BY TARTE #13 in Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Jenn L.
Oil City, PA
I like this sunscreen because I can use it on my face without worry. It doesn't irritate my skin even though I have sensitive skin and doesn't dry it. It does leave a tiny white cast like all sunscreens but it's only an appearance factor which doesn't bother me much. I still got some sun the first time trying it out, it doesn't seem to be waterproof, but it wasn't anything severe and it did a pretty good job at holding up throughout the long sweaty day. Though it's good, I personally would never buy it as I think it's very overpriced for a sunscreen. It's one of the only ones I trust for facial use but I know I could find a cheaper option that doesn't irritate my skin.
Jennifer B.
Nixa, MO
First off I would like to disclose that I love Tarte's brand, with that being said I was left disappointed with this product. The formulation leaves a little to be desired it doesn't glide on very easily on my skin and feels oily long after making me fear a possible breakout. Within an hour of going for a leisurely walk with my guy I had already sweated some of the sunblock off and he was telling me how red and sunburned I was looking. I usually use a cheaper sunblock when we go to the garden for a walk and it works fine and protects me, this did not at all. For the price and the fact that it left me with sunburned cheeks and nose I was not happy at all.
Amanda S.
Wyoming, MN
I tried this when I received a sample of it from Sephora. Although I should be, I'm not a huge fan of facial sunscreen. They're usually sticky, greasy, and oily, and putting makeup over any type of spf doesn't work well. I found this made my makeup appear muddy. Although the smell is nice and it didn't appear overly oily (it was fine after I set my face with powder), it seemed that after a few hours my foundation seemed to smear off around my cheeks and nose. I think this would be okay for anyone who just wanted spf without makeup though. Personally I'm just going to stick to my nars foundation with spf 30 because I get better results.
Glory A.
I got this in my sephora play box as a sample and I love it! It has a very subtle fresh scent that is barely noticeable, so people like me who have sensitivity to scent will be able to use it. Also it is not harsh so similarly people with sensitive skin shouldn't have any problems either, it doesn't feel heavy or sticky and absorbed into my skin fast but didn't leave behind any residue it was so light it felt like nothing but I also felt like it was very effective as the day I wore it I was out in the sun for quite a bit and my face didn't burn which is amazing I burn so easily. So definitely recommend this product!
Elizabeth S.
Gretna, LA
I had heard great things about it but it just didn't work out for me in the end. The sunscreen is greasy and doesn't smell pleasant. It did leave a white cast during the initial application but the more you rub the product into the skin it does go away. The smell goes away after about an hour or so as well. Unless I wash my face within a few hours of using this sunscreen, my forehead breaks out like crazy at the end of the day. I'm very unhappy because I really do like tarte's products but this sunscreen didn't do it for me :/ I will probably save it to use on the rest of my body but it's staying away from my face.
Brittany F.
Scottsdale, AZ
I like this sunscreen but it isn’t my favorite. I like that it is not a heavy sunscreen scent, and the formula is not necessarily runny but it also isn’t super thick and paste-like. It absorbs nicely, but I recommend giving it a few minutes to sink in before you go on about your makeup routine because it’s a bit shiny/oily feeling until it sinks in. One issue I’ve had it that in both bottles I’ve gotten, it looks like ingredients separate a little bit and it becomes a tad difficult to pump. If this happens, I recommend giving it a good shake before you use it. All in all, I like this but probably won’t repurchase.
Joan A.
Great sunscreen. I have sensitive skin and this worked perfect. I got this as a present so it was a pleasant surprise especially for the price. But to think about it, so totally worth purchasing. Especially with sensitive skin, I have to be careful what I put on without my skin getting irritated. Once I run out of this, I will definitely be purchasing due to how great it is. Very Hydrating (I have dry skin on top of sensitive skin) which is definitely a plus and keeps your skin moisturized. I use this under my makeup when I'm out or when i go to Disneyland. And always alone whenever I hit the water.
Jeanximar E.
el uso de un protector solar a diario con SPF 30 tiene numerosos beneficios para la salud y el cuidado de la piel, pero muchas formulaciones puede ser gruesa, obstruye los poros, o desprender la mirada delatora protector solar y el olfato. Tarteguard es la primera loción de protección solar de tarta para ofrecer la protección de un poderoso no químico protector solar SPF 30, pero que se siente como una crema hidratante de lujo que se puede aplicar en la mañana o antes de la exposición solar. Ultra-ligero y transpirable con una nueva firma, aroma de lirio de mar que se siente como un día en el spa.
Kya F.

I love Tarte and their sunscreen did not disappoint. It blends in easily, is moisturizing despite being a much lighter formulation than the Josie Maran sunscreen. Its active ingredients are physical sunscreens zinc oxide and titanium dioxide (also, weirdly, Vitamin C, which is apparently a component of Maracuja oil, one of the "showcase" oils in many Tarte products.)
One yippie for packaging. The pump bottle is beautiful, heavy, a unique color, and looks great on my vanity, but the travel size is basically a mini pump bottle which needs to be kept upright to work. It is definitely a must have!
Abbey K.
Waukesha, WI
I just got this in my most recent Sephora Play box, and I really like it. The bottle is really cute, and it dispenses just the right amount for your face with each pump so there is no waste. The texture is amazing - not greasy at all, and I love that it's a mineral sunscreen so it just sort of floats on top of my skin instead of clogging my pores. Plus there are supposed to be anti-oxidants that protect my skin from free radicals. This is a great base layer under my make-up, or during the summer with just a swipe of lipstick and a coat of waterproof mascara. I'll be using this year-round!!!
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscreen as well?