BY TARTE #2 in Lip Stain

• What is your Favorite brand of matte lipstick?? tarte Tar...4 Answers
  • This isnt a question more of a PSA. I keep seeing people ...1 Answers
Madison W.
Charleston, WV
I have this in Namaste and I absolutely adore the color, but the formula is really not good. When you first put it on it looks smooth and I love the minty scent, but within 2 hours it doesn't just come off, but it doesn't fade away evenly so you're left with little patches of the color on your lips. I was only able to fix this problem by a little bit by doing 2 coats, but even then, it's not a huge improvement. It never feels like it's truly set.
The first couple of times I tried to use my lip paint, it looked really dry and caked on and I ended up taking it off immediately. I have since found that I have to have extremely exfoliated and hydrated lips AND use the smallest amount of product to be able to wear it on my lips. It is drying on the lips and clings to any dry patches.
Amber K.
Akron, OH
Review for: Other more...
For my birthday gift this month Sephora hooked me up with this lip paint in a shade called "Birthday Suit." I really like the shade itself and it compliments my skin tone well for a "nude" shade. The formula goes on smoothly and stays put well. I will say it feels a little "heavy on my lips which I don't enjoy. I ended up purchasing this brand of lip paint in "Fri-yay" which is a fun purple. I like both a lot and probably will buy more in the future.
Angelia C.
Gatesville , TX
I must say, I wasn't exactly sure about this lip stain when I first got it, but after trying it  I am sold!!  When I first put it on it seemed really thin, or slick and I was afraid it was going to run off my lips, but it didn't!  Then I just knew it was going to dry my lips out so bad I'd be regretting putting it on, but it didn't!!!  You have got to try it, it has staying power without drying your lips out and some great shades!
Robin T.
Lynn, MA
The tarteist lip paint cost $20 which I thought was ok pricing. The color range available was nice for all skin tones. The packaging is very sleek and simple. The color payoff was good. The longevity of the product not so good. I did not like that it didn't dry completely. It also did not turn to matte. I would probably try it again maybe in another color to see if my opinion changes.
Brittany M.
Laurel, MD
Better than I expected, especially after reading so many negative reviews on these. I swatched a few shades at Sephora and while it did take a couple of minutes to dry down - it is a matte finish and long wearing. Shades are beautiful too, but I feel like I've seen these shades too often. It's just not original, in my opinion.
Amanda M.
Elkin, NC
I love the concept of having a pigmented lip stain that is 100% natural. But I find the formula is so mousse like that it transfers a lot and it feathers on me if I do not use a lip liner. So I love the fact this is more moisturizing then the competition but... I find it doesn't wear as long as some of the competition.
Sloan G.
Dothan, AL
Review for: Fomo (mauve) more...
I love this!!! It's such a cool product. It's a little hard to apply, and it would definitely be really helpful (almost necessary) to use a liner first. But it goes on creamy and dries perfectly smooth to your lips! It will crease if you move your mouth around, but I've found that an extra coat can help. I would recommend
Brittany B.
Hodgenville, KY
Review for: Other more...
I got this in the shade Birthday Suit for my birthday from Sephora and I am in love. I got a little worried because I swatched it on my hand first and it came off really easy but when I applied it to my lips and it dried it worked out so much better. It transfers a little bit but not too much as to where it comes off and I really love the formula of it.
Sloane S.
I have the color namaste which is a great neutral if you have light/ tan skin. I've had issues with other liquid lipsticks crumbling on my lips but I put a thin layer and patted it in (something new) and it didn't look crumbly at all! Id love to try out more colors in the future.
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Angel S.
Las Vegas , NV
Brittany W.
Denver, CO
Allison H.
CAIRO, MO
Do you think it's easy to apply
Jenny L.
Does this stay on for 24 hours and is it sticky? Is it really dry?