BY TARTE #22 in Facial Sunscreen

• Does this look/feel greasy on your skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Shanel A.
Norcross, GA
It gives soft texture on skin. I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.Its better to search for offers before buying.Have different shades of color for different skin tones.I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.I am kinda shopholic ;) so love to buy and try different products ,brands and shades.Now in today’s climate you would think I would be more worried about sun damage than a few pimples but such is not the case. Aging has been hard for me so adding just one more thing like blemishes tips me over into freak out mode... no seriously freak out mode as I’m crying hysterically arte is the only brand of sunscreen I’ve been able to use that doesn’t sweat off of my face and cause me to burn and the only one that doesn’t clog the pores along my T Zone and lead to zits! I absolutely love this SPF and swear by it. We all know that it is CRITICAL to apply SPF and to not wear it bc it clogs your pores just means painful and damaging sunburns that can cause unsightly wrinkles and discoloration and, hello—cancer—and that’s not allowed! This SPF is literally a face and life saver!
Shasha S.
Chelsea M.
Aumsville, OR
Make this your GO TO facial sunscreen! Hands down the best. With ingredients such as maracuja oil that visible smooths & brightens the face, red algae and soybean extract that combat aging and honeysuckle extract that soothes the skin instantly. That is just a few among several over powerful ingredients packed into this product! With a high SPF of 30 it still remains silky smooth, goes on clear and does not make your face greasy. Wear alone or under makeup. As an individual with oily & acne prone skin this product has protected by skin from damaging UV rays and not caused acne or excessive oil, in fact it has played a huge role in preventing that. This product is also vegan and non-chemical! At the price $32 for a 1.7 oz countainer that will last you all summer using everyday -  this product is must! Take care of your skin!
Erica L.
Hagerman, NM
Let me start by saying that I am incredibly picky about anything I put on my face!! And I do mean picky... like obsessively so. To the point that I will be late to and event or work because something doesn’t feel right and I am scrubbing it off and starting over picky. It’s due to the fact that I have had so many instances of product not working or even worse (cue drama music here) I break out!?!!
Now in today’s climate you would think I would be more worried about sun damage than a few pimples but such is not the case. Aging has been hard for me so adding just one more thing like blemishes tips me over into freak out mode... no seriously freak out mode as I’m crying hysterically. It’s ridiculous but I own it.
That’s where this little gem comes in. I have tried so many formulas that just don’t do it for me. They either don’t work or my makeup just doesn’t sit right or they cause flare ups. It was a definite bonus to find that I could wear this alone or under my makeup. Now alone I had to make sure it worked. After having a mole removed (twice) it is critical to not only limit my sun exposure but to make sure that when i am exposes I really am protected. This... well it does that and I am really grateful! No more hiding under sheets at the family picnic for me. In addition, it really didn’t disturb how my makeup applies or layered.
The consistency was not bad. I didn’t find it overly thick and it melted into my skin nicely with no sunscreen residue that is so apparent in most.
I would say this is an amazing product and one I will purchase over and over. I have even recommended it to several family members as it is never to early or late to start protecting your skin.
Sarah C.
Charlottesvle, VA
Bear in mind that I am extremely picky about sunscreen in general and facial sunscreens in particular. I have dry, sensitive skin that almost often reacts negatively to chemical sunscreens and often to physical ones, too. In this respect, Tarteguard is fine - it does not irritate my skin, it doesn't hurt, it doesn't cause any negative reaction.  That's the high point. Does smell like a physical sunscreen, although it's not as bad as some others, and it doesn't turn me as opaquely white/milky as some do, either.  It is a little greasy (though not the greasiest I've tried) and while my dry skin can tolerate it, it doesn't work terribly well under makeup. At SPF 30, it's not high enough to use if I'm at the beach, pool, etc., so I was hoping this would work well under makeup as a daily use item - when I'm outside off and on but don't need the high coverage of an extended stay in the sun. Accordingly, this sort of failed me for its intended purpose and for that I won't repurchase. But my biggest complaint, and the real reason for the low rating, is that I had an extremely difficult time getting this out of its bottle (the pump didn't seem strong enough for the thick consistency), and it also thickened/dried/became goopy very quickly.
Meyling M.
Jacksonville, FL
This is one of my new favorite products especially for the transition from spring to summer. No matter what time of year it is always a good idea to wear sunscreen, however, most of us probably are not motivated to apply a greasy formula to our face that smells of coconuts and bananas all year round. This product is a great way of changing that. The packaging is beyond adorable and I like that it has a silicon cover on it, which would allow for a good grip if on the beach or by the pool. The only pitfall of it that I see thus far is the price, it's pretty pricey when it's possible to buy a facial moisturizer and sunscreen much cheaper at a drugstore. If we are being honest it is a glorified $32 sunscreen, however, the packaging, scent, and overall feel of the product is enough payoff for the money. The overall experience definitely makes me want to apply it daily.I have read reviews on this product that it makes some people break out, my skin type is normal to dry and I have had no issue. The scent is very nice and subtle. In my experience I have noticed that when it is first applied it does make my face slightly tacky (as any sunscreen would), but about 10-15 minutes later my skin is left feeling very smooth. Application is easy and the product does "melt into the skin" as advertised. in relation to the extra benefits that Tarte claims it has, My skin does seem a bit firmer while using it. My makeup applies easily over it and is left very smooth. Note: I have not foundation over this. the only makeup product applied directly over tarteguard was a pressed blush.
Britney S.
Greeneville , TN
I think this product is good for the cooler months when you don’t need as much sunscreen protection but want still want some to go under makeup but I wouldn’t recommend this for summer as your only sunscreen because you will definitely still get burnt. If you want to mix this with a foundation that also has sunscreen then I think that would work but I just wouldn’t rely on only this. Also make sure you check the expiration date on the bottle because for some reason these expire pretty quickly and I guess Sephora can’t keep up with it because I seen a lot of reviews about people receiving expired bottles. This sunscreen will become a greasy oily mess that’s separated if it’s expired.
autumn g.
Parkersburg, WV
I’m not particularly a fan of using this as an entire body sunscreen, but it is my go to for my face! I love wearing this under my makeup, or just my bare face. Some may consider $32 too much for a product, but I think it’s worth it with the protection it provides. I think it also has a good scent. Although, I have noticed that it feels sorta sticky and heavy at times when I put on another pump for extra protection. I do not like the way that feels. Regardless, I would still recommend this product because you can’t go wrong with giving your face the best protection from the sun.
Zully M.
Homestead
Jodi F.
Lockport, NY
I started with a sample of this sun block and ordered the full size soon after. I really enjoy this it smells nice and works ! I can use this on my 4 year old who has sensitive skin and he has no reaction and I believe that due to Tarte’s good ingredients they use in all their products. I have always loved their Cosmetics and have now ventured into their skin care. I wish for the price you got more product which is why I’m giving this 4 stars instead of 5. I would recommend this to my friends without hesitation.
ROSA M.
Nadia C.
New Britain, CT
Does this work well with foundation over it?
Katherine G.
Claudia E.
Is this sunscreen last a long time
Paige K.
Fort Mill
Does this have a tint to it? And do you guys wear it under your makeup?