BY TARTE #22 in Facial Sunscreen

• Is the quantity worth the value?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Alyssa V.
Pawtucket, RI
If you’re 20+ and aren’t using any form of SPF in your skincare/makeup routine, start now! It’s a true form of anti-aging and protects you from harmful sun exposure which is year round, not just in the Summer.

Tarte’s sunscreen is amazing, and perfect for start of the day use. The formula is lightweight, Non-greasy, really sinks into skin, and will have zero affect on makeup application. Perfect for all skin types, including oily and sensitive. This has never made my combination, acne prone skin break out, flare up, or become/look irritated.
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
For a natural sunscreen, this one does a great job. I don't feel greasy when I apply it and it keeps me from getting burned or tanning too rapidly (I have Cherokee in me, so I tan really easily). The only reason I took off a star is because as far as Face sun protection is concerned, I am way too hooked on Tarte's Tinted Primer BB Cream with SPF. I wear that stuff year round on my face. But as far as a sunscreen sans tint, primer, or BB Cream. This is definitely is a solid choice, it's just not my absolute fave for my face or body.
Amber F.
Somerdale, NJ
BEST FACE SUNSCREEN EVER!!! SERIOUSLY DON'T HESITATE ON PURCHASING THIS! I haven't gotten burned on my face since using this, which always use to happen. It hasn't caused my to breakout at all, which also would always happen with other facial sunscreens. You can't beat the ingredients in it either, it's zinc based so it's a lot better for your skin. It provides such a nice glow when using it and makes my skin look healthy. I hope tarte never stops making this because it was one of the best purchases I've made this year!
member-668da
Loved this!!! It smelled great, easy to use, didn’t feel to thick..... got this at Ulta. Definitely kept me from getting sunburnt! The packaging is so pretty too!
Anna C.
This is just a simple sunscreen. I have mixed it in with many foundations to prevent my face from darkening in the sunlight (so I don’t have to buy new foundation). I feel that this works very well as a facial sunscreen because I have not noticed any burning or reddening on my face. This doesn’t seem to leave a white cast on my face during the day, but I haven’t tried it for flash photography because I know that SPF tends to flashback. The reason I leave four stars is because it doesn’t seem to moisturize too well.
Andria L.
I love having a sunscreen and moisturizer and tint all in one! It makes my Summer morning routine so much easier. For me minimal makeup days I just throw that on with maybe a little highlighter. For my heavier make up days I put on a primer than my tarte guard then foundation, etc. But I love that it gives just the right tint to use it on its own and you can layer any makeup over it, maybe a little bronzer or just some blush. It's great! And all this functionality with it still protecting you from the sun!!
Brandi B.
Austin, TX
Tartegaurd is by far my favorite sunscreen for year round use! I find the smell to be very mild, without any of the typical strong sun tan lotion scents. This product isn't oily and my makeup goes on smooth and stays put all day. SPF is a very important part of any beauty regimen and this one makes it easy to remember to include in yours. All in all a great product!
Katie C.
I have dry, sensitive skin. This was a freebie and I reluctantly tried it as most sunscreens for the face are awful and chalky! This luminizes, moisturizes and protects! Beautiful! Clearly not for when you need a heavy duty sunscreen but I am ordering a big bottle right now because it is lovely and just what the dermatologist ordered! This sunscreen is really good for dry skin. It does moisture my skin very well but does not give an oily feel. It doesn't leave any white residue on my face (I have medium to tan skin). Only thing I wish is that they make higher spf.
Gladys N.
It is a pretty nice product, especially in the summer, we should all use a sunscreen always but the idea of ​​having to use a product on our skin is always a dilemma. This product seems very good and its packaging is fantastic because it is rubber, a great grip on the site with water like beach or pool. But its price does not convince me, come on ... we are talking about a sunscreen for $ 32, I do not know ... I think in sephora you can find sunscreens as good as this at a lower price.
Jessica P.
I got a sample of this right before the summertime to try as a facial sunscreen. I have combination oily skin and general sunscreen have given my skin a bit of trouble in the past. I've found that the safest sunscreen for me is SunBum sunscreen because it is oil free.
This is an oil free sunscreen from Tarte that works really well, I think it's actually lighter in consistency compared to the SunBum and really does a good job of keeping my skin protected without clogging my pores with excess oil.
ROSA M.
San Antonio, TX
Nadia C.
Oakville, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?