tarte Shape Tape Contour ConcealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY TARTE #1 in Concealer

A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.

• Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Mango seed butter: vitamin-rich butter helps moisturize, condition and protect against free radical damage
  • Licorice root extract: brightens the appearance of dark circles & color corrects

Product performance: Provides a flawless matte finish that won’t flake or crease, even if you have dry skin, fine lines, or pore problems – no setting powder necessary. Mango seed & shea butters naturally regenerate & illuminate all complexions, letting you play with light to lift your features.

Fair, Light Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Light, Deep Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive)  fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Fair Neutral, Rich Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Sand Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499).

Mahogany Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, aluminum hydroxide, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Light Neutral, Fair Beige, Light Sand, Light-medium Honey Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Made in Korea.

Buy on ULTA
  • "i love this product for the fact that it has incredible coverage. you only need very little product to cover up the darkest of spots on your face and under eye dark circles. that is why i gave it 4/5 stars, though. since it is so thick and full coverage, it is very easy for it to crease and look cakey." in 2847 reviews
  • "super great concealers, they are super full coverage i like to mix two shades as my highlight and i like to use a darker shade for cream contouring and it's amazing![product:tarte-shape-tape-contour-concealer]" in 1220 reviews
  • "this concealer works great! great coverage, blends well, and lasts all day! my only issue is that it has a tendency to slightly crease on me after a couple hours of wear, despite my efforts to set with powder. i would buy again!" in 1203 reviews
  • "super great concealers, they are super full coverage i like to mix two shades as my highlight and i like to use a darker shade for cream contouring and it's amazing![product:tarte-shape-tape-contour-concealer]" in 688 reviews
Hayli S.
Auburn, CA
Let me start this review by stating i usually use drugstore face products. Ive never purchased a highend foundation or concealer before this purchase. Ive tried the [product:urban-decay-24/7-concealer-pencil] when doing someone elses makeup but not on myself. It brightened but didnt have the best coverage. So i cant compare this to anything like that. To me this is a close consistency to Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer but with more opaque coverage and it blends easier. I wont be purchasing another drugstore concealer anytime soon. I was cheating myself because this product amped up my routine like you wouldnt believe. I actally feel good wearing foundation now. I love this products coverage. Im in the shade light. And it has such a natural finish. Not matte but not overly dewy either. It can be applied full coverage for ultra glam looks to. It does both. This is my first highend concealer so it took me a minute to learn how to apply it. I almost returned it as it is heavy if you apply to much. Or you apply with the wrong powder technique. I use a damp makeup wedge to blend out and to apply powder. This way i get the most flawless look. This is the only concealer that ive tried that makes me feel like my dark circles are gone. I really didnt know what i was missing. This is my holy grail face product. It even makes my drugstore 5 dollar foundation look so airbrushed. I trust tarte with tarte Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette , [product:tarte-tarteist-creamy-matte-lip-paint] , tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush and now tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer forever . My new favorite brand. If you have dry undereyes i dont recommend unless you mix with an facial oil otherwise it might look crepey. If your dry ive heard amazing things about both tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer if you want a thicker formula and tarte Rainforest of the Sea Aquacealer Concealer if you want a thinner consistency. If all your looking for is amazing coverage then buy this. I set with coty airspun and bareminerals illuminating mineral viel and i loved it. It didnt crease but i have lines so itll never ever be perfect. Thats just how my eyes are. This covers cheek blemishes amazingly with the [product:e.l.f.-e.l.f-flawless-concealer-brush] . I have some dark acne scars and spots and this made them completely disappear one i put wet and wild photofocus foundation on top. Ive never seen makeup look so good on my skin. All i used for primer was [product:e.l.f.-cosmetics-poreless-face-primer], [product:e.l.f.-makeup-setters-and-primers-light-clear-1.01-floz], Maybelline Baby Skin® Instant Pore Eraser® and [product:matte-magic-mist-&-set] . It also stayed on my nose Beautifully. This never happens to me. Plus you get .33 oz of product which to me is an extra added bonus because my other brands give me half that amount. For $27 dollars this is definately worth the price. Below i included a before and after pick so you can see undereye difference.
Melanie L.
California, MD
Review for: Fair Neutral (fair w/yellow and pink undertones) more...
This is another one of those products that has been ranted and raved about so I carried high expectations for. I do like this concealer but it didn't blow my socks off, sadly. It is still a great product and I would recommend but there are some things to note..
This concealer blends out beautifully but I have to work quickly with this or it dries up and looks really weird especially under my eyes. I heard from numerous videos that this concealer did not crease, but it creases under my eyes as most concealers do even set with a powder. Nothing too crazy but I do see it. I do use a brush to apply it now so I might try with a beauty blender and see if that leaves a more flawless finish.
Another thing to note is there is a smell to this concealer and I'm not exactly sure what I smell but whatever it is I believe it irritates my eyes but only some days. My eyes don't hurt or itch or anything but after using this concealer I have noticed my concealer will come off through out the day but only on the outer corner of my eyes and I never had this problem before I started using this concealer. It will be like a triangle on my face and there is just no make up there. And it's so weird because once that concealer comes off on the corner of my eye, I can't apply anything over it to fix it because my skin is so irritated there. Does anyone else have this problem?? I will continue to use this concealer and provide updates if I find any.
Colleen K.
Denver, CO
Review for: Fair more...
I have seen so many youtubers and beauty gurus rave about this product. I have always struggled with covering my dark circles so I picked it up. I'm fair skin so I figured the lightest shade was great. It's not too yellow or pink so I think the shade works well with my skin tone. However, with me not being too experienced with makeup, I have a hard time using this product. I have skin on the dryer side so as soon as I put this on, my texture shows greatly. And sometimes my fine lines show too. It is a thick product so once it's dry, I have a hard time trying to blend out what has sunken into my fine lines. It doesn't cover my dark circles as much as I hoped it did. Maybe I need a good color corrector. Like I said, I'm not too experienced with makeup. Yesterday I used some ELF concealer with the Tarte Shape Tape because it is more moisturizing and it did help to improve the dryness of the product. I don't want to give it too bad of a review because I know I am not as experienced as everyone else online who raves about this. But if you have dryer skin or a lot of texture in your highlighting places/under eyes, you might have a little trouble with this product. I plan on going into Ulta and having someone help me with this product and teach me a little more about how to use it.
jules W.
NORTH OLMSTED, OH
I really really really really want to love this product as much as everybody else does. I'm pretty sure that my review only being 3 out of 5 stars is shockingly low to what most people have heard about this concealer. I really think it must just be my skin type. I got this concealer in two Shades neutral beige and fair neutral I'm usually on the darker end of the light skin tone realm in the winter and then usually medium skin toned in the summer. I got this concealer because pretty much every YouTube makeup Beauty Guru I follow swears by this concealer and I wanted to be a part of shape tape Nation. Unfortunately, whenever I use this product it totally ruins the face of make-up I have on. It doesn't matter what type of primer used I have tried benefit porefessional I have tried makeup forever I've tried Mac I've tried hourglass all my favorite primers and none of them have given any different type of effect. Wherever I use this product it completely dries out that area my face. The product ends up looking patchy and my skin looks kind of flaky and is not seamless at all. I've tried using different moisturizers before I use this product I've even tried using it on days where I use a hydration mask to ensure my skin is not dry. But no matter how soft and hydrated my skin is that makes zero difference when I use this product. I've also tried doing it with a concealer brush and with a beauty blender so I'm not sure what other ways I could apply it to stop this from happening. Like I said I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who feels this way and it really sucks I want to love it I want to use it everyday but I just can't I've tried several times without any success.
Stephanie B.
Review for: Fair more...
I contemplated this purchase for so long because I follow tons of beauty gurus and of course in 2017 this was the go to concealer. I tried lots of dupes for this product because I really didn't want pay 27 bucks for concealer, but after three or four misses I decided to spring for the real deal. It did not live up to the hype. It's a good concealer, my expectations were just way too high for a product made by humans. Yes, it is full coverage (although it still does not completely cover my extreme dark circles). Yes, it brightens the undereye. Yes, the wand does make distribution easy. But it is in no way a miracle worker. It does crease and sink in to fine lines - but I have never found a concealer that doesn't. It does dry out my under eye - but I have never found a concealer that doesn't. All in all, I think it was worth the $27 to try it, and I do think the tube will last me a long time. It does cover my circles as good as or better than anything else I have tried. Just don't buy it expecting it to take 10 years off your age - it won't. As a side note, I do love that Tarte is cruelty free, and I like to support brands that are cruelty free. It's worth it to me to pay a little extra for that. The second photo is the creasing / fine lines under my eye. It's pretty bad close up.
Fahren W.
Myrtle Beach, SC
I absolutely love this tarte shape tape concealer it is beyond amazing! It is one of my favorite concealers of all time. It's amazinggggg full coverage, it covers & conceals anything and everything, from blemishes, imperfections, darkness,etc. Tarte shape tape conceals like nobody's business! But even with all of that coverage,it doesn't feel or ever look heavy it's great! it never cakes up or creases, and doesn't settle in to fine lines or wrinkles etc. I use this concealear daily,it's a must have product for me at all times, I use it not only under my eyes, but this concealer is so lightweight and easy to work with/apply that I use a shade one to two shades lighter than my foundation, & use shape tape to help contour! I use it to highlight all over the face where needed, and it leaves such a smooth natural, but gorgeous finish, & flawless face/makeup application. Also, tarte is parabens free, cruelty free, vegan,etc. So you're using healthy makeup that your skin can appreciate, meaning it doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts, even when you're concealing a breakout. It smells amazing, almost a light floral sweet scent, but not too overwhelming, just a nice added touch that tarte tends to have even in their shadows. This concealer is just the perfect consistency as a liquid concealer, it's not watery or runny, but is liquidy enough that you can move it around and work with it, and it settles into the skin so naturally because of that consistency! Whereas, say it cosmetics' bye bye under eye concealer, dermablend,or amazing cosmetics concealer, those products are full coverage as well, but are way more thicker, dense, & tacky than shape tape; so while those concealers are great for hiding scars, tattoos,heavy duty imperfections,etc. they can tend to look cakey, crease up,sink into wrinkles & settle into lines. Which can make your flaws or imperfections look worse or draw more attention to them. When mskin
Coley H.
Greenville, NC
Review for: Fair more...
This concealer is AMAZING. I have trouble finding concealers that are light enough for me, so I was so glad that this concealer came out with a shade light enough! It took me a long time to finally try this concealer and honestly, I don’t know why! It is super full coverage and blends amazing. I have only used it a few times, so I don’t have a full idea of how I feel about it, but I’m loving it so far! Before I got this concealer, I never really used concealer at all actually. I had trouble finding some that were light enough to brighten under my eyes or even just match my fair skin tone, but this one finally got the job done and did it amazingly! If you are looking for a super full coverage concealer that will cover all of your dark circles and blemishes, then this is definitely the concealer for you! I wouldn’t recommend this concealer if you are looking for a more natural look though. Even with a light hand this concealer is still high in pigmentation. I think for the amount of product and high quality you get, this concealer is totally worth the $27. It comes in super cute and durable packaging, so don’t worry about any spilling or messes! If only I could have gone back in time to tell myself to buy this concealer sooner!
Kaylee P.
Review for: Fair more...
I decided to try this concealer because it’s definitely raved about in the beauty community on Youtube and I completely understand why. It is SOOO full coverage. A little really does go a long way. It also is the only concealer that has a shade lighter than my skin tone, so I can use it for brightening and highlighting on my under eyes. 👍🏼 The doe foot applicator is bigger than most concealers I have used before too but I like that. It also has a little divit that holds product so I only have to dip the applicator in the tube once and end up with enough to cover my under eyes, the center of my forehead, down my nose and on my chin. The only negative thing I think I would have to say about this concealer is it has a slight paint kind of smell but for how amazing the concealer is I tend to overlook it and it really isn’t that big of a deal. Totally worth the money and will definitely be repurchasing once I run out!
Meli R.
Review for: Medium more...
So I have a lot to say about this concealer. For one it’s very pricey but I must admit that I don’t regret spending the $30 dollars on this because it has great coverage. You have to either work fast when blending this or do one area at a time because this concealer does dry fast and once it drys it’s hard to move around and blend with that being said once it drys it drys out matte and you don’t really have to set your under eyes. I did the first time because it’s a habit but I found that my under eyes looked way too caked. But when I don’t set my under eyes they look good just with the concealer on its own. Another thing is that it’s super pigmented and high coverage that you really don’t need much at all unless you like that glam look. I literally just put a few dots and I’m good. The applicator is HUGE not sure if I love it yet though, it could be that I’m used to smaller applicators but it’s really not a big deal it all works in the end lol. Hope this helps.
T B.
Review for: Light more...
Everyone raved about this product and I was uncertain.. other products people have raved about weren’t so great for me. I was hesitant to try and especially at the price I was hopeful for the best!

I have a problem with concealers not being light enough to brighten my undereyes or often they will oxidize. So I gave this concealer a go!!

Not gonna lie, when they call this product a holy grail, they are not lying!!!! The best concealer! I will continue to buy once it runs out (which may be a while!!).

The applicator is easy to apply to the face and you don’t need much to conceal! A little goes a long way! I use this to cover some darker spots on my face before my foundation and then under my eyes after foundation. I love this product and cannot say enough good things about it!

Only problem may be getting all the product out once it starts to empty! I could see that being cumbersome for me. But honestly worth the price!! I blend it out with a concealer brush to get the most coverage!

5/5 stars!
Nika N.
Lubbock, TX
Where can I get this? I checked Ulta in store and online and there were sold out. Also I checked Tarte.com and they were sold out also
Alix F.
Wall Township, NJ
I'm in love with the Kat Von D concealer but I see a lot of people using this one, does it cover dark circles ?!
Jessenia P.
Is tarte shape tape a good concealer?
Emmy C.
Does this product last long or does it tend to get used up quickly? How much does it cost?
Selena D.
Reedley, CA
Does it crease? Some people I've talked to say it does, some say it's better to set with powder. I tend to look very cakey when I set my face, so I'm just wondering if this concealer would be right for me. Also, the shades all look very pink, any fair, yellow undertone girls find their math with this product?