BY TARTE #22 in Facial Sunscreen

• I would love to try this does it wear well under foundation?3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Kelly S.
Van Nuys, CA
I love this sunscreen for using on myself and my daughter. We both have sensitive skin. I have used it on her face and body and on my body. It feels nice and doesn’t leave a white cast. My complaint is that I would like it much better if it was unscented since both my daughter and I have eczema so our skin is super sensitive. If you skin isn’t so finickyand you are not super scent sensitive I think this is a great option.
Zully M.
Homestead
I have dry, sensitive skin that almost often reacts negatively to chemical sunscreens and often to physical ones, too. In this respect, Tarteguard is fine - it does not irritate my skin, it doesn't hurt, it doesn't cause any negative reaction.  That's the high point. Does smell like a physical sunscreen, although it's not as bad as some others, and it doesn't turn me as opaquely white/milky as some do, either.  It is a little greasy (though not the greasiest I've tried) and while my dry skin can tolerate it, it doesn't work terribly well under makeup.
Taylor F.
Melbourne
This sunscreen is fine. It layers well under makeup and it doesn’t have a strong fragrance. I’m pretty fair so I don’t really notice any white cast on my face when I use this. I definitely feel like I have to use a lot of product t cover my whole face and neck. I would prefer to couple this product with a foundation that has spf in it on days I wear makeup.
Tone'Nae  B.
Overland Park, KS
I don't know how I want to feel about it. Like it was just confusing is this strictly a face screen or can I use it on my body? I'm assuming face because of the amount you get. However, it might be one of those a little goes a long way product, and I can see that because of the consistency. I am not a fan of the spraying nossle it's just inconvenient for everyone.
Vanessa E.
My favorite sunscreen this is the only sunscreen that doesn’t break me out or clog my pores. I have dry sensitive skin and most sunscreens break me out and leave my skin itchy and I hate the smell of most sunscreens, this particular sunscreen smells great and is safe for me to use everyday. Also the bottle has a rubbery texture that makes it easy to hold with slippery hands!!
Rose B.
Muncie, IN
I purchased mine at Sephora for around $30.. love pretty much every tarte product I have tried so far and this just might be my favorite. My skin tends to be dry, so while it sounds like others feel greasy after using this product, I feel like this gives my skin an awesome glow, is really lightweight, and doesn't break me out. I think it actually works as a great makeup primer on my skin and helps me start off with a fresh looking glow. If you really like matte skin or tend towards being oily, then you probably won't be a big fan.
Sammy S.
Little Rock, AR
It’s not greasy like other sunscreens! It’s also very moisturizing, especially for the face. It’s not a big SPF, but it protects your skin perfectly! During the summer if I forgot this stuff at home when I went to the beach, I would try to find the nearest sephora to buy another one. Other sunscreens just don’t compare to this one! Highly recommend!
Keri D.
I had a deluxe sample of this through a Play! by Sephora box. I’m trying to be more consistent about using sunscreen every day since I have fair skin and have already had some severe sunburns, so this being SPF 30 is instantly a huge plus. I like that it has a thinner, more liquid texture and spreads easily without leaving a white cast. Tarte also has a great formula that wears well under makeup without noticeable breaking down after a few hours. And I didn’t burn while using this even during the summer/early fall, which I was very happy about! The only major drawback is the price: $32 for 1.7 fl oz is a bit expensive for me considering this would be something I wear daily.
Ramya D.
Cincinnati, OH
This is one of my new favorite products especially for the transition from spring to summer. No matter what time of year it is always a good idea to wear sunscreen, however, most of us probably are not motivated to apply a greasy formula to our face that smells of coconuts and bananas all year round. This product is a great way of changing that. The packaging is beyond adorable and I like that it has a silicon cover on it, which would allow for a good grip if on the beach or by the pool. The only pitfall of it that I see thus far is the price, it's pretty pricey when it's possible to buy a facial moisturizer and sunscreen much cheaper at a drugstore. If we are being honest it is a glorified $32 sunscreen,
Bella W.
Marine City, MI
This is a really great facial sunscreen! It's not greasy on my combination skin, and makeup applies nicely over top of it. I dont notice it clogging my pores, and I always bring it on vacations to summer beach houses (in Northern Michigan) and winter cruises in the Caribbean! It works great in all different levels of UV, and never fails me.
ROSA M.
San Antonio, TX
Nadia C.
Oakville, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?