BY TARTE #3 in Lip Stain

• This isnt a question more of a PSA. I keep seeing people post on ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Kristen M.
Review for: Other
Received this in Sephora’s 2017 free birthday gift but honestly I’m not that impressed. It’s a pretty nude color but there are definitely a lot of formulas out there that I prefer over this one. The cap was also pretty hard to unscrew but that could just be on the deluxe samples of Birthday Suit. It never really dries down and isn’t super drying which is good, but I’d rather save money and buy a better drugstore formula or splurge on something I really love.
Jessica S.
Garden Grove, CA
Review for: Other
I am reviewing a small sample of Birthday Suit, as received as Sephora's birthday gift. This was paired with a small compact of their Amazonian clay blush in Paaarty.

I had never used any products from Tarte prior to receiving the birthday freebies.

The lip paint has a slightly minty smell to it -- it threw me off a little but I suppose it's better than smelling like chemicals. It's thick and creamy and moisturizes, but this is bad if you're prone to chapped lips (like yours truly). The formula tends to settle and sink into every nook, cranny, and line in your lips, making them look ultra dry and chapped. I'm not sure if this is the case for all shades, but it definitely happened with this one.

Its creaminess makes it somewhat difficult to get a nice, precise line. I found myself trying to play cleanup along the edges with Q-tips and tissues. It really transfers when drinking and eating.

Now, the color itself appears to be a pinkish-tan-nude shade, but upon application, it didn't quite look the same as in the tube. I have fair skin and it actually looks really light on me. It's NOT flattering. I look like I'm not really wearing a lippie at all, which is okay if you're into that, I guess -- but I typically wear bolder colors. This shade is a no-go for me.

This lippie isn't the best nor is it the worst I've tried. I don't think I'll ever spend actual money on it, though. I'll stick to Colourpop and Sephora brand!
Connie S.
Richmond, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I enjoy a nice matte look on my lips. The hard part is finding one the won't dry out your lips completely and make you have to apply a coat of gloss over it anyway. I think Tarte does a good job with nice colors that don't smear or dry your lips out. Especially compared to the 100's of matte lipsticks on the market today. Nobody wants to spend a fortune trying to find that "perfect" one but I think Tarte does a great job compared to the competition
angel p.
Marcus Hook
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love all things Tarte! I have a few of the quick dry matte lip paints and I absolutely love all of them! My favorite color is “get it”! It goes with almost anything I wear. They run about $20 each but I think it is well worth it. It does not come off while eating or drinking, it doesn’t transfer onto other people when you kiss them, and if you smoke it doesn’t come off into your cigarette.
Kacy S.
Review for: Selfish
I got this lip paint in my annual Sephora birthday gift set. (It came with the round amazonian blush which I also loved) I was skeptical to try it at first because lip stuff never works on me. The only one I would end up wearing sometimes was the Kat Von D brand, and even it would crack and start to rub off after a while. Anyways, I decided to try it one day when I was getting ready for work. I bartend and work usually work about 6 hours at a time. IT LASTED MY ENTIRE SHIFT. I ate, I drank water, and it didn't fade or come off on anything I ate or drank. At the end of my shift it looked exactly like it did when I put it on. I did not reapply even once. Now it is the only lip product I will wear that isn't chap-stick. 10/10 recommend.
Darrian S.
Conroe, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this in the shade "Birthday Suit" as a birthday gift from Sephora and I'm in love. I dont normally like wearing lipstick because I dont like having to use lip liner or keep re-applying. This baby right here saves me the hassle. I don't wear lip liner with it but it definitely stays all day. It dries down pretty fast and is matte but not too matte to the point where your lips feel dry. Its also transfer resistant (just let it dry first)!
I love how creamy it is and the color is super cute. Its more of a dusty rose nude shade. Its really hard to find the full size though. Since it is a cream lip color a little goes a long way. I will definitely purchase once I actually find the full size.
Teagan P.
Little Rock, AR
Review for: Other
I love this lipstick! I have tried a lot of matte liquid lipsticks, but it’s a toss up on how well they’ll work. Sometimes no matter how well I exfoliate, they make my lips look dry. This product doesn’t at all! It’s also super easy to apply and holds up like a champ! As much as I love my Jeffree Starr liquid lip, this one is much more hydrating. I have never had it make my lips look dry or cracked. I have also used a small amount of lip balm over the top of it for good measure and it still does not budge. Although the Tarte lipstick takes longer to dry, that aspect makes it easier to fix mistakes if they happen. Let’s be real, everyone messes up an application once in a while and has to scramble to fix it.
francisca o.
san diego, CA
Review for: Frenemy
This is the perfect burgundy for anyone that has been looking and never found it. I have tried it once in store and fell in love. It dries in less than 5 seconds. It feels very comfortable on the lips. I will say that it can dry your lips so try applying chapstick before using this. I highly recommend this matte lipstick by tarte.
brittney p.
Orange Park, FL
Review for: Other
I got this product in my October boxy charm and it is easily the best matte lipstick I own. It didn’t budge when I have been drinking and eating. It lasts all day long and doesn’t crack. The color is so beautiful and I will honestly probably not buy any other matte lippie. Everyone has to try this product if they love matte lips and long lasting color. It’s $20 but totally worth that price.
Kerye H.
Review for: Fomo (mauve)
I find myself reaching for this lippie more than any other I own. It’s such a neutral color that it goes with almost any look. It’s super soft and doesn’t smudge. It has transferred onto mugs I drink out of, but not when I kiss my husband😜 I am a huge fan.
Allie M.
Toms River, NJ
Is this sticky ? I want to buy it but am afraid it will be sticky.
Angel S.
LAS VEGAS, NV
Brittany W.
Denver, CO
Jenny L.
Does this stay on for 24 hours and is it sticky? Is it really dry?
Alexa A.
Is this the one that you peel off?