BY TARTE #47 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Silky translucent, vegan finishing powder with naturally balancing Amazonian clay to reduce shine & enhance your makeup

• Amazonian clay: acts as a total skin balancer by hydrating & reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin, while removing surface oil & improving overall skin clarity & texture

Product performance: This microfine loose, invisible clay powder blends effortlessly into any skin tone to set your foundation to a breathable matte finish without chalky residue or flashback. The secret’s in the clay – it naturally balances all skin types to absorb oil, minimize the appearance of pores & make your makeup last without flaking or clinging to dry patches. You can also use the oil free formula as an undereye baking or treatment powder – Amazonian clay will absorb shine to reveal a smooth, soft-focus finish.

Ingredients: Silica, talc, polymethylsilsesquioxane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, kaolin.

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without glute.

Made in China.

• Which setting powder is your favorite? mine is tarte Smooth Opera...4 Answers
  • Does this have flashback?1 Answers
  • How much would you recommend this powder? And why? I haven't hea...2 Answers
Jeanna J.
tarte Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

I can't say enough good things about this powder. #1 its cruelty free!!! #2 no flashback!!!!
I put this on after I conceal to bake with then lightly swipe away with a very fluffy tapered powder brush . It helps everything not settle into my "fine lines". My smile lines are crazy so are my " 11's " or expression lines/forehead lines from squinting over half my life. And I am 29...
I got a sample in my #ipsy bag and haven't turned back since. It also helps my pores not look as large as they actually are if I don't feel like wearing foundation. THIS STUFF MAKES EVERYTHING LOOK SO SMOOTH AND SOFT. IT'S BLURRING ABILITY MAKES ME LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A NATURAL FILTER ON Muh Face! LOVE!

#Tarte #Translucent #noflashback #blurring #smooth #CrueltyFree #LoosePowder #Bake #faves #mymakeupbag #Powder #amazonianclay #makeup #Boxycharm #Ipsy #Ulta #Sephora #facebake #BestMakeup
Stephanie C.
I used this powder for over a year and am still using it sometimes. I have the small "travel" size and its lasted me this long, and I still have about a 1/4th of it left. Its a perfect, lightweight powder for setting the face. I use this under the eyes and lightly on my tzone and the rest of my face. Products apply smoothly over and it helps to blur my pores. It is a completely translucent powder that does not give extra coverage or color at all. It is super finely milled and lightweight and never has looked cakey on me. This has been my go-to for about a year, so I have nothing bad to say about it!
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I really liked this when I first tried it, but for some reason didn't wow me, so I returned it.i think it left a white cast on my face and made me look dry and cakey. I am actually not a big fan of Tarte foundations I've tried or powders. I do have the Amazonian clay powder as well and wish I could return it. I'm sure it'll be sitting around for years to come until maybe I find someone with the same skin tone to give it to. Unfortunately. Anyway.. this was my first setting powder I ever purchased, but I'm loving the cover fx I've got. Really not worth the price.
Lindsey P.
Muskegon , MI
Tarte Smooth Operator loose finishing powder is the first type of finishing powder product that I ever tried, thanks to an Ipsy Glam bag I received years ago. Good one to start with that's for sure and it started my addiction. It does exactly what you want a loose finishing powder to do for you, keeps your makeup set in place, controls a "normal" amount of oil on normal skin types and best of all, blurs fine lines, pores and any texture, leaving your skin looking airbrushed. I love how light and fine tis powder is and it never looks cakey on me!
Wendy C.
I love this loose setting powder!!! I’ve been using this for a long time and it’s always a repeat purchase.

I use this year round but love it more during the colder months when my skin goes from oily to dry. I’ve had a lot of other setting powders suck the moisture right out of my skin leaving dry spots and flakes on my face but this powder doesn’t do that!

This setting powder keeps my makeup and skin looking great for hours!!
Jocelyn M.
Okeechobee, FL
I was looking for a setting powder and a saleswoman at Sephora recommended this. She took an eyeliner pencil, drew a line on the back of her hand, and then smudged the liner with her finger. Then she repeated the mark, dusted it with the Tarte powder and it didn't smudge! I thanked her and bought it that second! I've purchased this several times and will not live without it. But remember this powder 'sets' makeup. I use MAC Blot Powder for touchups during the day. It doesn't break me out and doesn't cause a prickly feeling on my face ...only down side is it is pricey
Rachel C.
Princeton, WV
I really like this setting powder. I like that it has Amazonian Clay in it. Amazonian Clay acts as a skin balancer and it hydrates all skin types. It also reduces the appearance of dry or flaky skin. It improves the clarity and texture of your skin. It's removes surface oil and makes your skin looks matte. It makes my skin looks soft and smooth! I use it to set my concealer and foundation. It doesn't look cakey as long as I don't use too much and I blend it in well. It's a good powder. I got the deluxe size for 14.00 and It's lasted for months! It's size is 3.68 g/ 0.13 oz.
It's bigger than I thought it would be, when I purchased it. They also have a smaller sample size you can get now, for only 5.00. It's size is 2.2 g / 0.07 Oz. That's a great deal if you want their shipping, but your order total isn't enough. They have a big one for 33.00 and it's 8.5 g / 0.3 Oz. You have plenty of choices, if you just want to try it out, get one for traveling or get the big one!
Kaja S.
Wichita Falls, TX
I love this powder. It goes on light, really locks the products down underneath it, and play well with my favorite finishing spray, Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray .I recommend it to all of my friends lookin for a finishing powder. It’s light, and definitely translucent. It’s not something you can really use “too much” of, so that’s a good selling point, as well!
christine l.
Syracuse, NY
I use this powder to set my concealer. I received a sample in an Ipsy bag and when it is gone, I will definitely repurchase.  The powder is very fine and doesn't settle into my fine lines and wrinkles. I use a sponge to pat the powder in. It only takes a tiny amount. If you use too much it will leave a white cast. The smallest amount sets my concealer and it doesn't crease or budge all day.
Denisse M.
Shafter, CA
This powder is okay. I had previously used the loose one and loved it, so I decided to try the pressed one. It’s cool that it comes with a brush, but it’s kinda useless, since the powder is kind of hard to pick up with it. I’ve been using my Beauty Blender instead to pick up the powder. Once I’m through with this powder i think I’ll go back to the loose kind.
Chelsea B.
Omaha, NE
I got this product in an ipsy bag but am unsure how to use it. Is it like a primer and is put down first or is it used after? When I've tried to put it on top of my eyeshadow it's just white.
Leighann M.
Loch Sheldrke, NY
Is it worth it?
Savannah G.
Boone, NC
What does this do to the face? Is it a setting powder or how an illuminator?
Does this have flashback?
Eva C.
I just recently purchased this finishing powder but I'm a little confused on how to apply it. Should I use it to boost my highlighted areas or all over the face?