BY TARTE #23 in Facial Sunscreen

• I would love to try this does it wear well under foundation?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
isrA M.
Fuquay Varina , NC
The bottle is pretty cute but honeslty this sunscreen lotion isn't really good for oily skin. I have combo to oily skin and it leaves my face really greasy. Maybe it does work for dry skin but for me, it wasn't good. Its not for heavy duty like if your going to be out in the sun for a while i wouldn't use it. I wouldn't buy it again just because i have oily skin.
Jessica P.
I got a sample of this right before the summertime to try as a facial sunscreen. I have combination oily skin and general sunscreen have given my skin a bit of trouble in the past. I've found that the safest sunscreen for me is SunBum sunscreen because it is oil free.
This is an oil free sunscreen from Tarte that works really well, I think it's actually lighter in consistency compared to the SunBum and really does a good job of keeping my skin protected without clogging my pores with excess oil.
Jessie R.
Saint Cloud, FL
I received a full size bottle of this product in a subscription box. This is a really great sunscreen. I used it for the first time in a trip to the Grand Canyon and it was amazing. The scent is really nice and light, and the cream is easily absorbed into the skin so it feels like it's a part of your skin not a sunscreen mask. The best part was as I got sweaty it didn't burn my eyes. Be prepared though, this is a glass bottle so you can't just toss it in a bag and go with feeling the weight of it or accidentally clocking yourself.
Ashley A.
Orlando, FL
I was never really big on sunscreen but as I started really getting into high end makeup and spoke to the ladies in Ulta/Sephora when I go to buy something and they relentlessly asked me what moisturizer/sunscreen I used and I kept saying "I don't" I figured maybe I should do some research and start using something to protect my skin. I tried multiple different brands and none every compared to tarteguard. It works so well and it doesn't give that pasty look to the skin and is a great moisturizer.
Madi S.
Merrick, NY
I really like this sunscreen! I received this sunscreen in a Glossybox subscription box, but it can be purchased at Sephora. I love that this sunscreen is specifically formulated to use on the face. I have not experienced any breaking out with this product. I have very sensitive skin and this product hasn't irritated my skin at all. The retail price of the product is $30 which I think is pretty expensive for sunscreen, but skin care is very important to me. I would repurchase this product.
Kelly M.
Indianapolis, IN
This is one of my new favorite products especially for the transition from spring to summer. No matter what time of year it is always a good idea to wear sunscreen, however, most of us probably are not motivated to apply a greasy formula to our face that smells of coconuts and bananas all year round. This product is a great way of changing that. The packaging is beyond adorable and I like that it has a silicon cover on it, which would allow for a good grip if on the beach or by the pool. The only pitfall of it that I see thus far is the price, it's pretty pricey when it's possible to buy a facial moisturizer and sunscreen much cheaper at a drugstore. If we are being honest it is a glorified $32 sunscreen, however, the packaging, scent, and overall feel of the product is enough payoff for the money. The overall experience definitely makes me want to apply it daily.I have read reviews on this product that it makes some people break out, my skin type is normal to dry and I have had no issue. The scent is very nice and subtle. In my experience I have noticed that when it is first applied it does make my face slightly tacky (as any sunscreen would), but about 10-15 minutes later my skin is left feeling very smooth. Application is easy and the product does "melt into the skin" as advertised. in relation to the extra benefits that Tarte claims it has, My skin does seem a bit firmer while using it. My makeup applies easily over it and is left very smooth. Note: I have not foundation over this. the only makeup product applied directly over tarteguard was a pressed blush.
Brianna S.
Lake Worth, FL
Smells nice, sets well under my makeup, and doesn't give me that grease ball feeling on my combo-oily skin. A little pricey for sunscreen, especially since Ulta seems to have a deal every other week on the regular brands. The bottle looks cute on my vanity but I wouldn't repurchase just because it does the same thing my Cerave sunscreen does but costs twice the amount.
Virgenmina M.
Yonkers, NY
I used this last summer... I know we shoildnuse sun screen everyday but no thank you I feel it wouldbbe too much on my skin not knocking anyone that like a it or does it but no thanks for me. So I found it nice and hydrating to the skin. Non pore clogging and has a great fragrance to it. I used it under makeup as well. Found myself having dewy looks with it. Making my nature glow shine thru. I highly enjoyed this sun screen. No1 yet to match anything like it. Applause to you Tarte!!!!
Camille G.
Las Vegas, NV
I like this, but don't love it.

I personally prefer Physical Sunscreens over chemical- so I appreciated that this was physical. It is a bit thicker than I like and definitely needs to be rubbed in, because it is WHITE and a bit opaque. But will rub in clear.

I didn't repurchase, but I would recommend people to give it a chance with a list of others.
Pamela P.
Chicago
love pretty much every tarte product I have tried so far and this just might be my favorite. My skin tends to be dry, so while it sounds like others feel greasy after using this product, I feel like this gives my skin an awesome glow, is really lightweight, and doesn't break me out. I think it actually works as a great makeup primer on my skin and helps me start off with a fresh looking glow. If you really like matte skin or tend towards being oily, then you probably won't be a big fan.
ROSA M.
San Antonio , TX
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?