BY TARTE #11 in Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Angela L.
Saint Louis, MO
I tried this as part of the Sephora Sun Safety Kit. It's inoffensive, lightweight, and absorbs quickly with a dewy finish. Plays well with makeup - I didn't notice any difference in ease of application, appearance, or lasting time when I used this sunscreen vs. my typical sunscreen (Elta MD UV Clear) or no sunscreen at all. I will happily use up this sample but am not particularly inspired to buy the full size; if I see a good deal I'd be open to re-purchasing.
Casey C.
Cayce, SC
This does what it's supposed to, but I can't imagine paying full price for it. It's just a sunscreen. You can get much better facial sunscreens with more benefits and variety from Supergoop or any skincare line. Even the drugstore has some that that work just as well. Those sink into my skin better, too. I have the small sample size and the pump comes unscrewed when I use it. I love Tarte, but this will not be repurchased, solely due to the exorbitant price.
Michelle S.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
I love the sunscreen itself. It does an amazing job protecting skin from the sun and doesn't look cakey or heavy once makeup is applied over it. I have heard that a lot of people experienced a "white cast" after applying, but I have never had that issue. It's always blended out just fine. The only problem I have is with the pump. It can sometimes be difficult to get the product out, but I just unscrew the top and get the product out that way and it's fine.
Anastasia K.
Antelope, CA
Love it! I never get breakout! It works perfect for me, I usually mix it with serum and apply it before putting on my moisturizer. I love that tarte products are natural. They are pretty affordable, only 12 bucks at Sephora. It is not greasy at all and I really like that. I hate to feel grease on my face. The only complaint for me will be the smell of this product. It has very strong floral fragrance which holds for a while after applying this product.
Brinlee G.
Provo, UT
Overall, I liked this product. I like that it offers more UV protection than most facial products (which usually range from no sun protection to SPF 15), but the higher SPF means that it will show up in flash photography. However, for daily use away from the camera, this sunscreen is great, as it did not clog my pores or make me appear oily. However, I do not know if it really does anymore than a low-end (and less expensive) facial sunscreen would do.
member-28f0ac431
Atwater, CA
Tarte products are know for not having the harsh chemicals that may jeopardize your health. The tarte Tarteguard30 goes on lightly. And easily. A little product goes a long way. There is no heaviness and you can apply your makeup right over the sunscreen without feeling like the sunscreen is going to "grab" your make-up. The price is reasonable and because I'm limiting chemical exposure by using this product, I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Aimee H.
I was really disappointed with this product especially it being tarte. I thought that it would work well as a base before makeup to implement a safe guard against the sun on my face, but when applied it felt like glue stick as it dried. I was also disappointed with the smell as it seems they didn't even try to cover up the smell of the sunscreen. For the price, I would rather stick to a drugstore brand with a higher spf and one that masks the smell.
Juan M.
When it comes to skincare, if I feel like wearing sunscreen (my girlfriend makes me wear it sometimes) then I wear whatever we have around the house. She has this and it seems to work. I'm not picky with sunscreen or have any real preference as long as it does its job, they all pretty much smell similar to me. This wasn't bad, but didn't wow me. I just don't know what a wow factor would be in a sunscreen unless it protected me all day or something.
Noelle M.
Joliet, IL
I like that this is a natural sunscreen. I received a sample size of this in my Play! by Sephora box, otherwise I probably would have never tried it. I generally wear this alone on my face and neck, it's kind of liquidy so it's easy to distribute evenly. It never fully absorbs into my skin, but it isn't as greasy feeling as others I've tried. I'm not sure that I'll purchase the full sized of this, but if I caught it on sale I'd definitely consider.
Sydney R.
Newport News, VA
I cannot say enough about Tarte's Tarteguard! I am obsessed with this sunscreen. I never leave home without it and neither should anyone else! This sunscreen is so lightweight that if you choose to wear face make-up on top you don't feel like you're wearing a ton of product on your face. I have been using this now for a few months and on very heavy UV/sunny days and not once have I been sunburned! I will keep buying this as long as they sell it!
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?