BY TARTE #29 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Silky translucent, vegan finishing powder with naturally balancing Amazonian clay to reduce shine & enhance your makeup

• Amazonian clay: acts as a total skin balancer by hydrating & reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin, while removing surface oil & improving overall skin clarity & texture

Product performance: This microfine loose, invisible clay powder blends effortlessly into any skin tone to set your foundation to a breathable matte finish without chalky residue or flashback. The secret’s in the clay – it naturally balances all skin types to absorb oil, minimize the appearance of pores & make your makeup last without flaking or clinging to dry patches. You can also use the oil free formula as an undereye baking or treatment powder – Amazonian clay will absorb shine to reveal a smooth, soft-focus finish.

Ingredients: Silica, talc, polymethylsilsesquioxane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, kaolin.

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without glute.

Made in China.

• Which setting powder is your favorite? mine is tarte Smooth Opera...4 Answers
  • Does this have flashback?1 Answers
  • How much would you recommend this powder? And why? I haven't hea...2 Answers
Jeanna J.
Atlanta
tarte Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

I can't say enough good things about this powder. #1 its cruelty free!!! #2 no flashback!!!!
I put this on after I conceal to bake with then lightly swipe away with a very fluffy tapered powder brush . It helps everything not settle into my "fine lines". My smile lines are crazy so are my " 11's " or expression lines/forehead lines from squinting over half my life. And I am 29...
I got a sample in my #ipsy bag and haven't turned back since. It also helps my pores not look as large as they actually are if I don't feel like wearing foundation. THIS STUFF MAKES EVERYTHING LOOK SO SMOOTH AND SOFT. IT'S BLURRING ABILITY MAKES ME LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A NATURAL FILTER ON Muh Face! LOVE!

#Tarte #Translucent #noflashback #blurring #smooth #CrueltyFree #LoosePowder #Bake #faves #mymakeupbag #Powder #amazonianclay #makeup #Boxycharm #Ipsy #Ulta #Sephora #facebake #BestMakeup
Stephanie C.
I used this powder for over a year and am still using it sometimes. I have the small "travel" size and its lasted me this long, and I still have about a 1/4th of it left. Its a perfect, lightweight powder for setting the face. I use this under the eyes and lightly on my tzone and the rest of my face. Products apply smoothly over and it helps to blur my pores. It is a completely translucent powder that does not give extra coverage or color at all. It is super finely milled and lightweight and never has looked cakey on me. This has been my go-to for about a year, so I have nothing bad to say about it!
Lindsey P.
Muskegon , MI
Tarte Smooth Operator loose finishing powder is the first type of finishing powder product that I ever tried, thanks to an Ipsy Glam bag I received years ago. Good one to start with that's for sure and it started my addiction. It does exactly what you want a loose finishing powder to do for you, keeps your makeup set in place, controls a "normal" amount of oil on normal skin types and best of all, blurs fine lines, pores and any texture, leaving your skin looking airbrushed. I love how light and fine tis powder is and it never looks cakey on me!
Jocelyn M.
Okeechobee, FL
I was looking for a setting powder and a saleswoman at Sephora recommended this. She took an eyeliner pencil, drew a line on the back of her hand, and then smudged the liner with her finger. Then she repeated the mark, dusted it with the Tarte powder and it didn't smudge! I thanked her and bought it that second! I've purchased this several times and will not live without it. But remember this powder 'sets' makeup. I use MAC Blot Powder for touchups during the day. It doesn't break me out and doesn't cause a prickly feeling on my face ...only down side is it is pricey
Wendy C.
I love this loose setting powder!!! I’ve been using this for a long time and it’s always a repeat purchase.

I use this year round but love it more during the colder months when my skin goes from oily to dry. I’ve had a lot of other setting powders suck the moisture right out of my skin leaving dry spots and flakes on my face but this powder doesn’t do that!

This setting powder keeps my makeup and skin looking great for hours!!
Raven M.
I bought this product when I bought the tarte clay powder foundation. Pairing these two together is perfect for everyday make up. I have combination skin that leans toward the oily side around my nose, but this finishing powder helps cut down on that shininess. I got this from Ulta for $33 and I would definitely buy again.
Amy D.
Raleigh, NC
I would like to give this 5 stars, but this is a weird product. I feel like I can never get this stuff to cover my face at all. It just goes everywhere. I think it effectively gets rid of shine on my face, but I have a feeling there’s a translucent powder out there that I might like more than this one.
Amanda A.
Novinger MO
I got this in a kit I bought. I am not big into setting powders but this one is light enough that it doesn't look or feel like it is weighing my face down. No odor, soft to touch does help with my t zone to hold off oil . It's a nice powder but I am always up to try something different.
Lani S.
This is the only setting powder that I have tried. I’m not a huge fan of putting powder products on my face because it really dries my skin out and makes it look flakey. Although, when i got a sample of this, I immediately went and bought a full size because I love the formula and finish!
Katelyn B.
Longwood, FL
This is my go-to setting powder. I just tap a little bit into the lid and then blend in circular motions into my face. I don’t bake (because of my skins needs). It doesn’t leave a white tint as long as I’m careful not to layer on too much (which isn’t necessary anyway) and it helps with the appearance of creasing with my under-eyes. I️ purchased because it was slightly less expensive than the Laura Mercier setting powder and I wanted to try a higher end setting powder (and I already favored tarte products). I would purchase again, but this time probably through Ulta to take advantage of their reward points.
Chelsea B.
Omaha, NE
I got this product in an ipsy bag but am unsure how to use it. Is it like a primer and is put down first or is it used after? When I've tried to put it on top of my eyeshadow it's just white.
Leighann M.
Loch Sheldrke, NY
Is it worth it?
Savannah G.
Boone, NC
What does this do to the face? Is it a setting powder or how an illuminator?
Does this have flashback?
Eva C.
I just recently purchased this finishing powder but I'm a little confused on how to apply it. Should I use it to boost my highlighted areas or all over the face?