BY TARTE #13 in Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Zoë M.
indianapolis, IN
Really good product. I love everything Tarte makes and love this sun screen
Jessica B.
Marietta, GA
My sisters lives this but I haven't had a. Ha creased to try it. It will be my next purchase.
Georgia D.
I'm currently on holiday and the Tarteguard sunscreen lotion has been my main go-to facial moisturizer/sun protection, mainly as I have it in a sample size - perfect for travel. It has lovely packaging, as I love the purple and gold bottle with peachy accents. Despite it being my first time, I can honestly say it's a lovely product however I do find it to be not very much different from other facial suncreams? It has the usual typical suncream smell, along with a pale white/yellow colour therefore I don't really see anything amazing other than it being an overpriced version of what you can get at your local shop. Yes, it has good ingredients included but it dries pretty matte therefore I don't think people with dry skin would benefit.
Stephanie H.
Let me start off by saying that I am a high end junkie. I have at least 3 trips to Sephora and Nordstrom for beauty products every month depending on my clientele. I thought I'd try this, since I had never tried a high end sunscreen before. I'm glad I got the travel size. I went to a theme park for the day, and used this. It was 94 degrees and sunny af! I only reapplied once about halfway through the day. It wasn't oily and dried fine. The smell was nice and a little goes far. I did like that I could pat some on over my makeup without messing it up.
But, it's just sunscreen and doesn't offer any incredible benefits that drugstore brands like Neutrogena doesn't. I will use what I have then go back to a drugstore brand.
Hannah H.
Akron, OH
I have very sensitive skin and a pale complexion. I am not usual one to buy big brand name items but this was recommended to me by a friend who also loved the product. It left my skin soft after application and for the most part protected my pale skin from the sun. My only complaint about this product is that it is not water proof which can be a major down fall if you're going In and out of the water. I found myself having to reaply this sun screen multiple times a day. Other than that it's a great product for those with pale completions.
Megan W.
This is excellent, and really works! I am very pale, and burn easily. I bought some good quality suntan lotions a couple of years ago (they last 3 years), but soon realised that the factors 20 and 30 that I bought, weren't strong enough. This stuff is....I have even put it to the test on certain areas of my back (bra strap lines), and it's protected them completely. The sprayer is good, it's only lightly perfumed, and it comes out white, so you can initially, even see where you have put it. It also protects from both UVA and UVB rays.
Tara T.
Vancouver
First of all, I honestly have to admit that I am a sucker for Tarte. All of their products are so amazing and it is reassuring to know that their ingredients are natural and they don't test on animals. This sunscreen is different than most in the sense that it is natural and smells great. It doesn't have that typical chemically suncreen smell that almost all of them do. Additionally, it doesn't leave you with that sticky and greasy feeling. This is the only suncreen I use now, and the packaging is super cute. Would highly recommend.
Abygail B.
Boucherville, QC
Eye burning is my biggest challenge with any product containing SPF and the Tarte 12 hour primer has always worked great for me with no eye stinging. I actually started using it just when I needed sunblock, but wasting make-up to go to the beach seemed kinda wasteful. So happy to see just the sunblock! i love it. no eye burn. The only thing that keeps me from giving it 5 stars is that soemtimes i don't think it rubs in completely clear. It is a tiny little white..... I love it anyways......
Jillian G.
Brantford, ON
I'm obsessed with this sunscreen. I've tried a few different facial sunscreens, and a couple by skincare brands, but this one is my favorite by far. It is a bit pricey, but sun protection is so worth it. I love that I can just put it on over top of my makeup and it doesn't smudge it around or anything.

FOR ANYONE READING THIS: Please don't mix this in with moisturizer or any other products. The more you dilute the product, the more you dilute the SPF. Just apply it directly.
anewxa a.
I received this as a sample with my purchase of another product..At first I didn't like it then realised I was moisturizing my skin before applying this which made my face look n feel greasy..this is a lotion so most skin types don't need to moisturize before applying this. I like it for everyday and will consider purchasing a full size soon after my current sunscreen runs out. The scent is not bothersome but is evident upon application..I did not have any breakouts using this.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscreen as well?