tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint

How well does this stay on? Does it dry out your lips at all?
What’s the best color?
Does this lipstick make your lips very dry?
Start your review of tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint!
Product Highlights
“...little I decided for love spell. It's a dark shade of pink that when dries matte it looks almost red. Hey, I can't make the flip that quick. Which is why I love it! And yes it stays on for a while so definitely recommend this Tartiest lip paint! ” in reviews
“...Tarte did a great job. The formula takes a while for it to settle as a dry matte and it's not as drying as other liquid lipsticks. Feels so comfortable to wear all day. Easy to use and long lasting. In my opinion, TBT ended up being darker than how it looks in the tube, which I prefer, so I don't know if that applies to the other shades. Highly suggest trying out these lipsticks! What I am concerned and disappointed about is the packaging, having it for awhile now, I see that the top part of the tube starts to clump and occasionally there is an oily residue all around the outside of the tube that is escaping, the oil then gets everywhere else, so I hope Tarte fixes this because I know I am not the only one with this problem. ” in reviews
“...it leaves a nice tint that is just enough. The colors are amazing and long lasting. Prices seem reasonable for a product so amazing. I would recommend these to everyone.” in reviews
2,433 reviews
tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint uploaded by Jennifer G.
In the shade crop top .. I don't like this color at all it's a brown poop color ... like it's not soft on the lips but it is a matte finish when it dries down I got this an Ipsy Glam Bag plus and I wish I had a different color mayby mauve tone or a nude!! I feel like if I had a different shade I would have liked it a lot better but since it is this color I did Swatch it so I mean I can just pass it on to my friend or my mom but I do like tarte Cosmetics they have really nice products but the color wasn't my cup of tea
Pittsburgh
Review for: Yaassss
I love this and have very few negatives! I’ll start with the cons..... this specific shade does leave some staining on my lips. It also doesn’t dry down completely (which is also a pro) but due to that, there is some transfer with it.Now for the pros! Very pigmented. Soft, velvety formula. It doesn’t dry down and stays creamy so it doesn’t flake throughout the day. Even though it transfers, it is still long lasting and requires minimal touch up. The color selection is beautiful! There are a lot of amazing shades to choose from. Nudes, bolds, and everything in between. Price point is pretty standard for these types of brands and ultimately, I would say it is worth purchasing.
Haven, KS
Review for: Fomo (mauve)
I really like this lip paint. It goes on really creamy and has a velvety matte finish to it. It takes a little while to dry down but once it does dry down it stays put fairly well. I will say, even once it dries it’s not TOTALLY transfer proof if you’re rough on lipstick like I am, but it’s pretty dang good and even when it rubs off on things, the color tends to stay on the lip all day until you remove it. One thing that I personally like is that it has a mint scent to it but if you aren’t a fan of mint then that might be something that will bother you. As a whole, I really like this and plan on buying more colors.
Cleburne, TX
Review for: Fomo (mauve)
I will be honest I don’t like lipstick , that being said it is because I do not want to reapply lip stick all day and with the taste lip paint I can put it on and know I will not have to reapply , it is awesome if you hate your lipstick coming off .I lick my lips and I’m constantly drinking water so normal lipstick comes off with in a hour or so and I have super dry lips anyways so I’m more into gloss and hydrating cap stick. I will say this lip paint can be drying so hydrate your lips before and after wearing but in general it is a great lip paint with a wide range of colors and longevity is amazing!
Review for: Bae
I received a set of 5 mini Tarteist creamy matte lipsticks as a gift a couple of years back, and I am still using them! They are one of my favorite lip formulations because they have an initial velvet consistency and become matte quickly once applied. It is not as drying as other matte formulations and stays on for almost the entire day/event! I recently lost the mini red shade and had to immediately order the full size product in the shade Bae, which says a lot about how much I rely on this lip product!! I wear Bae almost every time I go out :) I highly recommend these!tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint
Anna Maria Island, FL
tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint uploaded by Jordan C.
Purchased at: Sephora
Yaassss. No really... That’s the name of the Tarte creamy matte lip paint I’m reviewing. Yaassss is a gorgeous lavender matte color & it’s so creamy. Literally it’s so moisturizing & doesn’t dry out my lips at all. For me, the color doesn’t last an entire day, but who cares if you need to reapply it. In my opinion, these are so comparable to the NYX soft matte lip creams that we all love!!!
Hawthorne, CA
I really enjoy the colors, natural matte finish, and the coverage! However i find the formula to be extreme drying and have to lather on a chapstick to prevent that cakey cracked feeling. This unfortunately can affect the longevity of the product. But honestly hasn't stopped me from purchasing the product because the colors are lovely and i can work around the downsides of the formula.
Aurora, CO
2,414 reviews
Review for: TBT
Absolute beauty in a cream lip paint. From the beginning I have been obsessed with Tarte's offerings of lip options. I can highly recommend these pigmented lip options that are extremely comfortable on the lips and stay relatively well for a non matte stay all day formula. Those are not comfy to me- so I choose the creamy comfy formats such as this for my lips!! 💋
tarte Tarteist™ Creamy Matte Lip Paint uploaded by Michelle K.
Review for: Fomo (mauve)
I love the shades in this range, but the formula is SO drying! If your lips are not super moisturized and scrubbed of all excess skin, you’ll end up with a crusty mess. And even when you are super prepped, it just sucks the life out of your lips. And if you eat or drink, it starts balling up and rolling off. Good colors, bad formula.
N Massapequa, NY
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Hangry
Overall not bad. But doesn’t stay on long, and I’m used to buxom’s full on lip cream which has a plumper in it (if anyone knows of a matte “painte” any brand, that has plumper it in please let me know!) but when first applied it looks pretty awesome. I’d tag the lashes but I have no idea which they are this pic is at least 3 yrs old.