BY TARTE #7 in Tinted Moisturizers

Oil-free SPF 20 tinted moisturizer delivers natural, sheer-to-light coverage and non-chemical sunscreen ingredients in one skin-loving formula.

• Sodium Hyaluronate: retains moisture for optimal hydration and a refreshed appearance
  • Vitamin A: antioxidant that retains moisture and helps protect against free radical damage
  • Sugar Cane Extract: helps combat free radical damage and premature signs of aging
  • Apple Extract: supplies vitamins and nutrients to act as an antioxidant and toning agent

Product performance: Protect & perfect skin from the inside out with this vegan antioxidant SPF 20 tinted moisturizer. With a water-based formula that melts right into skin, you’ll get sheer natural coverage in three universal shades to cover the look of uneven skin tone, dark spots and redness. You’ll also get daily defense skincare benefits with flashback-free, non-chemical sunscreen ingredients and a hypoallergenic blend of sodium hyaluronate, vitamins and fruit extracts to visibly hydrate, soften and brighten skin while protecting against environmental attack.

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 5%, zinc oxide 5%

Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, glycerin, dimethicone, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, phenoxyethanol, mica, boron nitride, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, sodium chloride, phytantriol, kaolin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, palmitic acid, dextrin palmitate, sodium hyaluronate, hexylene glycol, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, methicone, butylene glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, calcium sodium phosphosilicate, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, camellia oleifera leaf extract, panax ginseng root extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, iron oxides.

• I use sunscreen every day but I would like to use something that ...1 Answers
  • How good is this?1 Answers
  • How is this tinted moisturizer on dry skin?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "i love tints moisturizer especially if it has spf. my only qualm with this is that if you have oily skin or big pores, your skin might not respond well to this. i don't use this every day." in 12 reviews
  • "because i have oily/combination skin, i have always thought that tinted moisturizer would made my skin very oily and shiny. i have used this one for 3 months now and i can get over how amazing it is. light coverage, hydrating but not greasy (i set it with a powder), stays all day and i still can't feel it on my face after 10 hours of wear. it is very light, so if you want more coverage than just something that "erase" redness, you'll want to use a concealer on top. i apply it with my hands and it blends well. i find that this is transfert proof because i blot a lot during summertime and that was never a problem. my only issue is the shade selection. the light-medium was good for summer but i fear that the light shade will be to dark during winter since it sets a little bit darker.

[product:tarte-tarteguard-20-tinted-moisturizer] " in 10 reviews
Venessa R.
Castaic, CA
Review for: Light more...
Alright... so I'm not going to lie... this is my very first makeup review EVER. I'm extremely picky when it comes to makeup, but this tinted moisturizer by Tarte was just something I had to share my experience about. Well here is going.... I am in LOVE with this product!! I have combination skin. I live out in California so people from here you know we tend to have more of dry heat then anything so I am a person who likes to be moisturized. Unfortunately, in the summer, my t-zone gets oily... this Tarteguard Tinted Moisturizer is flawless. Now you would think it would leave you a bit dewy or oily, but I have had NO problem so far. I have been wearing it for the past week a long with the mineral powder and it is amazing. I stay matte throughout my 9 hr work day with no reapplying of any sort, but it's not something that makes me feel dry. I have recommended this to quite a bit of people already who have skin like me and they love it as well. I definitely recommend trying and I definitely will be repurchasing. That's Tarte for making such amazing products.
Rachel O.
Akron, OH
Review for: Medium more...
I don't usually like tinted moisturizer but I love this one. I got the medium shade in a travel set from Tarte and it's a darker shade than I need but I am able to still make it work. I feel like for a tinted moisturizer it has pretty full coverage which I appreciate. I have a neutral skin tone and unlike many of Tarte's other products this doesn't look orange on me. It is a nice option for days when I'm in a hurry or at work and need to spruce up quickly. I get moisture, sun protection, and some coverage with on easy application. I usually use this with a skin corrector powder first and it looks great.
Zerlaine P.
Miami
Review for: Light-Medium more...
Even my Mom noticed! She said, "Your makeup is beautiful ...". Others said, "Did you tan today?" and "You look so fresh!"
Light deflecting pigment that blends in. And I feel it so moisturizing and light. My skin feels healthy after cleansing too.
I am in LOVE with this product.
Maria P.
Review for: Medium more...
My face does get protection from this tinted tarteguard, and gives a sheer coverage, but I feel like this medium shade gives me a peachy look I wish it had more of a yellow tone to it. My biggest problem with tarte was there shades never matched me cause of that peach tone. I also feel like this stuff takes a while to blend nicely into the skin. I got a sample of this stuff in my Sephora play box, but I wouldnt purchase full size after using the sample. Didn't do much else for my skin just protected my skin from the sun which is good but I would have liked for it to cover my redness and dark spots more.
Michelle K.
Columbus, OH
Review for: Medium more...
I used the original tarteguard and enjoyed the benefits of that sunscreen (although it was a bit liquid for my taste) so I definitely wanted to try this tinted moisturizer. I'm typically a "medium" in all of tarte's foundations, a purchased the same shade in this sunscreen. It's definitely a lot lighter and cooler than any of the other foundations they have, so I would have preferred using the medium-tan shade, however it didn't seem to make too much of a difference since I strongly felt that this needed to be set with a pressed powder in order to help with the dry-time. I did enjoy this product, but I don't think it works well on its own
Hallie B.
Jefferson, NC
Review for: Medium more...
I got this from Sephora as part of a Play! bag. It goes on smoothly, and with really good coverage to be a tinted moisturizer! I like the fact that it has sunscreen built in. It's pricey, which is my only reason I won't be buying any soon, but I'd love to get more sometime!
Brittany R.
Wallingford, CT
Review for: Light-Medium, Medium, Light more...
The Tarte Tarteguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer is definitely great for combination skin that can often be problematic-- but it wasn't my absolute favorite. The price definitely wasn't worth it as I realized it didn't totally cover my redness or my dark spots. It is good- just not great.
Allie✞ L.
Thompsons Stn, TN
Review for: Light-Medium, Medium more...
I love how hydrated this makes my dry skin feel. It's really great underneath make up. It is very to apply as it blends out easily and doesn't clump under liquid foundation. It has very sheer coverage so I wouldn't use it alone. It's super great because it gives you the sunscreen that you need on the daily and it moisturizes your skin as a prep before your foundation. I would definitely recommend to others, I just wish there were more colors to choose from.
Meagan S.
Highland, UT
So good for no makeup makeup days! It has sunscreen too so it’s perfect for days spent outside! It has a nice coverage for being a tinted moisturizer too! It’s also sweat proof which is also good for days spent outside in the summer
Abby K.
Review for: Light-Medium more...
My mom got this just for some color, coverage, hydration, and spf and it looked beautiful on the skin! It applied very very well. It looked very natural but amazing! Doent feel like anything on the skin!!!! 🤗
Emma B.
Coopersburg, PA
Is the light shade light enough for fair skin?
Von o.
I wonder if this thing last long?
Raisean R.
The Colony, TX
Has anyone my skin tone or darker been able to use the darkest shade without looking ghostly? I've noticed that the darkest shade is pretty light and am not sure if it would be a good match for me.
Kelsey S.
randolph
What level of coverage is this? Will this work alone as a foundation?
Denisha D.
Does it last throughout the day?