BY TARTE #5 in Makeup Palettes

limited-edition, full face palette co-created with YouTube personality @grav3yardgirl.

Limited-edition shades include:

• #SFS (rose gold)
  • Natural peaches (peachy nude)
  • Dogman (burnt sienna)
  • Big baby (cream)
  • Sassy bun (copper peach)
  • Sippy sippy (glittery brown)
  • Haunting (lavender)
  • Uncommon (purple slate)
  • Mancat (deep plum)
  • Sweet tea (bronzer)
  • Gator wings (highlighter)
  • Does this thing really work (blush)

Eyeshadow net wt 1g / 0.035 Oz x 9, Blush net wt 3.2g / 0.11 Oz, Highlight net wt 3.2g / 0.11 Oz, Bronzer net wt 3.2g / 0.11 Oz

#SFS Ingredients: Mica, talc, ethylhexyl palmitate, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, carmine (CI 75470), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).

Natural Peaches Ingredients: Talc, mica, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, carmine (CI 75470), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Dogman Ingredients: Mica, talc, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, sodium dehydroacetate, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, tin oxide, carmine (CI 75470), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Big Baby Ingredients: Talc, mica, boron nitride, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, carmine (CI 75470), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Sassy Bun Ingredients: Mica, ethylhexyl palmitate, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, talc, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, tin oxide, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, carmine (CI 75470), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140).

Sippy Sippy Ingredients: Talc, mica, silica, synthetic fluorphlogopite, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ultramarines (CI 77007).

Haunting Ingredients: Talc, mica, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, tin oxide, carmine (CI 75470), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ultramarines (CI 77007), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163).

Uncommon Ingredients: Mica, talc, ethylhexyl palmitate, silica, calcium aluminum borosilicate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, tin oxide, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, carmine (CI 75470), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

Mancat Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, mica, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, carmine (CI 75470), manganese violet (CI 77742), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ultramarines (CI 77007), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Gator Wings Ingredients: Mica, ethylhexyl palmitate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, talc, zinc stearate, boron nitride, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, silica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491).

Does This Thing Really Work? Ingredients: Mica, talc, ethylhexyl palmitate, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, synthetic fluorphlogopite, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, tin oxide, kaolin, manganese violet (CI 77742), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ultramarines (CI 77007), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), red 7 lake (CI 15850).

Sweet Tea Ingredients: Mica, talc, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, silica, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla plantifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

• tarte Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette with Brush is this anyone e...2 Answers
  • I think a lot of tarte palettes are hit or miss when it comes to ...1 Answers
  • Doesn't it smell good? I love the packaging 4 Answers
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Ms State, MS
This palette is okay, but mainly for the eyeshadows. It has beautiful eyeshadow shades, suited for all skin tones. One shade (Dogman) is a deep brown with glitter, but I find that the glitter disappears if you blend the color. Otherwise, the shadows are good. I love how large the mirror it comes with is! It's so great for travel, as it isn't TOO big, but holds enough shades to make it versatile. The bronzer is slightly more orange, especially if your skin has more neutral or cool undertones. The blush is not matte, but still a stunning and wildly pigmented color. The biggest complaint I have is the glitter fallout from the highlighter is absolutely insane and it is insanely chunky. Honestly, the highlighter, blush, and bronzer are all very powdery and tend to dust up quite ridiculously when you run a brush over them. If you take a brush to the highlighter and tap it off, you end up with virtually no color. I like to take a small amount on my brush and tap it before applying just in case. I bought this because I support Bunny and I absolutely do not regret it because I know that she put a lot of work and care into this, but unfortunately, it's just okay.
Jamie W.
Jamie W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Oh my this palette is so cute! I love Bunny and I watch all of her videos. Her videos are really entertaining. I subscribed to her like within the last year and I love her so much! Her eye colors caught me to watch her videos from looking at a thumbnail because her eye color was just unusual looking. Her eyes are bright blue and it definitely caught my attention to begin watching her videos. You just rarely ever see that. So that caught me to click on her video to see her eyes, and right away she entertained me with her paranormal videos. The name of the eyeshadows are the names that relate to her or her videos whoch is so cute. My favorite eyeshadow color is Dogman. All the colors in the palette are very pigmented. Highly pigmented. Sadly this palette is limited edition. The colors are sooo beautiful to not purchase. I might buy another one in case 1 of my colors begin to get low. The palette comes with blushes and eyeshadows. Comes with a double sides brush. A full mirror with a quote. The palette itself has a nice texture of a wood.
Emme C.
Emme C.
BELLINGHAM, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE THIS PALETTE!!! It has so many nice shades! There are 9 eyeshadows. The top row has beautiful cool toned pink gold shimmer shade, then the MOST PERFECT transition shade (peachy color) and my new obsession, RED. The middle row has a great base cream color, a shimmery gold shade and a beautiful brown matte shade with gold glitter chunks! The bottom row is purple themed, including a soft light purple, a light purple shimmer, and a deep purple! The bronzer is very nice and pigmented, the blush is a little dark for my pale skin, but if you use a light hand it's great. The highlight is stunning but you have to use a light hand or you'll have a ton of glitter on your face! All products blend beautifully!
The packaging is amazing, it literally smells so sweet! The brush is nice, easy to apply eyeshadow. The mirror is huge. The only complaint I have is that the pans do seem a little small. I've almost hit pan on one shade!
I bought this directly from Tarte's website the day it came out.
Karri M.
Karri M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love Grav3yardgirl so I had to buy this.

The good: The shadows all blend really well. The pigmentation is great. The darker shades aren't patchy at all. The shadows are all really soft, so it's easy to get color onto your brush and your eyes. The color selection is pretty versatile and wearable.

The "eh": The shadows can sometimes be powdery. I wish there was another mid-tone matte shade besides Natural Peaches (maybe a cool toned one to go with the shadows on the bottom row). I find that the pans for the face products are an awkward size for me to get my face brushes into. The bronzer is a little orange, but not too bad. The highlight is very beautiful, but it has large glitter particles, so if you don't want a super intense highlight, it may not suit your tastes.

On the whole, the palette is one of the more high quality ones that Tarte has done lately. I'm really happy with it, and it's something that I can use often. It would make a really nice travel palette as well.
Diana I.
Diana I.
Corp Christi, TX
This was the first high-end eye and cheek palette I have ever purchased and am now in love with tarte cosmetics. The pigmentation on the shadows is fantastic. There is a tiny bit of fallout, which is kind of annoying, but I started spraying my brushes with a bit of setting spray. That problem is no more and I feel it also helps with shadow application. The palette does come with a shadow brush that's ok. My two favorite shadows are dogman and sassy bun. I love the way the shadows are laid out because it gave me a starting point in creating looks. I used each row as a trio. As for the bronzer, blush, and highlighter; a little goes a long way. I have tan skin with red undertones and the bronzer shows up really well even with just a little bit of product. It looks a bit orangey in the pot but on my face it looks fine. I absolutely love the wood grain finish of the packaging design. There is also an inspirational message on the mirror inside which I thought was a cute touch.
Jay M.
Jay M.
Sacramento , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently got this palette and I cannot stop using it! The colors blend together beautifully. My favorite eyeshadow color is Dogman. Super pigmented! The colors last for days, literally! I recently went out of town for two days and I did not remove my makeup. I know that's horrible.... I don't recommend it. But I have to say these shadows did not budge. I used a primer underneath from Urban Decay (anti-aging) and I used the Up All Night setting spray from Urban Decay as well. 2 days later my eyeshadow was still on and looking halfway decent. I was absolutely amazed and blown away. Gator wings is a highlighter you can see from the heavens. It is gorgeous on the top of your cheekbones or for a more sparkly look, try using it under the brow bone. This pallet smells delicious as well, right on point with the chocolate bar palette. The first day I wore it I told my husband to smell my face. He immediately licked my eyelid! No lie...lol Love Bunny (the creator) as well!
Lacey M.
Lacey M.
Modesto
This pallet is a MUST HAVE!I'll admit I own several Tarte eyeshadow pallets that I don't use and am not in love with,However this pallet surprised me in such a great way,first the packaging is very different and cute and cool for us make up collectors. Secondly, the smell is delightful soon as I opened it I could smell the yummy scent.thirdly The PIGMENTATION omgee yessss girl yesss!I barley had to dip my brush into the Dog man shade and it shocked me how much pigmented it was,I had to really blend it down/out and you don't need much product at all.A little definitely goes along way with this pallet,and I really love the little gold sparkles in the dog man and the sippy sippy shade,I love the gator wings and seriously every shade in this pallet,the only thing I wasn't crazy for was the brush,it could be better and softer.I personally don't use the brush that comes in the pallet but it's just a brush lol. All in all this is one of my #1 Favorite pallets♡
Tiffani H.
Tiffani H.
Hanford, CA
I bought this palette because I love Bunny. For everything you're getting (nine eye shadows and three face powders), this palette is priced very well. I love how smoothly everything applies and blends.
However, I'm only giving it a four (I'd give it a 4.5 if I could) because I don't know if it's just my palette but my highlighter is very flakey? It just looks flakey in the pan, and if you try to put a brush in it it kicks up what looks like loose glitter everywhere. It applies smoothly, and if you swatch it with a finger onto your hand it looks smooth. It's just like the pan didn't get pressed right or something? Otherwise the color is beautiful.
The bronzer is fairly warm and does have visible sparkle in the pan, though the sparkle doesn't seem to completely transfer when you search it or apply it with a brush. But if you're thinking you were going to contour with it than you should know that it is a bronzer in the traditional definition of the term.
Kelli S.
Kelli S.
El Paso, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this palette. I actually prefer the formula of this palette over my two Tartelettes. I find it to be more blendable than the Tartelettes. It smells really good. Like vanilla. The highlight in it is absolutely awesome! I also think the blush is a really flattering colour. All of the colours have great pigmentation. The shade Dogman is so so good. SO pigmented. I love how easy this palette is to work with. I attached a photo of three of the colours swatched on my arm with no primer. I find that the bronzer in it is too orange for my skin tone to be used as a bronzer, however it works great as an eyeshadow for me! Most of the shades are either shimmery or glittery. The glittery shades have just the right amount of glitter. The glittery ones can still be used on the crease without accentuating any fine lines. The foiled shimmer shades are best to be used on the lid but that goes for any foiled shades in any palette.
Mariah R.
Mariah R.
Eden Prairie, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I have to preface this review by saying that I didn't buy this, just swatched it in store. I feel like some of the colors were a little chalky (sometimes I feel like certain colors from Tarte can be like this), but certain colors were very buttery. So I feel like the consistency between formulas could've been a little better. A lot of the colors were super pigmented, and I like that it has a highlight/blush/bronzer along with eyeshadows. That makes it a very travel-friendly product. However, I felt like the colors didn't work well with my fair skin (I know Bunny is fair skinned too, but I feel like our undertones might be different). I have a really hard time wearing shades that are orange, and I feel like several colors in the palette weren't the best for me so I decided to skip on getting it. I know that it's limited edition, so if you are interested, I suggest going to the store and swatching it if possible before buying.
Diane M.
Diane M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this pallet worth the hype are the colors pigmented is there a lot of fallout The colors are very pretty but they seem very neutral
Hollyn C.
Hollyn C.
Is the highlighter nice?
Ida C.
Ida C.
I've been following bonnie for quite sometime and I love her but I've Heard mixed reviews about this palette can anyone tell me hows the pay up with the eyeshadows?
Annamarie J.
Annamarie J.
Bronx, NY
I have heard so much hype over this Grav3yardgirl Swamp Queen Palette!. I've been extra interested in this product due to the fact that it sells as a palette you can cover your entire makeup look with. From eyeshadow to bronzer and blush. I wanted to know honestly how is the highlight that comes with this? I'm in great need of an awesome highlighter and am very fair skinned. Even more so then Bunny :)
Mikayla K.
Mikayla K.
Vancouver , BC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Debating whether to get this or not. It's kind of pricey and has mixed reviews... Is it worth the money? It's about $60 here in Canada.