Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Gel Cleanser
Photos (29)
Michaela D.
Michaela D.
Abingdon, VA
This is my favorite cleanser ever! Just from the name, I was expecting it to have a more intense scent, but there isn't really much of a scent except a slight fruity smell when it is all sudsy and bubbly while scrubbing. I love the packaging, the bottle is such a pretty color and has very nice under the sea designs all over it, it spoke to me immediately and so I bought it. It is very gentle, and has never once irritated or bothered my skin in any way, and I have pretty sensitive skin. I have thus far gone through one and a half bottles of this cleanser, and I can see a noticeable difference in my skin. I have had a huge decrease in breakouts, and my dryness issues are nearly all resolved. Overall, my complexion is brighter, and healthier looking. Plus, my skin always feels so soft and clean after using this. I LOVE IT!
Charna H.
Charna H.
Tiffin, OH
I can not express how much I love this cleanser. First off, I was so hesitant to buy it because I have oily sensitive skin and most washes over dry and leave my skin cracked and chapped, this restores the natural oil levels in your skin without over drying or leaving it slick still. I love the smell this products leaves behind to boot, it's so gentle and fresh. This cleaner cuts through even the most stubborn waterproof make up without having to scrub and use a ton of product. The price of this wash is so worth it, I will for sure be buying more in the future. I used to use L'Oreal Skin Expertise Go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser and I will never go back. I haven't had a single break out or skin issue what so ever since I switched to this cleanser. This is the best impulse buy I've made in a very long time.
Mandy J.
Mandy J.
Pahrump, NV
Oct. 3, 2016, 4:25 a.m.
Review for: Cleansing
I got this as a sample from Sephora and I was excited because I've never tried anything from Tarte before. I'm always looking for a new cleanser and I heard good things about this.

It didn't really do anything. I don't really have sensitive eyes but this stuff BURNS! I had to really rub at my eyes to get any of my makeup off and my made my face feel really greasy and gross. I have really oily/acne prone skin and I broke out after using this. I had enough left in the little rippy packet for one or two more uses but I just threw it out and went back to my usual cleanser.

Isabella L.
Isabella L.
Philadelphia , Pa
I got this cleanser as a sample when I ordered from sephora. I was hesitant because generally skin care products from samples do not wow me and are not memorable at all. I took off my makeup with an aveeno cleansing wipe and then used this cleanser afterwards. I am SO impressed. This cleanser is gentle, smells great, lathers and rinses well and leaves the skin absolutely radiant. My skin felt soft, refreshed, clean, and oil free after just one use. I purchased a full size of this product immediately after trying it.
Vania G.
Vania G.
Aug. 30, 2016, 7:37 p.m.
Review for: Cleansing
This is the first product I have tried from Tarte's new line and I was so excited. It's "fragrance-free and hypoallergenic." It has a very mild, very subtle lavender scent. It didn't bother me, and I'm pretty sensitive to fragrances. It's supposed to remove eve waterproof makeup (which I don't use), all the while keeping the skin balanced and moisturized, with vitamin C to brighten. I have think this is better suited to people with oilier skin, because it seemed to dry me out a bit. But it did remove my makeup!
Kristina R.
Kristina R.
May 26, 2016, 9:53 p.m.
Review for: Cleansing
I've been using this for a few weeks now and love that it removes all my makeup without having to use a makeup wipe or other removers first! I used to always use the Neutrogena wipes but ran out and wanted to try something new so I ordered this cleansing gel from Tarte. It even removes my waterproof mascara! Sometimes I need to use two pumps to get a full face of makeup off but it removes everything and leaves my face feeling clean. I have sensitive skin and so far haven't noticed any issues from using this.
Aug. 16, 2016, 6:11 p.m.
Review for: Cleansing
It does its job well. I got this cleanser in a kit that contained the cleanser, mist and blush. I do a double face cleanse just to make sure I wash off all the impurities. I use this product over a slightly wet face. A little goes a long way. I really like how this cleanser creates a generous layer of suds as I move my hands in a circular motion. I have dry skin and it doesn't leave me with a tight face. But I prevent it by applying serum/oil/moisturizer seconds after drying my face.
Heidi P.
Heidi P.
Mishawaka, IN
I absolutely love this cleanser. It removes all of my makeup, and gets just foamy enough to really feel like it's cleaning but not be too harsh. The packaging is really cute too and a little goes a long way. I got one of the tiny sized cleansers and it lasted 4 washes. If you know how tiny they are, you'll know that that's pretty good.
This cleanser also smells really nice, but not too noticeable, so if you're sensitive to smells, this shouldn't bother you
Katelyn B.
Katelyn B.
Hoquiam, WA
March 14, 2016, 8:11 p.m.
Review for: Cleansing
I won this face wash in a contest that Tarte held on Instagram and this is by far my favorite face wash I have ever used. I use it every night before I go to bed and in the morning and it's so refreshing! It smells soooo good! After just one use, my face feels so soft and it cleans my pores very well! My boyfriend who has very oily skin used it once and he wouldn't stop talking about how clean it made his face. I definitely recommend this to EVERYONE!!
Samantha O.
Samantha O.
Granite Falls , NC
March 14, 2016, 12:27 a.m.
Review for: Cleansing
I cashed in some points at Sephora and got a sample size kit of Tarte's new line which included this cleanser. I was surprised by how well it took off my makeup and also left my face feeling very clean. However, I have very dry skin and I feel this cleanser does slightly dry out my skin. Although I put moisturizer on afterwards so this isn't too big of an issue. Overall, it is a good cleanser but I'm not sure that I would purchase the full size.
Sasha H.
Sasha H.
Will this irritate my acne prone skin?
Alicia C.
Alicia C.
I've seen the rave about this and really want to get it cuz the packaging is too cute! is this gel cleansing used on wet or dry skin (like oil cleanser). Does it remove waterproof mascara as well, if so does it require lots of scrubbing or its easy like Shu Uemura?
Karla M.
Karla M.
Stoney Creek, ON
Bought this a few weeks ago and shortly after, stared breaking out. I don't want to assume that it was from this, but anyone else experience this?
Rosalyn N.
Rosalyn N.
Covina , CA
Is the cleansing gel recommend for all skin types? I'm interested in purchasing but I have combo skin. Thought?
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Celebration, FL
I love the taste rainforest of the sea collection because of the beautiful packaging. I'm always on the look out for a better cleanser. How does this compare to some other cleansers out there? I have large pores and black heads along with occasional oiliness.