tarte smolderEYES™ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye Liner
A versatile waterproof liner powered by Amazonian clay for soft or smoldering eyes.
Not all shades are vegan. Vegan shades are indicated by the vegan symbol above the shade name.
- Amazonian clay: Amazonian clay will work to nourish lids, reduce surface oil and improve overall texture for easy application and better wear.
Product performance: Create smoldering, sexy eyes that won't budge with these waterproof liners. With this one liner, you can go from simple to sultry in an instant. Create a defined line by gliding along the upper and lower lash line or use the built-in smudger to soften. For a sultry, smoky eye, use the liner as a shadow by applying a thicker line along upper lashes and blending toward the crease.
Moss Ingredients: Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 dimethicone, synthetic wax, hydrogenated polydicyclopentadiene, nylon-12, C20-40 alcohols, perfluorononyl dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 diisostearate/ polyhydroxystearate/sebacate, polyethylene, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, silica, isoceteth-10, tocopherol, kaolin, mica. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Golden Beige Ingredients: Isododecane, mica, cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 dimethicone, polyethylene terephthalate, synthetic wax, hydrogenated polydicyclopentadiene, nylon-12, C20-40 alcohols, perfluorononyl dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 diisostearate/ polyhydroxystearate/ sebacate, polyethylene, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, polyurethane-11, silica, isoceteth-10, tocopherol, kaolin, carmine (CI 75470). (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), yellow 5 (CI 19140), aluminum powder (CI 77000).
Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten
Made in Germany. Sharpener made in Korea.
Top Questions See all 94 Q&A
- "I love this liner! It truly is waterproof, as it lasted a day when I went to a theme park without it getting messy. Would buy again." in 36 reviews
- "I adore this liner. The color alone is gorgeous, but it also comes in the most amazing formula I've encountered for a cream/gel liner. The brush is excellent as well, but mostly I cannot get over the packaging. It is beyond perfect." in 13 reviews
- "I love putting these by my waterline. They are just beautiful colors and they stay in place. They just add a little something to the eye. " in 9 reviews
- "Tarte has some of the best products to try. Hands down, easy smokey eye effect when you aren't looking to put on too much makeup that day!" in 8 reviews
- "Its a nice color nice and smooth goes on great great pigment it lastes all day when u wear to great to use for that lil pop of color with black liner the brush it nice" in 8 reviews
I do NOT use it as a liner. I use it as a cream shadow and it's fantastic. A little goes a long way. The gold is bright and shimmery. It almost looks like foil on my lids. Blends perfectly and once dry it doesn't budge.
It makes my amber eyes pop. I get compliments every single time I wear it.
Out of the box it's very easy to apply, although the tip could use sharpening if you want a more precise line. Thankfully they provide a sharpener in the packaging, but I've yet to see how it works as I figured I'd test it out a bit first.
The liner is very pigmented and paired with my eye primer (Urban Decay) it didn't rub off at ALL during a day out and a party in the evening. I wasn't expecting much as my eyelids tend to eat all liners, but I wound up seriously impressed by its staying power.
The smudging applicator was a little weird to me, since I generally prefer thinner lines. I got used to it pretty quickly. After you put the liner on and let it sit for a bit, it's not going anywhere.
I don't think I do a smoky look enough to justify buying more colors at the full price, but if that's a look you commonly wear then I highly recommend this product. If I see it on sale again I'd love to try other colors.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos