BY TARTE #23 in Eyeliner

An award-winning, vegan, dual-ended eyeliner that has a waterproof black liquid formula on one side & a gel pencil on the other.

• Mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin around the lashline

Product performance: Vegan, 12-hour, 2-in-1 liquid & gel pencil eyeliner can be worn separately or layered to creates a wide range of eye looks. The Amazonian clay-infused self-sharpening gel pencil is wax-free, so it glides along the inner rim effortlessly to define & tightline. The slick liquid eyeliner goes on glossy & dries instantly to a semi-matte, opaque black finish – its soft-flex tip deposits even, saturated color perfect for an ultra-fine line or crisp cat eye.

Pencil Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, isododecane, ceresin, diisostearyl malate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, silica silylate, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Liquid Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, acrylates/ethylhexyl acrylate/HEMA copolymer, propylene glycol, ammonium acrylates copolymer, acrylates/diethylaminoethyl methacrylate/ethylhexyl acrylate copolymer, laureth-21, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, butylene glycol, isodeceth-6, potassium sorbate, sodium laureth sulfate, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium dehydroacetate, black 2 (nano) (CI 77266).

Made in China.

• Is this good for someone new to liquid eyeliner? 4 Answers
  • How is this for smudging? I got the ciate liner in my ipsy bag an...2 Answers
  • Is this better than the Stila eyeliner?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I loveeee this! I used to use KVD tattoo liner as my go to but this has taken its place. The liquid liner has amazing pigmentation, it's so dark and fine. The other side is also black and doesn't smudge. I love this also because it's so convenient to have both in one " in 81 reviews
  • "Personally I love this product! I usually only use the gel/pencil side vs. the liquid because lately I have been going for a more natural look by just lining my water line;however both sides are incredible and last all day. This line of tarte is extremely pigmented which is great because that is what I look for in eyeliners and al of makeup products. I can't wait to try the rest of the line. Makeup bag essential!" in 42 reviews
  • "Tarte is one of my favorite makeup brands, they make some of the best quality products without being too pricey. This double take eyeliner is the perfect dual liner with both a pencil and a liquid liner that come on each end. It's such a great dual products, as with this one you can get that perfect cateye flick about as fast as you can line your waterline without having to grab another product. I like that this doesn't smudge like cheaper brands and comes with two caps to keep your product protected all at an affordable price. If you'd have to buy both a liquid and a pencil liner in a high end brand, you'd likely be spending around double the price of what this double take liner costs. I highly recommend this dual liner, it's both affordable and effective in achieving that sleek effortless super black line that you have struggled to get for so long, so what are you waiting for? Don't wait, Tarte double take eyeliner in black is calling your name!" in 36 reviews
  • "Personally I love this product! I usually only use the gel/pencil side vs. the liquid because lately I have been going for a more natural look by just lining my water line;however both sides are incredible and last all day. This line of tarte is extremely pigmented which is great because that is what I look for in eyeliners and al of makeup products. I can't wait to try the rest of the line. Makeup bag essential!" in 24 reviews
  • "Tarte is one of my favorite makeup brands, they make some of the best quality products without being too pricey. This double take eyeliner is the perfect dual liner with both a pencil and a liquid liner that come on each end. It's such a great dual products, as with this one you can get that perfect cateye flick about as fast as you can line your waterline without having to grab another product. I like that this doesn't smudge like cheaper brands and comes with two caps to keep your product protected all at an affordable price. If you'd have to buy both a liquid and a pencil liner in a high end brand, you'd likely be spending around double the price of what this double take liner costs. I highly recommend this dual liner, it's both affordable and effective in achieving that sleek effortless super black line that you have struggled to get for so long, so what are you waiting for? Don't wait, Tarte double take eyeliner in black is calling your name!" in 23 reviews
Christine A.
Flushing, NY
So i went from using Stila to this eye liner and i love it! Stila was good but it wasnt matte enough for me. I love how this eyeliner glides on smoothly and is forgiving if i make a mistake. I can take it off without having to rub harshly but once it sets, it's long lasting! I've only used the liquid side, as this pen has both liquid and gel. I don't use gel but I may try it out since I have it. Overall I give this product 5 stars! I will definitely buy it again when I run out.
Zerlaine P.
Davie , FL
This eyeliner is the best solution between a pen and liquid. The liquid can only be use by ninjas highly trained in it's use. You can sharpen and sharpen a pencil and it's never sharp, plus, if your pencil is cheapo it doesn't always start well. These start smooth and always have a point: if you've never seen one, it's like a tiny 1mm wide tube of black lip balm. I find it to be reasonably water resistant, and it's easy to get a good, dark, fine line. I thought I was doomed to be an eyeliner klutz for the rest of my life, but this stuff makes me look good. Literally.
Sonya G.
I LOVE this eyeliner! Both sides are extremely pigmented and don’t come off until I actually use makeup remover. I always had trouble with eyeliner that I put on my waterline, because it never stayed. I tried Urban Decay, Maybelline, etc. However, someone got me this as a gift and I absolutely love it because it doesn’t come off or budge at all and this is so new to me! It’s intensely pigmented and really helps define my eye. The liquid eyeliner is also really great, it doesn’t smudge or spread or budge at all. Highly recommend!
Sarah L.
Siloam Springs
I tried this eyeliner out as soon as it came in the mail and I'm so pleased with this purchase! It is so much more pigmented than most felt tip liners, and it is so smooth to apply. A little goes a long way;
I'm not the greatest at applying felt tip eyeliner, but this one was so smooth and glides on well without smudging.
The pencil side is super creamy and smooth, I love using it to smoke out my lower lash line.
lalyy 🖤.
Miami
This is such an amazing eyeliner I’m allergic to most eyeliners so I would always stick to my $1 eyeliner but I started using this and it works so good I love it it swipes the eyeliner perfect and quick it’s so pigmented it works amazing and it doesn’t irritate my eyes which is a good sign it doesn’t crease or crack it doesn’t feel heavy on the eye the pencil side feels so good it’s creamy I love this product and I would definitely buy this product again
Amy K.
Valparaiso, IN
I came across this product in my search for a good liquid liner. The bonus was 2 in one. I got my liquid and my regular. I LOVE IT! The liquid liner is fantastic and the regular liner is just as good! The liquid liner lasts me all day and still looks great in the morning if I sleep with it on. The regular liner fades about 7 hours into the day but a quick touch up fixes it right up. I have no problem removing it with soap and water!
Sara S.
Gaithersburg, MD
Used to be my go-to, but I haven't used it in awhile. The pencil liner part in mine was defective and totally unusable, so I can't comment on it. The liquid pen is BOLD. Sometimes too much so. I've find of strayed away because it gets very thick if you're not careful. A light hand is needed for precise work. My roommate and I like layering this on top of other line to make it look more bold (try Kat Von D's tattoo liner).
Maddy B.
Arkadelphia , AR
Here is a picture of the liner on my eyes.
This is my most used eyeliner that I own. It applies so easily and smooth. It’s also very black! One side is liquid liner and the other side is pencil liner. It’s more expensive but it’s worth the money. I would recommend to anyone needing a good liquid liner!
Kayla D.
LOVE LOVE LOVE. This is hands down the BEST eyeliner I’ve ever bought. It goes on flawless. Would stay in place three whole days! (if I let it, but I’m sure I’d stink if I did that! Lol) The tip stays pointy and perfect for application. Will keep buying and recommending for everyone I know!
Bree S.
Levittown
if i could give this ten stars, i would. this is the BEST eyeliner i’ve ever used. so pigmented and gets a precise, perfect wing every time. lasts me way longer than others have. plus, it’s a two for one deal with the double ended! the crayon doesn’t smudge very much in the waterline either. seriously, i’ve used a lot and this is best liquid liner on the market.
Lisa J.
Plainview, NY
I've heard good things but am wondering if this really lasts all day?
Theresa C.
Fontana , CA
So does anyone know if this eyeliner is long lasting or do you have to keep re applying your wing??
Danielle K.
Abingdon, MD
Is this good for someone new to liquid eyeliner?
Samantha A.
Jacksonville, FL
Some "twist-up" eyeliners are too clumpy on my eyes, does this smooth on evenly?