BY TARTE #19 in Face Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Jamie D.
Escanaba , MI
The packaging intrigued me and I immediately needed to try it out! I love the way that it smells and the feel is fantastic! It is super light, doesn't feel greasy, and spreads better than anything! A little goes a long way! I usually break out when I use sunscreen on my face, but this one makes it look and feel great! It works well under makeup too! I am never going to use another sunscreen on my face. EVER!
Amanda J.
Charlottesvle, VA
I got this couple years ago when first came out. I loved it. Haven’t repurchased it since I have sooo many sunscreens ! But this was amazing ! Very effective and didn’t leave a residue. I’m African American. My daughter who was less than one year old used it just a little and it was was great she still had tan lines but she could outside in the winter and have tan marks!
Yamile O.
Estero, FL
I wanted to like this sunscreen so much. I love tarte but it doesn’t always love me. This formula is way to oily and I feel like it doesn’t dry down; that’s a huge no for this oily girl. I also didn’t love the sent. The sent is very strong and it seemed to cause my face to break out. I say this because I’m sensitive to fragrances in my skin care products.
Vanessa E.
My favorite sunscreen this is the only sunscreen that doesn’t break me out or clog my pores. I have dry sensitive skin and most sunscreens break me out and leave my skin itchy and I hate the smell of most sunscreens, this particular sunscreen smells great and is safe for me to use everyday. Also the bottle has a rubbery texture that makes it easy to hold with slippery hands!!
Rose B.
Muncie, IN
I purchased mine at Sephora for around $30.. love pretty much every tarte product I have tried so far and this just might be my favorite. My skin tends to be dry, so while it sounds like others feel greasy after using this product, I feel like this gives my skin an awesome glow, is really lightweight, and doesn't break me out. I think it actually works as a great makeup primer on my skin and helps me start off with a fresh looking glow. If you really like matte skin or tend towards being oily, then you probably won't be a big fan.
Jasmine L.
North Bergen, NJ
I’ve never tried a sunscreen from a cosmetic brand so this was the first and only. I got it as a travel size from Sephora and I was a little skeptical about it at first but it did it’s job. The most important thing was that this didn’t leave me looking like a grease ball in the summer ! And it did make a difference in my makeup. Definitely recommend
Ramya D.
Cincinnati, OH
This is one of my new favorite products especially for the transition from spring to summer. No matter what time of year it is always a good idea to wear sunscreen, however, most of us probably are not motivated to apply a greasy formula to our face that smells of coconuts and bananas all year round. This product is a great way of changing that. The packaging is beyond adorable and I like that it has a silicon cover on it, which would allow for a good grip if on the beach or by the pool. The only pitfall of it that I see thus far is the price, it's pretty pricey when it's possible to buy a facial moisturizer and sunscreen much cheaper at a drugstore. If we are being honest it is a glorified $32 sunscreen,
Kimberly C.
Jackson , MI
tarte tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30Tarte is my favorite product. I trust all there products. Smooth lotion not greasy. Very good clean smell.
I purchased a his product online at my tarte store. I use it before every road run. I would recommend this product to my friends family and clients. Ten out of ten stars.
Melissa W.
Hunlock Creek, PA
I received a full sized Tarte Tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in one of my beauty box subscriptions.  I was a bit hesitant to use it, as I usually only use 50 SPF or higher, but I tried it anyway.  Well... I ended up really liking it.  So much, that I ordered another one.  It did not cause me to burn at all, while applying every 2 hours, as you should with all sunblocks.  It did not leave a white cast either, as long as you don't use too much.  I highly recommend!
J C.
Brookhaven, GA
Tarte released their first-ever, non-chemical sunscreen that promises to not only protect, moisturize, and brighten but also re-invigorate the skin for a youthful-looking appearance! How about that? A sunscreen that re-invigorates the skin! Well, you have my full attention, Tarte!

While I'm not thoroughly happy with the low percentage of active ingredients, I have to say I applaud Tarte for infusing so many antioxidants in the formula! Maracuja oil, soybean extract, apple extract, and vitamin E to name a few. Not to mention red algae, honeysuckle extract, and sodium hyaluronate to keep your skin soft and moisturized!

Speaking of formula, I find it to be creamy and just a tiny bit thicker than normal lotion. It is milky white in color and requires some massaging into the skin to get rid of the white cast. And even then, I still see a hint of white residue on my skin from time to time (as seen below in my arm swatch). It's not too bad in real life, though, and if you follow with a primer, foundation, or powder, I doubt it will even be noticeable at all.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?