21 colors available

BY TARTE #7 in Liquid Foundation

A lightweight, full coverage hydrating foundation infused with tarte's Rainforest of the Sea™ complex and non-chemical SPF 15 sunscreen.

Product performance: Deliver the ultimate in hydration-boosting coverage with tarte’s 12-hour water foundation. The concentrated, full coverage fluid formula features 20 percent water to quench dry skin as it covers and masks any redness, dark spots and uneven skin tone, while softening the look of pores and fine lines. The custom dropper applicator delivers your perfect level of moisture-rich coverage in an array of shades to match any skin tone. Powered by tarte’s antioxidant-packed Rainforest of the Sea™ complex and non-chemical SPF 15 sunscreen, the hypoallergenic formula helps restore, brighten and defend skin from free radical damage and early signs of aging for a smooth, soft, radiant complexion.

Inactive ingredients:  Water, glycerin, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, nylon-12, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexasiloxane, SD Alcohol 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, magnesium sulfate, alumina, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, silica, talc, iron oxides, sorbitan isostearate, stearalkonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, caprylyl glycol, propylene carbonate, dimethicone, hydrogen dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, 1,2-hexanediol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower extract, tocopherol.

Made in Korea.

Buy on Sephora
Jade M.
Jade M.
Review for: fair neutral
UPDATE: This is still a great foundation but I have found it to smear or transfer really easy and it doesn't stay put well through out hot humid days or water.
This is the best foundation that I have ever used! I picked this up because I have very dry skin and I thought this would help keep my skin moisturized while wearing it. This foundation has a beautiful satin finish to it. Its not overly dewy but it does have a nice 'healthy' glow to it. I use the Sephora's pro-airbrush foundation brush to apply it and always set it with powder. I didn't pick up the concealer to go with it which I should have because I find that other concealers (The Naked skin and Nars radiant creamy) tend to look cakey with it. So I use the Garnier under eye tint for under eye circles and it works great! I use a water based moisturizer and primer with it and my skin looks better than it ever has! It doesn't cake up in areas. It has build-able coverage, beautiful finish, doesn't cling to dry patches, doesn't settle into fine lines, covers redness, lasts all day and any blemishes that you might have. It is a bit transfer proof if you really rub clothing etc. over it. But for everything else it does ...I can live with that. I will definitely be repurchasing!!
Caroline B.
Caroline B.
Flushing, NY
Review for: fair neutral
This is HANDS DOWN the best foundation I have /ever/ used. I have dry/normal/sensitive skin with a surprising amount of acne/scaring. Most products that offer this kind of full coverage are overly cakey or drying which just doesn't work for me. This product goes so seamlessly and it looks like nothing is there, it looks just like your skin but perfect. For a more luminous glow use with a luminous primer. I always lightly set with a powder. Applies best using downwards motions and a flat top kabuki.

**** HOWEVER, as much as I love tarte for catering to sensitive skin and creating great products I do have to deduct a star for one reason- color range!! Wheres that color range at? Being pale, I never have to struggle to find a foundation that matches, so it hurts me to imagine not being able to have so many options at my disposal as I do. I LOVE this foundation and it kills me to know some people wont be able to enjoy it as much as I do simply because tarte does not cater to their complexion. This is something that is very important to me and everyone I know and I hope tarte will learn to be more inclusive.

--why do u have like 8 pale shades and 2 darker shades??---
Carlie A.
Carlie A.
Belle Vernon
Tarte has some amazing products from their Amazonian clay blushes to their lights camera lashes mascara, to their amazing eyeshadow palettes. One thing I haven't always been a fan of was tarte foundations. I have found that many of tartes foundation can tend to be somewhat heavy on my skin and really make me feel like I am wearing a lot of makeup.

I tried this Tarte water foundation and I was completely blown out of the water. Even with combination to oily skin, this very light weight foundation sits well on my skin and doesn't seem to make me anymore oily throughout the day. This is one of those foundations that just look like your skin but better!

This foundation is so blendable whether I use a brush or a beauty blender. Either way, the application is flawless. Its about a medium coverage, but it very buildable. It really feels like you aren't even wearing any makeup at all.

I think the little dropper dispenser is a cute idea, but in all honesty I feel that it would be more beneficial if it had a pump.

I do feel that the shade range is a little limited and they should add a few more shades for people with deeper skintones.

I do recommend this foundation!
hello_tt_ _.
hello_tt_ _.
Review for: fair-light neutral
Lovely foundation but not perfect. i have been using the new tarte rainforest of the sea waterfoundation for a few weeks now. i have normal to dry skin with slight oily-T, after my moisturizing/priming routine i use the beauty blender to apply. the water-based formula was light weight, easy to blend out, coverage was buildable to full, covered redness, dries down to a beautiful natural velvety finish.

first few times i wore this i felt the foundation just sat on top of my skin & made it look drier (not good) then i tried same moisturizing routine but this time primed only the t-zone and it looked much better, however clings to dry areas later in the day if face is not exfoliate well.

this is the only foundation that creased around my eyes (had to set w/powder) i don't have this problem with tarte amazonian clay or other foundations. had to use more than the suggested number of drops so i have a feeling that i would go thru this bottle quickly.

not a fan of the dropper, dispenser not consistent in picking up product & spills on sides of bottle, tarte please use a pump instead. limited shade range can be a problem for women of color.

LIA M.
LIA M.
Wallingford, CT
Liquid, natural finish, dry skin, spf 15. That sounds great. But I'm super oily, acne prone, scarred, dark skin that hates flashback......... and it looks amazing on me. Paradox, I know. But let me explain. If you have oily skin you live for products that dry you up. But sometimes it just looks so unnatural. Why can't I have porcelain, glowy skin? Oh that's right, genetics. I say nay to my DNA! Tarte water foundation is great for all skin types. I had to get to know it a little based on how my face decided to wake up. I use a pore perfecting primer on oilier days and smoothing primer on combo skin days. I find the best application for me is a beauty blender (they don't call it a beat face for nothing). I doesn't accentuate any of my fine lines (or baby hair). You can stipple it on just watch for dry patches. It dries to a powder finish but stays natural. I usually set my t-zone with powder so my cheeks stay fresh. It's definitely buildable but I just dot a tarte concealer where needed.
Leah P.
Leah P.
Review for: fair neutral
I picked up this foundation and the matching concealer from Sephora a couple of weeks ago in the shade, Fair Neutral. It is a lightweight, yet full coverage concealer that I found applied best with a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. It lasted about 8 hours on me, leaving my skin feeling hydrated and healthy. I did have to prime really well with it, because it would settle into the fine lines around my mouth if I wasn't careful. As far as the color range, I chose the lightest shade I could find, which was Fair Neutral. I am the fairest of the fair with pink undertones, so this particular shade did turn a bit yellow on me simply because of its neutral undertone. Once I had blended the foundation down my neck and set it with a lighter powder, you couldn't tell that it was a bit too yellow. All in all, this is a great foundation that I see myself continuing to reach for everyday this summer!

For a more in-depth review and photos, please see The Calico Cat Blog.
Maddy L.
Maddy L.
Cuyahoga Fls, OH
Review for: fair neutral
This foundation is being returned. I wanted, so badly to love it! In the bottle, this foundation looks perfectly fair, fair enough for my skin tone! However, it oxidizes within seconds of being out of the bottle. So much so, that now the whole foundation bottle is at least 2 shades darker than it was originally! I have a review on my channel where you can see that it gets at least 3 shades darker when it sits on my skin while I applied it to half of my face. I also would have to say that this is not a Neutral shade, it definitely pulls yellow, or warmer toned. That being said... I wish they had a shade for me, because it evens out my skin tone (even if it's with the wrong shade) and looks very natural on the skin. I will also say that while this is a water foundation, it has a demi-matte finish that I was not expecting. That aspect actually played very nicely with my skin type. I really wish this product would have worked for me. If only the shade match would have worked!
Emily G.
Emily G.
This foundation is the best foundation I've ever tried. It's SUPER lightweight on the skin. It does hold up pretty well throughout my day, I work 8-10 hour shifts everyday and when I come home it still looks fresh. I will continue to repurchase this product, coverage is light to medium which I absolutely love because I have a lot of freckles all over my face & I don't like to cover them but I love to wear makeup. With this foundation I can have the best of both worlds, if you're looking more for a full coverage I don't think this foundation would work for you but it does build up very nicely to a very high medium coverage. The shade range is amazing for yellow and olive undertones, all of the shades I've tried tent to pull yellow in this line which is perfect for my undertones. I love how they have a neutral shade range to. All in all this foundation is perfect for an everyday foundation.
April B.
April B.
Review for: fair neutral
Buying this was my first time ever buying foundation this expensive and I almost didn't buy it cause I thought it was insane to spend that much on a foundation, but I went ahead and splurged and I am so glad that I did. This is the best foundation that I have even put on my skin. It is a thin consistency, so that it is very light weight on the skin, but it also has very good coverage. I have very sensitive skin so my face is usually very red/pink all the time and I get breakouts like crazy and it seems to cover it up pretty good. It wasn't to oily on my skin, I know some people said that it made their skin oily when wearing it. I absolutely love this foundation and I would highly recommend it.
TIP: Use a brush for best application tho cause if you use a sponge/beauty blender it will soak up all the product and waste it and you won't get good coverage.
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.
Hyattsville, MD
I really like this foundation but... It still won't cover my acne. So this is what I have to say. I love how light weight this feels, it literally feels like skin to the touch after 2 layers still. I find this is medium coverage with acne, but it will be full coverage if you just have redness or simply flaws that don't involve bumps. I love this product. I just wish it could cover my pimples without the need of concealer, but there isn't any product out there that does this effectively without looking unnatural. I don't want people to notice all this foundation on my face. But as usual Tarte is my favorite brand and this jdidn't disappoint me like Other high ends. Oh and I have oily skin and olive skin toned for reference. Guess what? Ton my oil has came through and I didn't even use a setting powder!
Brittany R.
Brittany R.
Millville, NJ
What would you say the pros/cons are with this foundation? I have been wanting to try it since it launched but, "water" foundation sounds a bit unappealing.
Jordan W.
Jordan W.
Blackshear , GA
I have dry skin and sensitive skin. How does this foundation work with dry skin?
Edith C.
Edith C.
Los Angeles , Ca
As i walked to sephora and asked about e regular tarte foundation, i was told it was clay. Sampling the foundation, i noticed to gave me full coverage along with pimples. This foundation being water based foundation, do you guys know if it gives a full coverage?
Hunter N.
Hunter N.
I hear that this is really good for dry skin? Any one have any experience if it helped or did it make your skin worse? Thank you!!
Paige J.
Paige J.
How much coverage does this have?