BY TARTE #2 in Lip Stain

• What is your Favorite brand of matte lipstick?? tarte Tar...4 Answers
  • This isnt a question more of a PSA. I keep seeing people ...1 Answers
Katie A.
Tillsonburg , AL
Review for: Fomo (mauve) more...
This is a phenomenal lip product. I rarely wear lip products because I always worry about the colour fading away or flaking off 🙄
This product didn't come off after lots of talking, eating, and drinking. It faded a bit in the middle but it was a good fade, if that makes any sense - and that was only after eating a full meal and having a few drinks. My lips looked pretty much the same at the end of the night as when I first applied the product.
This product did make my lips feel a bit dry, but not as dry as other matte liquid lipsticks. My lips were dry, but not just-spent-a-week-in-the-desert dry.
The colour applied perfectly. It really is a creamy texture. I love Tarte Cosmetics
Keyana D.
Sault Ste, ON
My only review of this lip comes from the Sephora birthday gift sample in "birthday suit" I believe it's called.

Firstly, the colour is perfect. I struggle to find a good nude and this one is PERFECT on my light/medium olive with cool yellow undertone skin. It blows my mind because until I tried this lipstick, the perfect nude had always been impossible for me.

The formula isn't very long wearing though.. most likely because it is very moussey/creamy and moisturizing. It almost feels oily on the lips. I just wish it was more long wearing... it doesn't resist transfer at all.

No smell. Good for going out for an hour or 2.
Maren A.
Review for: Fomo (mauve) more...
The application is really smooth, no streaking. The applicator is cool because it bends. However, it is not my favourite liquid lipstick. First off, I'm not a big fan of the smell... it has that minty/spicy smell (hard to describe) that reminds me of the smell of a lot of lip plumping products. The formula I'm not fond of either, or doesn't really dry.... and I prefer my matte lipsticks to have no transfer like Colourpop or Kat Von D formulas. I still rated this product 3 stars because I still really do like the colour but I still find myself wanting to use my other liquid lipsticks instead.
Leah C.
Thunder Bay, ON
Review for: Frenemy more...
I love this lip stain! Tarte does not play when it comes to longevity and products that last all day!

This goes on pretty smooth and stays on even when you eat and drink. It’s perfect for a night out as it doesn’t smudge or pile up. Plus, application is pretty easy with the applicator/a lipstick brush and it drys quickly for a matte finish! The frenemy shade is hella dark and super pigmented.

My only complaint is that the product can be drying, and if you have even mildly-chapped or dry lips, you won’t be using this stain as it looks absolutely ridiculous and strangely textured on dryer lips that aren’t full and rosy. I would suggest drinking lots of water and doing a lip scrub a few hours before you know you’re going to put this on, or if you have dry lips, go with something creamier.
Nikolina S.
Port Coquitlam , BC
Super long lasting, even colour from day to night! Love this tarte product! Beautiful array of colours available in this line. My personal favourites are Dark Berry, Birthday Suit, and Namaste. Simply touch up with a lip balm or high shine gloss for added drama to your pout! Best stain product I have ever used. Love that it goes on true to the colour shown. I personally find that I need to use the sides of the bottle to minimize the product dispensed on the applicator brush for an even application though! Very big fan of lip paints!
Mya A.
Stellar lipstick I love the formula it's so pigmented and easy to apply. The applicator itself is easy to use. The colour I have is birthday party and I wear it everyday. It does stain your coffee cups a bit the first little bit after you apply it but after that it's good to go. You will need to put another coat on after lunch though.
Jane T.
Markham, ON
Review for: Other more...
I got the Birthday Suit shade. The color is beautiful and it’s an everyday lip color. One of my favs in nude pinks. But! Every single time I purchase a Lip Paint, the cap always cracks and when I twists it close, products overspills and makes a mess everywhere. It’s such a waste of product as it overflows out the bottle when I close it. I have to wipe the cap off everytime. Other than the cap I have no complaints
Kimberly C.
I love all types of lip stick and I was really excited to splurge on this. It was about $25 so it was a lot to spend and I am REALLY disappointed in it. The color smudges all over and does not stay on at all. I would not recommend this to anyone and am thinking about returning it. If anyone has any tips for me to get this to stay on better please let me know!
Jennifer W.
Vancouver, BC
Review for: Other more...
Received the free birthday suit colour from Sephora for my birthday. I started off really liking this product, I thought the colour was good and the formula was decently long-lasting and comfortable. However, I've noticed over time the formula and colour seem to have changed. It's thicker and gloopier, and the colour is soooo much darker. I also notice it gives me a gross white line on my mouth's waterline overtime. Not cute. I've only had it 5 months. Maybe it's because I'm near the end of the tube?
Aideen M.
Honestly for a lip paint, which is usually drying this is great! It doesn’t dry at all, if anything it leaves my lips smooth, but gives such a long lasting matte affect. Well worth it!
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Angel S.
Las Vegas , NV
Brittany W.
Denver, CO
Allison H.
Columbia, MO
Do you think it's easy to apply
Jenny L.
Does this stay on for 24 hours and is it sticky? Is it really dry?