BY TARTE #13 in Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Jessica A.
Elizabethtown, KY
I love all Tarte products! Great ingredients, great for your skin!! Most Tarte products come with a sunscreen built in so I don't feel the need to apply more under my makeup, unless I'm going to be outdoors. I never have to worry about breakouts with Tarte. I love the bottle, the smell, and packaging...the sunscreen is a bit "thick". I would say better suited for a moisturizer if you are considering this for everyday use. It really helps give foundation a dewy look, but I prefer a moisturizer that illuminates.
Kelli B.
Conway, AR
I have always avoided any time in the sun because I have fair skin and burn easily. This is the most incredible sunscreen I have ever used! It comes in a pretty purple bottle that has a pump on it, so you don't overuse and waste product. It has a great color and texture to it and did not break out my skin--big ++! I first received a sample of this from Sephora and then bought the bigger bottle. It did cost a little more than I usually pay for a sunscreen, but I have not used a Tarte product I didn't like!
Amanda S.
Susanville, CA
This is a nice sunscreen for when you are going to the pool or beach. I find it doesn't work for me under my foundation but I do add a pump of foundation to this to create a tinted sunscreen. It leaves quite a shiny finish on the skin that is typical of most foundations, this can be remedied with a bit of transulent powder. It does have a light scent but not that over powering coconut smell so many sunscreens have. Overall it's a nice sunscreen for your face and has never irritated my dry sensitive skin.
Melanie K.
Received a sample of this in a Play box and I'm eternally grateful. I work outdoors all day and get pretty sweaty. I had given up on wearing moisturizers and sunscreens because they simply wouldn't stay on long enough. I tried this out, and to my surprise it didn't roll off with the sweat, and the SPF really made the difference with my skin this summer. No weird spectacle tan lines and overall better complexion for those UV soaked summer months. Will be a staple in the skin care regimen from here on out.
christina k.
Staten Island, NY
I have insanely sensitive cheeks when it comes to sunscreen on my face. I tried for years and years trying everything from sensitive products to baby products, until I received a sample of this. It works great and it doesn't burn my face at all. I do wish they made this in a higher SPF bc I like wearing 50 on my face (and I still get super dark). The packaging is absolutely adorable & I love the pump. It's also pretty moisturizing without a white cast. Other than that my only negative is the price point.
Pamela C.
Woooo for this product! This literally gives you a healthy luminous look with only this product. It makes the skin look radiant, but is actually doing its job to protect you! The packaging is super adorable, with a vivid purple color to help you locate the bottle even when you may be extra tired in the mornings. The pump allows you to get just enough product without wasting a ton of it. It goes on light and doesn't seem like a lotion at all. Instead it feels more like serum or something of the sort.
Stephanie D.
Modesto , CA
This beautiful bottle of sunscreen smells so good! Tarte has the best skin care items in my opinion. The packaging is gorgeous, the quality and formula is amazing. You would swear this is a luxury product that costs over $50 easily but the full size is only $32. I think it's awesome that even in a free sample you get the same high quality packaging which is a purple glass bottle with a gold trim pump. I've received two of the $12 "sample" sizes for free. Definitely a summer must have for me!
Roxana G.
North Hollywood, CA
I really do love the feel of this sunscreen. It goes on super smooth, no streaks or trouble rubbing it in. The product is super lightweight and it does have a nice sheen to it. I love the packaging! I love all of Tarte's packaging for that matter. However, it is a little pricey for the size in my opinion. I got this as a sample and I would probably only buy this product to use as a face sunscreen. I know I lot of organic sunscreens in California that are half the price for twice the size!
Ariel S.
Oakland, MD
I never really thought about buying sunscreen for my face before until a friend of mine suggested the tarte sunscreen. I purchased mine at our local Ulta and decided to give it a try. The packaging was very nice and the scent was nice as well, not strong like most sunscreens. I put it on before my makeup routine. I found it left my face feeling a little greasy but once I rubbed it in a little more it went away. Probably won't purchase again though as I'm not really outside that much
Kelsey B.
Los angeles, CA
This sunscreen is amazing!! I'm very picky about favial sunscreens because most of the time I feel like they are too heavy and greasy and I hate that sunscreen smell. Tarte guard smells very light and kind of floral but not too overwhelming. I love that it's lightweight, contains antioxidants and is super hydrating. You can layer it under other products and it doesn't feel like you're wearing a million things. I highly recommend this!! And bonus points for the super cute packaging.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscreen as well?