BY TARTE #19 in Face Sunscreen

• Is this specifically for face, or do you use it as a body sunscre...6 Answers
  • Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Kathryn O.
This sunscreen lotion combo is everything my skin needed this summer. I recently went to southern part of Africa and I brought THIS product with me because I love it so much!! The lotion part kept my face hydrated, the sunscreen kept it protected, it had a great smell, left my skin feeling clean, and the packaging is so cute!!
I think the one thing I didn't like about it is that it had a thicker oily feeling, which I'm guessing is from the SPF, but made me pretty shiny throughout the day. I also have combo skin so I guess it could've just been how my skin reacted to it? I'm not sure. But I'll definitely be purchasing again either way!
Maria H.
Santa Rosa, CA
Definitely a must, love the fact that it blends in easily, some moisturizers with sunscreen take a little longer to blend in! Really love the fact that it's a sunscreen that can be used before you makeup application , because some sunscreens start making your makeup turn patchy throughout the day when used under makeup! Also great price for this Tarte product that helps protect your skin from hyper pigmentation, anti-aging, dark spots, or sun sensitivity, and very light scent!
Vida L.
I wasn't a fan of the strange smell. While I liked this product as a sunscreen because it gave a nice, light texture, the smell never really went away. Normally I'm not too off put by scents, but this one seemed to linger even after a few hours of application. I like that this is a physical sunscreen and comes in a "dark" bottle, however I did notice it run out rather quickly even after just a few applications on the face. I would recommend this sunscreen for people with sensitive skin because it has no fillers, is more on the natural side, and has no synthetic fragrances. For my personal use, however, I will definitely not be repurchasing.
Jessica R.
Stroudsburg, PA
This is one of my favorite facial sunscreens the tarte guard 30 sunscreen lotion is an awesome moisturizer that has a high SPF of 30 + does not leave my skin oily or clog my poresI love tartes facial sunblock and SPF 30 I love the fact that goes on lightweight and greasy and does not break me out I also love the fact that it protects my face from the harsh rays of the Summer sun
Zelda A.
This is the greatest sunscreen ever. I used Clinique for years but this has changed my life the mineral lotion is so light and silky you don't even know you're wearing sunscreen. I wear it alone or I use it as a primer for my makeup. I have fair skin and this product lasted all day even after hanging out by the pool and beach all day.
Vivian K.
Tallahassee, FL
I have been using this for couple years now!!! I always stock up whenever Tarte have Friends & Family event! Even my husband loves this stuff! It's not sticky like others sunscreen and it doesn't have that strong sunscreen smell! It applies smooth on my skin and keeps my skin hydrated as well! tarte tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Stacy G.
Beltsville, MD
I am a huge fan of tarte, I've been using this brand since its beginning. I was so glad to see them come out with not only skincare products but a good facial sunscreen. This is good stuff! It's not greasy, it's good for all skin types (I'm combo dry/oily), and it makes a great primer before makeup application. It lasts all day long & I feel good knowing that my skin is protected and that it's good for my skin too :) tarte tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Cristy L.
Knoxville, TN
I received this in a VIB Sampler from Sephora and I saw that it had rave reviews so I was anxious to try it out. I threw it in my purse due to the size and thought I'd give it a shot when I was eve caught out and didn't have my full size bottle of Blue Lizzard sunscreen with me. I used this for the first time this last fall at a football game and even after reapplying over and over on my nose through out the game, I still came away extremely burned. I would have expected more from an SPF 15 sunscreen! Definitely will not purchase this in the future, I'm not sure how it claims it can be used as an SPF 30.
Nikki D.
This is a portable, non-chemical sunscreen that helps to protect, moisturize, brighten, and re-invigorate skin for a youthful-looking appearance.
It is formulated to protect skin from harmful rays—even on-the-go—with tarte’s first multi-tasking, antioxidant-infused daily sunscreen. The lightweight, non-sticky liquid lotion contains all-mineral, non-chemical and broad spectrum SPF 30 ingredients that help protect against the sun’s damaging UVA/UVB rays that can cause dryness, redness, dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. Recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation for daily use, the skinvigorating™ formula is also infused with maracuja, red algae, soybean, apple, and honeysuckle extracts to nourish, tone, and retain moisture while helping to combat signs of aging for a firmer, brighter, smoother appearance. The fresh, ocean’s lily scent allows for luxurious, spa-like daily applications, while the high-performance liquid emulsion seamlessly melts into skin, leaving it supremely soft and silky. It is formulated with parabens and phthalates. This product is dermatologist-tested, vegan, and hypoallergenic.
Wearing a daily sunscreen with SPF 30 has numerous health and skin care benefits, but many formulations may be thick, clog pores, or give off the telltale sunscreen look and smell. Tarteguard is tarte’s first sunscreen lotion to deliver the powerful protection of a non-chemical SPF 30 sunscreen, but that feels like a luxurious moisturizer that can be applied in the morning or before sun exposure. Ultra-lightweight and breathable with a signature fresh, ocean’s lily scent that feels like a day at the spa.

I rate this product a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/out of 5 stars! This sunscreen protected my face from the sun's harmful rays while in Florida recently. It did not burn a bit and the formula did not irritate my sensitive skin and eyes! The will now be my holy grail sunscreen!
Alice F.
Ann Arbor, MI
great smelling sunscreen/moisturizer combo. it doesn't smell like straight up sunscreen and the texture is more like a moisturizer rather than a thick sunscreen. This is a physical sunscreen, not chemical and it is rare to find these with a nice light texture. The packaging is glass covered with a silicone sleeve to protect it if it falls and I love it! The pump is handy and keeps everything clean. I give it 4* only because I have combo/oily skin and prefer something that is also slightly mattifying
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?