BY TARTE #2 in Lip Stain

• This isnt a question more of a PSA. I keep seeing people post on ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Phia M.
Memphis, TN
Review for: Selfish more...
Okay I'm a huge fan of this brand "Tarte" I'm 23 years old. I love that I have find my gem in Tarte and i just love them. Why you ask? Well I use the foundation and it's a great coverage for my age ladies because i do have some blemishes, Tarte definitely keeps my face looking and feeling youthful. The foundation stays on all day without replying even with no powder. Now i do have combination skin but still i have used Mac and others and it made my face really oil through out the day. Tarte foundation truly works like magic! Shape tape i can't say enough of this magic wand but thank thank thank you! It's the best by far concealer it doesn't crease in my winkles around my eyes AT ALL also long lasting yes ladies you know what I'm talking about it's so hard to find a concealer that truly works, you will be amazed!!just try it! Now to the Tarteist lip paint once again wow love it, yes it's matte which i love stays on very well i even ate lunch and my lips still looked good. I do use lip crayon with my lip paint. The color i purchased was lovespell and the liner magic wand. Beautiful formula! I'm one pleased customer
Mary S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: Other more...
I got this in the color Birthday Suit as part of my Sephora birthday gift last year, and I love it! Honestly, I wasn’t used to matte liquid lipsticks at the time, and I felt like it was too dry and shoved it in my drawer for a while. I just started using it again, and it’s perfect for springtime! I wear one thin layer of lip balm under it, and I paired it with my Beauty Bite The Lip Pencil in the shade 022 (rosey brown). It lasted very well throughout the day, didn’t dry out my lips, and was almost completely transfer-proof. I needed to touch it up a little after eating, and it layered really well. I had just a little lip goop in my lower lip by the end of the day, but it didn’t happen immediately the way it does with my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Ludwig. Maybe because this is a darker shade than that one. Also, if I looked very closely, I did see just a little creasing in the lines on my lower lips, but it was minimal and with this color it didn’t show at all from even a foot away. I may need to go buy more of these rather than the KVD Liquid Lipsticks, because I have to say - I think I like this formula better!
Olivia M.
St Petersburg, FL
I'm obsessed... I usually would never spend a lot of money on lipstick sore lip glosses because I feel like you can get pretty good quality ones for less than $10 at drugstores however getting a sample of the tarte matte lipstick changed my mind on my birthday from Sephora when I absolutely fell in love with it. It's such a forgivable formula and extremely easy application... Great for all size lips and textures and skin tones. I really love that I could layer it for a darker pigmented color and it wouldn't crumble or rub off or smear. It also never dried up my lips which I really hate from a lot of Matt stains and lipstick still make your lips feel extremely dry and uncomfortable and this never did that with me my lips always felt moisturized. Even when I was eating I didn't just come off in the middle like some lip stains would either all of it came off or it all stayed on and never was a little bit here or crumbly or Mess I really really really love this product and I really would recommend it.
Erika F.
Arlington , VA
Review for: Namaste more...
I received this sample for my birthday from Sephora ! I was so excited because I have tried similar tarte lip samples but the color are much darker ! However the formula for this one seemed very different ! It applied perfect no streaks and even coverage, which surprised me because I struggle with light colors ! I dried in less then 2 min or less !! I loved the way it looked and felt ! After an hour though it was really dry ! I did apply some Carmex before I applied it which keep my lips moistened for hours but my lips felt cracked ! This was my first time using it and I would like to give it another chance since I Love most things that are tarte ! I will say this the color itself is gorgeous especially for my skin tone ! I never saw myself wearing this but loved the way it looks !
Shasha S.
Review for: Hangry, Yaassss, Lovespell, Adorbs, Twerk, So Fetch, Manbun, Selfish, Fomo (mauve) more...
Brianna C.
Review for: Fomo (mauve), Other more...
The best matte lip product I’ve tried by far - and I’ve tried a million things looking for a product with this staying power. I have FOMO, Reign, Novel, Spice, and Delish. I will continue buying this product for as long as they make it. There is no transfer whatsoever - I can kiss my husband or my baby or drink wine with no marks and no touch ups. The only lip product I can wear out to a restaurant or bars without worrying about whether it’s wearing off weirdly or getting splotchy. Obsessed! tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Painttarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip PaintLimited Edition Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint
Nicole L.
Spanaway, WA
Review for: Fomo (mauve) more...
So I want to start with the fact that I use lipstick almost daily! Typically my go to is LipSense, that was until I tried tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint!! I am so over the moon with the fact at that you don’t put any gloss over it. It’s the creamiest matte I have ever tried! It really does dry fast!! By the time I’m done applying to my top lip, my bottom lip is already dry!! It stays perfectly for about 6-8 hours and then you can just apply another layer and not worry for a while longer! I work 12 hour shifts and my lips still look amazing by the time I get off! I just want to try all the colors! I would recommend this to anyone who wears lipstick! Do keep in mind that it is a matte lip paint, so it’s not like wearing lip gloss. Your lips will be dry to the touch (but not actually dried out lips)! I did get a tiny bit of transfer when drinking because my lips were wet from the beverage. I would not recommend that you make out while wearing this lipstick haha, It would get everywhere after a little bit! But a kiss is totally fine! I love mine and can’t wait to get more! Hope this helped with anyone looking!!
Jennifer G.
New haven , CT
tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint

This product is one of my go too's! However the reason I gave this product 4 stars is because of the price, this retails for $20 not including shipping/taxes, It's not very affordable but then again this brand is pretty luxury. This is my first time using tarte's lip paint. Aside from the price I loved it! I have the color "delish" which is a mauve-pink color, very natural. The lip stain is matte and feels like you have nothing on your lips, it also drys very quickly as well. I noticed I did not have to reapply again until like 4-5 hours in the day so it did hold up even through drinking and light snacks.
Jackie T.
Flossmoor, IL
picked this up in a set at Sephora, thinking I was actually buying a lighter color but mistakenly getting TBT.
I found this matte lipstick to not dry totally matte. It looks fairly matte, but the staying power and opacity isn't quite up to the same level as other matte lip products I've tried.
The color is natural medium rosy-mauve brown that doesn't pull too mauve on me, which is always a concern because mauve tends to wash me out. As I said, it is fairly opaque but not to the same degree as other mattes.
Because it stayed slightly wet it did not dry my lips out and was easy to touch up. Although the color is very flattering I am not 100% certain I will repurchase just because I have a hang up about mattes being totally matte and I felt like the color did fade within a couple hours.
Jessica S.
Garden Grove, CA
Review for: Other more...
I am reviewing a small sample of Birthday Suit, as received as Sephora's birthday gift. This was paired with a small compact of their Amazonian clay blush in Paaarty.

I had never used any products from Tarte prior to receiving the birthday freebies.

The lip paint has a slightly minty smell to it -- it threw me off a little but I suppose it's better than smelling like chemicals. It's thick and creamy and moisturizes, but this is bad if you're prone to chapped lips (like yours truly). The formula tends to settle and sink into every nook, cranny, and line in your lips, making them look ultra dry and chapped. I'm not sure if this is the case for all shades, but it definitely happened with this one.

Its creaminess makes it somewhat difficult to get a nice, precise line. I found myself trying to play cleanup along the edges with Q-tips and tissues. It really transfers when drinking and eating.

Now, the color itself appears to be a pinkish-tan-nude shade, but upon application, it didn't quite look the same as in the tube. I have fair skin and it actually looks really light on me. It's NOT flattering. I look like I'm not really wearing a lippie at all, which is okay if you're into that, I guess -- but I typically wear bolder colors. This shade is a no-go for me.

This lippie isn't the best nor is it the worst I've tried. I don't think I'll ever spend actual money on it, though. I'll stick to Colourpop and Sephora brand!
Angel S.
Las Vegas , NV
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Brittany W.
Denver, CO
Allison H.
Columbia, MO
Do you think it's easy to apply
Jenny L.
Does this stay on for 24 hours and is it sticky? Is it really dry?