BY TARTE #18 in Facial Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Lindsey M.
Mokena , IL
I like this product although the price is a little high for me. I would’ve recommend other tarts products over this particular one. However the scent is great and it leaves your skin feeling very moisturized and soft.
🥀 B.
Chicago
I love this product! Definitely a holy grail! Must need go buy now ! It even brings a glow too your skin well this is just my skin experience everyone is different but I really loved it and recommend it to my friends
Amanda W.
Hemlock, MI
I used this and the fact that it has spf in it is just a plus! I love the moisture level and the scent. I really enjoy it in the summer and wearing small amounts under my makeup. Would recommend to a friend or family.
Abby B.
Hobbs, NM
This is freaking awesome! It’s one of my absolute faves especially since as a pale girl I️ burn so easily! I️ wore this all summer when I️ was pregnant and it was the first summer that I️ had absolutely no sunburn!!!
Amanda T.
Okemos, MI
It is a very watery liquid texture. Not sticky when apply to skin. It also does not leave the white residue after applied to the face. The price of it is good for the amount that you get. Doesn’t have a string smell either
Lauren F.
I love this sun screen. Smells great. Absorbs quickly. Isn't greasy. But at the end of the day, I can find another effective product at a more palatable price. If and when I splurge, I'd purchase this in a heartbeat.
Rose S.
I use this on days when my primer and foundation don’t have an spf. It wears under makeup well. The scent upon initial application is strong but quickly dissipates. so may be a point of consideration for those with sensitive noses
Gladyeliz C.
Methuen, MA
Try a sample of this first. I'm so glad I did because I would've regretted the purchase. I LOVE my setting powder by Tarte -- so much more natural-looking than any other brand and a beautiful feel on the finish -- but something about this particular product doesn't work for me. ESPECIALLY under makeup. As far as sunscreens go, it's great that Tarteguard is non-chemical. It's also true that it is non-greasy. Nor did I get a burning sensation with this, like I do with other sunscreens. On the downside, here are the biggest issues I have with it: - sticky. I figured I could get used to this, but, yes, this feels sticky on my skin for quite a while after I apply it. That's not an ideal kind of texture, but I'd probably not mind that factor so much if it weren't for the other cons, which are. . . - doesn't work under my makeup at all: I let this dry and become less sticky before applying primer and all the rest, but somehow (and I find this amazing), several hours later, I will start to notice chalky spots on my face where my makeup suddenly looks ashy and unblended. I did NOT have this problem prior to this sunscreen. It almost seems like, as this product wears off, something funky happens with the way it interacts with my makeup. Not pleased. - chalky-looking: this could just be a "me" thing, as I have this problem with mineral makeups too; they take on a silvery sheen on my skin and not only discolor me but age me TERRIBLY. Tarteguard does a similar thing, unfortunately -- I look chalky and suddenly older (e.g., unevenness to my coloring). That said, I don't think it's just a "me" thing because other natural sunscreens tend to look chalky on me too and don't blend as well. If you have golden undertones, the chalkiness will definitely clash with your coloring noticeably. No matter how fair your skin might already be. (I am super-pale to begin with, fyi.) Between this and the stickiness? Well, so much for the "moisturizing, brightening, and reinvigorating" properties and the "youthful appearance" they supposedly create. That's certainly not what happens on me, unfortunately. :( - pimples in places I don't normally break out: my nose got one new pimple per day in the first days that I was using my sample. My nose almost never breaks out. So that was discouraging. After a couple more days, my skin calmed down, but be forewarned that this product may take an adjustment period for your skin as well. Tarte is an awesome brand, and one of their products is a staple of mine. I thought I was going to love this too, truly. But I'll be sticking with another SPF moisturizer instead. If Tarte reformulates this product, I'd be happy to try again; I love the idea of a non-chemical sunscreen with moisturizing properties. Get a sample, see what it does for your skin and how it interacts with your makeup. If it works for you, great.
Carla M.
Manteo, NC
I like it, seems to work as it should. I’m a pretty big fan of tarte in general so my skin seems to work well with most of their products! I would recommend this and already do, I️ believe it’s priced fairly as well!
Perla G.
Brownsville , TX
This sunscreen is great!! It doesn’t clog pores and doesn’t cause breakouts. It helps stop skin damage without a greasy feeling. Definitely a go-to for a beach day. I recommend this if you like to spend time outdoors!!
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?