BY TARTE #23 in Liquid Foundation

A lightweight, full coverage hydrating foundation infused with tarte's Rainforest of the Sea™ complex and non-chemical SPF 15 sunscreen.

Product performance: Deliver the ultimate in hydration-boosting coverage with tarte’s 12-hour water foundation. The concentrated, full coverage fluid formula features 20 percent water to quench dry skin as it covers and masks any redness, dark spots and uneven skin tone, while softening the look of pores and fine lines. The custom dropper applicator delivers your perfect level of moisture-rich coverage in an array of shades to match any skin tone. Powered by tarte’s antioxidant-packed Rainforest of the Sea™ complex and non-chemical SPF 15 sunscreen, the hypoallergenic formula helps restore, brighten and defend skin from free radical damage and early signs of aging for a smooth, soft, radiant complexion.

Inactive ingredients:  Water, glycerin, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, nylon-12, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cyclohexasiloxane, SD Alcohol 40-B, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, magnesium sulfate, alumina, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, silica, talc, iron oxides, sorbitan isostearate, stearalkonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, caprylyl glycol, propylene carbonate, dimethicone, hydrogen dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, 1,2-hexanediol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, algae extract, gardenia taitensis flower extract, tocopherol.

Made in Korea.

• how's the coverage?2 Answers
  • I would really like to try this product. But I’m not sure if it w...1 Answers
  • I need a new foundation! I have acne prone skin and i am looking ...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Carlie A.
Belle Vernon
Tarte has some amazing products from their Amazonian clay blushes to their lights camera lashes mascara, to their amazing eyeshadow palettes. One thing I haven't always been a fan of was tarte foundations. I have found that many of tartes foundation can tend to be somewhat heavy on my skin and really make me feel like I am wearing a lot of makeup.

I tried this Tarte water foundation and I was completely blown out of the water. Even with combination to oily skin, this very light weight foundation sits well on my skin and doesn't seem to make me anymore oily throughout the day. This is one of those foundations that just look like your skin but better!

This foundation is so blendable whether I use a brush or a beauty blender. Either way, the application is flawless. Its about a medium coverage, but it very buildable. It really feels like you aren't even wearing any makeup at all.

I think the little dropper dispenser is a cute idea, but in all honesty I feel that it would be more beneficial if it had a pump.

I do feel that the shade range is a little limited and they should add a few more shades for people with deeper skintones.

I do recommend this foundation!
LIA M.
Wallingford, CT
Liquid, natural finish, dry skin, spf 15. That sounds great. But I'm super oily, acne prone, scarred, dark skin that hates flashback......... and it looks amazing on me. Paradox, I know. But let me explain. If you have oily skin you live for products that dry you up. But sometimes it just looks so unnatural. Why can't I have porcelain, glowy skin? Oh that's right, genetics. I say nay to my DNA! Tarte water foundation is great for all skin types. I had to get to know it a little based on how my face decided to wake up. I use a pore perfecting primer on oilier days and smoothing primer on combo skin days. I find the best application for me is a beauty blender (they don't call it a beat face for nothing). I doesn't accentuate any of my fine lines (or baby hair). You can stipple it on just watch for dry patches. It dries to a powder finish but stays natural. I usually set my t-zone with powder so my cheeks stay fresh. It's definitely buildable but I just dot a tarte concealer where needed.
Leah P.
Review for: fair neutral
I picked up this foundation and the matching concealer from Sephora a couple of weeks ago in the shade, Fair Neutral. It is a lightweight, yet full coverage concealer that I found applied best with a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. It lasted about 8 hours on me, leaving my skin feeling hydrated and healthy. I did have to prime really well with it, because it would settle into the fine lines around my mouth if I wasn't careful. As far as the color range, I chose the lightest shade I could find, which was Fair Neutral. I am the fairest of the fair with pink undertones, so this particular shade did turn a bit yellow on me simply because of its neutral undertone. Once I had blended the foundation down my neck and set it with a lighter powder, you couldn't tell that it was a bit too yellow. All in all, this is a great foundation that I see myself continuing to reach for everyday this summer!

For a more in-depth review and photos, please see The Calico Cat Blog.
Emily G.
This foundation is the best foundation I've ever tried. It's SUPER lightweight on the skin. It does hold up pretty well throughout my day, I work 8-10 hour shifts everyday and when I come home it still looks fresh. I will continue to repurchase this product, coverage is light to medium which I absolutely love because I have a lot of freckles all over my face & I don't like to cover them but I love to wear makeup. With this foundation I can have the best of both worlds, if you're looking more for a full coverage I don't think this foundation would work for you but it does build up very nicely to a very high medium coverage. The shade range is amazing for yellow and olive undertones, all of the shades I've tried tent to pull yellow in this line which is perfect for my undertones. I love how they have a neutral shade range to. All in all this foundation is perfect for an everyday foundation.
April B.
Review for: fair neutral
Buying this was my first time ever buying foundation this expensive and I almost didn't buy it cause I thought it was insane to spend that much on a foundation, but I went ahead and splurged and I am so glad that I did. This is the best foundation that I have even put on my skin. It is a thin consistency, so that it is very light weight on the skin, but it also has very good coverage. I have very sensitive skin so my face is usually very red/pink all the time and I get breakouts like crazy and it seems to cover it up pretty good. It wasn't to oily on my skin, I know some people said that it made their skin oily when wearing it. I absolutely love this foundation and I would highly recommend it.
TIP: Use a brush for best application tho cause if you use a sponge/beauty blender it will soak up all the product and waste it and you won't get good coverage.
Alyssa M.
Hyattsville, MD
I really like this foundation but... It still won't cover my acne. So this is what I have to say. I love how light weight this feels, it literally feels like skin to the touch after 2 layers still. I find this is medium coverage with acne, but it will be full coverage if you just have redness or simply flaws that don't involve bumps. I love this product. I just wish it could cover my pimples without the need of concealer, but there isn't any product out there that does this effectively without looking unnatural. I don't want people to notice all this foundation on my face. But as usual Tarte is my favorite brand and this jdidn't disappoint me like Other high ends. Oh and I have oily skin and olive skin toned for reference. Guess what? Ton my oil has came through and I didn't even use a setting powder!
Leeann B.
Glasgow, Ky
Review for: fair-light neutral
This foundation is amazing. It feels weightless and is a perfect warm weather spring/summer foundation. It is actually the first foundation that I have matched correctly. It looks a little on the yellow side, but on the face, it's beautiful. I'm neutral, leaning toward pink undertones and this is a perfect match. No oxidation, and it lasts I know for six hours, if not longer. It covers redness and is buildable. I apply it with the beauty blender, but it takes 8 drops to cover my face. I would recommend using fingers so that you're not losing product die to absorbtion. It didn't settle in fine lines and doesn't cake on dry areas. My face did not get oily while wearing this (i have combination skin with a little bit of sensitivity). I really don't have anything bad to say about this foundation!
Jessica H.
Mazomanie, WI
I was attracted to this foundation because I liked the idea of a water based foundation and I don't have a foundation like it in my rotation. As a woman over 40, I am always searching for foundations that don't settle into my fine lines, but rather blurs pores, hyperpigmentation and just make me look dewy and fresh. Tarte has such an amazing reputation for such quality products -specifically their Amazonian line so I had to try this. First off, packaging is gorgeous and i love the dropper...no waste. My favorite way to apply is to use the beauty blender. I would say that it is a medium coverage but totally buildable. It looks beautiful on the skin and so lightweight -I actually forget I have makeup on. It also held up for a full 8 hours for me but I always use a primer and do set my t-zone.
Ashley B.
Tigard, OR
Review for: light neutral
I usually don't go for water foundations because for some reason I have a hard time blending them out. That being said, I love tarte products and decided to give it a try. I do really enjoy this foundation. I have the brush that was designed to use with this as well but personally I felt it made the foundation streaky. The best way I have found to blend this out was with my beauty blender. On tartes website itsays you only need 4 drops for full coverage but I wouldn't agree with that. You can definitely build it to be a full coverage foundation, but for me it required alost the full dropper to get it. Doing it that way will use this product up fairly quickly if you wear a full face every day. I like this on days that I want a lighter amount of makeup. It has a beautiful finish to it as well
Jennifer W.
I love this foundation! It feels light on the skin but is buildable. I have combo skin, I start out dry and get oily as the day goes on. I have to take make sure I prep my skin to help from not getting too shiny but I have to do that with almost any liquid foundation. The only thing I don't really like about this foundation is the dropper. I wish it had a pump. The dropper is just not easy for me to use you have to hold the bottle and the cap to fill the dropper then set the bottle down and get your Drop her over your brush or beauty blender before any of it drips. I've almost knocked the entire bottle over several times. Because of how hard it is for me to use the dropper, I have to use a different foundation if I'm planning on taking my make up on the go to do at work in my car.
Brittany R.
Millville, NJ
What would you say the pros/cons are with this foundation? I have been wanting to try it since it launched but, "water" foundation sounds a bit unappealing.
Jordan W.
Blackshear, GA
I have dry skin and sensitive skin. How does this foundation work with dry skin?
Edith C.
Los Angeles , Ca
As i walked to sephora and asked about e regular tarte foundation, i was told it was clay. Sampling the foundation, i noticed to gave me full coverage along with pimples. This foundation being water based foundation, do you guys know if it gives a full coverage?
Hunter N.
I hear that this is really good for dry skin? Any one have any experience if it helped or did it make your skin worse? Thank you!!
Paige J.
How much coverage does this have?