BY TARTE

A moisturizing lip balm in an array of sheer color shades.

Product performance: Like a drink of water for your lips, this tinted lip balm shields and rescues lips from early signs of aging, while delivering intense hydration and soft, subtle color. The antioxidant and vitamin-rich lip quencher is powered by a blend of essential extracts and oils to help restore the softness, moisture and elasticity that escapes lips over time while providing a protective antioxidant barrier against daily aggressors. The tinted everyday formula is vegan friendly and gently melts into skin to smooth over the look of lip lines with a radiant, dewy finish.

Nude, rose, berry Ingredients: Polybutene, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, punica granatum sterols, diisostearyl malate, polyethylene, C12-15 alkyl lactate, octyldodecanol, isostearyl hydroxystearate, triisostearyl citrate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tridecyl trimellitate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, aroma, algae extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hexylene glycol, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, phenoxyethanol, silica dimethyl silylate, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan isostearate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), red 30 lake (CI 73360), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Opal Ingredients: Polybutene, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, punica granatum sterols, diisostearyl malate, polyethylene, C12-15 alkyl lactate, octyldodecanol, isostearyl hydroxystearate, triisostearyl citrate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, tridecyl trimellitate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, aroma, algae extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hexylene glycol, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, phenoxyethanol, silica dimethyl silylate, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan isostearate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), iron oxides (CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Made in Canada.

Buy on Sephora
  • "These are very slippery lipsticks, they feel super moisturizing. I would say the pigmentation is decent, it's definitely not super opaque. " in 152 reviews
  • "I am obsessed with this product. I am a big fan of Tarte Cosmetics and was so happy to find that the Rainforest of the Sea Quench Lip Rescue was the answer to my winter dry lips. Not only is this product have beautiful packaging but it will leave your lips feeling refreshed and smooth. It is one of my favorites and perfect for the summer season! " in 60 reviews
  • "I got a mini sized version of this in a $9 offer Sephora had that included this and Tarte's Cabana Boy lipstick. I tried this one for the first time yesterday and I actually really liked it! I wasn't expecting anything remarkable from it. It's not long-wearing, it's not transfer proof, and it's not super pigmented. But I love it for when I don't want to wear a lipstick or gloss, but still want to give my lips a little something. It's very natural looking on the lips, and it personally goes really well with my natural lip color, which is pretty similar. It is sheen, not super pigmented, and it does have a minty effect on the lips (not annoying or overpowering in any way). It looks very glossy on, which I like because it keeps my lips looking natural but with a little shine. I don't really see any healing effects coming from this, but I love the way it felt on and I loved the color; I was surprised that it looked so good on me and I'll probably purchase the full size when I run out of this little one. I will say that I did not appreciate the super cheap packaging the mini size one came in. It felt like cardboard and is super lightweight. As long as you don't expect a long-lasting and transfer proof lip product, I think you'll like this." in 60 reviews
  • "I LOVE this lippie! It's so moisturizing and makes your lips look amazing! It's light feeling and not sticky at all. It has a nice sheer tint and this color in particular makes your lips look lighter in color. I'm so happy I bought this because it's wonderful and I use it everyday. I will buy another for sure." in 54 reviews
Rhonda R.
Review for: Nude more...
I love, love, love this! Tarte really surprised me with this sheer and somewhat glossy (definitely moisturizing) lip rescue product!
The first time I tried it was in a sample size and I initially thought it was a lipstick so I was disappointed that the color was very sheer and opaque, until I learned it is meant to be a lip balm/hydration product!
The small sample size seemed to be very soft almost too soft that if I pressed too hard on my lips upon application, it would break easily and melted very quickly. However; I have come to love how soft it is because after using it everyday for about a week I noticed the fact that it melts right into my lips helps it quickly deliver a surge of beautiful hydration!
I am careful to not keep the tube in my pocket or leave it in my car because as quickly as it melts with the body heat of my lips, I definitely don't want it melting inside the tube because of my carelessness.

I also notice a fresh minty type of sensation when I wear this, not very intense like the minty feeling from a lip PLUMPER, but I do feel like my lips are more full after they are hydrated with this lip product, simply because they are not dry or dehydrated when I put this on. I can't say enough how much I love this! It is my new favorite lip quencher! Even at the price point of $19 I have already used up the entire sample and bought myself a full size! I reccomend anyone with dry lips give this product a try!!
Estee H.
Review for: Nude more...
This is a beautiful moisturizing lip product. I've had my eye on it for a while and i really like it. It feels great on the lips and the packaging is beautiful (as always for tarte products). It's not particularly long lasting but I don't mind. It's a little shinier/glossier than I would like, but I'm considering also getting the Rose shade because its otherwise beautiful.
Sarah H.
Washington, DC
Review for: Rose more...
This is a great lip product from Tarte! It’s sort of a tinted gloss balm with a minty scent. I’ve tried both the Rose and Nude shades and love them both on me. The tint feels very moisturizing at first but it doesn’t work well as an all day bam because my lips eventually start to feel dry and in need of a true lip balm. That said, I still love this product.
Mandi U.
Ballwin, MO
I really like this formula for a lip moisturizer. It's smooth and creamy and does not leave a waxy residue on your lips. It has just a hint of color, which I need because my natural lips are so fair and pale. I definitely like this when I don't feel like putting on full lip color and I do feel like it adds a lot of moisture to my lips. Tarte never disappoints.
Ry M.
Phoenix, AZ
Review for: Nude more...
I was surprised at how much I like this balm. Typically I don’t like glossy balm sticks like this, but this one feels super nice, hydrated my lips and gives a nice wad of color. It has a nice month taste as well. If I could change one thing, I would change the flavor to something sweet, but that is my personal preference.
Yvonny J.
Meridian, ID
Review for: Rose, Coral, Cherry more...
I honestly had to read reviews to see if I wanted to purchase these. They are not long lasting which is something I kind of knew when buying them. They have such cute packaging though so I just had to get them! Darn you tarte and your cute packaging!!! Lol but I do really like these because they give off the perfect sheer pigment! My favorite out of the 3 I purchased is the rose. It is the perfect sheer nude on my lips and I love it! The coral gives off a pretty orange-ish color and then the cherry a hint of pink/red. I wouldn’t say these could replace lipstick or anything but more as a light lipgloss sort of. Anyways I do recommend! :)
Alex B.
Las Vegas , NV
Review for: Berry more...
Oh man, I love this lip balm. The packaging is very cute but cheap feeling with the cardboard casing. I have the color "berry" and the glossy finish and hint of color is fantastic! I have pigmented lips already, so the berry color enhances my lip color. It gives me a healthy look. I only wish it would stay on my lips longer. I apply it every hour! I run out of the product so fast and it's not a cheap lip balm. It does the job at moisturizing but definitely don't think it's worth 19 dollars. Maybe a solid 15. Either way, it's my second time purchasing it. Love using it on the go and days when I'm wearing no makeup.
Kristin H.
Brighton, MA
Review for: Nude more...
I think this product is amazing - it's moisturizing & adds a hint of color & shine that's perfect for everyday & on the go. My lips look like they've been done, but in a good subtle way. Of course you have to reapply often, but that comes with how moisturizing it is. Love it!!
Brittany B.
I love, love, love this stuff. It moisturizes and give you just a small amount of tint to your lips. It has a minty smell to it but once its applied I really dont smell it at all and it tingles just a little so if you dont like that I wouldn't recommend it but I personally love it.
Kesa A.
Wagner, SD
Review for: Opal more...
I bought this at Sephora after seeing a picture from one of the youtubers I follow posted. Loved that it was more a light iridescent lip balm look and it was kinda low maintenance. Totally up my alley. Love the look and absolutely love the packaging! Kinda pricey but worth the purchase for that type of look that you want to achieve and keep your lips hydrated! Would recommend and will continue to purchase!
Michelle D.
I want to try this since I love light lip color, but I also need lots of hydration - I have really bad luck with trying lip products. I've heard mixed reviews about this. I've also been told to try Fresh's Sugar tinted lip treatment. What do you guys think?
Erin P.
Is this a greasy product?
Kahea-Makani H.
Boise , ID
Do they each do a different job or just flavor is different ?
Carla💎 C.
Brampton , ON
Let me know how good/bad tarte products are?! I love their packaging.
Carly H.