BY TARTE #8 in Tinted Moisturizers

Oil-free SPF 20 tinted moisturizer delivers natural, sheer-to-light coverage and non-chemical sunscreen ingredients in one skin-loving formula.

• Sodium Hyaluronate: retains moisture for optimal hydration and a refreshed appearance
  • Vitamin A: antioxidant that retains moisture and helps protect against free radical damage
  • Sugar Cane Extract: helps combat free radical damage and premature signs of aging
  • Apple Extract: supplies vitamins and nutrients to act as an antioxidant and toning agent

Product performance: Protect & perfect skin from the inside out with this vegan antioxidant SPF 20 tinted moisturizer. With a water-based formula that melts right into skin, you’ll get sheer natural coverage in three universal shades to cover the look of uneven skin tone, dark spots and redness. You’ll also get daily defense skincare benefits with flashback-free, non-chemical sunscreen ingredients and a hypoallergenic blend of sodium hyaluronate, vitamins and fruit extracts to visibly hydrate, soften and brighten skin while protecting against environmental attack.

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 5%, zinc oxide 5%

Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, glycerin, dimethicone, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, phenoxyethanol, mica, boron nitride, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, sodium chloride, phytantriol, kaolin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, palmitic acid, dextrin palmitate, sodium hyaluronate, hexylene glycol, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, methicone, butylene glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, calcium sodium phosphosilicate, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, camellia oleifera leaf extract, panax ginseng root extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, iron oxides.

Buy on Sephora
  • "i love tints moisturizer especially if it has spf. my only qualm with this is that if you have oily skin or big pores, your skin might not respond well to this. i don't use this every day." in 12 reviews
  • "because i have oily/combination skin, i have always thought that tinted moisturizer would made my skin very oily and shiny. i have used this one for 3 months now and i can get over how amazing it is. light coverage, hydrating but not greasy (i set it with a powder), stays all day and i still can't feel it on my face after 10 hours of wear. it is very light, so if you want more coverage than just something that "erase" redness, you'll want to use a concealer on top. i apply it with my hands and it blends well. i find that this is transfert proof because i blot a lot during summertime and that was never a problem. my only issue is the shade selection. the light-medium was good for summer but i fear that the light shade will be to dark during winter since it sets a little bit darker.

[product:tarte-tarteguard-20-tinted-moisturizer] " in 10 reviews
Venessa R.
Castaic, CA
Review for: Light more...
Alright... so I'm not going to lie... this is my very first makeup review EVER. I'm extremely picky when it comes to makeup, but this tinted moisturizer by Tarte was just something I had to share my experience about. Well here is going.... I am in LOVE with this product!! I have combination skin. I live out in California so people from here you know we tend to have more of dry heat then anything so I am a person who likes to be moisturized. Unfortunately, in the summer, my t-zone gets oily... this Tarteguard Tinted Moisturizer is flawless. Now you would think it would leave you a bit dewy or oily, but I have had NO problem so far. I have been wearing it for the past week a long with the mineral powder and it is amazing. I stay matte throughout my 9 hr work day with no reapplying of any sort, but it's not something that makes me feel dry. I have recommended this to quite a bit of people already who have skin like me and they love it as well. I definitely recommend trying and I definitely will be repurchasing. That's Tarte for making such amazing products.
Kathy N.
Review for: Light-Medium more...
I want to give this 5 stars because this is the best tinted moisturizer I've ever used for many reasons, but had to knock down two stars for two huge no-no's.

Pros: Amazing coverage for a moisturizer, and even better than some of my foundations. So easy to blend and feels as heavy as a sunscreen but not a foundation.

Cons: I mean come on, there's 3 shades. It's not one of those things that just blend in with your natural color either. The most you can do is get as close as you can and work it. The biggest flaw of all is the OXIDATION. It literally oxidizes within 2 to 3 minutes of wear. This is the only thing making this product look like actual makeup on my face otherwise it would have been perfect.
Rachel O.
Akron, OH
Review for: Medium more...
I don't usually like tinted moisturizer but I love this one. I got the medium shade in a travel set from Tarte and it's a darker shade than I need but I am able to still make it work. I feel like for a tinted moisturizer it has pretty full coverage which I appreciate. I have a neutral skin tone and unlike many of Tarte's other products this doesn't look orange on me. It is a nice option for days when I'm in a hurry or at work and need to spruce up quickly. I get moisture, sun protection, and some coverage with on easy application. I usually use this with a skin corrector powder first and it looks great.
Maria P.
Review for: Medium more...
My face does get protection from this tinted tarteguard, and gives a sheer coverage, but I feel like this medium shade gives me a peachy look I wish it had more of a yellow tone to it. My biggest problem with tarte was there shades never matched me cause of that peach tone. I also feel like this stuff takes a while to blend nicely into the skin. I got a sample of this stuff in my Sephora play box, but I wouldnt purchase full size after using the sample. Didn't do much else for my skin just protected my skin from the sun which is good but I would have liked for it to cover my redness and dark spots more.
Holly c.
I use this product in the summer when a full face of makeup isn't ideal in hot humid weather. The coverage is good enough to even out the skin tone without being noticeable and it worked well with my oily skin. My only complaint is that I cannot use it under any other face makeup because it tends to roll up and flake if it is worked too much with a brush or blender.
cassandra g.
LYNN, MA
Tarte goes above and beyond with every product they make. This has been a top fav that I keep in my makeup box for the summer. Especially when I try not to wear a lot of foundation during the heat months. Worth every dime. Makes your face feel light and it's has a light coverage. Love it. tarte Tarteguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
Review for: Light more...
I have received several sample size bottles of this with beauty subscription boxes. It’s too oily for my dry skin and always ends up sliding all over my face and oxidation sets in. I’m pretty fair skinned and even the light turns orange on me. It doesn’t have any flash back though. I wish it would adhere better and not change shade!
marisa l.
Valrico fl
I live in Florida, and on days that i dont really feel like caking up my face I like to use this only, it leaves such a nice color on my face and its so smooth, even when i do use foundation I like to mix some of this into my foundation. Whenever i use this my skin feels so healthy; I love going to the beach wearing this
Michelle K.
Columbus, OH
Review for: Medium more...
I used the original tarteguard and enjoyed the benefits of that sunscreen (although it was a bit liquid for my taste) so I definitely wanted to try this tinted moisturizer. I'm typically a "medium" in all of tarte's foundations, a purchased the same shade in this sunscreen. It's definitely a lot lighter and cooler than any of the other foundations they have, so I would have preferred using the medium-tan shade, however it didn't seem to make too much of a difference since I strongly felt that this needed to be set with a pressed powder in order to help with the dry-time. I did enjoy this product, but I don't think it works well on its own
Haley O.
Evans, GA
I love this tinted moisturizer! I always bring it on vacation with me and use it when i dont feel like putting on a thick heavy foundation. It works just as great and has spf in it! The only thing i wish they had are more diverse colors. Right now they dont have that many for more lighter/fair skinned faces.
Emma B.
Coopersburg, PA
Is the light shade light enough for fair skin?
Von o.
I wonder if this thing last long?
Raisean R.
The Colony, TX
Has anyone my skin tone or darker been able to use the darkest shade without looking ghostly? I've noticed that the darkest shade is pretty light and am not sure if it would be a good match for me.
Vanessa G.
is this good for dry skin?
Kelsey S.
randolph
What level of coverage is this? Will this work alone as a foundation?