BY TARTE #13 in Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Myschel B.
Buffalo, NY
I like that it provides the sunscreen protection I need but seeing I am a woman of color (African) I cannot wear just the sunscreen alone. It leaves a purplish-whitish cast to my face. Tarte isn't to blame. Any facial sunscreen with high levels of zinc oxide requires me to wear a bb cream or foundation on top to even out my facial color. If I am in a rush I will mix a pump into my foundation or bb cream and go about my day.
Bree N.
Chandler, IN
On top of not smelling like the average sunscreeb(which I love about it), a little goes a long way. I do make sure to put it on 30 minutes before applying makeup but it doesn't make my makeup runny or seem oily like others I've used. I do also put in on the rest of my body, and I like more than most drug store sun screens, because it doesn't leave a shiny cast over your skin. Over all I will be buying more when I run out.
Sammi T.
Canandaigua, NY
I have tried many sunscreen products over the years but this one is by far my favorite! I bought it at my local Sephora and it was definitely money well spent! For the first time using this product I'm impressed! Not only do I love the bottle and packaging but I love how it truly protects my skin. I also adore the scent. Smells great! I would definitely recommend this product to any one looking for an amazing sunscreen!
Nicole W.
Lunenburg, MA
Tarte is absolutely a high end brand for skin care, but if you are able to splurge, absolutely consider tarte cosmetics. I am not picky with sunscreen, but using this made me question my entire life. It was very lightweight, provided proper coverage, but it also didn't make my skin feel stick or like there was a residue left behind, like some other brands. It smells good, and feels good. Would absolutely purchase again.
Molly S.
Valley Vlg, CA
This is the first face sunscreen that doesn't make my ridiculously sensitive face breakout! I'm allergic to most products with sod in them and this non-chemical sunscreen has been a lifesaver. It's also a bit moisturizing which is a wonderful thing for a face sunscreen to have but I wouldn't replace my moisturizer with it. I like to put it on over my moisturizer and under my makeup whenever I know I'll be in the sun.
Nichole S.
Cleveland, OH
I purchased this about 3 weeks ago after reading reviews discussing how amazing it was. I had high expectations as people said it is not oily, smells great, doesn't break you out etc. Although I found it to in fact be oily on my skin, and I have oily skin to begin with so I was hoping for something less oily than regular sunscreen. On the plus, the smell is nice and it didn't break me out, but I will not repurchase.
Lisa L.
I received a sample of this to try. I wasn't that eager to use it and kind of brushed it off until one day I needed something to apply to protect my face. Well I loved the scent instantly. It was light and fresh and definitely good for a summer day. I tried it and I was pleasantly surprised with how light the formula was! It didn't make me feel like I was suffocating like most sunscreens do. Definitely worth buying!
Adrienne W.
Leesport, PA
I bought this in a full size from the Tarte website. It has super cute packaging; glass bottle covered in purple silicone with orange text. It is a super pricey sunscreen, but it did meet my expectations. I recommend this highly for everyday use under makeup or alone! I'm hoping to find a more cost effective alternative, because I love this so much but $32 is a lot for a bottle of sunscreen I can cup in one hand...
Christina Z.
I honestly wouldn't have bought this, but I received a sample and I'm glad I tried it because omg this stuff is amazing!
Tarte is a really good brand, everything they make is great, so I don't know why I would think any different of this... It's not sticky, but more of a very lightweight feeling which I love. It has great staying power and feels nice on.
It definitely does what it says it does.
I highly recommend!
Anea S.
Tucson, AZ
I'm so pleased with this product. It's completly natural and does not use parabens or any harsh chemicals. It protects my face and is not oily at all and is transparen't as soon as rubbed in. A trick I use some times I just put that on and then a duel finish powder, instead of foundation so I know my skin is protected and still looks nice. the only con is the smell is a bit strong, sort of perfume but I don't mind.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscreen as well?