tarte Shape Tape Contour ConcealerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY TARTE #1 in Concealer

A best-selling, full-coverage, vegan, blendable concealer that instantly brightens, smooths & shapes skin.

• Shea butter: a natural skin emollient that helps retain skin elasticity and protects against degeneration
  • Mango seed butter: vitamin-rich butter helps moisturize, condition and protect against free radical damage
  • Licorice root extract: brightens the appearance of dark circles & color corrects

Product performance: Provides a flawless matte finish that won’t flake or crease, even if you have dry skin, fine lines, or pore problems – no setting powder necessary. Mango seed & shea butters naturally regenerate & illuminate all complexions, letting you play with light to lift your features.

Fair, Light Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Light, Deep Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Medium Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive)  fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, TBHQ, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Fair Neutral, Rich Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Tan Sand Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, aluminum hydroxide, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499).

Mahogany Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, triethyl citrate, disteardimonium hectorite, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum/fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, aluminum hydroxide, disodium EDTA, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, ulmus davidiana root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia lactiflora root extract, tocopherol, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Light Neutral, Fair Beige, Light Sand, Light-medium Honey Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, cyclopentasiloxane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium chloride, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, 1,2-hexanediol, aluminum hydroxide, amyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, disodium EDTA, disteardimonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, geraniol, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, leontopodium alpinum flower/leaf extract, lilium candidum flower extract, limonene, linalool, magnolia liliflora flower extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, paeonia lactiflora root extract, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, triethyl citrate, ulmus davidiana root extract. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Made in Korea.

Reviews (19193)
Buy on ULTA
Colleen K.
Denver, CO
Review for: Fair
I have seen so many youtubers and beauty gurus rave about this product. I have always struggled with covering my dark circles so I picked it up. I'm fair skin so I figured the lightest shade was great. It's not too yellow or pink so I think the shade works well with my skin tone. However, with me not being too experienced with makeup, I have a hard time using this product. I have skin on the dryer side so as soon as I put this on, my texture shows greatly. And sometimes my fine lines show too. It is a thick product so once it's dry, I have a hard time trying to blend out what has sunken into my fine lines. It doesn't cover my dark circles as much as I hoped it did. Maybe I need a good color corrector. Like I said, I'm not too experienced with makeup. Yesterday I used some ELF concealer with the Tarte Shape Tape because it is more moisturizing and it did help to improve the dryness of the product. I don't want to give it too bad of a review because I know I am not as experienced as everyone else online who raves about this. But if you have dryer skin or a lot of texture in your highlighting places/under eyes, you might have a little trouble with this product. I plan on going into Ulta and having someone help me with this product and teach me a little more about how to use it.
Gladyeliz C.
Methuen, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Fair Neutral (fair w/yellow and pink undertones)
I LOVE this concealer for so many different reasons. I had never been able to find an under eye concealer that worked for my drier skin and dark under eye circles. Most full coverage concealers on the market were too heavy and drying, which would leave me looking cakey. However, anything else that was a bit more moisturizing wouldn't have enough pigmentation to cover my terrible dark circles. So, I was completely floored when I found this new Tarte concealer. I tried out the shades medium and light-medium underneath my eyes. I found both shades had a strong peachy tone, with light-medium leaning more pink and medium leaning more peach. The peachy tone in medium was PERFECT for counteracting the blue in my under eyes. I was so impressed with how little concealer I had to use to cover up my dark circles. The coverage is out of this world. Plus, the texture is beautiful! It's not too thick or too thin. It felt smooth and blended like a dream. Unlike thicker full coverage concealers on the market, I don't find myself needing to use a damp sponge to work it into the skin. This one is so easy to blend I can get away with just using my fingers. Also, the finish is just perfect. Once it sets, the concealer is definitely matte, but never dry or flat looking. It smooths over texture and doesn't settle into fine lines. Plus, (probably best of all) it hardly creases,
Maria J. C.
Hialeah, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Light Sand (light skin w/yellow undertones)
If ever a concealer was worth the hype, it is this one! I was always debating whether to purchase this one or the MAC Pro Longwear concealer because of the coverage. I am extremely happy with the choice I made when I purchased this one because it comes in a wide range of colors, undertones, and is truly a full coverage concealer. A little goes a long way when applying this concealer and I honestly suggest placing this concealer under one eye at a time because it does dry rather quickly. The tool it should be applied with is totally the users choice because I personally love to use it with a damp sponge under my eyes. Once this concealer sets, it literally is budge proof for the rest of the day which is another reason I love it!💖 I consider this concealer to be my Holy Grail high-end concealer, I recommend it to almost everyone I know that is looking for a full coverage concealer that will not flake or disappear by the end of their day. I do use and have favorite affordable/drugstore concealers too, but NOTHING compares this concealers coverage or longevity to anything I own in my makeup collection. I normally have to layer 2 drugstore concealers and occasionally color correct to get something similar to this concealers coverage. If you can afford it and have been curious/wondering whether to try this conealer out or not, I say go for it and splurge your heart out because you will not regret it! 😉👍⚠WARNING: Due to the viscosity, coverage, different shades and undertones this concealer provides I encourage everyone who hasn't tried this concealer out to swatch it on your skin and wait until it dries in an actual Ulta store before buying any shade, to test out what your potential perfect shade match may be since this conealer tends to oxidize on certain or most skin types.
Erica A.
Tempe, AZ
Review for: Light
There is a reason this is the number one concealer!!!! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH SHAPE TAPE! By far best concealer I have EVER used. Unfortunately I have discoloration under my eyes and get dark circles very easily. Concealer was one of those products that I constantly kept buying, brand after brand and I could never find one that worked for me or that I liked. This went on for YEARS and I slowly began to have a little graveyard of concealer.
THAT BEING SAID - when I finally bought Shape Tape to see what it was all about ... I INSTANTLY fell in love and couldn't believe I didn't try it sooner. It is extremely full coverage but super silky, soft and feels light weight on your face. I have VERY sensitive skin and only can only use 100% natural body and skin care - and this never bothered me once. Shape tape covers EVERYTHING including my dark circles... redness, acne, scars... no problem. I was stunned the first time I used it how amazing it was. They have a great range of shades and this product is VEGAN! Its also incredible for highlighting if you contour. If I could give it 100 stars I would! Some may think $25 is expensive but once you use it - you will instantly change your mind. I probably spent HUNDREDS of dollars over the years trying every brand and every product that came out just to throw it away or in my drawer never to be used again. It makes more sense to me to buy an amazing quality product that you know will work. A little goes a long way too. Tarte is one of my all time favorite brands! I love everything I own by them. This is the only concealer I use and will continue to use and repurchase it. One of my all time favorite products!
Jess P.
winchester , VA
Review for: Light Sand (light skin w/yellow undertones)
I love this concealer for SO many reasons - literally I have probably tried 30+ concealers and to be honest I continue to try others and literally nothing compares. Although I will use other concealers ( mostly to conserve the product in here on like a day inside) I DO NOT use anything else on my under eyes. I have some pretty harsh dark circles and this is the only concealer that I do not have to color correct with! Also I have some fine lines under my eyes and this is literally the only product that once set doesn't turn into creasey mess. This product works best blended out with a sponge however in a pinch I've used my fingers as well as brushed. I am in Mac NC15 so I am a pale yellow color and this concealer matches that perfectly! Seriously this is probably my most repurchased item.
Christopher C.
Worcester
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Fair Neutral (fair w/yellow and pink undertones)
I wasn't sure that this would actually be as good as all the hype around it. I see several beauty vloggers using this so decided to give it a go. It really is that amazing. The coverage is SO good that honestly you don't even need to use a lot. It blends seamlessly into the skin without settling into fine lines or wrinkles. It gives  a lovely glow to the skin.

I use this to highlight when I contour. I add it to the under eye area, around the mouth, the center of the forehead and tip of nose. It blends well and makes these areas look younger, smoother and beautiful.

This is hands down my favorite concealer Ive ever used and it is now a staple in my makeup arsenal.
Lisa C.
Bayamon
Review for: Light
I want to get this for Christmas @tarte shape tape contour concealer because I have seen a bunch of tutorials and all the reviews are incredible how it leaves you skin in the eye area so Matt and in does not crease very important IT DOES NOT CREASE ❤️that for me is the important part Love to get this tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer you can Find this product on Sephora or Go online to tarte cosmetics and you will find it #GiftCrush #contest #influenster
Kaley C.
Gainesville
Review for: Light Neutral (light w/yellow and pink undertones), Light
This is my ride or die concealer. I have tried quite a few in the past and every time I come back to this one. The consistency is thicker than most but almost a mouse-like rather than clay feeling on the skin making it extremely high coverage. However, the consistency does not affect it's blend-ability. This concealer is long wearing and does not crease on me throughout the day. I wear it for both daily "natural" looks and build it for full glam looks on special occasions. The first color I tried was the Light and I found that it was a little too cool toned for my medium/ neutral skin tone. The Light Neutral was perfect!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀T.L. P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Mahogany (ultra deep w/cool undertones), Tan Sand (tan w/yellow undertones), Tan
I'm mixed with my review of this product. What my main review will focus on is the "Tan Sand" shade. I use this color to conceal and highlight, but mostly to highlight. I know I am probably one of extreme few (if any) who isn't fully in love with this stuff, but my opinion is honest. I don't think this stuff is meant for people with normal to dry skin. I have pretty normal skin, I think under my eyes can be a little dryer sometimes, but it's not extremely dry. This stuff (even when I use a darker shade) makes me look a little ashy/ghostly under the eyes and it creases from time to time. I have found that applying it with a damp sponge (usually I'll wet it with rose water or an elixir) and that seems to help, but I don't like having to always mix it to make it work. Although I am mixed with my review, I do still try and use this often as apart of my regular routine. I don't find that using any of my tarte concealer brushes with it helps, but actually the IT Cosmetics dual end concealer brush is absolutely best with this product under my eyes. I use all of the other darker shades for my cream contour, and I'm not extremely sold with Mahogany, as it ends up making me look bruised rather than chiseled.
Valerie M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Fair Beige (fair skin w/pink undertones)
I saw this bad boy on pretty much every single Instagram video and YouTube video I watched that was beauty related and had to see what the hype was all about. I even saw it used in place of eyeshadow primer! Once I got it in the mail I knew it was something special. This is a highly pigmented, creamy formula that blends well, doesn't settle into creases, and conceals ANYTHING! The best part is a little goes a longgggg way. I need half the concealer with this that I normally need.
Nika N.
Lubbock , TX
Where can I get this? I checked Ulta in store and online and there were sold out. Also I checked Tarte.com and they were sold out also
Alix F.
Wall township, NJ
I'm in love with the Kat Von D concealer but I see a lot of people using this one, does it cover dark circles ?!
Jessenia P.
Is tarte shape tape a good concealer?
Emmy C.
Does this product last long or does it tend to get used up quickly? How much does it cost?
Selena D.
Reedley, CA
Does it crease? Some people I've talked to say it does, some say it's better to set with powder. I tend to look very cakey when I set my face, so I'm just wondering if this concealer would be right for me. Also, the shades all look very pink, any fair, yellow undertone girls find their math with this product?