BY TARTE #2 in Lip Stain

• This isnt a question more of a PSA. I keep seeing people ...1 Answers
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Review for: Other more...
I absolutely love this matte lip paint by tarte. The colour I have isn’t on the list, it’s called birthday suit (It is a pinkish nude colour). Normally I don’t wear lip products other than lip balms or a clear gloss, however I’ve been noticing all different kinds of lip products they have out so I’m trying to go outside my comfort zone.
I received this product in a travel size with a matching blush by tarte as a free birthday gift from Sephora. It is extremely long lasting, it has a buttery texture that glides on your lips, it is easy to apply and has a great pigmentation. It doesn’t dry your lips out either which I’ve been told that some matte lip paints/lipstick’s can do. I really like this product and highly recommend buying it, I think the full size cost’s between $20-25 CDN. This is definitely a 5 Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Tasha B.
Review for: Other more...
I bought the shade Pillowtalk, which is a very light pink nude with almost a hint of peach. I am very fair skinned so I am always sceptical of liquid lipsticks as they seem to always dry down a few shades darker - however this is not the case with this liquid lipstick. Pillowtalk is very true to the shade it appears in the tube. I have worn this to work and it has lasted a good 6 hours and the product stays quite well when eating and drinking. The packaging has a higher end feel about it and the product is a good size to fit into makeup bags and purses. The only thing I would say is that this particular shade is very light even on myself so I'm not sure it would compliment a wide variety of skin tones as it can wash me out if bronzer is not applied, however they do have quite a range of shades so there is something to suit everyone. Other than that this product is one of my go to liquid lipsticks and one of the best I have found, a good everyday liquid lipstick that you don't have to reapply too often.
Rena A.
Surrey, CA
Review for: Other more...
I like Tarte but this just didn’t make the list. I bought the shade (Birthday Suit) and I was excited to try it; first the colour did not work in my medium skin tone which I found disappointing. And second the lipstick/cream streaked my lips and it looked so dry which I hated and personally it was sticky and I couldn’t reapply so I had to while it all off and re do my lipstick which is a long process. But it worked for my mom since she has a lip skin tone she fell in love with the colour and it worked for her just fine.
scarlet s.
Devon, UK
Review for: Fomo (mauve) more...
I really am very happy with purchasing this product. I was a little sceptical as a friend of mine said it was fairly drying. I do agree it is slightly drying but when using less products and moisturising and exfoliating lips prior to application, prevents flakeyness. Overall I do admit they are fairly good! Although they are fairly pricey, and buying from the Tarte website in the UK is very hard as the shipping method is very high which isn’t very cost efficient. Perhaps tarte could think on that a little bit. I will be repurchasing though as gifts for friends and family:)
Mari V.
Review for: Other more...
Meet, before you a matte lipstick from the company Tarte, Tarteist lip paint. I think this company is already known to many, with its shadows and other products. I was fortunate enough to be the owner of this vaunted matte lipstick, and even in two shades at once. I received them in a miniature version, in a well-known beauty box. The bottle of lipstick is transparent with an applicator (like lip gloss). The volume of the jar is 1 ml, but believe it is quite enough, as the product is economically applied and retains its color for a long time. When applied to the lips, the lipstick seems to solidify and turn into a matte. The texture is soft, creamy. Perseverance is crazy, it has to be washed away. With this, the micellar water from Garnier does a good job, but it is also necessary to make efforts. I found the shades of incredible beauty Rose - a gentle, natural, not bright and unobtrusive. Delish - a bit darker shade of rose, rich, berry, trendy and "tasty"! For a saturated color, apply one thin layer of lipstick. Just a great thing! The cost of the full version (6 ml), on the official site about 20 dollars. PS- unfortunately in the photos because of the lighting, the shades look very much alike, although in reality they are completely different, both in the bottle and on the lips.
Sarah S.
Barrie, IL
Review for: Other more...
I bought a full size of Birthday Suit after receiving it in my Sephora birthday gift and I have to say, I love it. The colour is beautiful and suits paler skin tones very well. The only qualms I have about it are the price ($24 CDN) and the packaging. I know this is a higher end brand but spending $24 (BEFORE TAX) on a lipstick is extortionate considering brands like colour pop are selling quality product for a fraction of the cost. I’m also not a huge fan of the packaging. I feel like it’s really plain and boring and that they could do better when you are paying such a high price for a liquid lipstick. The applicator is a nice shape but barely fits out of the neck of the tube and I’m worried one day it will just fall off as I pull it out. Overall, I love this product and would repurchase it in the future purely because it is the perfect colour for me, but I do hope that Tarte makes the product a little more worth the cost.
Zara U.
I love every tarte lipstick. It doesn't get cakey. Also it last longer. love my Tarte lipstick in Shock (a puple/pink color). Tested this in a Sephora store, and then got complimented on it as I was walking around shopping. This is a fairly dark color and does not run or bleed at all, and I do not use a lipliner with it. The color lasts quite a while, doesn't dry out, or make my lips feel icky. I do wish they'd make the tube a little cuter, but oh well. I think this is a great product, and am looking forward to trying other colors!
Esmelinda E.
Doral, FL
Review for: TBT more...
This liquid lipstick has really grown on me. It's a beautiful dark mauve. The formula is a bit different from many liquid lipstick formulas on the market today; it's a thick mousse-like texture that applies smoothly and evenly. It's incredibly pigmented, and not as drying as other liquid lipstick formulas. While it dries down to a matte finish, this lipstick is not completely transfer-proof.
Tip: I typically wait for the lipstick to sit on my lips for about 10 minutes to dry, and lightly blot away the excess 'transfer' onto a napkin. This still leaves plenty of product and color on my lips.

Pros:
TBT is a beautiful color
Incredibly smooth and even application, not drying
Very pigmented
Smells like mint chocolate
Cruelty-free

Cons:
Does not dry completely matte. It does transfer slighty
Shade names are kinda cheesy (TBT, bae, twerk, etc...)
daphane p.
Review for: Bae more...
My best friend bought me this for my birthday a couple years back and it has been my favourite lip stain/liquid lipstick by far! It glides on so smoothly and if applied with a lip balm, will last all day! I feel like it also moisturizes my lips entirely as well! The colour stays on all day and when eating, there’s hardly any transfer! I love red lipsticks and this has got to be my all time favourite. Throughout the day I do notice though that if my lips are dry you do see the cracking but that’s basically every matte lip out there. I would highly highly recommend this though! It feels like a lip balm but 5x more glam! Will definitely continue to use this product!
Izabella K.
Waterloo, ON
Review for: Other more...
Got this in the shade birthday suit which is exclusive to Sephora and it’s honestly so cute. The formula of this product is really good and soft on the lips. It’s not to drying and the shade looks amazing. The only thing about this I don’t like is that it doesn’t last very long on your lips and in about an hours it will be off. But it your cool with reapplying it then get this, it will work for you.
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Angel S.
Las Vegas , NV
Brittany W.
Denver, CO
Allison H.
Columbia, MO
Do you think it's easy to apply
Jenny L.
Does this stay on for 24 hours and is it sticky? Is it really dry?