BY TARTE #22 in Facial Sunscreen

• I would love to try this does it wear well under foundation?3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Annalyse P.
Columbus, OH
This product smells amazing, and I love the packaging, but I can’t justify spending this much on sunscreen that I can buy for a lot cheaper and get the same coverage. My skin isn’t sensitive, so I don’t have any breakouts when using normal sunscreen on my face.
Liz S.
Arlington Hts, IL
This is one of my favorite prep products, even if I'm not wearing makeup I still use it. I found the formula was a bit heavy for my liking if I use it on it's own, so I mix it with Elf primer and voila, I have a light, fluffy SPF base to get me though the day.
Britani C.
Broken Arrow, OK
Lightweight and perfect for protection under makeup. I use this under my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (also spf 30) in the warmer months for added protection. I’m all about that skincare and Tarte has amazing products. I really want to try their knockout treatment!
Sam S.
San antonio, TX
As a fair skinned gal, I feel that this lotion could use some more SPF, especially given that it’s for protecting the face. Overall it didn’t make my skin feel too greasy after use, however it’s still not my favorite. I definitely still love this brand though!
Kristina G.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
I'm skeptical when I hear chemical free and amazing. Usually it has huge hype but ends up being greasy. I wear contacts and live in sunny California so picking a sunblock that won't blind me with stinging pain in the eyes is important. This product goes on greasy at first but that goes away and it leaves no joker mask white residue either. I hate the chemical smell because I quickly worry others will smell that on me all day. Luckily it does have a nice scent that isn't chemical toxic based. Overall I'm highly impressed.
Taylor R.
atlanta, ga
This stuff is awesome for facial sunscreen! I love everything from the cute summery packaging to the light, airy sent of summer! I've heard of people wearing it as a 2-in-1 for sunscreen AND moisturizer underneath their makeup. Definitely a fabulous product
Samantha G.
Bradenton, FL
Doesn’t leave a thick gooey mess on my skin and it doesn’t break me out because my skin is so sensitive, so I generally really enjoy this for everyday wear. I wouldn’t suggest it if you are going to really be exposing yourself for a long period of time though.
Alyssa V.
United States
I have oily, dehydrated skin and for me this looked way to shiny. I usually like a bit of a glow but it the areas I usually collect oil I looked oily immediately. I think this would work better for someone with true dry skin but it was a definite no for me.
Anna R.
Columbia , SC
I really like this product in the summer. I’m not a fan of wearing this one under makeup because it is more oily on my skin. I like to put this on my face, neck, and upper body when I’m going to be outside and I’m not wearing a full face of make up though.
Rachel T.
I have very acne prone and oily skin, and this sunscreen is the only sunscreen I have found that does not break me out. In order to avoid feeling heavy, you need to really massage this into your face, but then it completely sinks in. I take away a star because on my oily skin, especially in the summer (which is when I would use this most often), it makes me pretty shiny, and my makeup does not last as long. But for going to the beach, on a jog, or on no makeup days, this is the only sunscreen I'll reach for.
ROSA M.
San Antonio, TX
Nadia C.
Oakville, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?