BY TARTE #11 in Sunscreen

• Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscre...6 Answers
  • Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Bree N.
Tarteguard comes in a bright purple bottle containing 1.07 ounces for $32.

PROS:

1) Once it dries, it feels light on my combination skin. It wears well. During the day, it does not become heavy-feeling or greasy.

2) Relies purely on mineral sunscreens for sun protection, which are more tolerable on my sensitive skin. SPF 30 is sufficient for most days.

3) I wear this under my makeup, and it doesn't make my foundation look bad. This does not leave a white cast. (One of the sunscreens I tried from Shiseido made me look like a mime.)

4) The formula includes sodium hyaluronate, which has a subtle skin-smoothing effect.

5) Tarte made an effort to include some ingredients that are healthy for skin such as vitamin C, vitamin E, red algae, and Maracuja oil.

6) Has cute packaging with a pump.

CONS:

1) There's a lot of fragrance in this. Unfortunately I have sensitive skin and when companies put fragrance in their products, it's irritating to my skin. Sometimes it burns when I apply it.

2) The shiny finish isn't the best if you have oily skin. Dry skin might appreciate it.

I will probably not buy it again because of the fragrance. Otherwise it's a good sunscreen and might work for people who aren't as sensitive.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (3.36%), Zinc Oxide (4.13%).
Other Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diheptyl Succinate, Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate, Propanediol, Jojoba Esters, Glycerin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymetyhlsilsesquioxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenmalonate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Soybean Oil, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Citric Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Exract, Algae Extract, Pseudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate.
Lexi H.
Sylvania, OH
If you want to protect your skin from the sun and not feel super greasy, this product is great. It still smells like sunscreen, but it's light and does it's job.
Elizabeth B.
Hillsborough, NC
This SPF is super hydrating and I recommend it for days when you will be wearing minimal makeup. I use this when I am going to the beach or when I know that I am going to be outside for an extended period of time. I do not like to wear this product underneath of my makeup because it leaves my skin feeling pretty oily. I have normal to combination skin and this product is somewhat oily. Also, it can leave a white cast on the skin. When I plan to wear this with makeup, I make sure that I apply it to a freshly cleansed face and that I let my skin have adequate time to absorb the product. For daily wear underneath makeup, I prefer the Josie Maran SPF moisturizer. All in all though, I think this is a good product. Also, the packaging is very pretty.
Kristel H.
Sunny Isl Bch, FL
Thank God I know of it's existence because is in deed a very handy piece of product and quite wonderful! I got it as a gift with a purchase I made thru the Macy's online store and I couldn't be happier! I got the sample size so it's perfect to carry with me inside my purse. I dab some on before my makeup and it's perfect, super moisturizing and nourishing, my face feels fresh, hydrated and glowy thanks to this! I have combo skin but it works great on any skin type so I would absolutely recommend to give this a try, it will be super worth it👌

UPDATE*** July 11th, 2017
I love this sunblock so much I went on the online Sephora store and bought the full size. Awesome sunscreen
Stephanie P.
Washington, DC
I write this review with a caveat that I don't know how strong or protective this sunscreen actually is, as I haven't really tested it with a full day in the sun in the summer. I do like it as a basic sunscreen when I'm out running or out and about. It works well in the summer that way, and in the winter, I like that it is slightly more moisturizing than my typical water-like formulas (Shiseido sunscreen, le roche-posay, etc), and it works well under makeup. In the summer, it's a little too greasy to wear under makeup for me, so I just use it on beach days or when I'm not wearing face makeup. It goes on nicely, and doesn't irritate my skin. I bought a travel size originally, and will probably continue to keep buying the travel size for the winter if I can buy it on sale.
Makena H.
I love this sunscreen so much! It is a physical, rather than chemical, sunscreen, so it is more effective in protecting your skin from the sun. Unlike most sunscreens, it does not feel greasy, thick, or sticky, but instead feels lightweight and silky. I have acne-prone skin, so most drugstore sunscreens break me out, but this has never clogged my pores. It has a pleasant scent, does not irritate sensitive skin, and blends into the skin effortlessly without leaving it all white. It feels moisturizing and even brightening on all skin types and it also works beautifully under makeup! The only downsides are that it is expensive and it has to be reapplied frequently because it is not water-resistant or water-proof at all.
Vanessa D.
Katy
I received this as a gift and I didn't think I'd like it but I definitely turned that around then I started using it. It has a refreshing scent and doesn't feel you heavy under your makeup.
Crystal L.
Trenton , GA
I don't ever wear sunscreen I actually received this beautiful bottle of tarte sunscreen in one of my subscription boxes so that's the only reason why I had one other than that I would never have even tried it out but I actually needed it because my son had been in the sun for a holiday and we needed some sunscreen the smell was really good and the texture and coverage it was really great it wasn't overly slick and slimy and it wasn't really sticky or greasy u could even tell that it was a high dollar nice quality product because the coverage was great the smell was great and overall the product was great it worked and did the job it was supposed to he wasn't streaky and burned in some spots he was covered all day
Kulpreet D.
Riverbank, CA
I love Tarte because their products aren't full of harmful ingredients. I will wear this with a little bit of under-eye concealer and sometimes a bit of blush or bronzer and highlighter for no make-up days. I love this product because it evens out my skin tone, provides medium coverage and it doesn't feel like I have make-up on at all but my skin looks flawless. I use Tarte's airbrush foundation brush with it and it looks fabulous. Even if they don't have your exact skin tone, I have found that once it is properly blended in, it looks fabulous. I just squeeze some product onto the top of my hand and use the foundation brush to apply it. This product doesn't make my face oily or break me out and leaves my face with a matte finish all day (even without setting powder).
Fallon Z.
Florence, SC
I love this sunscreen, but i only gave it 3 stars bc its not oil free so i cant wear it on my face. I dont think it would go good under makeup either bc of the consistancy. Its the perfect amount of spf, its not really scented, & it absorbs into my shoulders and body real well, i just wish it could be used on face. Also i feel there are better options for cheaper. i have the full size, which i think is at least $25 and i wouldnt pay that for it. I got mine in my March Glossybox otherwise i would have purchased neutrogena or Hawaiian Tropic.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?