BY TARTE #3 in Lip Stain

• This isnt a question more of a PSA. I keep seeing people ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Phia M.
Memphis, TN
Review for: Selfish more...
Okay I'm a huge fan of this brand "Tarte" I'm 23 years old. I love that I have find my gem in Tarte and i just love them. Why you ask? Well I use the foundation and it's a great coverage for my age ladies because i do have some blemishes, Tarte definitely keeps my face looking and feeling youthful. The foundation stays on all day without replying even with no powder. Now i do have combination skin but still i have used Mac and others and it made my face really oil through out the day. Tarte foundation truly works like magic! Shape tape i can't say enough of this magic wand but thank thank thank you! It's the best by far concealer it doesn't crease in my winkles around my eyes AT ALL also long lasting yes ladies you know what I'm talking about it's so hard to find a concealer that truly works, you will be amazed!!just try it! Now to the Tarteist lip paint once again wow love it, yes it's matte which i love stays on very well i even ate lunch and my lips still looked good. I do use lip crayon with my lip paint. The color i purchased was lovespell and the liner magic wand. Beautiful formula! I'm one pleased customer
Olivia M.
St Petersburg, FL
I'm obsessed... I usually would never spend a lot of money on lipstick sore lip glosses because I feel like you can get pretty good quality ones for less than $10 at drugstores however getting a sample of the tarte matte lipstick changed my mind on my birthday from Sephora when I absolutely fell in love with it. It's such a forgivable formula and extremely easy application... Great for all size lips and textures and skin tones. I really love that I could layer it for a darker pigmented color and it wouldn't crumble or rub off or smear. It also never dried up my lips which I really hate from a lot of Matt stains and lipstick still make your lips feel extremely dry and uncomfortable and this never did that with me my lips always felt moisturized. Even when I was eating I didn't just come off in the middle like some lip stains would either all of it came off or it all stayed on and never was a little bit here or crumbly or Mess I really really really love this product and I really would recommend it.
Erika F.
Arlington , VA
Review for: Namaste more...
I received this sample for my birthday from Sephora ! I was so excited because I have tried similar tarte lip samples but the color are much darker ! However the formula for this one seemed very different ! It applied perfect no streaks and even coverage, which surprised me because I struggle with light colors ! I dried in less then 2 min or less !! I loved the way it looked and felt ! After an hour though it was really dry ! I did apply some Carmex before I applied it which keep my lips moistened for hours but my lips felt cracked ! This was my first time using it and I would like to give it another chance since I Love most things that are tarte ! I will say this the color itself is gorgeous especially for my skin tone ! I never saw myself wearing this but loved the way it looks !
Alexandra J.
Sterling Heights
I got this during tarte's get 7 full size products for $63.00 and really like it. It's in the shade "festival" which is a cool mauve color a very wearable every day, every person color!
The formula feels really nice. It goes on smooth and the coverage is even. Only needed one coat. It dries down quickly and doesn't feel heavy or sticky. It did dry my lips out BUT all matte liquid lipsticks dry my lips out and I would say this was the least drying.

It stayed in place a good 5 hours of rough wear. Has the same applicator as the shape tape foundation and concealer which is nice but a little hard for precision. Overall a really nice product that I would definitely recommend!
Nicole L.
Spanaway, WA
Review for: Fomo (mauve) more...
So I want to start with the fact that I use lipstick almost daily! Typically my go to is LipSense, that was until I tried tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint!! I am so over the moon with the fact at that you don’t put any gloss over it. It’s the creamiest matte I have ever tried! It really does dry fast!! By the time I’m done applying to my top lip, my bottom lip is already dry!! It stays perfectly for about 6-8 hours and then you can just apply another layer and not worry for a while longer! I work 12 hour shifts and my lips still look amazing by the time I get off! I just want to try all the colors! I would recommend this to anyone who wears lipstick! Do keep in mind that it is a matte lip paint, so it’s not like wearing lip gloss. Your lips will be dry to the touch (but not actually dried out lips)! I did get a tiny bit of transfer when drinking because my lips were wet from the beverage. I would not recommend that you make out while wearing this lipstick haha, It would get everywhere after a little bit! But a kiss is totally fine! I love mine and can’t wait to get more! Hope this helped with anyone looking!!
Brianna C.
Review for: Fomo (mauve), Other more...
The best matte lip product I’ve tried by far - and I’ve tried a million things looking for a product with this staying power. I have FOMO, Reign, Novel, Spice, and Delish. I will continue buying this product for as long as they make it. There is no transfer whatsoever - I can kiss my husband or my baby or drink wine with no marks and no touch ups. The only lip product I can wear out to a restaurant or bars without worrying about whether it’s wearing off weirdly or getting splotchy. Obsessed! tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Painttarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip PaintLimited Edition Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint
Mary S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Review for: Other more...
I got this in the color Birthday Suit as part of my Sephora birthday gift last year, and I love it! Honestly, I wasn’t used to matte liquid lipsticks at the time, and I felt like it was too dry and shoved it in my drawer for a while. I just started using it again, and it’s perfect for springtime! I wear one thin layer of lip balm under it, and I paired it with my Beauty Bite The Lip Pencil in the shade 022 (rosey brown). It lasted very well throughout the day, didn’t dry out my lips, and was almost completely transfer-proof. I needed to touch it up a little after eating, and it layered really well. I had just a little lip goop in my lower lip by the end of the day, but it didn’t happen immediately the way it does with my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Ludwig. Maybe because this is a darker shade than that one. Also, if I looked very closely, I did see just a little creasing in the lines on my lower lips, but it was minimal and with this color it didn’t show at all from even a foot away. I may need to go buy more of these rather than the KVD Liquid Lipsticks, because I have to say - I think I like this formula better!
Jackie T.
Flossmoor, IL
picked this up in a set at Sephora, thinking I was actually buying a lighter color but mistakenly getting TBT.
I found this matte lipstick to not dry totally matte. It looks fairly matte, but the staying power and opacity isn't quite up to the same level as other matte lip products I've tried.
The color is natural medium rosy-mauve brown that doesn't pull too mauve on me, which is always a concern because mauve tends to wash me out. As I said, it is fairly opaque but not to the same degree as other mattes.
Because it stayed slightly wet it did not dry my lips out and was easy to touch up. Although the color is very flattering I am not 100% certain I will repurchase just because I have a hang up about mattes being totally matte and I felt like the color did fade within a couple hours.
corie c.
Sparks, NV
Review for: TBT more...
Beginning this review by stating that I love all things Tarte and am a loyal purchaser of their products. I bought this Creamy Matte lip paint during an Ulta sale because I was very interested in trying a new lipstick variation from the brand. This lipstick was not my favorite. The color applies evenly and is highly pigmented. I love the 'creamy' application of this product. However, it doesn't dry quickly, in fact for me, it took about 10 minutes for this color to fully dry and no longer leave a residue. Personally, in a matte lipstick, I want something to dry a little quicker, but this may not be an issue for others. In the future, I will not purchase another Creamy Matte Lip Paint, but instead will stick with my favorite from Tarte, the Quick Dry Matte lips paint, instead.
Libby J.
Atlanta
Review for: Namaste more...
I love all of Tarte's products. I have yet to try any of their products and be disappointed. This lip stain does not disappoint! I am very picky when it comes to lip stains because my lips are always chapped and dry. Lip stains can easily make dry & chapped lips a million times worse, however, this lip stain is no problem. The consistency is very creamy and lush. I love the variety of shades to choose from. I typically try to stay towards dark mauve-y or taupe, neutral and natural shades and then add another shade of lipstick on top. I love the color namaste. Very pretty and subtle. I would definitely recommend this lip stain. The price is great for the amount of product you are getting and the product lasts a long time because you only need a small amount because the formula is so creamy and smooth, that it is super easy to work with and has great staying power.
Angel S.
Las Vegas , NV
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Brittany W.
Denver, CO
Allison H.
Columbia, MO
Do you think it's easy to apply
Jenny L.
Does this stay on for 24 hours and is it sticky? Is it really dry?