BY TARTE #11 in Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Kelly M.
Indianapolis, IN
This is one of my new favorite products especially for the transition from spring to summer. No matter what time of year it is always a good idea to wear sunscreen, however, most of us probably are not motivated to apply a greasy formula to our face that smells of coconuts and bananas all year round. This product is a great way of changing that. The packaging is beyond adorable and I like that it has a silicon cover on it, which would allow for a good grip if on the beach or by the pool. The only pitfall of it that I see thus far is the price, it's pretty pricey when it's possible to buy a facial moisturizer and sunscreen much cheaper at a drugstore. If we are being honest it is a glorified $32 sunscreen, however, the packaging, scent, and overall feel of the product is enough payoff for the money. The overall experience definitely makes me want to apply it daily.I have read reviews on this product that it makes some people break out, my skin type is normal to dry and I have had no issue. The scent is very nice and subtle. In my experience I have noticed that when it is first applied it does make my face slightly tacky (as any sunscreen would), but about 10-15 minutes later my skin is left feeling very smooth. Application is easy and the product does "melt into the skin" as advertised. in relation to the extra benefits that Tarte claims it has, My skin does seem a bit firmer while using it. My makeup applies easily over it and is left very smooth. Note: I have not foundation over this. the only makeup product applied directly over tarteguard was a pressed blush.
Jamie Rose S.
I love Tarte cosmetics and honestly I wish I had the money to buy all their products because they can even make sun screen amazing! This cute little purple bottle contains a great sun protectant that gets the job done and it doesn't irritate my skin like many drugstore face spf's. I also love that like every other product of theirs, it's paraben free, meaning that the ingredients are swapped out for more natural ones. Because I have lupus, I have to be very careful to protect myself from the sun, so thanks to Tarte I am able to go out without the worry of causing myself harm. Now about ease of application, that is made simple by the pump on the top of the bottle allowing you to control how much product you want. The formula itself is very creamy and feels soft on the skin without feeling greasy. And lastly, unlike most sunscreens, tarte's spf smells really good! Although this may be on the higher end of the price spectrum, it's every bit worth it when it comes to protecting your health
Alondra B.
Sylmar, CA
I actually like this sunscreen a lot. My skin is very dry, sensitive and I'm super pale. I've given up on tinted sun protection - the tint is always, always too dark and orange. Finally decided it's better for me to stick with the white stuff cause that's closer to my actual skin tone. This is a little bit shiny at first but I just make sure to give it a few minutes to absorb.. That said, I don't think this product is for those with oilier skin. The texture is smooth like a light lotion - it doesn't have that coagulated feeling that lots of physical sunscreens have.
There's a slight fragrance (which I could do without) but I haven't gotten any allergic reactions from it and it doesn't bother me once it soaks in. The packaging is very nice, it has that rubberized coating all over the outside. I like that you can pump out a 1/2 pump if you want.
I bought it during the F+F sale at 20% off so the price was right. I'd repurchase when I run out.
Julia Lizeth Lear 31635 G.
Miami , FL
Arteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is a fluid formula with mineral-based sunscreen actives that provide broad-spectrum sun protection. The sunscreen goes a step further to provide a host of beneficial antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and skin-repairing ingredients that help make good on its claims to "re-invigorate skin for a youthful-looking appearance." Our only complaint is the fragrance (more on that in a minute), but given that the scent isn't overpowering, it's not a total dealbreaker. Of course, the million-dollar question is how does Tarteguard 30 look and feel? Fortunately for those with oily or combination skin, the blend of ingredients creates a thin, fluid lotion texture that absorbs quickly into skin. It has a matte feel, yet the active ingredients leave a bit of sheen on skin. It leaves skin brightened with a healthy—but not greasy—subtle glow and after it dries, doesn't leave a white cast.
Cayla W.
I got this sunscreen in my sephora playbox for this month, and it has easily become my favorite sunscreen! I have very dry and sensitive skin and this stuff has been great, especially since it has been really hot outside lately. I am definitely going to buy the full size. It feels so lightweight on my skin. I am very fair and burn very easily and this sunscreen is perfect for me. I like to apply it before I apply my makeup. It is great that it works as both a lotion and a sunscreen. I do like to put a hydrating primer over this though. This may not be necessary for most though, it is for me since as I said before, I do have super dry skin. This stuff is great though. I like that I do not feel it on my face throughout the day because it is so lightweight. I cannot stand products that are tacky and that I can just feel all day. It drives me crazy. This is going to be a summer essential for me this summer.
Kelly S.
Dover, NH
Everything Tarte makes is amazing I always feel like reviews for their products are unnecessary and silly but then I remember there are people out there who are insane and havnt tried then yet! Tastes sunscreen is just another example of how amazing their line of products are. Tarte is all about natural beauty and taking care of your skin. Even their makeup is all about enhancing your beauty and not cakeface although you could do that if you wanted to with layering lol anyways the sunscreen is all ingredients that will help your skin not hurt it I have sensitive skin so if I put sunscreen lotions or oil on my face there is a good chance the next day I will have some acne or at least one big zit not with Tarte they are always so careful to be aware of people with sensitive skin and skin allergies if you havnt tried Tarte yet you must any product you WILL LOVE THEM ALL!!
Karen R.
Burleson, TX

This is a PHYSICAL sunblock - meaning it doesn't contain the endocrine disrupting chemical sunscreen ingredients. Unfortunately, choosing physical over chemical means there will be a bit of a white cast left behind. This is the case for all physical sunscreens, some more than others, this one not so bad. I have light skin, so the white cast can be covered with my makeup. Might be different for people with deeper skin tones. Don't follow this directly with makeup, make sure to let the oils absorb and the minerals to set before applying makeup. I do notice my skin looks oilier when I wear this, but nothing out of the ordinary for a sunscreen. You can gently pat this over makeup for reapplication, just make sure to apply a few thin layers, very little amounts each time
Jen U.
My friend suggested that I purchase this foundation because it worked fantastic to her. Was not disappointed! It's the best product I have used it a very long time. I have used many different brands (high end & drug store), but this is perfection. The coverage is good, makes my skin look flawless, but it doesn't feel too thick or cakey on. Not to mention the brush it comes with is amazing. The bristles are soft but there are a lot of them so it still is strong and actually works. The only issue I have with this foundation is I am almost always a fair shade, but this is a little too light. No big deal usually but the sun is starting to peak out. Might have to retire it for a couple months but other then that its amazing. Couldn't praise it higher.
Kimberly K.
Rosenberg, TX
LOVE LOVE LOVE! I am outside all the time, so my skin is always open to the harmful rays! So I decided to try this sunscreen lotion out because my face was always getting burnt! Since I'm not a big fan of putting regular sunscreen on my face, because I usually breakout when I try new products on my face, I was super weary! But I decided to go with this brand and see how it would be & see how it would work with my picky skin!! This stuff is amazing! It smells super refreshing and also is a lightweight formula that blends perfectly into my skin! So I can wear it under my makeup or just by itself! I have not left the house without it! Also the price is super reasonable & I have not broken out yet!
MARIA R.
Denham Spgs, LA
Absolutely in love with this Tarte sunscreen it is PERFECT in so many ways first off not white cast! that is always hard to come by, another awesome thing is no greasy residue left behind so that means you can wear your foundation and all other makeup right over it after you have applied it and lastly the scent! its a nice fresh scent nothing over powering at all and does go away once its applied and dries down. overall definitely recommend for just everyday use and especially if you wear makeup! everyone should always wear spf although i must admit i don't always do it but this has helped me get into the routine of using one with it being so perfect with makeup over it.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?