BY TARTE #35 in Lipstick

A full coverage, transfer-proof liquid lipstick with a quick-dry matte finish.

• Concentrated mineral pigments: deliver rich, lip-soothing pigment while nourishing & softening skin

Product performance: Offers vibrant, opaque color with concentrated mineral pigments in a liquid-to-matte lip paint that dries instantly with no transferring. The featherlight Comfortflex formula means it moves with your lips without drying out, cracking or bleeding.

Bestie, Salty, Get It!, Homeslice, Rosé, Delish, Vibin, Fortune, Acid Wash Ingredients: Isododecane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, quaternium-90 bentonite, polypropylsilsesquioxane, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, nylon-12, polyethylene, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, propylene carbonate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, VP/hexadecene copolymer, triethyl citrate, silica, silica silylate, polybutene, phenoxyethanol. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), red 28 lake (CI 45410), red 6 (CI 15850), red 27 lake (CI 45410).

Killin' It Ingredients: Isododecane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, quaternium-90 bentonite, polypropylsilsesquioxane, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, nylon-12, polyethylene, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, propylene carbonate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, VP/hexadecene copolymer, triethyl citrate, silica, silica silylate, polybutene, phenoxyethanol, mica. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), red 33 lake (CI 17200), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), red 7 lake (CI 15850), red 28 lake (CI 45410), blue 1 lake (CI 42090).

Festival, Obsessed, Low Key, Exposed Og, Extra Ingredients: Isododecane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, quaternium-90 bentonite, polypropylsilsesquioxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, nylon-12, propylene carbonate, polyethylene, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, ascorbyl palmitate, mica, phenoxyethanol, polybutene, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, silica, silica silylate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, triethyl citrate, VP/hexadecene copolymer. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), red 28 lake (CI 45410), titanium dioxide (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). ME110LS000171

Buy on Sephora*
  • "I am not the biggest fan of liquid lipstick because I think my lips are abnormally dry, but with this formula it dries so quickly without taking the moisture out. I bought mine at Sephora during the VIB Rouge sale so for the price you can't beat it! Overall the pigmentation is great and it still feels a little creamy when it dries down so it won't give you that dry looking lip, and the color is that perfect nude that you can rock all season long" in 1716 reviews
  • "Really love this product. It is a long lasting matte lip paint that will not let you down! This is my first time purchasing this product & I have nothing bad to say about it! Would definitely buy again!" in 955 reviews
Katherine F.
Carrboro, NC
Review for: Front Row (deep mauve) more...
I got "Front Row" in my Oct 2017 Boxycharm. Although it is apparently described as a "deep mauve," it looks more like a light brick/burnt orange nude-y brown on me . Kind of like Smashbox Always On in "Out Loud," but less brown and more orange-y. I love these kinds of colors, and it is very season-appropriate.

The texture is thin, like the tarte Tarteist lip paints and the stila all-day liquid lipsticks (although creamier than the latter, if that makes sense), so I can apply in thin layers. I do need at least 2 full layers for full opacity. It fully dries down unless I don't remove the lip balm underneath.

I'm not sure if there's a specific name for the shape of the applicator, but it's like half the size of a doe foot with a little groove in the middle (like a "C" shape) where product accumulates (tarte's tarteist lip glosses also have this applicator). I wipe the applicator on the edge of the bottle because I think too much comes out initially, but the applicator's size makes it versatile and easy to stay within your lip lines.

I have chronically dry lips, and most liquid lipsticks are very challenging for me to wear at all, much less all day (around 10 hours). This is, hands-down, the most comfortable I have found thus far, although it IS drying and requires extensive lip prep (exfoliation & moisturizing), as well as touch ups (for me, re-moisturizing every few hours). Transfer is minimal, but increases throughout the day as I re-moisturize, which is not due to this product, obviously. Also can't wear this back-to-back days, but I can actually wear this all day if I really want to. Typically I'll only wear it a half day since it fades well on me - I don't get crackly lips or patchiness. Unlike the stila all-day liquid lipstick, Colourpop's ultramatte, and smashbox's Alway's On, this can be layered with vaseline/aquaphor, which is what works best for my dry lips.

In conclusion, I am still interested in trying out some other liquid lipstick options that I hear good things about (mostly Julep's and Dose of Color's), but I would buy this in other colors. Overall, I still prefer other kind of lip products since matte ones can be so drying and my lips already struggle so much, but this review reflects my experience in relation to other matte liquid lip products only.
April J.
Georgetown
Limited Edition Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint
I really love this formula. I cannot say that these have the most outrageous longevity but they do surprisingly hold up very well through eating/drinking etc. & are transfer proof for the most part. the sharply angled doe foot applicator on this formula makes application extremely easy to achieve. The formula does not feather, does not bleed & the pigment is very rich & one swipe
Usually does the job. I’ve never found that I have to layer these. In terms of comfortability I find that these are one of the most comfortable formulas I’ve ever worn. They are not overly drying & I often times forget I’m even wearing them. The formula feels very soft & very similar to a powder finish on the lips. I highly recommend this formula.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I have quite a few of these I am a big fan of Nude Matte shades so I like them a lot, but you can't wear them by themselves because you will look dead LOL they're very like some of them but if you pair them with an ice liner and gloss on top they're beautiful. They are dry so they will get all cracked after a little while. They really do have a beautiful selection of shades especially the nude shades you don't usually see a variety of nudes like this they did a great job with it my only complaint is that they are very drying they definitely do crack after a little while and give you that yucky cracked dry look after a little while so you have to reapply a lot, but if you don't mind that then they are beautiful. Couple of my favorites are salty and pillow talk.
Kayli N.
Ankeny
Review for: Wannabe (rich brown) more...
In all honesty, this lipstick is horrible. I picked up this shade and returned it the next day. I have tried other shades and they’re not as bad as this one but I found that this one in particular tends to wear off onto everything it touches. Want to kiss your partner? Well ya better be ready for them to wear your lipstick all night. Trying to drink anything? Pick one spot or you’ll have joker lips in no time from the transfer. The only reason this gets stars at all is because it IS comfortable and the scent is nice and I like other colors from this line but for God’s sake don’t bother with any of the darker colors. I will not be repurchasing any of these anytime soon unless they’re completely reformulated. Overall, disappointing.
Ali G.
Review for: Other more...
I got this lip paint in the color Choker, which is an orange-toned brown. I loved the color but the formula didn't seem to want to stay in place for more than an hour or two. Because it didn't seem like a long lasting lippie I usually put a gloss over it and for some reason I felt more comfortable with it that way. I would suggest this simply because of the color, but if you're looking for something long lasting go for a different brand.

Oh and for some reason the wand on this became disconnected from the cap? So now I can't even really use it. Anyway, here's a picture of what it looks like on.
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
Review for: Get It (apricot nude), Homeslice (peachy nude), Exposed, Bestie (deep nude), Low Key more...
Ugh. This is one of those products that I wish were better because 1. I love Tarte and 2. I've heard really good reviews. So I have tried several colors. I got one mini as a freebie at Sephora, others I've got as gifts in my Tarte sets, Boxycharm, and I even purchased one. They have all been drying and seem to settle on any crack on your lips. I have tried exfoliating beforehand, applying lip balm, but this formula really just sucks all the natural oils out of your lips and makes you look dry! :( Regardless I decided to still wear them because I love the colors so I put some clear lip gloss on top and that made it OK. I do like the applicator, the packaging, but it is not worth only wearing with lip gloss :/
Breeana S.
Review for: Delish (rosy mauve) more...
This was one of the first ever liquid lippies I have ever used. The formula has a creamy but thin consistency  & dries down to a matte finish. It is a true quick-drying formula as well.. VERY quick. So it's definitely true too its name. I have the color "Delish" & it compliments my light skin tone well. The only reason I'm knocking a star off is due to it drying out my lips. However, this is a matte formula that is also quick-drying so that is pretty much a given, imo. I just apply a balm underneath & that works well enough. I'm also not the biggest fan of the applicator. All in all, I think this is a great liquid lippie & I would consider buying more shades. :)
Angeline E.
Review for: Front Row (deep mauve) more...
I've been dying to try a liquid lipstick, and since I already love Tarte lip stains and regular lipsticks, I decided to go with this as my first. I love the variety in colors and it really does dry quickly. Not too drying at all, and it stays on forever, and I am constantly drinking water/tea/coffee. I just have to get used to putting it on carefully since it does dry so fast (I'm more of the swipe it on in the car kind of girl). Front Row is a great everyday neutral on my skin tone, appropriate for work or downtime with the family. Definitely going to grab a few more colors of this!
Alex S.
CA
This is a great liquid lipstick formula, and definitely the most comfortable one I've found. Even though they dry down completely matte and transfer proof, I don't feel like they suck all the life out of my lips. Sure, they feel a bit dry after eight straight hours of wear, but what liquid lipstick doesn't do that? I find these to be very very longwearing, and I never have to fully reapply throughout the day. At the most, I have to touch up the inner rim or corners. Speaking of the inner rim, I haven't noticed this forming that nasty, white ring that some lippies cause, which is awesome! The formula, wear time, and colors are all great, and I think anyone who needs something that lasts all day should try these out.
Jacki T.
Review for: Acid Wash (black cherry), Festival, Exposed, Sis (warm brown), Salty (pinky nude), Bestie (deep nude) more...
This product was one of my first liquid lipstick formulas I had ever tried and I love them!

They have come a long way from their first tartiest lip paints!

These are very long wearing, kiss proof and pretty much transfer proof when eating or drinking.

My favorite shade of all time is tarte Tarteist™ Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in shade festival! It is such a gorgeous dusty rose color. It is one that I always carry with me, I am lost without it. This color compliments many eye looks but I typically wear it when I have a neutral eye.

The formula can be a little drying but with proper lip prep, these babies are comfortable and long lasting.
Amethyst R.
Voorhees, NJ
I have been dying to purchase these, but i'm hesitant because i've heard mixed reviews about them. Some say they are too dry, and some say they don't dry enough. Help!
is it really worth $20 for one tube?
Shoba R.
Is this lip stick the sticky type or it is smooth on application??
Sara S.
Sterling Hts, MI
How long wearing is this product? I tried it on in the shade Festival in store and fell in love but wasn't sure if the longevity was the same as other similar matte lipsticks.
Kaitlyn M.
Newtown Sq, PA
Are these worth the price?? I'm loving the colors