BY TARTE

Deliver the ultimate in hydration-boosting coverage with tarte's 12-hour water foundation. The concentrated, full-coverage fluid formula features 20 percent water to quench dry skin as it covers and masks any redness, dark spots, and uneven skin tone... see more...

Buy on Sephora
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
Review for: fair light neutral more...
Tarte has yet to let me down, again I have been blown away by one of their products. This is my FAVORITE foundation. It has absolutely great coverage, even over dark spots and redness. The fair-light-neutral matches my skin tone perfectly. I have very fair skin but the other shades seemed too light for me, this one was perfect. I like it best when I apply it with a brush to get an air brush finish, although it also looks great when I apply it with my makeup sponge. I do recommend using a a primer and a finishing powder if you have combination or oily skin because I did notice breakthrough oil and shininess after about 8 hours without the finishing powder. It doesn't clog my pores at all! It blends well with my  tarte Tarteist™ PRO Glow Liquid Highlighter Stunner too! My only real complaint is the bottle. It is great in concept with the dropper but it doesn't work all that great, I thought it was more messy than anything. This foundation can be found for around $30 on Tarte's website, at Sephora, and at Ulta. I am giving this foundation a full five stars because it is the only foundation that I have found to match my skin tone perfectly. I think that Tarte offers a really good selection of different tones in this foundation. It is a really great foundation and I highly recommend it.
Stefanie J.
Clarkdale , GA
Review for: light neutral more...
For years I've been looking for the right foundation. I wanted as full coverage as possible but hydrating as well.
I've gone thru so many brands and formulas that I've lost count. There's a ton of full coverage foundations out there that are amazing but they dry my skin out so bad.
One day, while at Sephora looking for more samples to try, a tarte rep was there and showed me this foundation. I took a sample and used it for two days.
I couldn't believe how hydrated my skin felt!!!
I loved the feel and how lightweight it was. I no longer have to worry about my face flaking off an hour after applying my foundation. This stuff is truly amazing.
The only reason I didn't give this a five-star rating is that it doesn't fully cover the redness of my cheeks. I hate having to use a color corrector or heavy concealer so this is my only complaint.
I'd definitely recommend that foundation to anyone with dry skin! tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15tarte Double-Ended Foundation Brush
Jaclyn C.
Review for: fair light neutral more...
Holy cow! I've recently been on a foundation hunt, trying to find my *holy grail* product. I tried KVD Lock-It, Too Faced Peach Perfect, and MUFE Mat Velvet and none of them were right for me. I have very light skin tone and combination skin.
This foundation is moisturizing, but settles into a natural/soft-matte finish. It doesn't settle into lines or cake onto dry patches. It has a medium to full buildable coverage that really is buildable without looking cakey. I will say that full coverage with this foundation isn't as opaque as say KVD, but I like that. Even when I layer this on I don't look like I'm wearing a full face. I do have to use concealer for undereye circles or really pesky pimples.
The packaging is so pretty, but I really don't like the dropper. I would prefer a pump just for ease of use. However, I can completely look past the dropper because of how much I love this foundation.
Letty R.
Los Angeles
Review for: medium-tan sand more...
I had tried the NARS Barcelona foundation previous to this foundation; however, it would always leave my face dry. I use primer underneath my make-up and I didn’t understand why my make-up would look patchy. After going into Sephora and talking to a make-up artist, she suggested I buy the Tarte medium-tan sand. I have a mixture of both oily and dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that I could wear daily at work. I fell in love with the foundation. It did blend well with my skin and it didn’t feel heavy. The only reason why I gave this foundation a 3 star is because the bottle’s custom dropper applicator gets a lot of foundation stuck inside the dropper. The dropper never really worked for me since often times I had to tilt the bottle to get the foundation out. Sometimes the dropper would grab the foundation well, but when pressed down to release the foundation to my face a large amount would come out. I never had a great experience with the dropper. It either had too much product inside or on the outside (“around the dropper”). No one wants to waste foundation when applied. The dropper was perhaps the only negative design this product had. Overall, the foundation is great. It left my skin smooth and gave me a soft complexion. If you want an easy and fast application choose a different foundation.
Jaclyn M.
Allentown, PA
Review for: light sand more...
I don't know if I'm allergic to something in this foundation or if it's really NOT moisturizing, but my skin got SO textured and dry using this. Light sand was a great match for me, the product applied easily (although the dropper bottles always get messy), it was extremely comfortable and lightweight, and my skin looked gorgeous for the first two or three days I used it. Then things changed, and my skin flipped out. I was super red with rosacea, dry, cracked, flaking, peeling, and my texture got so bumpy. I am allergic to aloe, so if it had aloe, that may explain it, but I didn't see that on this foundation's ingredient list, so I just don't know. Packaging is gorgeous, shade range seemed pretty decent, and the price is middle of the road for a prestige product.
Katie T.
Nampa
Review for: fair neutral more...
This foundation is by far the best foundation I have tried! I use this foundation for a light or medium coverage on day to day use as well as a full coverage on days I have a photoshoot to model in. Applied on my beauty blender sponge, it builds and blends smoothly without leaving crease lines or dry patches. (I have dry/sensitive skin and this doesn't soak in, streak, or leave me with breakouts during or after use.) I seriously love this product.
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Very good, one of the best foundations I've tried.

I've been waiting to buy this foundation for a while after seeing so many good reviews on it, but I was skeptical because I have oily skin and wasn't sure how a water based foundation would work with my skin. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised, and this is a foundation I will keep using for quite a while! This foundation is extremely long lasting; I've worn it for 12+ hours, and while it may look a bit worse than when it was first applied, it controls oil very well over that period of time and stays extremely smooth. I have noticed that if you do wear it for more than 8 hours, it will start to break down a bit around my nose, but this is easy to fix with some setting powder. Another thing I love about this foundation is how smoothing it is. I have acne scars across my cheeks that are more pitted, and it covers them and smooths them out wonderfully. It allows my skin to look like how I want my skin to look like, without looking cakey or oily. A few pointers with this foundation though: 1. Wash and moisturize your face. It's super hard to tell if it's a good foundation if you don't do this. 2. Use a brush or beauty blender. I didn't notice a lot of difference between the 2. 3. Water or silicon based primers both seem to work well with this foundation. I strongly recommend this foundation for anyone with oily skin or that has acne or scarring. It builds wonderful and keeps my face looking great all day, if I blot and powder around the 5-6 hour mark.
Katherine R.
Review for: fair neutral, fair light neutral, light neutral more...
It's hard for me to find good foundations for my skin, I have combination skin, so an oily t-zone with dry patches and texture on my cheeks and even the sides of my nose and forehead. I like the watery formula it's lightweight which lets my skin breathe but it can be build to a bit of a medium coverage if you desire, but because it is a watery formula it won't give you full coverage. It's hydrating on my skin without over enchanting my oily zone but enough so that the dry texture on my face doesn't look cakey.
Overall I would recommend unless you're looking for full coverage.

Maddie C.
Boston , MA
Review for: light-medium honey more...
I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!! It works so so well under any powder. I struggle with dry skin and this really helps rehydrate. I originally bought it because I live on the water and wanted a waterproof foundation for the summer. Its February now and I’m still using it even when I don’t need a waterproof foundation. The finish is amazing and light. It never feels cakey or like it’s clogging my pores. It provides medium coverage. If I have a pimple or breakout that I need a little bit more help covering, I just use concealer because layering this product doesn’t really increase the coverage. It blends so nicely into my skin. I’ve used beauty blenders, foundation brushes and my fingers and it still goes on perfectly. I get spray tans once a week and it some how looks perfect on my skin when I’m tan and when I’m pale. My only complaint about the product is the applicator/bottle. It’s a glass bottle with a dropper applicator. It can get messy and is sometimes hard to get the product out.
Amanda H.
Fargo
Review for: fair light neutral more...
This product is just ok for me. I have combination skin, and thought it’d be a good option for a lighter coverage compared to my Amazonian Clay foundation, and more hydrating for days where my skin is dryer. This however really broke up on my face, looking patchy around my nose and chin. I tried various primers and setting powders and sprays, but nothing really changed it in the end. I do like the applicator for this though, and the packaging. I know this works for a lot of other people, but if you have oily skin, I’d be more leery of it. I do however, if you’re looking for a more dewy finish/hydrating foundation, recommend checking out the Shape Tape Hydrating Foundation, as I had no problems of it breaking up on my skin!
Brittany R.
Millville, NJ
What would you say the pros/cons are with this foundation? I have been wanting to try it since it launched but, "water" foundation sounds a bit unappealing.
Jordan W.
Blackshear, GA
I have dry skin and sensitive skin. How does this foundation work with dry skin?
Edith C.
Los Angeles , Ca
As i walked to sephora and asked about e regular tarte foundation, i was told it was clay. Sampling the foundation, i noticed to gave me full coverage along with pimples. This foundation being water based foundation, do you guys know if it gives a full coverage?
Hunter N.
I hear that this is really good for dry skin? Any one have any experience if it helped or did it make your skin worse? Thank you!!
Paige J.
How much coverage does this have?