BY TARTE #2 in Lip Stain

• What is your Favorite brand of matte lipstick?? tarte Tar...4 Answers
  • This isnt a question more of a PSA. I keep seeing people ...1 Answers
catherine a.
Tampa, FL
I love everything Tarte makes, they are cruelty free which is amazing and as they put in their advertising they are high performance Naturals and I absolutely agree with that slogan. I wore FOMO for my wedding and it stayed on through our first kiss through the champagne toast and through the glasses of wine that followed... I did not have to reapply the product once throughout the night and it came out looking fabulous my wedding photos. I would suggest this product to every girlfriend that I have and all of the female family members in my close and extended family. Quite frankly I think this might be the best liquid matte lip on the market that does not test on animals and that is extremely important to me as a consumer.
Christy V.
Livermore, CA
Review for: Namaste more...
This is one of my favorite matte lipsticks. I usually don't wear matte lipsticks because I enjoy the feeling of comfortability of a cream, but for the first couple hours, this lipstick feels exactly like a cream. What I mean is that it is incredibly lightweight and breathable.

Most matte lipsticks are so heavy and drying, I don't find this to be too drying.

One thing to keep in mind is that it isn't very long lasting. I found that a lot of this lipstick wore off after I ate my first meal. However, it did leave a pretty stain, so I don't mind.

Overall, I recommend this lipstick to a degree. It isn't very drying and extremely comfortable to wear. However, it isn't very long wearing and breaks down easily.
Kimberly S.
Proctorville, OH
I think that this is by far one of the best matte finishing lip products out there. Most of the things that people have as complaints are just virtually impossible, for example think of how much your lips go through in a day with eating, drinking, licking, kissing, the cold air, etc. If something goes through all of that and you get 4-5 hours out of it, how can that be a bad thing?! :P It has an awesome formula that you can actually take your time applying, goes on evenly, and dries to a velvety feeling & looking finish. Also, something that DRIES MATTE is going to feel... Well, DRY! If you have dry lips, but want to use a matte lip finish (especially in liquid form), apply a thin layer of balm or ChapStick to your lips before the matte, give it a few minutes to soak in, kiss of any excess on the back of your hand, then go for the matte! In a nutshell for the #tarte matte lip paint in comparison to others on the market: great color choices, amazing creamy formula that applies evenly, dries to a velvety feeling finish as opposed to a very dried out feel... Highly recommend this product, & will continue to purchase!!!
Jessica G.
Martinsburg, WV
Review for: Selfish more...
I have a few of these lip paints. I was nervous to try because of past awful experiences, but they are perfect. The formula is so creamy and doesn't dry as soon as it hits your lips. You can fix any messups without ruining your whole face. It does not dry in the cracks of your lips. Sometimes I do add a light barrier of chapstick before applying just incase. It lasts for hours. It doesn't rub off in some places and stay put in others...so you don't have patchy lips. It seriously stays in place and looks just as good once you come home. I highly recommend trying the Tarte Lip Paint!! I will be purchasing more colors in the near future!
Allie S.
Roanoke, VA
Review for: Namaste, TBT more...
I love these lip products. They are matte without being overly dry on the lips. It takes a moment for them to dry down, but once they are dry they last FOREVER for me. These are one lip product I can pretty much count on not having to reapply through the day or night - most times I don’t even take them with me when I go out. I haven’t tried any of the darker colors - but the lighter more nude colors apply evenly. I do recommend exfoliating your lips really well before using these because they are very matte and will cling to dry patches - causing a weird flaking effect. If you exfoliate before using though, they are beautiful.
Emeraude🥀 B.
Pomona, CA
Review for: Yaassss more...
Fell in love with this color. I had seen a similar shade in several brands but couldn’t decide right away. But glad I chose this after all. Was totally worth it. Before using this it’s best to make sure to prime your lips because this can stick on to any dry patches. The pigment is great and it’s buildable. So if you like it light/medium/dark it’ll work with each one. Highly recommend if you love bold colors or matte.
Jennifer G.
New haven , CT
tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint

This product is one of my go too's! However the reason I gave this product 4 stars is because of the price, this retails for $20 not including shipping/taxes, It's not very affordable but then again this brand is pretty luxury. This is my first time using tarte's lip paint. Aside from the price I loved it! I have the color "delish" which is a mauve-pink color, very natural. The lip stain is matte and feels like you have nothing on your lips, it also drys very quickly as well. I noticed I did not have to reapply again until like 4-5 hours in the day so it did hold up even through drinking and light snacks.
Rita P.
Mclean, VA
Review for: TBT, Fomo (mauve) more...
tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip PaintI love tarte creamy matte color so much! Especially the Tbt and Fomo color. Both of The pigment were great! Great quality lipsticks and long lasting. It dries matte and I dont have any problem with Tbt but Fomo seem a bit patchy at first applied but if you applied twice, it is going to be fine. They are smell great like a fresh minty too! First color is Tbt, second is Fomo.I would recommend these products.
Melanie M.
maysville ky
Review for: Other more...
I have the shade “crop top” it’s a really pretty dark brown. A friend actually gave this to me because it was to dark for her. fortunately it’s the perfect shade for me. It makes my teeth look super white and it’s perfect for the winter and fall season! The only thing that sucks about it is it’s a little drying and my lips end up peeling if I wear it for a long time but honestly I love the lip paint and will definitely be getting more shades of this lip!
Lauren C.
Review for: Other more...
I got a sample size of the shade Birthday Suit for my birthday from Sephora last year, and I love it. The formula is so creamy, so opaque, and is easy to apply. I like the mint scent this product has, especially since it is a liquid formula. I want to purchase a full size of this in the future. The only downside I have found about this product is that the cap is leaking a oily substance onto the outside of the packaging. I still love the lipstick, so I don't want to throw it away, but I want to know why it is leaking. Other than that, I absolutely love this product.
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Angel S.
Las Vegas , NV
Brittany W.
Denver, CO
Allison H.
Columbia, MO
Do you think it's easy to apply
Jenny L.
Does this stay on for 24 hours and is it sticky? Is it really dry?