BY TARTE #30 in Facial Sunscreen

WHAT IT IS

WHAT IT DOES

Alicia H.
Dallas
This product softens and brightens the skin gently and contains naturals chemicals and vitamins. This product covers dark spots, redness, and uneven skin while protecting the skin from breakouts.
Catherine O.
Hawthorne, NJ
my new favorite products especially for the transition from spring to summer. Always a good to wear sunscreen. The package is beyond adorable and I like that it has a silicon cover on it, which would allow for a good grip if on the beach or by the pool. The only bad thing so far is the price, it's pretty pricey, it's possible to buy a facial moisturizer and sunscreen much cheaper in a drugstore. If being honest it is a glorified $32 dollars sunscreen, however, the packaging, scent, and overall feel of the product are enough to payoff for the money. The experience definitely makes me want to apply it daily. The scent is very nice.
Becca S.
Louisville, KY
I love this sunscreen! It wears nicely underneath of foundation and doesn’t leave an unwanted residue like other spfs can do.
I purchased mine from sephora, and it’s very reasonably priced.
Stephanie P.
Washington, DC
I write this review with a caveat that I don't know how strong or protective this sunscreen actually is, as I haven't really tested it with a full day in the sun in the summer. I do like it as a basic sunscreen when I'm out running or out and about. It works well in the summer that way, and in the winter, I like that it is slightly more moisturizing than my typical water-like formulas (Shiseido sunscreen, le roche-posay, etc), and it works well under makeup. In the summer, it's a little too greasy to wear under makeup for me, so I just use it on beach days or when I'm not wearing face makeup. It goes on nicely, and doesn't irritate my skin. I bought a travel size originally, and will probably continue to keep buying the travel size for the winter if I can buy it on sale.
Makena H.
I love this sunscreen so much! It is a physical, rather than chemical, sunscreen, so it is more effective in protecting your skin from the sun. Unlike most sunscreens, it does not feel greasy, thick, or sticky, but instead feels lightweight and silky. I have acne-prone skin, so most drugstore sunscreens break me out, but this has never clogged my pores. It has a pleasant scent, does not irritate sensitive skin, and blends into the skin effortlessly without leaving it all white. It feels moisturizing and even brightening on all skin types and it also works beautifully under makeup! The only downsides are that it is expensive and it has to be reapplied frequently because it is not water-resistant or water-proof at all.
Hannah M.
Baldwin
Got a sample of this with a tarte order and I thought it worked really well. I have sensitive cool tone skin and live on a lake, and it protected my face all day
Kulpreet D.
Riverbank, CA
I love Tarte because their products aren't full of harmful ingredients. I will wear this with a little bit of under-eye concealer and sometimes a bit of blush or bronzer and highlighter for no make-up days. I love this product because it evens out my skin tone, provides medium coverage and it doesn't feel like I have make-up on at all but my skin looks flawless. I use Tarte's airbrush foundation brush with it and it looks fabulous. Even if they don't have your exact skin tone, I have found that once it is properly blended in, it looks fabulous. I just squeeze some product onto the top of my hand and use the foundation brush to apply it. This product doesn't make my face oily or break me out and leaves my face with a matte finish all day (even without setting powder).
J C.
Brookhaven, GA
Tarte released their first-ever, non-chemical sunscreen that promises to not only protect, moisturize, and brighten but also re-invigorate the skin for a youthful-looking appearance! How about that? A sunscreen that re-invigorates the skin! Well, you have my full attention, Tarte!

While I'm not thoroughly happy with the low percentage of active ingredients, I have to say I applaud Tarte for infusing so many antioxidants in the formula! Maracuja oil, soybean extract, apple extract, and vitamin E to name a few. Not to mention red algae, honeysuckle extract, and sodium hyaluronate to keep your skin soft and moisturized!

Speaking of formula, I find it to be creamy and just a tiny bit thicker than normal lotion. It is milky white in color and requires some massaging into the skin to get rid of the white cast. And even then, I still see a hint of white residue on my skin from time to time (as seen below in my arm swatch). It's not too bad in real life, though, and if you follow with a primer, foundation, or powder, I doubt it will even be noticeable at all.
Carrie L.
Picayune, MS
I have added this to my night time regime, once a week, and I will never look back. It has made my skin so incredibly soft & youthful. It has the lightest most elegant scent & feel on the skin.
Kellie S.
Murfreesboro, TN
This is a pretty good product. It's not too thick or too thin; perfect formula. It covers well and even locks in moisture for a bit. The packaging is adorable, I love the purple! It makes it easy to find it in my collection. I actually got the full size product in my GlossyBox, and was so surprised to see it costs like $30. Yes, it's a lot of product, but there are plenty of drugstore sunscreens that do just as good as this and only a fraction of the price. Overall, not a bad product at all, just definitely not worth the money.
ROSA M.
San Antonio, TX
Nadia C.
Oakville, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?

back