BY TARTE

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

tarte limited-edition rainforest after dark colored clay eye & cheek palette Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup

tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette
  • "The blush is a very neutral color that looks natural on the skin and it lasts all day long." in 1 review
  • "And while I do like the bronzer that came with this palette, I haven't decided if I want to buy the full size yet." in 1 review
  • "The colors were very complimentary for my dark hair, brown eyes and very fair skin." in 1 review
  • "Luckily, I received it as a birthday gift and I was not let down by the product!" in 1 review
  • "Since tarte doesn't use parabens in their eye shadows (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong), the color payoff of these shadows is not the absolute best; they're a bit chalky and have quite a bit of fall out, but it's nothing I'm too put-off by." in 1 review
Ashley M.
Brainerd, MN
When I first saw this product. I needed it. I didn't even care about what colors were inside. I love snakes and bought almost on packaging alone. It's got a pretty basic layout inside, a highlight, contour, blush, and 6 eyeshadows. The colors are pretty neutral and safe. It's not an adventurous palette by any means. The colors are nice but they aren't very pigmented without a primer underneath and I feel like it takes a bit of layering to really make them pop. However, it is a nice everyday makeup palette & I do like it a lot!
Mary anne M.
West Covina, CA
I'm very torn about how this palette makes me feel. I've owned it for over a year now. Yes, I know they don't sell it anymore. But I think it's still worth a review for any similar products they do in the future.

This is an eye & cheek palette. It comes with 6 eyeshadows: matte mauve, shimmery light purple, shimmery dark purple, glittery gold, matte tan, & matte dark brown. The formula on these eyeshadows is kind of chalky. It was a little disappointing in comparison to formulas for eyeshadows in their Tartiest Pro line, for example. I had high hopes for the Rainforest After Dark Collection. It makes me skeptic of their Clay Play Palette eyeshadows. I would definitely recommend you try to swatch that palette in stores based on my experience with this formula.

The reason I'm torn is because that glittery gold shade is incredible. It's great for the inner corner & really pops. I have a medium skin tone, so the combination of dark colors plus chalky shadows didn't really make my eyes look impression. But I was able to use this gold to make at least my lids stand out. The mattes on this palette are really chalky in comparison to other Tarte shadows.

But the face products are amazing. The highlight for your cheekbones is great for a subtle glow when applied with a brush or a strong strobe when dabbed on with fingers. The blush is a full-size one. It takes a little bit of arm work to have the powder get onto a brush for some reason. I've used other palettes with similar blushes but those were creamy. Something about this palette is just chalky.

I'm in love with the bronzer. Seriously. I love Tarte bronzer. This one is a great powder that has NO shimmer (thank goodness) & chisels your cheekbones if built up or just highlight your facial structure if made subtle. I love to combine it with another brand of bronzer. The bronzer is at a weird angle, so larger brushes won't do well. I use a slanted contour brush and it fits the palette shape well.
Kimberly G.
Port St Lucie, FL
I wanted to love this and I wanted it to be part of my every day look but while the texture is smooth and buttery, the pigments don't hold up against my skin tone. I'd love to see these in other shades/tones.
Sabrina T.
I’ve had this palette for awhile now and it’s great easy to apply and blend all the colors are pretty and definitely good for everyday! It’s great for travel and long lasting.
Sami C.
Clarksville, TN
This has to be, without a doubt, my favorite full face palette - I love it more than it's counterpart, The Showstopper. It's the cooler of the two - which is likely why I lean towards it. I am drawn to cooler tones. The eyeshadows are pigmented, creamy, and can easily transition from day to night. The blush is a beautiful matte mauve shade which isn't crazy pigmented - meaning it takes more effort to reach clown face. The bronzer is not too orange (HALLELUJAH) and also matte; the highlight shade is more champagne toned - subtle yet buildable as well.

The packaging itself is gorgeous - faux wood finish embossed with a golden snake and a purple jeweled eye. The huge mirror is much appreciated and the case itself is very sturdy. It's ideal for travel as it SHOULD cut down on amount of makeup you need to bring :)
Fatime U.
Woodhaven, NY
Before the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette came out, this palette was my travel palette of choice. I still use it to travel when I need to downsize on how much makeup I'm carrying. The colors are versatile and easy to mix and match, the bronzer and blush are both long lasting, and the highlight color is a beautiful champagne that can double as an eye shadow if need be. This palette was beautifully put together, and I'd love to see something similar from tarte again in the future.
Jamie O.
Lady Lake, FL
I've heard that Tarte is discontinuing this palette and that makes me so sad because this palette is amazing! This is such a convenient product for the value. It's perfect for travel or if you just need one palette to get the job done. If you can still get your hands on it, I would recommend picking it up.
Zara H.
Rochester, NY
This is a very beautifully packaged and presented product. Since tarte doesn't use parabens in their eye shadows (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong), the color payoff of these shadows is not the absolute best; they're a bit chalky and have quite a bit of fall out, but it's nothing I'm too put-off by. I will say though that I wish they had included a lighter browbone/inner corner highlight shade - I actually use the face highlighter for that purpose. So, the eye shadows are just alright for me. It's a pretty nice color selection, though, since you can do a neutral eye or a smoky eye or a purple eye. The gold shade seems a bit out of place to me, I actually haven't used that one much.
The blush is nice, as tarte's blushes all are. Very pigmented and soft. The color is nice too, a plum-pink. It's not a color I normally gravitate toward, but it works well with the palette.
The bronzer is gorgeous. I am VERY fair and it works well with my skin. I've used it for contouring as well as bronzing. I love how it's totally matte and isn't orange (hi, NARS Laguna).
The highlight is also gorgeous. It's a little yellow-based rather than white-based, as it looks in the pan, and provides a gorgeous glow. This has a bit of fall out as well, but nothing major. Just be sure to tap off your brush and start small.
The packaging is beautiful but this would be tricky to travel with; it's not that sturdy or extremely well made, and I could easily see this breaking in a suitcase or makeup bag, which is unfortunate.
I would have never bought this myself, so I'm grateful I received it as a gift. It does make a great gift, for sure. There are just other things I reach for more.
Jennifer H.
Whitsett, NC
Absolutely love love LOVE X1000 this pallet. The blush is gorgeous and I would pay the price of the entire pallet for just that. The eyeshadows are not super pigmented, but with a good primer it still gives a gorgeous pay off. Very easy to use and combine the colors for a neutral or smoky look.
Léage Marie M.
It has a highlighter, bronzer, blush, and eyeshades all in one round compact. It makes my everyday life so easy. I don't have to go looking for something to match. I recommend it to anyone looking to simplify their life and that loves a lil sparkle 😉
Carla B.
EDMONTON, AB
Is this a good starter pallet i'v never used a highlighter before and that the only product in it I'm worried i wont be using, and if I'm forking out money on a nice pallet i want to be able to use everything ?
Kristy H.
Linwood, MI
Do you suggest this palette for someone with fair skin?
Abbey C.
Is this palette good for travel or are the combinations limited? The colors look gorgeous but I want to create a variety of looks when I'm on vacation.
Sarah K.
I am taking my mom to Sephora to buy her makeup for Mother's Day. She said she wants a good all in one product that she can use for travel. Anyone think this is the right product?
Monica C.
Scottdale, GA
What shade would you want Tarte to make permanent, if any? I'd choose Plum Away With Me!