BY TARTE #2 in Lip Stain

• I wanna get a liquid lipstick but I don't know which one ...5 Answers
  • What is your Favorite brand of matte lipstick?? tarte Tar...4 Answers
Phia M.
Memphis, TN
Review for: Selfish more...
Okay I'm a huge fan of this brand "Tarte" I'm 23 years old. I love that I have find my gem in Tarte and i just love them. Why you ask? Well I use the foundation and it's a great coverage for my age ladies because i do have some blemishes, Tarte definitely keeps my face looking and feeling youthful. The foundation stays on all day without replying even with no powder. Now i do have combination skin but still i have used Mac and others and it made my face really oil through out the day. Tarte foundation truly works like magic! Shape tape i can't say enough of this magic wand but thank thank thank you! It's the best by far concealer it doesn't crease in my winkles around my eyes AT ALL also long lasting yes ladies you know what I'm talking about it's so hard to find a concealer that truly works, you will be amazed!!just try it! Now to the Tarteist lip paint once again wow love it, yes it's matte which i love stays on very well i even ate lunch and my lips still looked good. I do use lip crayon with my lip paint. The color i purchased was lovespell and the liner magic wand. Beautiful formula! I'm one pleased customer
Ashley O.
Papillion
Review for: Fomo (mauve) more...
I absolutely loved this matte lip paint! It applies so smoothly and easily! It has a great color pigment and you only need a tiny bit for your lip. It dries quickly and doesn’t get on your teeth like other products. This is definitely worth the money! It lasted easily throughout my day without reapplying. It is so light feeling, almost like you have nothing on at all. I got a very neutral color and I feel it works great for everyday makeup. Overall, I have no negative comments about this product and will definitely be buying this again! Love it so much!
Erika F.
Arlington , VA
Review for: Namaste more...
I received this sample for my birthday from Sephora ! I was so excited because I have tried similar tarte lip samples but the color are much darker ! However the formula for this one seemed very different ! It applied perfect no streaks and even coverage, which surprised me because I struggle with light colors ! I dried in less then 2 min or less !! I loved the way it looked and felt ! After an hour though it was really dry ! I did apply some Carmex before I applied it which keep my lips moistened for hours but my lips felt cracked ! This was my first time using it and I would like to give it another chance since I Love most things that are tarte ! I will say this the color itself is gorgeous especially for my skin tone ! I never saw myself wearing this but loved the way it looks !
Nicole L.
Spanaway, WA
Review for: Fomo (mauve) more...
So I want to start with the fact that I use lipstick almost daily! Typically my go to is LipSense, that was until I tried tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint!! I am so over the moon with the fact at that you don’t put any gloss over it. It’s the creamiest matte I have ever tried! It really does dry fast!! By the time I’m done applying to my top lip, my bottom lip is already dry!! It stays perfectly for about 6-8 hours and then you can just apply another layer and not worry for a while longer! I work 12 hour shifts and my lips still look amazing by the time I get off! I just want to try all the colors! I would recommend this to anyone who wears lipstick! Do keep in mind that it is a matte lip paint, so it’s not like wearing lip gloss. Your lips will be dry to the touch (but not actually dried out lips)! I did get a tiny bit of transfer when drinking because my lips were wet from the beverage. I would not recommend that you make out while wearing this lipstick haha, It would get everywhere after a little bit! But a kiss is totally fine! I love mine and can’t wait to get more! Hope this helped with anyone looking!!
Brianna C.
Osburn, ID
Review for: Fomo (mauve), Other more...
The best matte lip product I’ve tried by far - and I’ve tried a million things looking for a product with this staying power. I have FOMO, Reign, Novel, Spice, and Delish. I will continue buying this product for as long as they make it. There is no transfer whatsoever - I can kiss my husband or my baby or drink wine with no marks and no touch ups. The only lip product I can wear out to a restaurant or bars without worrying about whether it’s wearing off weirdly or getting splotchy. Obsessed! tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Painttarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip PaintLimited Edition Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint
Lindsey K.
Purchased at: ULTA
Vibrant colors, but not the most comfortable or longest-lasting liquid lipstick on the market today.

I was excited to try this lipstick as it was on sale at an incredible price. I bought four shades in my favorite colors, and unfortunately all four did not have the quality that I was expecting for a higher-end product. The colors were beautiful and vibrant, and applied smoothly and evenly but failed miserably in terms of comfort and longevity. Once dried, it felt lightweight, yet chalky and made my lips long for hydration. Further, within a few hours of application, whether eating, drinking, or just talking the lipstick began to crumble starting at the waterline and spreading outward. Eventually, I was left with an unattractive lip ring that was easily wiped off with my finger. It's almost as if the lipstick has no "elasticity", so that when my lips moved it immediately cracked and failed. The applicator itself is kind of awkward, having a little divot in the middle that may have helped for precision, but made it difficult to apply evenly.

Although I really love the vibrancy of the colors that I chose, unfortunately I would not buy again, even at the sale price, as there are similar liquid lipsticks in drugstore brands that perform much better and at a lower cost.
Annalise F.
Springfield
I bought this lip paint in shade "Twerk" and "Lovespell" at Tarts Cosmetics onile, it took 5 days to ship to me an even arrived a head and the packaging was super nice an neat even though it had been passed around through theh US postal service it look as if it had just fell off the shelf and into my lap! As for the quality of the product itself well for starters the color is so pigmented and colorful and it last for quite some time without having to constantly reapply it to my lips for what seems like every 15-20 minutes with other lipstains that being said this product deffinently holds up to its name as a lip stain! It applies very smoothly an a little goes a long way, not like some other lipstains that make me feel as if I'm wasting so much of the product just having to touch it up so frequently. Plus the taste and smell are nice an subtle and it is friendly to sensitive skin which is a huge plus for me because normally all you have to do is just look at me hard enough an I break out in a rash haha. But I have recommended this lip stain and pretty much all of Tartes cosmetics to pretty much all of my friends which they are all just as in love with this lip stain an Tartes cosmetics in general as much as I am! So Now I'm recommending this lip stain to all who may read this review, trust me you can't go wrong with this product because it is simply wonderful! Just like all of Tartes products! I give this product 10 out of 10 and 2 big thumbs up! This is a must try product trust me you won't regret it but... How could you ever regret any of Tartes makeup though they are all just simply perfect an amazing!
Mary S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: Other more...
I got this in the color Birthday Suit as part of my Sephora birthday gift last year, and I love it! Honestly, I wasn’t used to matte liquid lipsticks at the time, and I felt like it was too dry and shoved it in my drawer for a while. I just started using it again, and it’s perfect for springtime! I wear one thin layer of lip balm under it, and I paired it with my Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil in the shade 022 (rosey brown). It lasted very well throughout the day, didn’t dry out my lips, and was almost completely transfer-proof. I needed to touch it up a little after eating, and it layered really well. I had just a little lip goop in my lower lip by the end of the day, but it didn’t happen immediately the way it does with my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Ludwig. Maybe because this is a darker shade than that one. Also, if I looked very closely, I did see just a little creasing in the lines on my lower lips, but it was minimal and with this color it didn’t show at all from even a foot away. I may need to go buy more of these rather than the KVD Liquid Lipsticks, because I have to say - I think I like this formula better!
corie c.
Reno, NV
Review for: TBT more...
Beginning this review by stating that I love all things Tarte and am a loyal purchaser of their products. I bought this Creamy Matte lip paint during an Ulta sale because I was very interested in trying a new lipstick variation from the brand. This lipstick was not my favorite. The color applies evenly and is highly pigmented. I love the 'creamy' application of this product. However, it doesn't dry quickly, in fact for me, it took about 10 minutes for this color to fully dry and no longer leave a residue. Personally, in a matte lipstick, I want something to dry a little quicker, but this may not be an issue for others. In the future, I will not purchase another Creamy Matte Lip Paint, but instead will stick with my favorite from Tarte, the Quick Dry Matte lips paint, instead.
Libby J.
Atlanta
Review for: Namaste more...
I love all of Tarte's products. I have yet to try any of their products and be disappointed. This lip stain does not disappoint! I am very picky when it comes to lip stains because my lips are always chapped and dry. Lip stains can easily make dry & chapped lips a million times worse, however, this lip stain is no problem. The consistency is very creamy and lush. I love the variety of shades to choose from. I typically try to stay towards dark mauve-y or taupe, neutral and natural shades and then add another shade of lipstick on top. I love the color namaste. Very pretty and subtle. I would definitely recommend this lip stain. The price is great for the amount of product you are getting and the product lasts a long time because you only need a small amount because the formula is so creamy and smooth, that it is super easy to work with and has great staying power.
Angel S.
Las Vegas , NV
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Jessica l.
Allison H.
Columbia, MO
Do you think it's easy to apply
Brittany W.