BY TARTE #22 in Facial Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Sara S.
Sachse, TX
First of all, I have worn this everyday all summer. It has really helped me stay protected from the sun. It has a slight smell, but it doesn't bother me. It absorbs nicely into the skin, and it doesn't break me out which is a miracle. I think this would work really well for those with dry or normal skin. However, I have oily skin and this does tend to make me look shiny after only a few hours. I do think it helps to wear a mattifying foundation and powder. Another con is that it seems to expire very quickly. Overall, I am quite happy with this product.
Rochelle F.
Richmond , VA
I received a deluxe sized sample of this tarte Tarteguard Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in a subscription beauty box and found that it absorbed really nicely, blended well under makeup, and had a light natural scent. It did leave my skin a little greasy (not bad), but I also didn't get burnt or any additional skin damage from sun exposure while using it, so that is great! I love the packaging as well.
Elizabeth A.
Bear, DE
The texture is okay. Lightweight, but still kinda greasy. This did not provide protection for my face. I still got burned when I used this at the beach, even with a large amount and reapplication. I don't like the smell, or that it stays really shiny on my face. It doesn't do well under makeup in my experience either. The claims and the ingredients are nice, however, the product did not perform well for me.
Maddie H.
Burlington, VT
I got this as a little sample size in a Sephora's summer favorites box, and yikes, this sunscreen is most definitely not a favorite of mine. It feels super thick and greasy on the skin, and never fully sunk in. It left a white cast on my face and felt very oily. I was really hoping to like this sunscreen too :( I will continue to use the rest of this up on my ears and maybe on my body. But definitely not on my face! This would probably work better for someone with drier skin, but if you have oily, combination, or acne-prone skin this is a no no!
Emily O.
Seattle, WA
THE SMELL.  Oh my gosh, this SPF is so delicious (in smell)!  The texture is really amazing, and glides on the skin, not feeling sticky, slimy, or gritty.  The value is fantastic, as a little goes a long way.  I definitely would recommend to others.  The only downside is the packaging is a bit of an odd texture for me (but I have a strange thing with packaging textures, so I'm sure it wouldn't affect a "normal" person).   tarte tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Rachel H.
Philadelphia, PA
I have fair, freckly skin so an SPF is a must.  I really like this lotion for protecting my face from the sun.  It is lightweight and goes on smooth.  It does not leave a residue or a white look behind.  It blends well into your skin and does not run.  The lotion has a light scent which I did not find offensive.  Overall, it is a great product for sun protection.  You can wear it alone or under makeup.
Lauren P.
Tyler, TX
I got a free sample of this from a tarte order I placed. It has a great scent and is not overly greasy like some sunscreens. I think the amount you get is good for the price and this is a great product for summer time. I think for the fall you are fine using a lighter product.
Jennifer H.
Sparrows Pt, MD
I love tarte makeup so I wanted to try their sunscreen. I really like this sunscreen. It has a pleasant smell and easy to spray nozzle. It doesn't leave my skin greasy or shiney. It definitely works great! No worries about going out in the sun or getting sun burnt. It keeps my skin soft and smooth, not dry from the sun. It protects my skin and keeps it healthier.
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
For a natural sunscreen, this one does a great job. I don't feel greasy when I apply it and it keeps me from getting burned or tanning too rapidly (I have Cherokee in me, so I tan really easily). The only reason I took off a star is because as far as Face sun protection is concerned, I am way too hooked on Tarte's Tinted Primer BB Cream with SPF. I wear that stuff year round on my face. But as far as a sunscreen sans tint, primer, or BB Cream. This is definitely is a solid choice, it's just not my absolute fave for my face or body.
amber f.
Somerdale, NJ
BEST FACE SUNSCREEN EVER!!! SERIOUSLY DON'T HESITATE ON PURCHASING THIS! I haven't gotten burned on my face since using this, which always use to happen. It hasn't caused my to breakout at all, which also would always happen with other facial sunscreens. You can't beat the ingredients in it either, it's zinc based so it's a lot better for your skin. It provides such a nice glow when using it and makes my skin look healthy. I hope tarte never stops making this because it was one of the best purchases I've made this year!
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?