BY TARTE #18 in Lip Gloss

A lip gloss with the color payoff of a lipstick & the sexy sheen of a gloss.

• Concentrated mineral pigments: deliver rich, lip-soothing pigment while nourishing and softening skin

Product performance: Lacquers lips with vibrant color that glides on smoothly & wears weightlessly using concentrated mineral pigments in a non-sticky, conditioning serum. Natural skin soothers & conditioners smooth & treat lines & cracks, leaving lips soft, supple & nourished.

All Shades Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, octyldodecanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, water/aqua/eau, polybutene, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, diphenyl dimethicone, silica dimethyl silylate, ethylcellulose, jojoba esters, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed wax, stearic acid, ethylhexylglycerin, pentylene glycol, talc, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, acacia decurrens flower wax, polyglycerin-3, mica, polyurethane-56, sodium hyaluronate, phenoxyethanol. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), red 27 lake (CI 45410), red 6 (CI 15850).

Made in Italy.

• What do you guys think of this lipgloss? Its tarte Tartei...3 Answers
  • Is this product all natural?2 Answers
  • I love all my lip glosses. I'm trying to find a color tha...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I don't usually review to many products but I thought I'd take the time to do this one. I'm not a big fan of liquid lipsticks but I really love this one because it's not completely Matte. It gives it a nice glossy finish. Great job tarte! " in 314 reviews
  • "Let me just say... YASSSSS. I'm not a big lip gloss girl, but I was stoked to try this after loving their matte lip paint. This is a long lasting gloss and it makes me lips feel so hydrated. I bought my in Goals which to me is kind of a coral-y nude. Love it. Great color for fair skin! I can't wait to buy more of these bad boys!" in 191 reviews
  • "I love this gloss! I'm not usually a big gloss fan but this is almost like a hybrid of a very moisturizing lipstick and a gloss. It has a thick consistency but it's not sticky. And the pigmentation is awesome! It comes in several different shades also:)" in 64 reviews
Erica J.
Plymouth Meeting
Review for: Obvi (warm nude) more...
I got this on sale from #nordstromrack as part of the #tarte limited-edition #maneater makeover lash & lip set. I typically go for matte lips. This is a nice #gloss that is #comfortable with a good #shine. It's not super high shine, but it's also not tacky or greasy the way some glosses are. The formula is #creamy with a light wash of color. This came with the shade #obvi which is a warm #nude suitable for most complexions. It does #transfer so it won't last through eating, but it would look nice in a picture. I read that its #vegan and #dermatologisttested, which doesn't always influence my choices, but I know it does for others. I'm not sure I'd buy this on its own but I like to carry the trial size in my purse to use on #natural makeup days.
Kaitlyn M.
Austin, TX
Review for: Goals (rosy nude) more...
I love everything about this gloss except for the fact that it wears off pretty quickly. It doesn’t claim to be super long-lasting though, I just love the color and feel so much that I wish I could keep it on forever without having to reapply! I have a sampler size of Goals, which is a really cute peachy pink color (not exactly a rosy nude imo). The color is really like a paint, it looks beautiful and is super shiny. This is also one of few lip products that actually hydrates my lips—not as well as a lip balm, but I wouldn’t expect that from a lip color anyway. The gloss also has a pleasant smell, which I really appreciate. I’m super tempted to invest in the full-sized product because of how much I like this color and formula for everyday wear!
Giselle F.
Lombard, IL
Review for: Double Tap (cool mauve) more...
I got this back in April for a bachelorette.  When I first opened it I noticed the lip gloss applicator was blue. I didn't think anything of it even though I have only ever seen white or nude colored applicators. I used it to the first night and it was fine. I didn't use it again until September and I wore it all day by the end of the day my lips were blue. :( I emailed Tarte customer service and they kept giving me the run around telling me that MAY be normal. It was not normal. They wanted me to send it back and I would get an online credit without free shipping. I took it to ULTA where I bought it and they had me call customer service to get a copy of the receipt. They replaced it with a brand new one with a white applicator. it didn't matter that it had been so long. PRO TIPL: ULTA store keeps your receipt for I believe three months but you can always get copies of your other ones from their Customer Service at corporate emailed to you. Now I love the gloss, it stays well, and doesn't dye my lips any color. I got the double tap and I am very satisfied. - Just not too satisfied with Tarte CS!

Katie S.
Broken Arrow, OK
Review for: Snap (nude mauve) more...
Okay- this color is actually Sephora exclusive Birthday Suit. This is my favorite gloss! I get so many complements, it stains the lips even at the end of the day I have the color on. I love the matte type texture also. My only complaint is the lid broke relatively soon after I got it from screwing it on. I will be buying this again though and being more gentle when I put the lid back on 😉
Kailee B.
Greenville
Review for: Other more...
So I got the birthday gift from Sephora which came with one of these lip paints. Honestly these are really nice. Only reason I have it a 4 was because I prefer a matte lip because I hate getting my hair stuck in it. However this is a really nice product that requires very few touch ups. The formula is really nice and creamy, and I can normally cover both lips completely from one dip into the product. 10/10 would recommend for people that like a not fully matte look.
Megan G.
Review for: Obvi (warm nude) more...
I received this as a gift and admittedly am a bit disappointed in the color I received, but the formula is great. It has a nice, subtle smell, it goes on so smoothly and feels good on and it hangs in there. I wear it over darker shades because it's just so light but I'm sure that a darker shade would wear beautifully all on its own. This is the color Obvi.
Nicolette N.
I bought this in WCW, the color and pigment are gorgeous!!!! I do suggest moisturizing lips before hand. I haven't tried a Tarte product that I didn't like and this one didn't disappoint!
I bought this during Ulta's 21 days of beauty for half price. Next time I am definately stocking up on these, all of the colors are gorgeous and seem to be universally nice on all skintones!
Rana B.
Newton, Nj
Review for: Hella (white nude), Double Tap (cool mauve) more...
This wasn’t the greatest lip product. The color selection is very nice and and they are super soft and creamy. But the color is very subtle and sheer and doesn’t last very long. It is a nice tinted balm but not a nice high end lipstick which is what’s promoted. The collection also contains some matte shades, which I found hard to apply and don’t have the best color pay off.
Love X.
I actually got this from one of the Sephora favorite set (give me some bold lip) and wow it's super pigmented. The color is gorgeous and it stays on very long.

Another one of the tarte lip paints I got was from a birthday set from Sephora! I noticed I reach for it a lot and got plenty of compliments from it! Once I'm done with it I will most definitely get the full size!
Annalyse P.
Columbus, OH
Review for: Goals (rosy nude) more...
I really like the color of this product. That being said, it doesn’t last very long at all. Sadly, I had a retouch my lips after drinking, eating, and even just talking for a while. I kind of expected this though since it’s a gloss. But you should keep that in mind if you’re looking for something that’s going to last all day, because this product is not it.
Taylor H.
Are these pigmented or sticky?
Lindsay S.
Lincoln, CA
Does this lip paint dry the lips out? Also, does it last long? I'm thinking about getting it in the shade Goals.
maria c.
Los Banos, CA
Is this glossy lip paint sticky? Also is it long lasting?
Laura G.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
I just got this and I am wondering if the smell of this if supposed to be as horrible as it is, or if it is supposed to smell good? Thanks
Kimberly C.