BY TARTE #13 in Sunscreen

• Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscre...6 Answers
  • Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Viola C.
I really liked the smell of this and I am one of those who hate the scent of sunscreen. This smells almost fruity. I work outside in the sun and my coworkers would purposely forget their sunscreen so they could scoop mine. The container is pretty cool too, the silicone wrap around the glass bottle made it so you could throw it in a purse or backpack and not worry about it breaking.
Claudia C.
As someone who's allergic to majority of sunscreens (allergic as in hives) I can't touch chemical sunscreens at all so natural is the only way to go. I was excited when this first released and loved it when I was using it although I did find it quite greasy but it's something I'm okay with getting used to for sun protection and no hives. It was also hydrating which my sensitive skin also needs. It was great for a long while but then I started developing a small reaction to it from consecutive use so now onto the next one.
Christina M.
Toronto, ON
I have extremely sensitive skin and I found that this didn't break me out like other sunscreens do. It has a white cast when first applied but goes away when blended into your skin. It looks great under makeup however it makes my skin look super oily after a few hours. I wouldn't repurchase this because I don't think that it is worth the price for a sunscreen
Christine B.
Kitchener, ON
Full disclosure. I love Tarte! However, I have never considered trying their sunscreen before, mainly because of price. I was lucky enough to receive a full size bottle in one of my subscription boxes, and I fell in love! I use it on my face prior to moisturizing and priming, and it works so well. It is not oily, and blends into my skin effortlessly. I use it sparingly because I don't wAnt to run out! My only issue is the price point. I'm not sure I love it enough to spend the $$$ on it!!
Brittany I.
Pickering, ON
So I don't have much to say about this product because I just started using it, maybe only have been using it for a month now. But it's not too bad sits well on my face and I have sensitive skin, or under makeup not too greasy. But I was a bit disappointed when watching reviews about it and everyone was saying it doesn't smell like sunscreen. It kinda does but that doesn't bother me much it's not a big deal. Other then that it's a pretty good product and I think it does it's job.
Lauren M.
Maple Grove, MN
blends in easily, natural, non-greasy
I have oily skin that's prone to break outs but this sun screen didn't cause any problems.
You'll see it mentioned a lot that this product is shiny, and it is. But it's not the "cheap" shiny that you get with other sun screens, nor is it an oily shiny. It looks more radiant than anything. Also, the shine actually does go away - it just takes a little while.
Melissa O.
Currently, this is my go to facial sunscreen! I love Tarte for their natural ingredients and cruelty free status. This lotion applies nicely and lasts forever because you really don't need a ton since it spreads so well. It can feel a big greasy like traditional sun screen at first, but if you give it a few minutes to soak in then it feels fine. I've never broken out from this, either! tarte tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Maria D.
Philadelphia, PA
I really liked this SPF. I have a hard time finding products that contain spf that don't break me out. This formula worked like a dream and kept me bump free while protecting my skin. Tarte is always a brand I can rely on to be safe for my skin while still delivering. This is a great summer but and I recommend it.
Krystal F.
Toronto, ON
I love the stuff. I brought it on vacation with me to Panama and it was a lifesaver. I got a really bad sunburn on my face. After that religiously use the stuff and my face healed up really nicely. There was no more damage and best of all this didn't clog my pores like other sunscreens do. It's perfect to use on your face and comes in a cute bottle. I definitely recommend this to anybody willing to splurge a little on there sunscreen
N V.
I have tried numerous of SPF products, but I have to say, nothing compares to this! It's the best SPF out there, it isn't drying, doesn't have a weird sticky texture and my skin feels great, protected and it sits great under make up. This was literally my go to when I was traveling in Asia. I used this mainly on my face. Needless to say, I came back with an untanned face and a great tan all over my body. Great spf, you must try it if you haven't!
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscreen as well?