BY TARTE

A moisturizing lip balm in an array of sheer color shades.

Product performance: Like a drink of water for your lips, this tinted lip balm shields and rescues lips from early signs of aging, while delivering intense hydration and soft, subtle color. The antioxidant and vitamin-rich lip quencher is powered by a blend of essential extracts and oils to help restore the softness, moisture and elasticity that escapes lips over time while providing a protective antioxidant barrier against daily aggressors. The tinted everyday formula is vegan friendly and gently melts into skin to smooth over the look of lip lines with a radiant, dewy finish.

Nude, rose, berry Ingredients: Polybutene, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, punica granatum sterols, diisostearyl malate, polyethylene, C12-15 alkyl lactate, octyldodecanol, isostearyl hydroxystearate, triisostearyl citrate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tridecyl trimellitate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, aroma, algae extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hexylene glycol, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, phenoxyethanol, silica dimethyl silylate, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan isostearate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), red 30 lake (CI 73360), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Opal Ingredients: Polybutene, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, punica granatum sterols, diisostearyl malate, polyethylene, C12-15 alkyl lactate, octyldodecanol, isostearyl hydroxystearate, triisostearyl citrate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, tridecyl trimellitate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, aroma, algae extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hexylene glycol, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, phenoxyethanol, silica dimethyl silylate, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan isostearate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), iron oxides (CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Made in Canada.

Buy on Sephora
Holly G.
Holly G.
Seattle, WA
Review for: Rose
I love this lip rescue! It seriously moisturizes my lips so much. I don't typically wear it during the day because I like to wear a little bit more of a bold lip, and I got the nude color with the pink packaging, and it is my go to product to put on my lips when they feel dry. Tip: don't twist it up too much because the product itself is pretty fragile and will smoosh over the sides if you try to use too much at one time. I try to just keep it level and flush with the tip of the tube and am able to get plenty of product still! I would definitely repurchase this product.
Alice E.
Alice E.
Nashville, TN
Review for: Rose
I purchased the nude and pearl shades at my local Sephora. The colors are light and pretty. Opal is basically clear with a little shimmer. It is very soft and feels creamy going on. I love the creamy moisturizing feeling. It has a minty smell/feel that is not my favorite, especially when my lips are chapped. I wear it often, but it's not my go-to because of the minty smell and sensation. If you like that sort of thing, then you would rate it higher than me!
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Review for: Rose
I picked up this lip balm from the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea collection along with a few other beauties from that launch, and this was the only one I ended up returning. It's more or less just a very expensive lip balm - the color payoff wasn't good at all, and it wasn't a balm that was particularly hydrating. Instead, it was one of those balms that sits on top of the lips and feels greasy or oily rather than moisturizing. Very disappointing product!
Review for: Opal
Love these quench lippies! Opal was a pretty milky pink color. I could see how some would find it a miss and some would find it a hit just based on the color. For me, the soft minty smell and buttery texture of the product sold me on it. Great hydration and long lasting. However, this specific sheen of color did highlight any dry flakes I had on my lips. I used it at bedtime, problem solved. This time I bought the Nude color and it's FANTASTIC
Review for: Rose
I first bought one of these in Opal, and that was really nice. I decided to go with Nude this time for the sole purpose of wanting a splash of hydration without much pigmentation. (Opal didn't really have pigment, more like a baby pink milky color. Pretty.) so far I am LOVING the "Nude" color. Same great hydration, same great soft minty scent! Super soft and buttery, with a hint of gloss effect on the lips.
Ammie R.
Ammie R.
Review for: Rose
I love the nude in this lip rescue, or any they are hard to mess up. I went to Sephora and purchased this for $19 after I had read some reviews on it. I love it! I have very dry lips and this is amazing! It stays on for a long time so I do not have to keep reapplying it. It does not have a heavy stick feel like some do. I use this after the tarte maracuja lip exfloliant. A deffinate recommend.
Kristen m.
Kristen m.
Review for: Rose
The packaging is what enticed me to buy this because it is just too cute. The product itself is great! It has the same consistency of vaseline lip care but with a nice tint. It also has a high gloss which is a great bonus. What i love is that this product feels like its a lip treatment but gives you the look of wearing lip gloss. It is easy to apply and feels so soft on the lips.
Kaitlin G.
Kaitlin G.
Review for: Rose
I got the Dench Lip Splash Lipstick in Happy, which is a rose pink. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous, along with every other product in this line. And I absolutely love how smooth it goes on. And it stays all day! You can make it darker by putting on a few more coats or do just one and be done. I definitely recommend everyone checking it out.
Iris G.
Iris G.
East Islip, NY
Review for: Rose
I am obsessed with this product. I am a big fan of Tarte Cosmetics and was so happy to find that the Rainforest of the Sea Quench Lip Rescue was the answer to my winter dry lips. Not only is this product have beautiful packaging but it will leave your lips feeling refreshed and smooth. It is one of my favorites and perfect for the summer season!
Polina V.
Polina V.
Review for: Nude
I love this stuff. It has a nice minty smell, and a pretty soft tint, but most importantly, it works so well! It's not the cheapest lip balm, but I've never had a tinted balm I like this much. It's not slippery exactly - it's very moisturizing and you can feel it sinking in. It feels kind of cooling on the lips too.
Michelle D.
Michelle D.
I want to try this since I love light lip color, but I also need lots of hydration - I have really bad luck with trying lip products. I've heard mixed reviews about this. I've also been told to try Fresh's Sugar tinted lip treatment. What do you guys think?
Kelly N.
Kelly N.
I have heard some beauty guru's on YouTube mention that this product can be messy. They say it is apparently so soft it's too soft. Is there any truth to this? I really want to try it as I think it looks gorgeous on. Does it have a scent? Flavour? Is it just shiny or does it actually moisturize your lips?
Yareli C.
Yareli C.
Porterville, CA
Is it good?
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
West Haven, CT
I got a sample from Sephora, and it came in a cardboard tube, and the lipstick itself broke very easily. What does the full size come in, and is it more durable? Thanks!
Holly N.
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
If you got this in your SephoraPlay was you disappointed in the pigmentation? This is definitely a colored chapstick, do you agree?