BY TARTE

An award-winning, vegan, dual-ended eyeliner that has a waterproof black liquid formula on one side & a gel pencil on the other.

• Mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin around the lashline

Product performance: Vegan, 12-hour, 2-in-1 liquid & gel pencil eyeliner can be worn separately or layered to creates a wide range of eye looks. The Amazonian clay-infused self-sharpening gel pencil is wax-free, so it glides along the inner rim effortlessly to define & tightline. The slick liquid eyeliner goes on glossy & dries instantly to a semi-matte, opaque black finish – its soft-flex tip deposits even, saturated color perfect for an ultra-fine line or crisp cat eye.

Pencil Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, isododecane, ceresin, diisostearyl malate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, silica silylate, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Liquid Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, acrylates/ethylhexyl acrylate/HEMA copolymer, propylene glycol, ammonium acrylates copolymer, acrylates/diethylaminoethyl methacrylate/ethylhexyl acrylate copolymer, laureth-21, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, butylene glycol, isodeceth-6, potassium sorbate, sodium laureth sulfate, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium dehydroacetate, black 2 (nano) (CI 77266).

Made in China.

tarte Tarteist™ Double Take Eyeliner
  • "I loveeee this! I used to use KVD tattoo liner as my go to but this has taken its place. The liquid liner has amazing pigmentation, it's so dark and fine. The other side is also black and doesn't smudge. I love this also because it's so convenient to have both in one " in 81 reviews
  • "Personally I love this product! I usually only use the gel/pencil side vs. the liquid because lately I have been going for a more natural look by just lining my water line;however both sides are incredible and last all day. This line of tarte is extremely pigmented which is great because that is what I look for in eyeliners and al of makeup products. I can't wait to try the rest of the line. Makeup bag essential!" in 24 reviews
  • "Tarte is one of my favorite makeup brands, they make some of the best quality products without being too pricey. This double take eyeliner is the perfect dual liner with both a pencil and a liquid liner that come on each end. It's such a great dual products, as with this one you can get that perfect cateye flick about as fast as you can line your waterline without having to grab another product. I like that this doesn't smudge like cheaper brands and comes with two caps to keep your product protected all at an affordable price. If you'd have to buy both a liquid and a pencil liner in a high end brand, you'd likely be spending around double the price of what this double take liner costs. I highly recommend this dual liner, it's both affordable and effective in achieving that sleek effortless super black line that you have struggled to get for so long, so what are you waiting for? Don't wait, Tarte double take eyeliner in black is calling your name!" in 23 reviews
  • "This eyeliner is heaven sent. It takes a steady hand and some practice, but once you get the hang of it you'll love it. I have had this eyeliner for several weeks and use it every day. It is waterproof and stays in perfect conditional all day long. Love love love!! " in 13 reviews
  • "My new favorite liner who wouldn't absolutely love a double ended liner that glides on like silk . It stays put doesn't smudge and lasts I think I'm in love " in 11 reviews
Rebecca F.
Elizabethton, TN
Purchased at: ULTA
It’s a good eyeliner. I like that it has a liquid side and a crayon side. My only complaint is that the crayon side can tug a little and cause your line to not be as precise. I got this as part of a three pack with brown, black and burgundy.
Joey G.
Broken Arrow, OK
Purchased at: ULTA
Love this liner, glides on easy, stays all day and even has a bottom liner so you can tight line your eyes! I love that, I own this in black, brown and the crimson color that came out during the holidays! This eyeliner is a staple in my makeup bag!
Bre R.
Stoneboro, PA
A little pricey at 24$ but I bought it in a Sephora’s favorites bundle so paid probably that much total for four mini items and the full sized double liner. I could never use the liquid liner pens could never get sharp points/crisp lines, this product seems to make it easy! I’ve had it for almost two months now, use it everyday and it still hasn’t dried out yet. I love it! Not really looking forward to paying full price for it but tarte always does little bundle deals, you can get it or another similar one and two minis for 15 bucks usually. I only used the other side once, it’s creamier than I’d like. My friend used it twice and kept breaking the tips off.
Zerlaine P.
Davie, FL
This eyeliner is the best solution between a pen and liquid. The liquid can only be use by ninjas highly trained in it's use. You can sharpen and sharpen a pencil and it's never sharp, plus, if your pencil is cheapo it doesn't always start well. These start smooth and always have a point: if you've never seen one, it's like a tiny 1mm wide tube of black lip balm. I find it to be reasonably water resistant, and it's easy to get a good, dark, fine line. I thought I was doomed to be an eyeliner klutz for the rest of my life, but this stuff makes me look good. Literally.
Paula C.
Seneca, SC
Purchased at: Sephora
This eyeliner is the perfect combination of gel at one end and liquid at the other. This is better than other alternatives. I think this is perfect the way it is. I am a repeat customer for this product. It’s recommended.
alicia n.
Purchased at: ULTA
Pencil liner: smooth, but doesn't quite "glide" on like I hoped. It takes a couple tries to get it the way you want.
Liquid liner: I love how easily it applies but it runs quite a bit, even without water.

Neither liner in this pencil lasts more than an hour or two. It stays on your face for sure, but doesn't hold up to how it was applied. Once you get raccoon eyes from this liner, you're stuck with them.
Paying $20 for an eyeliner, I was really hoping for something better.
Would not reccomend to a friend, would not buy again.
Jessica Y.
Woodinville, WA
THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE EYELINER! I use this product whenever I want to do a dramatic wing or basic tight line. This product is super versatile since it’s double sided. I recommend this eyeliner to all of my friends when they are searching for the perfect eyeliner. I have been using this eyeliner for a year now and I don’t plan to switch any time soon. I highly recommend this eyeliner because it dries super quickly but the brush is a little more on the medium/thick side so it does make for a very good dramatic eyeliner.
Sarah L.
Siloam Springs
I tried this eyeliner out as soon as it came in the mail and I'm so pleased with this purchase! It is so much more pigmented than most felt tip liners, and it is so smooth to apply. A little goes a long way;
I'm not the greatest at applying felt tip eyeliner, but this one was so smooth and glides on well without smudging.
The pencil side is super creamy and smooth, I love using it to smoke out my lower lash line.
Lundyn W.
tarte Tarteist™ Double Take Eyeliner
This is my everyday liner, from crisp wings to filling in the lash line. I feel, personally, that Tarte did price this adequately. $24 seems high until you realize that this double ended badass will literally last you months. When taken care of, it will last you forever.
I loooove how dark the ink is. The fact that it's this velvety formula, safe enough for sensitive skin, yet able to produce a crisp and dark wing is goddamn fabulous. The stick end is just as dark and creamy. Perhaps too creamy, if not careful the eyeliner will break apart with too much pressure. However It stays all day and rarely smudges, even without a setting spray. The only thing I don't necessarily care for is the top. When adding the top back onto the eyeliner, you must press down until you hear it click. Otherwise it will literally backfire and the cap will fly off to who the hell knows where. That was the only thing I didn't enjoy. Despite that, this is my everyday go to liner.
karen b.
Cape Coral
I have bought this eyeliner multiple times , it’s the only eyeliner I keep coming back to. I love it so much because it has two sides for all your eyeliner necessities, both sides have tons of pigment and it’s super black! The liquid side is the side I use most often and it stays on all day with no touch ups. I mainly use the other side for under my top lashes to make them look fuller and it’s such a cute look and I love the convenience of this eyeliner ❤️
Jessica S.
Hey! What is your favorite Liquid eyeliner? I have been using tarte Tarteist™ Double Take Eyeliner
Lisa J.
Plainview, NY
I've heard good things but am wondering if this really lasts all day?
Danielle K.
Abingdon, MD
Is this good for someone new to liquid eyeliner?
Theresa C.
Fontana , CA
So does anyone know if this eyeliner is long lasting or do you have to keep re applying your wing??
Samantha A.
Jacksonville, FL
Some "twist-up" eyeliners are too clumpy on my eyes, does this smooth on evenly?