3 colors available

BY TARTE #3 in Tinted Moisturizers

Oil-free SPF 20 tinted moisturizer delivers natural, sheer-to-light coverage and non-chemical sunscreen ingredients in one skin-loving formula.

• Sodium Hyaluronate: retains moisture for optimal hydration and a refreshed appearance
  • Vitamin A: antioxidant that retains moisture and helps protect against free radical damage
  • Sugar Cane Extract: helps combat free radical damage and premature signs of aging
  • Apple Extract: supplies vitamins and nutrients to act as an antioxidant and toning agent

Product performance: Protect & perfect skin from the inside out with this vegan antioxidant SPF 20 tinted moisturizer. With a water-based formula that melts right into skin, you’ll get sheer natural coverage in three universal shades to cover the look of uneven skin tone, dark spots and redness. You’ll also get daily defense skincare benefits with flashback-free, non-chemical sunscreen ingredients and a hypoallergenic blend of sodium hyaluronate, vitamins and fruit extracts to visibly hydrate, soften and brighten skin while protecting against environmental attack.

Active Ingredients: titanium dioxide 5%, zinc oxide 5%

Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, glycerin, dimethicone, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, phenoxyethanol, mica, boron nitride, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, sodium chloride, phytantriol, kaolin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, palmitic acid, dextrin palmitate, sodium hyaluronate, hexylene glycol, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, methicone, butylene glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, calcium sodium phosphosilicate, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, camellia oleifera leaf extract, panax ginseng root extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, iron oxides.

• How is this tinted moisturizer on dry skin?1 Answers
  • What level of coverage is this? Will this work alone as a foundation?1 Answers
  • I wonder if this thing last long?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Alyssa V.
Alyssa V.
Pawtucket, RI
Review for: Medium
Tarte has done an amazing job with this tinted moisturizer with an amazing bonus SPF 20, just in time for Summer!! This moisturizer is creamy in texture very similiar but lighter than their Amazonian Clay Liquid Foundation with extremely minimal scent which just smells like a normal cream. A little goes a long way, they did not hold out on the tinted aspect as there is light-medium coverage that blends easily and sinks into the skin nicely which is perfect for me because I feel more comfortable with a little makeup on my face at the beach, poolside, whatever! I have worn this under makeup and it does not cause any oxidizing to itself or other products I put on top of it, does not leave your face oily or greasy, will not block pores, the only reason I gave it 4 stars is because it could be a bit more moisturizing. I have yet to use this under my eyes because I feel like it may settle into my fine lines. tarte Tarteguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer
Vane G.
Vane G.
Hialeah, FL
Review for: Medium
Such an easy product to use and keep in your make up bag. Sometimes you don't want to wear make up but you need a little coverage but don't have time for a no make up- make up look (lets me real we always get carried away). I love tinted moisturizers for those days and when you are just going to the gym or the beach but still don't want to look like you just woke up pale af. I wear the shade Medium. At first the texture seems like its a little thick creamy feeling but its actually not; and it blends out super quick without getting blotchy anywhere. good stuff and it works well when I have worn it to the pool and beach without spotting so it's a keeper for me.
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Wilson, WY
I love Tarte because their products aren't full of harmful ingredients. I will wear this with a little bit of under-eye concealer and sometimes a bit of blush or bronzer and highlighter for no make-up days. I love this product because it evens out my skin tone, provides medium coverage and it doesn't feel like I have make-up on at all but my skin looks flawless. I use Tarte's airbrush foundation brush with it and it looks fabulous. Even if they don't have your exact skin tone, I have found that once it is properly blended in, it looks fabulous. I just squeeze some product onto the top of my hand and use the foundation brush to apply it. This product doesn't make my face oily or break me out and leaves my face with a matte finish all day (even without setting powder).
Genavieve L.
Genavieve L.
Review for: Light
This product is perfect for dry skin! And if you want a little extra coverage, mix in some concealer! I use this tinted moisturizer mixed with the shape tape concealer from tarte and it works sooo perfect for me! It never cakes up because it's a moisturizer, and it's also sweat proof. So I can go to the gym and sweat like crazy, and then go out afterwards because my makeup is still amazingly in tact. It also has spf in it which just puts the icing on the cake. This is PERFECT for the summer! The only catch is that there's only three shades available. I have very fair skin, so there's not a shade to match me. But what I do is mix the lightest shade (light) in with the lightest shade of shape tape concealer by tarte in the shade fair. And I can mix them together to get my perfect shade with just enough coverage. What's good about that is if I get a tan, I can alter the shade by putting more moisturizer and less concealer. I absolutely love this product and I'm hoping they'll come out with more shades in the future!
Mary anne M.
Mary anne M.
West Covina, CA
Review for: Medium
Tarte Guard is a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20. It's incredibly lightweight. I once forgot to bring my  tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation with me & only had Tarte Guard on hand. I had to apply a little extra concealer in trouble spots, but it did the job. I have very oily skin, but Tarte Guard stayed matte ALL DAY. I was really impressed by it. I might even consider opting for just Tarte Guard when my skin  doesn't need extra coverage. You don't need to set it with powder, but you can. You can also contour over it with powder products if you want. I've seen it used for when people are going on an outdoor run & want some coverage from the sun. It didn't clog my pores & looks safe for use when working out.
Erica L.
Erica L.
Hagerman, NM
Review for: Medium
I have been looking for a tinted moisturizer that actually gives some color for quite awhile. I saw this in Sephora and was able to get a sample.
I can say this is hands down one of the best tinted moisturizers I have used. The color blended seamlessly and my face felt as if I had applied a light weight moisturizer. I didn't get terribly oily through my t-zone which can be a problem.
I did apply a light powder over to set it and my face actually held up well for most of the day.
The fact that it has SPF in it is also a plus and I can use this under a foundation as well. I have found I use less foundation when I do. Adding a touch of bronzer gives you a finished look without looking made-up.
I was so impressed I purchased the full size before my sample ran out.
Maggie O.
Maggie O.
Dallas, TX
I can't figure out why more people aren't talking about this product! While the SPF is low at 20, it's still better than no SPF and is easily layered with your favorite sunscreen. I have combination skin, but I think that it would work for most skin types. The shade range isn't extensive, but it blends out so flawlessly that you can get away with a number of shades in the range without looking crazy. The light-medium shade does have yellow undertones, but again, the sheer formula allows it to work on many shade types. It lasts all day with a swipe of my Laura Mercier loose setting on top, but fades a little if I don't set it at all. It's perfect for those light make up days or to throw on before you head to the beach if you want a little extra coverage!
Natalie C.
Natalie C.
Cleveland, TN
Review for: Light
Tarte did such a great job with this moisturizer! During hot summer months I really don't like to wear a lot on my face, so tinted moisturizers are my go-to. I love how thin this formula is, it truly feels like I barely have anything on my face. For something as thin as it is, it provides pretty good coverage and holds well all day. I wore this yesterday from 7:30 am-4:30 am and I still looked just as good at 4:30 as I did when I put it on. I have pretty oily skin and I can honestly say I don't have to keep powdering my face every few hours, it keeps me looking dewy and fresh-faced all day without any greasiness. I would highly recommend this for all skin types!
Jacqueline B.
Jacqueline B.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Medium
I got a sample from Sephora from this and I'm very happy with the product. I wish it had a higher spf just because this tinted moisturizer is perfect for everyday use when you don't want to put makeup on or foundation in specific. It has a very sheer coverage but it still evens skin tone nicely to the point where I feel comfortable just using this one to go run errands, hiking, beach etc. Texture feels heavy while applying but once it melts with the skin it feels lightweight and hydrating.
Christy B.
Christy B.
Des Moines, IA
Review for: Medium, Light
I got a smaller size in the shade medium as part of a kit and even though it is a little dark for me, I made due until I bought it in the shade light. I loooove this for summer. It has physical spf that doesn't break me out and the coverage is fairly customizable. If you use a sponge it is very light coverage. I prefer to use a dense foundation brush to get a more medium natural coverage. It looks sooo good on the skin and even with powder, it just looks great. It doesn't look cakey, isn't greasy, and doesn't break up throughout the day like other similar products I have tried. This is a summer must have!
Emma B.
Emma B.
Coopersburg, PA
Is the light shade light enough for fair skin?
Raisean R.
Raisean R.
The Colony, TX
Has anyone my skin tone or darker been able to use the darkest shade without looking ghostly? I've noticed that the darkest shade is pretty light and am not sure if it would be a good match for me.
ivon o.
ivon o.
I wonder if this thing last long?
Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.
randolph
What level of coverage is this? Will this work alone as a foundation?
Samantha W.
Samantha W.
Henryetta, OK
Is this any good? And will it cause breakouts?