BY TARTE #13 in Sunscreen

• Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscre...6 Answers
  • Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Valerie G.
I really like this sunscreen. It is a little bit more expensive than a normal sunscreen but I personally think it's worth it. Most sunscreens are thick and feel heavy on my face this one I like so much because it's not heavy on my face. If you plan on wearing this sunscreen under your makeup then you will be fine it is super light weight. Most sunscreens are not light weight and to heavy and Freddy to wear under makeup in my opinion. The one thing I don't like about this sunscreen is that I would like it to have a higher spf but that's really the only that comes to mind that I don't like.
Amy Y.
I'm not a fan of this sunscreen at all. I received it as a sample from a subscription box, and it just really gets on my nerves. I think spf 30 is a bit low for daily use, if a product is specifically dedicated to being a sunscreen, why not make a spf 50? It's going to need to last the entire day. I found the formula to be overly greasy and sit on my skin instead of sinking in, and I don't enjoy trying to put makeup on over it. I'm using up the rest of it as a sunscreen for my body, but I would not repurchase, there are so many better options out there.
Michelle K.
Columbus, OH
Bought this during the friends and Family sale, it was a great purchase! It's a gentle sunscreen that I can use every morning and I love the way it makes my face feel. Instead of leaving a white cast and making my skin feel heavy, this sunscreen is more like a face oil so I'm more than willing to actually put it on. The smell is also pretty great and doesn't make it you smell like sunscreen, additionally two pumps is more than enough to cover my entire face and neck. Thanks tart for making a product that actually made me start to wear sunscreen daily!
Brianna F.
Duson, LA
Well, I wasn't surprised to see poor reviews here. I find it pretty useless as a mask. The ingredient list looks really good especially "urea" (natural moisturizing factor), "licorice root extract" (lightening agent and redness reducer) and "mushroom extract" (lightening agent and antioxidant) so I decided to give it another chance... I used it as an overnight moisturizer for a few days. My skin is noticeably smoothr and brighter!

I've been using it for a month now and I'm in love how my skin looks and feels. It's my holy grail PM moisturizer!
Tania P.
Sewaren, NJ
I love his sunscreen! I wish more brands found it important to provide an additional layer of protection to our skin! The packaging is so pretty on this product, it's the normal shape of the maracuja oil but in purple and has a silicone sleeve over it. I love that it has a pump and not a dropper. It blends in well on my skin. I usually use it under my foundation as a primer, I have not noticed any incompatible foundation issues with it. I have not tried it for flash back as I just won't where it on special occasions when I will be photographed.
Bri F.
San Antonio, TX
Yas Yas Yas. I bought the travel sized product originally and fell in love instantly. I had gone to a water park and normally my body doesn't really burn, but my face always turns bright red and it lasts for weeks after. I used this product before I went and first of all the consistency is so creamy and lightweight. It feels hydrating - but not oily. After putting it on I was able to go swimming and stay out in the sun; when I came home I didn't have flushed cheeks like I normally do. I am definitely keeping this in my beach bag this summer!
Hailey P.
Thibodaux, LA
I fell in love with this product after receiving it in my Sephora Play! Box! It's so lightweight and moisturizing. It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy like most other sunscreen brands. The packaging is a nice purple however it is glass, and will break if not properly handled. I would recommend being gentle with it. I used it on my face for a fishing trip in direct sunlight this summer in south Louisiana and although the rest of my body burned, my face did not thanks to this sunscreen. I will definitely be purchasing it when I run out.
Allison K.
New City, NY
When I first tried this sunscreen, I was absolutely obsessed. It has a nice light scent, nothing similar to your regular heavy sunscreen smell. The formula itself is great, it does not cause any white cast on the skin, it is thin and easy to wear. I can easily apply makeup over it no problem. However, after wearing it for a few days in a row, I have noticed my skin to dry out and develop small bumps. If it were not for that reaction, I would absolutely continue to wear this sunscreen. I have passed this along to friends and they love it!
Khrystyna S.
Cibolo, TX
I absolutely loved this. I received as a sample from Sephora. I put it on under my makeup before going to the zoo and a bit on my shoulders. It did not effect the staying power of my makeup at all. In fact I felt like it made me glow a bit. It didn't feel greasy, more like a lotion that I put under my primer. With summer here, I will definitely purchase a bottle. It was very gentle on my skin, a lot of sun screens will make me breakout in small hives but I had no issues and no sun burn throughout the day! A great buy, definitely recommended!!
Alyssa H.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I personally love Tarte as a brand and had very high expectations for this product when I got it as a free sample at Sephora. My first impression was that it was not very moisturizing like I had hoped and the pump was hard to get working the first couple times. I decided to give the product the ultimate test by going in the water and the product lasted decently, but I knew I had to reapply within an hour of being in the water. I would suggest if you are going to use this product that you moisturize your skin before.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscreen as well?