BY TARTE #19 in Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Laura W.
Corona Dl Mar, CA
Super oily and if you look at the ingredients the SPF coverage is actually really low. Pretty sure this irritated my skin too. I tried for 3 days and stopped because I really didn’t like it. Might be good for someone who doesn’t wear makeup though because you can’t tell it’s on your skin once it’s soaked in which is nice.
Kiara M.
Naugatuck, CT
I’ve been using this sunscreen for a few years now and I absolutely love it, I have used others but they don’t mount up to this one. It absorbs to my skin, it’s creamy, gives me a nice glow during the summer, and it does the job on protecting my face. I also love that it has a pump, a small amount goes a long way guys.
Aly W.
Texture is okay, lightweight but still very greasy. Product is not waterproof and left my face 50 shades of burnt, and also very shiny. Unfortunately this product also has a lot of fragrance that i was not a huge fan of. I thought it would mellow out as the day went on but it lingered and gave me quite a headache.
Nicole D.
Morristown
I got the smaller bottle just to see how i would like. I think it can be sticky but the smell is amazing and make up goes on nicely after applying it. This helps my face not become so red after sitting in the sun for quite some time and i would definitely recommend to friends but this didn’t really stand out to me.
Megan D.
Coral Springs, FL
I usually LOVE Tarte everything, but wasnt really a fan of this sunscreen. I thought it felt heavy and was difficult to blend in when applying. I only had a small sample size, so it was pretty hard to get a good judgement, but it would have to be for a really great price for me to purchase the full size version.
Kayla V.
Gahanna, OH
This product provides full protection to your face from the sun. If money weren’t an object, I would wear this daily in the summer months to protect the skin on my face, but I cannot justify the price for this product when there are other great products that give you full protection from the sun at a lower price.
PINK Society Life L.
Las Vegas, NV
Great face sunscreen and it did not make me break out. It only has a 4 Star ⭐️ because I felt like the bottle was hard to travel with (but I think they have a travel size too). It just feels a little like the packaging, although pretty and sleek, is not travel friendly and when you’re talking sunscreen you need to reapply throughout the day.
Andrea B.
Blacksburg, VA
This certainly did protect my skin while I spent the late morning and early afternoon at the beach, but that's probably the only place I can realistically see myself wearing it since it turned my face into an absolute oil slick. Even after a few hours of wear, it looked just as shiny as if I'd just applied it. I would NEVER wear this by itself or under makeup on a regular day going to work or running errands simply because it looks like I just slathered a generous amount of Vaseline on my face. I think I could only recommend this product if you have dry, sensitive skin and are looking for a mineral sunscreen that protects well to wear to the beach or pool by itself.
Jenn B.
Cochranville, PA
I love this sunscreen as a daily protection to wear under my makeup in the summer months. The SPF is high enough to adequately protect my skin without being super heavy. When you first put it on there is a tiny bit of a chalky residue but it sinks into the skin and makeup or BB/CC cream will glide right over it leaving you with a really fresh glowing face. I like the "dewy, natural skin" look, but if you really prefer a matte look you may find this too greasy or may want to apply a mineral foundation or powder over it. I first tried the product as a deluxe sample in the Sephora sun safety kit and liked it enough to purchase a full bottle once I ran out!
Olivia C.
CHICAGO, IL
This product felt nice when I put it on my skin and didn't have a noticeable fragrance. However, after wearing it outside on a hot sweaty day the sunscreen started to melt off my face and into my eyes. Walking home while squinting because you have sunscreen stinging your eyes is not a cute look. Sorry Tarte.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?