BY TARTE #22 in Eyeliner

Waterproof, vegan gel eyeliner with no-tug, triple-black pigment.

• Natural Waxes: ensure a smooth application
  • Vitamin A: antioxidant that retains moisture and helps protect against free radical damage
  • Mineral Pigments: soothe and soften skin

Product performance: Glide on sharp black pigment with this waterproof, smudgeproof gel eyeliner designed for the delicate lashline and inner rim. Formulated with natural waxes and none of the icky, bad stuff, the soft, comfort-glide tip applies with the ease of a pencil to tightline the lashline without pulling or skipping. Keep your look crisp or use the built-in smudger to create a sexy feline smolder before the formula sets to a 12-hour, run-resistant finish.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, isododecane, ceresin, diisostearyl malate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, silica silylate, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

• I’ve tried so many liners & they all end up running on the ou...4 Answers
  • Is this product water proof? 7 Answers
  • Will it rub off on my significant other like past products have?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I recently bought this eyeliner and love it! It's as black as my soul and beautiful as... something really pretty. It's goes on really smooth and has a built in sharpener and smudger! I love it. Definitely recommend this product. And for a high end product, the price isn't terrible. It's pretty average. But worth it!" in 58 reviews
  • "Great for smudging under eye and working into waterline for a smokier look! I love tarte and this pairs nicely with my Shape tape concealer too! " in 37 reviews
  • "I had been searching for a decent eyeliner that is waterproof and will last a long time by enduring a day at work or night out. Needless to say I was beyond impressed when I came across Sex Kitten by Tarte. It's extremely vibrate and made sure my makeup was on point! It goes on very smooth and I liked the convenience of the built in sharpener on the other side of the smudging tip. I will definitely be purchasing this eyeliner again!" in 17 reviews
  • "I love tarte they have wonderful products. I bought this eyeliner and its a nice light weight eyeliner. It's last all day and it's goes on so smooth. I would recommend this to someone who likes a smokey eye look. and it's great for making a cat eye. " in 12 reviews
  • " Tarte make up is always going to be my favourite.  With eyeliner always stays on pert looks great lovely rich dark black just what I wanted doesn't irritate  you eye  area. Definitely smudge proof and a little water resistant" in 10 reviews
Malinda S.
Upper Darby, PA
I usually use primarily liquid or gel liners but I like the quality of Tarte products and I decided to give this a try...I don't really have any waterproof eyeliners. For the money...I won't be buying again. It's not the worst but it's certainly far from the best. First, I used it to tightline my upper lash line and despite its claims, it immediately transferred some color to my lower lash line. Also, when I went to apply my liner and do my wings..this didn't apply very smoothly at all. It kept skipping on my skin, my wings were a mess. I had to use a makeup remover q tip to reshape it. And finally, I want even done applying the rest of my makeup and it had already faded to where I almost couldn't see it. I had to trace over it with one of my liquid liners. I guess it would be best on the days I decide to line 3/4 of my lower lash line for some extra smokiness. The top is very fine so as long as it applies smoothly...you should be able to be pretty exact. Overall, I'm very disappointed
Jeannine L.
Philadelphia, PA
I got this gel eyeliner in last month's ipsy glam bag and haven't looked back since. It was by far my favorite item in my GlamBag. The liners small and compact, & is ideal for traveling & using while on the go. The formula is smooth, creamy & bold black in color. For being a vegan liner, it works amazingly well. Definitely changed the way I feel about vegan cosmetics. It's my new go to for tightlining & the cat-eye look. Super simple to grip & apply. Buildable for the perfect, boldest lines, every time. Not only is it waterproof but it's smudge-proof too and it's very long lasting! The creamy gel glides across your lids/waterlines with ease. The Application process is a cinch. This liner would be a perfect eyeliner for beginners. NO TUGGiNG, NO PULLiNG, NO MiSTAKES! ♡
Jay 💖.
Excuse the bad picture,it's nighttime and the lighting is a bit odd. But I'm too excited to wait to review this! I got this last week in my Ipsy bag,and I really like this sample! The tip is fine and makes it incredibly easy to draw a line across my eyelid with it. It's. A pretty decently pigmented black pencil,and as I said,it goes on very easily. The pencil doesn't skip or tug,and it's easy to make an easy line with,it doesn't come out bumpy or patchy,despite my having shaky hands. I would definitely recommend,especially to beginners who don't like the big,intimidating crayons/pencils! I really like the formula with it,and the packaging is sleek and cute. Would definitely recommend and will probably purchase a full size later on! I keep wearing this baby on my lid,even over my liquid liners. I keep reaching for it,even though I know it's just a tiny sample. 😂 Definitely obsessed in every form of the word!
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
I received this eyeliner as a deluxe size from my Ipsy subscription. The name itself is so catchy, I most likely would have bought it based on that alone if I didn't get it in my Ipsy bag.

I love Tarte, and for the most part I love all of their products. I was really excited to try this eyeliner out. I prefer eyeliner pens and pencils over liquid eyeliner.

I was really impressed by how smoothly it went on, there were no cracks and I didn't have to retrace over my lines. It went on so smoothly. I was able to have a nice thin line rather than a thick one which is hard to do with a lot of eyeliner pens. The color is very black, like mentioned in other reviews, it is a true black.

There is a very good chance that I will buy a full sized pen when I run out of this deluxe sample. I highly recommend this eyeliner for anyone who likes pens and deep dark black eyeliners.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
I have oily skin and finding a good eyeliner that lasts has been hard. So hard in fact that I gave up looking for myself and joined ipsy so they can send me different brands that I can try until I find one that works. Well, this one works. I really like the skinniness of it (is that a word, skinniness?) It's easy to apply to the top last and bottom. I use it with primer and it lasts a very long time, for me, from 6 am until 9 pm when I remove it. It comes off easily and completely with eye makeup remover. I would purchase this myself but I know I'm probably receive other eyeliners with ipsy. If I don't, I'll probably purchase this again.
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
Initially I received this item in my monthly Ipsy bag and the first time I used it I was so impressed with it that I had to buy the full size! I've been wanting an eyeliner that went on smoothly into my waterline and stayed there even though I have very watery eyes. This definitely fits my needs and I'm so excited! I even added it to my delivery order so that I would never be without this beautiful liner again. The pigment is there all day long, doesn't pull during application, which is another reason why I love it since I'm getting older and don't want to give myself more fine lines. This formula is amazing because it just locks in & doesn't come off until you take it off, for a vegan product I'm amazed & it's definitely worth every penny! I highly recommend that you try this if you haven't already done so 😊
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
I received this as a deluxe sample from Ipsy and honestly, I’m not too terribly impressed. I love a lot Tarte’s products, this just isn’t one of them.

The package itself is adorable, as is the name. I just wish that I liked the product as much as I liked the name of it.

The product, I will say didn’t smudge once applied, but I don’t enjoy the applicator. I am more of a liquid eyeliner girl and this reminds me more of gel mixed with pencil. I feel like I don’t have control of the product like this and it’s hard to control where the product goes.

I do also like how black it goes on. It is a very true black.
Debbie A.
Weston, WV
First I'll start off by saying I love everything I've tried by tarte. This eye liner is really great, it's black and it's smooth I'm horrible at applying eye liner so I usually just stick to putting it on my lower lash line but I love how this stays even on my water line it doesn't smudge and I touch my eyes all the time. I did receive this as a sample in my ipsy bag so I don't have the full size and I'm not exactly sure how much it costs but I'm sure it's well worth the money because it works wonders for me and I would recommend it to my friends.
Becky S.
Wilmington, NC
For a pencil eyeliner I'm giving this 5 stars...if it were eyeliner overall, 4 stars. I got a small size version in my ipsy bag this month and was happy that its vegan, not animal tested, very black in colour, easy to sharpen (just turn the bottom of the product) easy to open and mostly waterproof.
The downside is that after the initial use it really hasn't been as pigmented. I've had to line over it with a liquid liner to finish or add a third step and take a shadow brush over that if I don't want the liquid look.
Lindsey C.
Ok. So here's the real tea. I got this as a sample from Ipsy. Not even gonna lie. It works great. I just applied it for the first time. It goes on so smooth. And so far, no smudges. It's only been 10 minute. But can we talk about the sample size? I've gotten tons of name brands samples from Ipsy. This is the worst sample size yet. This isn't a sample. It's a joke.
Jennifer S.
Yorktown Heights, NY
Is this product water proof?
Kayla B.
Virgie, KY
How bad does this eyeliner smudge? Nothing I hate worse than smudged eyeliner!
Hollie S.
Mason , WV
I’ve tried so many liners & they all end up running on the outside corners of my eye, except for the tarte Sex Kitten Eyeliner! I’ve tried everything else it seems. Does anyone else have this issue? What liner do you use?
I have been looking for a good eyeliner for weeks now I have heard good things about this one. I wear glasses so my eyes are kinda already bad so I was wandering does this irritate eyes or cause any rashes??
Kelly J.
Is this likely to smudge throughout the day, or does it stay on pretty solidly?