BY TARTE #18 in Eyeliner

An award-winning, vegan, dual-ended eyeliner that has a waterproof black liquid formula on one side & a gel pencil on the other.

• Mineral pigments: soothe & soften skin around the lashline

Product performance: Vegan, 12-hour, 2-in-1 liquid & gel pencil eyeliner can be worn separately or layered to creates a wide range of eye looks. The Amazonian clay-infused self-sharpening gel pencil is wax-free, so it glides along the inner rim effortlessly to define & tightline. The slick liquid eyeliner goes on glossy & dries instantly to a semi-matte, opaque black finish – its soft-flex tip deposits even, saturated color perfect for an ultra-fine line or crisp cat eye.

Pencil Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, isododecane, ceresin, diisostearyl malate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, silica silylate, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Liquid Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, acrylates/ethylhexyl acrylate/HEMA copolymer, propylene glycol, ammonium acrylates copolymer, acrylates/diethylaminoethyl methacrylate/ethylhexyl acrylate copolymer, laureth-21, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, butylene glycol, isodeceth-6, potassium sorbate, sodium laureth sulfate, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium dehydroacetate, black 2 (nano) (CI 77266).

Made in China.

• Is this good for someone new to liquid eyeliner? 4 Answers
  • How is this for smudging? I got the ciate liner in my ipsy bag an...2 Answers
  • Is this better than the Stila eyeliner?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Christine A.
Flushing, NY
So i went from using Stila to this eye liner and i love it! Stila was good but it wasnt matte enough for me. I love how this eyeliner glides on smoothly and is forgiving if i make a mistake. I can take it off without having to rub harshly but once it sets, it's long lasting! I've only used the liquid side, as this pen has both liquid and gel. I don't use gel but I may try it out since I have it. Overall I give this product 5 stars! I will definitely buy it again when I run out.
Sonya G.
I LOVE this eyeliner! Both sides are extremely pigmented and don’t come off until I actually use makeup remover. I always had trouble with eyeliner that I put on my waterline, because it never stayed. I tried Urban Decay, Maybelline, etc. However, someone got me this as a gift and I absolutely love it because it doesn’t come off or budge at all and this is so new to me! It’s intensely pigmented and really helps define my eye. The liquid eyeliner is also really great, it doesn’t smudge or spread or budge at all. Highly recommend!
Sarah L.
Siloam Springs
I tried this eyeliner out as soon as it came in the mail and I'm so pleased with this purchase! It is so much more pigmented than most felt tip liners, and it is so smooth to apply. A little goes a long way;
I'm not the greatest at applying felt tip eyeliner, but this one was so smooth and glides on well without smudging.
The pencil side is super creamy and smooth, I love using it to smoke out my lower lash line.
Amy K.
Valparaiso, IN
I came across this product in my search for a good liquid liner. The bonus was 2 in one. I got my liquid and my regular. I LOVE IT! The liquid liner is fantastic and the regular liner is just as good! The liquid liner lasts me all day and still looks great in the morning if I sleep with it on. The regular liner fades about 7 hours into the day but a quick touch up fixes it right up. I have no problem removing it with soap and water!
Maddy B.
Arkadelphia , AR
Here is a picture of the liner on my eyes.
This is my most used eyeliner that I own. It applies so easily and smooth. It’s also very black! One side is liquid liner and the other side is pencil liner. It’s more expensive but it’s worth the money. I would recommend to anyone needing a good liquid liner!
Kayla D.
LOVE LOVE LOVE. This is hands down the BEST eyeliner I’ve ever bought. It goes on flawless. Would stay in place three whole days! (if I let it, but I’m sure I’d stink if I did that! Lol) The tip stays pointy and perfect for application. Will keep buying and recommending for everyone I know!
Bree S.
Levittown
if i could give this ten stars, i would. this is the BEST eyeliner i’ve ever used. so pigmented and gets a precise, perfect wing every time. lasts me way longer than others have. plus, it’s a two for one deal with the double ended! the crayon doesn’t smudge very much in the waterline either. seriously, i’ve used a lot and this is best liquid liner on the market.
Joyce L.
Cliffside Park
Listen y’all. This is the best bang for your buck if you want a liquid AND gel pencil liner. The gel end surprisingly applies very precisely and can give you a pretty sharp but naturally smudgy wing. On the other end, the liquid liner is just as good if not better than be stila liquid liner (which alone is the same price as this one product??). The liquid liner doesn’t smudge and actually kinda chips off (if it does at all) which is pretty convenient if you need to do a clean touch up. Both ends are very pigmented and have lasted me much longer than a stila liner. I HIGHLY recommend!
Nicole N.
Greenville, SC
I've tried a few felt tip liners and this is definitely one of my favs. A lot of mine tend to dry out pretty fast but I've gotten a lot of use out of this liner and it's still at the top of my list. The dual end is perfect especially if you don't want to purchase to liners. Both sides are easy to apply. It lasts all day with no smudge. Would definitely recommend!!
Brittany A.
York, PA
This eyeliner is my go to in my beauty bag! I love how you can have a pen and a pencil all in one. I can get the best cat eye!! Great value and doesn't dry out quickly! It also is long lasting. I do always seem to break the pencil side so maybe they could make that better, but its probably my own user error.
Lisa J.
Plainview, NY
I've heard good things but am wondering if this really lasts all day?
Theresa C.
Fontana , CA
So does anyone know if this eyeliner is long lasting or do you have to keep re applying your wing??
Danielle K.
Abingdon, MD
Is this good for someone new to liquid eyeliner?
Samantha A.
Jacksonville, FL
Some "twist-up" eyeliners are too clumpy on my eyes, does this smooth on evenly?