BY TARTE #7 in Eyeshadow Palettes

A pro-level, everyday eyeshadow palette with 20 ultra-pigmented shades powered by naturally-derived ingredients.

Includes 20 eyeshadows:

• Classic (cream)
  • Innocent (soft peach)
  • Whimsy (brick)
  • Smoked (dark brown)
  • Ethereal (bronze)
  • Vintage (ivory)
  • Fierce (cool plum)
  • No filter (purple mauve)
  • Vamp (deep plum)
  • Glam (champagne)
  • Chic (pale pink)
  • Profesh (taupe)
  • Mod (deep cherry)
  • Drama (maroon)
  • Minx (shimmering mauve)
  • Indie (greige)
  • Bold (light brown)
  • Edgy (chocolate)
  • Punk (black)
  • Trendy (prismatic teal)

Classic Ingredients: Mica, talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Innocent Ingredients: Talc, mica, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Whimsy Ingredients: Mica, talc, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Smoked Ingredients: Talc, mica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Ethereal Ingredients: Mica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearyl dimethicone, boron nitride, zinc stearate, talc, silica, octadecene, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), copper powder (CI 77400), bronze powder (CI 77400), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491).

Vintage Ingredients: Talc, mica, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ultramarines (CI 77007), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163).

Fierce Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

No Filter Ingredients: Mica, talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), ultramarines (CI 77007), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Vamp Ingredients: Talc, mica, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007).

Glam Ingredients: Mica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearyl dimethicone, boron nitride, talc, zinc stearate, octadecene, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, silica, sodium dehydroacetate, tin oxide, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), copper powder (CI 77400), iron oxides (CI 77491).

Chic Ingredients: Mica, talc, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Profesh Ingredients: Mica, talc, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Mod Ingredients: Mica, talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), blue 1 lake (CI 42090).

Drama Ingredients: Silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, talc, ethylhexyl palmitate, mica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007).

Minx Ingredients: Mica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearyl dimethicone, boron nitride, talc, zinc stearate, silica, octadecene, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, copper powder (CI 77400), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Indie Ingredients: Mica, talc, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Edgy, Punk, Bold Ingredients: Talc, mica, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin. (+/-): Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Trendy Ingredients: Mica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearyl dimethicone, boron nitride, zinc stearate, talc, octadecene, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, silica, sodium dehydroacetate, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, vanillin, iron oxides (CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

• I've been wanting to try out a new eyeshadow pallet and was wonderi...25 Answers
  • Is this palette worth splurging on?7 Answers
  • Would love to try this.... is it worth it?4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Dale City, VA
I'm so in love with this palette it's not even funny. One thing that needs to be very clear is that I am ALL about shimmer, glitter, and vibrant colors. However, from the minute I saw this palette for the first time, I was eyeing it so much. I stopped and played with it in store a number of times and loved the smooth, buttery feel of the shadows but just couldn't bring myself to buy it because I don't use matte shades all the time (of course in my crease, etc. but usually I use something shimmery). Well, I received this as a gift finally after my boyfriend realized how much I was stopping to admire it and I am SO THRILLED to own this. The matte shades are AMAZING and SO PIGMENTED!! I use this palette all the time now to give myself an awesome crease before a use a glittery shadow. Also, I did a 100% matte eye for the first time with this palette and can't complain one bit. I will say that I have to play around with the shimmers a little more as I've only used 1 shimmer one time and it wasn't my favorite because it wasn't enough for me BUT I have to try the other 3. I would definitely recommend this palette!!
Christina V.
Christina V.
Brooklyn, NY
I am so in love with this palette. This pro-level everyday palette is highly pigmented and has naturally derived ingredients. The palette costs $53 for 0.70grams and comes with a total of 20 eyeshadows 16 mattes and 4 shimmery. The packaging is a nice and sleek combo of matte black and shiny gold and comes with a large mirror (large enough to do a full face) and most of the shadows are creamy, a few shades are a lttle dry, yet still perform well on the eye and last all day with a primer (I always use shadow primers, so it wouldn't be fair to test this without primer). Tarte took all the leg work out of creating easy looks by the way each row of shades are laid out. You could totally mix n match too, but for a quick, no think look, just stay in any row and voila! It also comes with an insert with a few looks for inspiration. I have no complaints about the shadows, my only complaint is the matte texture of the packaging gets dirty quickly with fingerprints, but has nothing to do with the
Alexis C.
Alexis C.
Lanoka Harbor, NJ
I received this palette as a gift for Christmas and I am just so in love 😍 this is my first ever high end palette. I've been using drugstore/affordable palettes for a while but it's about time I had an upgrade! I was very hesitant to go for this palette because I have seen quite a lot of mixed reviews, especially on YouTube. I think a few mattes are a bit of a miss especially the more plum/cranberry colors, they're a little bit patchy. For 16 matte shades though, it's pretty amazing! I love the texture of the mattes& I think they are very pigmented! It was kinda a miss for the "duo chrome" colors as I don't really see all of them as much of a duo colors besides the bottom shade. As far as the other 3 they're just really intense shimmers if you ask me. Regardless they are beautiful especially when wet. I can see why people more experienced with high end products might pass this palette up but it's a great investment for me personally to dip my toes into the high end side of things!
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
I mustered the courage to get this palette from Tarte despite the negative reviews. I did because of one very good review I read on sephora from a customer who compared it to other brand shadows. Long story short, I tried both mattes and shimmers, but the pigmentation of the look gets dull by mid-day. I can say I like the metallic shades but not the mattes. Also, some transition shades swatch different than what they look in the pan. t wish Tarte included more shimmery and creamy shades in this palette. There is fall-out in the mattes, but that is fine if not for the short wear time. Update: the mattes still have not given me a full day of wear (with regular primer & setting spray), when they blend their pigments get ashy and mixed up within hours of wear. I still have not been able to achieve a full day of my eye look (s), so I just don't think this palette has the best mattes unless one likes the clay, loose/ non-creamy formula.
Paige A.
Paige A.
Sherman oaks, CA
I had a Sephora gift card and figured i'd splurge on this palette. I've never tried Tarte shadow before, but figured it was the perfect time to try it. I really love the color choice in this palette and there's a nice variety of matte/shimmer/glitter. It's chock full of nudes and some beautiful pink/purples. I will say however, it took me awhile to get used to blending the colors. I really had to practice with my brushes as the formula is different than i'm used to. Still, i found that the effect was really comfortable and soft - perfect for any natural look. Definitely a good palette to use as your naturals go-to and easy to practice if you're a beginner. I wish the palette was a bit easier to open (i REALLY have to dig my nails into it to open the casing) but that's the only big downside. Overall, it's a great palette to have in your collection!
Jennifer V.
Jennifer V.
I love this palette and was confused by all the awful reviews on YouTube it was getting. While the trip to bora bora for some people to promote the palette left some people sour, I don't think it should reflect the product itself. The shadows are highly pigmented, soft, and very beautiful. There is going to be some kick up and fallout because it is clay, that always happens - just tap your brush and conceal/foundation last. The rows can be used horizontal in a look, I like how Tarte did that. Or you can pick from whichever row you'd like for your desired look. The key to these is a good primer. I found without one it can get a little muddy while blending and at the end of the day it was only slightly faded in color. But those were my only two "complaints." I adore this palette and I would buy it again.
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Stop reading this review, and go buy this palette. This is perhaps the most important makeup purchase I've made in the past four years, and I haven't used any other eyeshadows since it came in the mail. The mattes are creamy, and extremely blendable. The duochromes are beautifully pigmented, and very complimentary. All of the rows create looks, so if you're not the best at thinking up combinations, they've got you covered. The only shadow I'm not extremely pleased with is "Punk," which is the matte black. It is not the super dark, super pigmented black shadow that I was expecting, but it is buildable, and it does work well for eye looks. You truly don't need any other palettes if you've got this.
Kate S.
Kate S.
Ypsilanti, MI
I LOVE this palette!
I've been on the quest for a good matte palette. The shadows are nicely pigmented & most blend easily (a couple of the darker shades take a little extra blending work, but I've found the payout worth it). They are smooth & not chalky, as I've found some matte shadows to be.
The palette contains 16 matte shadows & 4 "duochrome" shimmers. The duochromes are AMAZING! They are incredibly pigmented, smooth & are a perfect companion to the matte shadows! The palette is set up in 4 rows of 5 shadows across. Each row works together to create an easy, coordinated look.
This is one of my favorite palettes & I find myself reaching for it often!
Mimi A.
Mimi A.
Ossining, NY
Let's start off with the packaging, I have to say it took my breath away. When I opened this palette in ulta it mentally made sense the matte colors all together and the metallics together. I really appreciate how they fool proofed the colors. I never bought a Tarte product until this palette now I want to buy everything Tarte has. The shadows are so pigmented, creamy, blend like a dream. When I think of this palette I know it's one of my top eyeshadow palettes. There is everything and more in this palette so many looks so many options. Also it smells so good almost like too faced chocolate palettes but not really its just good 😋
Tina D.
Tina D.
Los Angeles, CA
I'm pretty torn about this palette. I fell in love with the colors in store and ending up buying 2 or 3 as gifts for friends and family. I especially loved the green duo chrome shade in the bottom right corner, it was pretty pigmented and extremely creamy. However, when I was gifted one myself, I found that it was pretty difficult to work with. The colors are gorgeous, however I found myself feeling unsatisfied with how it was blending out and I had to remove it a couple of times and start over to end up with an end result I actually liked. The colors are beaautiful but the formula isn't the best and can end up looking muddy.
Alyssa T.
Alyssa T.
Daleville, IN
I've been wanting to try out a new eyeshadow pallet and was wondering if this pallet is worth the price?
brittney d.
brittney d.
How are the pigments with this shadow? I have a mini tarte eyeshadow with four brown/nude colors are the pigment is okay. Was just wondering if maybe these would be more pigmented.
Kiana H.
Kiana H.
A Sephora worker recommended this to me instead of the modern renaissance palette and I just want other opinions on which is better
sarah o.
sarah o.
Is this really worth all the hype?
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Kansas City, KS
I've had my eyes on this since they announced it and I still haven't gotten my hands on it. Are the mattes easy to blend and pigmented?