this one doesn't seem as resistant and flakes easier.  I don't know if this is because I got it through a subscription or if it would be like that if I bought it in the store as well.  I really enjoy their Lights-Camera-Action Mascara and the Lifted though.
Zoe D.
I have been looking for a mascara to last me around 5-7 hours. Will this mascara do that?
Marylou F.
I see a lot of people at tarte using this and their eyelashes always look super long, but is it just because they're long lashes or does this really make your lashes look long? I had short lashes and I'm always looking for a good mascara!
Victoria T.
Rncho Cordova, CA
I've been seeing this mascara all over my Instagram. I love a great mascara, but need to know is this worth it? Will this formula stand up to the Las Vegas heat and my oily skin?
Mary Allison G.
Winston Salem, NC
Okay this is gross but have any of y'all had an issue with your eyes getting all crusty after using this? I've only had mine for about 2 months and recently my eyes will be crusted shut the morning after I use it. I wash my face really well so I'm not sleeping with it on. Has anyone else had this issue? Again sorry this is so gross!
Michaela T.
Bay, AR
Is this clumpy? I want a new mascara but hate clumps?