BY TARTE #11 in Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Alice F.
Ann Arbor, MI
great smelling sunscreen/moisturizer combo. it doesn't smell like straight up sunscreen and the texture is more like a moisturizer rather than a thick sunscreen. This is a physical sunscreen, not chemical and it is rare to find these with a nice light texture. The packaging is glass covered with a silicone sleeve to protect it if it falls and I love it! The pump is handy and keeps everything clean. I give it 4* only because I have combo/oily skin and prefer something that is also slightly mattifying
Aiyana B.
I kept purchasing this only to be refunded from Sephora.com because it was always out of stock. FINALLY on the fourth try it arrived! I usually wear a ton of makeup but just this year I haven't been wearing hardly any makeup and after I got a really bad sunburn while I was pregnant, I did a lot of research and found this was the perfect face sunscreen for me! My skin is sensitive and can get pretty dry, so my biggest concern was if it would cause my skin to break out.. which it didn't! Yay! I purchased the larger size for I think 32$! Totally worth it. Not to mention skincare is so important!
Angie R.
Gilroy, CA
I really enjoy the spread I have a lot of really good make up for a bit but I really like this sunscreen because it's very nice and light and it doesn't mess around with my make up. This is my favorite soldier to use with my make up under or sometimes mixed it was like a BB cream. It's a very nice product it does it give you for protection to really high heat but if you just walking around outside it definitely does help.
CJ J.
Los Lunas, NM
I'm of the Graveyard Tan tribe, so I never go without sunscreen. Ever. I also have an allergy to the sun (called getting polymorphic light eruptions, for those curious), and I'll break out in an itchy rash if I'm not very careful. This sunscreen is thicker than I'd like for my face, but that's also probably why it works. I find it hard to apply makeup over it, but for the days I'm going to be out in the sun a lot, I'll usually forgo foundation anyway. I recently used it on a trip to Disney in Orlando, and while parts of me got a little toasty, my face did not.
Sara S.
Sachse, TX
First of all, I have worn this everyday all summer. It has really helped me stay protected from the sun. It has a slight smell, but it doesn't bother me. It absorbs nicely into the skin, and it doesn't break me out which is a miracle. I think this would work really well for those with dry or normal skin. However, I have oily skin and this does tend to make me look shiny after only a few hours. I do think it helps to wear a mattifying foundation and powder. Another con is that it seems to expire very quickly. Overall, I am quite happy with this product.
Rochelle F.
Richmond, VA
I received a deluxe sized sample of this tarte Tarteguard Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in a subscription beauty box and found that it absorbed really nicely, blended well under makeup, and had a light natural scent. It did leave my skin a little greasy (not bad), but I also didn't get burnt or any additional skin damage from sun exposure while using it, so that is great! I love the packaging as well.
skyler b.
Protect skin from harmful rays—even on-the-go—with tarte’s first multi-tasking, antioxidant-infused daily sunscreen. The lightweight, non-sticky liquid lotion contains all-mineral, non-chemical and broad spectrum SPF 30 ingredients that help protect against the sun’s damaging UVA/UVB rays that can cause dryness, redness, dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. Recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation for daily use, the skinvigorating™ formula is also infused with maracuja, red algae, soybean, apple, and honeysuckle extracts to nourish, tone, and retain moisture while helping to combat signs of aging for a firmer, brighter, smoother appearance. The fresh, ocean’s lily scent allows for luxurious, spa-like daily applications, while the high-performance liquid emulsion seamlessly melts into skin, leaving it supremely soft and silky.
Maddie H.
Burlington, VT
I got this as a little sample size in a Sephora's summer favorites box, and yikes, this sunscreen is most definitely not a favorite of mine. It feels super thick and greasy on the skin, and never fully sunk in. It left a white cast on my face and felt very oily. I was really hoping to like this sunscreen too :( I will continue to use the rest of this up on my ears and maybe on my body. But definitely not on my face! This would probably work better for someone with drier skin, but if you have oily, combination, or acne-prone skin this is a no no!
Emily O.
Seattle, WA
THE SMELL.  Oh my gosh, this SPF is so delicious (in smell)!  The texture is really amazing, and glides on the skin, not feeling sticky, slimy, or gritty.  The value is fantastic, as a little goes a long way.  I definitely would recommend to others.  The only downside is the packaging is a bit of an odd texture for me (but I have a strange thing with packaging textures, so I'm sure it wouldn't affect a "normal" person).   tarte tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Rebecca R.
What I do like about tartegaurd because it does its job without the sunscreen scent. I do wish it was a somehow thinner formula. It goes on nicely and spreads well but it is a bit thicker than I'd like. After it drys well, it is a bit tacky. I also can't use this on my face because it leaves a whitecast so I use it on my body. tarte tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?