BY TARTE

Silky translucent, vegan finishing powder with naturally balancing Amazonian clay to reduce shine & enhance your makeup

• Amazonian clay: acts as a total skin balancer by hydrating & reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin, while removing surface oil & improving overall skin clarity & texture

Product performance: This microfine loose, invisible clay powder blends effortlessly into any skin tone to set your foundation to a breathable matte finish without chalky residue or flashback. The secret’s in the clay – it naturally balances all skin types to absorb oil, minimize the appearance of pores & make your makeup last without flaking or clinging to dry patches. You can also use the oil free formula as an undereye baking or treatment powder – Amazonian clay will absorb shine to reveal a smooth, soft-focus finish.

Ingredients: Silica, talc, polymethylsilsesquioxane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, kaolin.

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without glute.

Made in China.

• Which setting powder is your favorite? mine is tarte Smoo...5 Answers
  • Does anyone recommend this product? I’m looking for a new...6 Answers
  • Does this product have flashback?6 Answers
Breezy B.
San Antonio, TX
This product has some strong pros and cons, as long as you learn how to use the power to the best of its ability the reward payoff is great!

PROS:makes the skin look so smooth and flawless! Undereye crinkles...where?! Product is very finely milled and smooth operator is a very fitting title. The power does not wear off throughout the day so you’re undereyes look good all day long.

CONS: Flashback Mary. While it’s a “translucent” power, if you apply too much, the product is visible on your skin. Don’t even think about flash photos while wearing this, you will glow...and not in a good way. Also, this product is great as an undereye powder but not to set your entire face because other products (bronzer, highlighter, blush) WILL NOT sit on top of it.
Jill S.
Buffalo, NY
I had received this product as a sample size, which I was very excited about. I very soon became disappointed. The product was extremely difficult to get out of the packaging, and then when it eventually came out, only the tiniest bit came out. The bit I was able to get out and use did not do much either. It did not set my foundation correctly and left a white film over my face and just overall did not sit well. I have dry skin and an oily T zone and this powder did nothing but make those areas worse. One positive that I am able to say is that the powder was very smooth and didn't leave much residue when dropping onto my black leggings. I definitely would NOT buy a full size of this, instead a way better alternative for me would be the translucent setting powder by IT cosmetics
Stephanie C.
I used this powder for over a year and am still using it sometimes. I have the small "travel" size and its lasted me this long, and I still have about a 1/4th of it left. Its a perfect, lightweight powder for setting the face. I use this under the eyes and lightly on my tzone and the rest of my face. Products apply smoothly over and it helps to blur my pores. It is a completely translucent powder that does not give extra coverage or color at all. It is super finely milled and lightweight and never has looked cakey on me. This has been my go-to for about a year, so I have nothing bad to say about it!
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I really liked this when I first tried it, but for some reason didn't wow me, so I returned it.i think it left a white cast on my face and made me look dry and cakey. I am actually not a big fan of Tarte foundations I've tried or powders. I do have the Amazonian clay powder as well and wish I could return it. I'm sure it'll be sitting around for years to come until maybe I find someone with the same skin tone to give it to. Unfortunately. Anyway.. this was my first setting powder I ever purchased, but I'm loving the cover fx I've got. Really not worth the price.
Lindsey P.
Muskegon, MI
Tarte Smooth Operator loose finishing powder is the first type of finishing powder product that I ever tried, thanks to an Ipsy Glam bag I received years ago. Good one to start with that's for sure and it started my addiction. It does exactly what you want a loose finishing powder to do for you, keeps your makeup set in place, controls a "normal" amount of oil on normal skin types and best of all, blurs fine lines, pores and any texture, leaving your skin looking airbrushed. I love how light and fine tis powder is and it never looks cakey on me!
Meredith S.
Clinton
Talk about a FLAWLESS finish. I tried this for the first time the other day. I received it in my ipsy bag.  I always have an issue with loose powder opening and getting absolutely everywhere. Not this one, it is very easily manageable with the way the little disk opens and closes. I really think this make my pores so much smaller and less noticeable. I give this a five star rating. I love a good matte look at the end of my makeup routine, but I always make sure I have my glow from my highlighter (:
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
What a great product!
I usually avoid using finishing powder because I have dry areas on my skin. I use a spray instead because I’m afraid the powder will dry out my face even more.
I recently gave the tarte Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder a try and I am sooo impressed! Not only did it not dry my face but it made it look even better!
Tge packaging is great and so easy to use. There’s only 2 holes from which the powder goes out and that makes if super easy to get perfect amount of product on my brush without making a mess. I put a but of product all over my makeup and I’m done!
My makeup looks so put together and lasts for the whole day! My face felts so smooth and soft!
During the warmer days my face sweats and my makeup gets slightly ruined but this powder made that problem way easy to control.
Another great thing about it is that it’s completely invisible once you apply it.

I love the packaging and I’m soo glad I found this product! I’ll definitely purchase it again. Thanks Tarte!!! Another amazing product.
tatiana r.
Jacksonville, FL
Love love loveeeeeeeeeee! So I always wear a full face of makeup to work and I am always running around and getting pretty shiny because of sweat and/or oil. I tried different techniques and products to maybe prevent this from happening but nothing was really  working until i received this in my ipsy bag. I need to get another one. But a little goes a long way. I finds it works best with a fluffy powder brush to be applied all over or just your shine-prone areas, better on top of foundation.
Talia B.
Thousand Plms, CA
Not flash photography friendly, flashback is unreal! But if you plan on taking photos in natural light or a well let area you are in the clear. It gives a beautiful finish and applies nicely. It’s just got a strong white cast. So you definitely need some setting spray to melt this into the skin. I don’t really see myself repurchasing this product and don’t really recommend it. There are more affordable options with less flashback.
Jocelyn M.
Okeechobee, FL
I was looking for a setting powder and a saleswoman at Sephora recommended this. She took an eyeliner pencil, drew a line on the back of her hand, and then smudged the liner with her finger. Then she repeated the mark, dusted it with the Tarte powder and it didn't smudge! I thanked her and bought it that second! I've purchased this several times and will not live without it. But remember this powder 'sets' makeup. I use MAC Blot Powder for touchups during the day. It doesn't break me out and doesn't cause a prickly feeling on my face ...only down side is it is pricey
Chelsea B.
Omaha, NE
I got this product in an ipsy bag but am unsure how to use it. Is it like a primer and is put down first or is it used after? When I've tried to put it on top of my eyeshadow it's just white.
Leighann M.
Loch Sheldrke, NY
Is it worth it?
Savannah G.
Boone, NC
What does this do to the face? Is it a setting powder or how an illuminator?
Does this have flashback?
Tori O.
Norwich, Ct
Does anyone recommend this product? I’m looking for a new setting powder.