BY TARTE #3 in Lip Stain

• What is your Favorite brand of matte lipstick?? tarte Tar...4 Answers
Mary anne M.
West Covina, CA
Review for: Other more...
I purchased one of these back when Bunny did her promo with Tarte, so I have tried a bright red lip color similar to "Bae" in their original line.

This formula is very pigmented. I only need one swipe to have full coverage & my lips are both dark & uneven. I use a couple swipes just to even things out, but I don't have to dip my brush into the product again to do it.

I think this formula is superior to any other matte lip products for a couple reasons. The main reason is because this formula does NOT settle into the lines on your lips. It's not drying at all. Other formulas for matte products like the  Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick are very drying. Tarte's Creamy Matte Lip Paint is not. Their formula is marketed to move with your lips & it really, really does. I am very impressed at how this formula doesn't crack on my lips later in the day. I tend to always have dry, chapped lips so I avoid matte lips like the plague. This is the only matte lip product that I will happily use. Even when I don't prep my lips, this product works to make my lips look amazing despite being dry. It doesn't accentuate dry patches at all.

It is, however, not entirely transfer proof. Other matte lips, like the Kat Von D, are. You will get a little bit of transfer onto your mug or cup. But even when this happens, your lips don't get patchy. You can also easily press your lips together to even it out a bit.

In terms of feathering, I don't have any problems throughout the day. It's only when the day is almost over that I might get a little bit on my upper lip, nothing too noticeable. But I don't prep my lips with primer or liner, so it might not feather at all if I did.

I would definitely purchase this line in other colors. I think the formula is worth every penny because it lasts all day & does not accentuate dryness. It's matte without the cons of a matte lip product. I can deal with a little transferring & feathering.
Kelly S.
Premium, KY
Review for: Other more...
I got the color birthday suit for my birthday from Sephora. I fell in love with it! I am going to go out and buy this myself in the same color and I'm going to go buy Namaste too. These are very creamy on and very very comfortable to wear. They last awhile on me and I don't have to keep reapplying it like some other ones I own. I think it's a great price for what all you are getting with this. One of my favorite lip products to wear!
Celine S.
Review for: Other more...
I got the sample of this lipstick in the color delish in one of my ipsy bags and I am in love with this lipstick! I wore it to a night at the movies and I ate a hamburger and fries and my soda and there wasn't a lot of transfer I did end up having to reapply but I loved the way it applied and felt on my lips! I'll be getting more shades soon!
Nikki T.
Iowa City, IA
Review for: Namaste, Bae more...
I really enjoy the formula of these, it is a matte finish but it is NOT totally transfer proof. I think I had the expectation that they would be and they aren't. I often prefer comfort over long wear, so I'm not exactly disappointed that they don't stay on all day. It very much reminds me of the soft matte lip cream from NYX--if you're looking for a cheaper/similar alternative that's a good dupe!
nikki h.
Cottonwd Hts, UT
Review for: Other more...
I received this as a freebie from Sephora for my birthday and completely fell in love with it. The color Birthday Suit is a really nice neutral, not too pink and not too brown. The formula isn’t too matte and has a nice texture once it is applied. Once my trial-size runs out, I’ll definitely be looking into buying a full-sized version.
Kira G.
Review for: Other more...
For my birthday at sofora I got the tarts birthday set with the blush and mini tartlette in the shade birthday suit. I am currently wearing it and it has lasted almost the full day. I recommend this product and I will continue to buy them.
Xenia A.
Long Beach, CA
I got one of these as the birthday gift from sephora. The color was great on me but I'm pretty pale so I'm not sure if anyone with a darker skin tone would like it as much. It wears comfortably matte and doesn't wear off, but after a few hours I get a ring of grey on the inner rim of my mouth that looks bad. I'm not sure if it's just me but it stops me from wearing it when I know I won't have time to touch up throughout the day
Meg E.
Shippensburg
This is one of the best liquid lipsticks I've ever used. It goes on smoothly and dries down quickly. It doesn't dry my lips out or make them feel sticky. I can't say it is 100% transfer proof but it does have great staying power. I've only noticed it transferring when I eat and even then it doesn't slide all over my face or outside my lips. I also enjoy how great the application is. I've used other brands that tend bleed during application and end up a mess to correct. I've never had that problem here.
Viona C.
Flushing, NY
Love the color options of this product. They're average price for a lipstick and it's a high quality lipstick too! It's really hard for me to find the right mauve color and I feel like they have a pretty broad range of colors. It lasts for a long time and I feel like I don't always have to reapply like I do for a lot of the matte lipstick that I've tried. It's also not drying at all and that's very common for a lot of other matte lipsticks.
Traci W.
Lake City , FL
Tarteist lip paint is an amazing lip stain with a beautiful color that lasts for hours!! I received some in my ipsy glam bag. I'm hooked! The old saying"a little dab will do ya" is on point! It made my lips look amazingly full, my pout looked awesome for hours! Lots of compliments. Gloss shine for hours!
Angel S.
Las Vegas , NV
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Jessica l.
Allison H.
Columbia, MO
Do you think it's easy to apply
Brittany W.