8 colors available

BY TARTE

A moisturizing lip balm in an array of sheer color shades.

Product performance: Like a drink of water for your lips, this tinted lip balm shields and rescues lips from early signs of aging, while delivering intense hydration and soft, subtle color. The antioxidant and vitamin-rich lip quencher is powered by a blend of essential extracts and oils to help restore the softness, moisture and elasticity that escapes lips over time while providing a protective antioxidant barrier against daily aggressors. The tinted everyday formula is vegan friendly and gently melts into skin to smooth over the look of lip lines with a radiant, dewy finish.

Nude, rose, berry Ingredients: Polybutene, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, punica granatum sterols, diisostearyl malate, polyethylene, C12-15 alkyl lactate, octyldodecanol, isostearyl hydroxystearate, triisostearyl citrate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tridecyl trimellitate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, aroma, algae extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hexylene glycol, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, phenoxyethanol, silica dimethyl silylate, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan isostearate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), red 30 lake (CI 73360), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Opal Ingredients: Polybutene, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, punica granatum sterols, diisostearyl malate, polyethylene, C12-15 alkyl lactate, octyldodecanol, isostearyl hydroxystearate, triisostearyl citrate, trimethylolpropane triisostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, tridecyl trimellitate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrogenated polycyclopentadiene, aroma, algae extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gardenia taitensis flower extract, hexylene glycol, palmitoyl tripeptide-1, phenoxyethanol, silica dimethyl silylate, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan isostearate, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, tribehenin. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), iron oxides (CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Made in Canada.

Buy on Sephora
Gillian W.
Gillian W.
Review for: Rose
Texture and Ease of Application - 3 out of 5 - This is an extremely thick product. It heats up and melts as you apply it, so it will be quick to finish off compared to other lip rescues and tinted treatments I have tried in the past. The texture, though.. It feels like I have a high-gloss lacquer, or maybe even go so far as too much Aquaphor on my lips. It's not exactly pleasant, but it's not super sticky, which is the redeeming factor.

Color and Pigmentation - 2 out of 5 - I don't know what I was expecting out of a shade called "nude" - not much to begin with, I suppose. But there is virtually no pigmentation despite how thick the formula is. If anything, it will at least be universally flattering.

Drying or Hydrating? - 2 out of 5 - For a product that promises to intensely hydration your lips, this delivers... for a very brief amount of time. As the day wears on, I found it to be more drying, and I could not help but to chew on my lips. It's something you'd want to keep applying, like chap stick.

Wear time: 2 out of 5 - Virtually non-existent. I think I got maybe an hour out of this product before the pigmentation was gone and the hydration factor wore off.

Overall Results - 2 out of 5 - Poor

The bottom line: With how much this particular lip line touts hydration essences and long-term results, I just do not feel it with this color. It might work as a pre-lipstick hydration treatment - something you wear while you do the rest of your makeup and then remove before you put on your long-wearing lip color. It might work okay for that, and it would definitely have to be barely pigmented/non-staining, but it won't deliver long-term results like other products, like the BITE Beauty Agave Lip Mask.

I will not be procuring more of this product.
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
Review for: Rose
I got a mini sized version of this in a $9 offer Sephora had that included this and Tarte's Cabana Boy lipstick. I tried this one for the first time yesterday and I actually really liked it! I wasn't expecting anything remarkable from it. It's not long-wearing, it's not transfer proof, and it's not super pigmented. But I love it for when I don't want to wear a lipstick or gloss, but still want to give my lips a little something. It's very natural looking on the lips, and it personally goes really well with my natural lip color, which is pretty similar. It is sheen, not super pigmented, and it does have a minty effect on the lips (not annoying or overpowering in any way). It looks very glossy on, which I like because it keeps my lips looking natural but with a little shine. I don't really see any healing effects coming from this, but I love the way it felt on and I loved the color; I was surprised that it looked so good on me and I'll probably purchase the full size when I run out of this little one. I will say that I did not appreciate the super cheap packaging the mini size one came in. It felt like cardboard and is super lightweight. As long as you don't expect a long-lasting and transfer proof lip product, I think you'll like this.
Cassie K.
Cassie K.
Review for: Rose
So.. i have pretty mixed feelings about this product, but overall i think it's pretty good - it was just advertised in a way that doesn't seem very representative of the product. In a nutshell, this seems like Tarte's version of the Fresh Sugar balms. It's an incredibly thick, moisturizing balm. Upon application it immediately melts onto your lips - the stick is VERY soft. I also bought the mini duo from Sephora, and have already broken the stick. You really just need to have it wound up the slightest amount, and then apply with barely any pressure as it just melts onto your lips. The way the packaging and names are, you'd think there was more pigment, but the shade in the duo, was essentially clear. Yes, it was a nude color, but it was basically sheer/transparent. That said, it's a great product that works, just don't expect a thin, tinted balm. I tend to use this before bed and just leave it overnight, and i can definitely tell a difference just after a few days.
Holly K.
Holly K.
Review for: Rose
I purchased the $9 duo from Sephora that included a mini quench lip balm in nude and cabana boy lipstick. This balm hardly has any color- it looks like MLBB but is very sheer. Its slightly cooling and melts like butter on the lips, however I don't think its anything special. The scent is minty in a medicinal way- its exactly like Tiger Balm (which is for sore muscles like Icy Hot). To be honest the scent is what turns me off to this product. I wish the scent was as good of a mint as Buxom or Burt's Bees lip products. I will use up my sample size but I'm glad I didn't buy the full size. The texture is similar to how Fresh's balms glide easily onto the lips but its even more slick. On a positive note it does feel hydrating.
Holly G.
Holly G.
Seattle, WA
Review for: Rose
I love this lip rescue! It seriously moisturizes my lips so much. I don't typically wear it during the day because I like to wear a little bit more of a bold lip, and I got the nude color with the pink packaging, and it is my go to product to put on my lips when they feel dry. Tip: don't twist it up too much because the product itself is pretty fragile and will smoosh over the sides if you try to use too much at one time. I try to just keep it level and flush with the tip of the tube and am able to get plenty of product still! I would definitely repurchase this product.
Alice E.
Alice E.
Nashville, TN
Review for: Rose
I purchased the nude and pearl shades at my local Sephora. The colors are light and pretty. Opal is basically clear with a little shimmer. It is very soft and feels creamy going on. I love the creamy moisturizing feeling. It has a minty smell/feel that is not my favorite, especially when my lips are chapped. I wear it often, but it's not my go-to because of the minty smell and sensation. If you like that sort of thing, then you would rate it higher than me!
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Review for: Rose
I picked up this lip balm from the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea collection along with a few other beauties from that launch, and this was the only one I ended up returning. It's more or less just a very expensive lip balm - the color payoff wasn't good at all, and it wasn't a balm that was particularly hydrating. Instead, it was one of those balms that sits on top of the lips and feels greasy or oily rather than moisturizing. Very disappointing product!
Melinda M.
Melinda M.
Warrenton , Mo
Review for: Rose
I absolutely love this product! It almost melts on my lips as I apply it and it is extremely hydrating. I purchased the nude color first and then went back and purchased the opal color. Neither is highly pigmented which suits me perfectly. I have also applied this over a shade of lipstick that I was not completely fond of to change the shade and that worked beautifully as well. There are 2 other shades and I will be returning to purchase them as well.
Review for: Opal
Love these quench lippies! Opal was a pretty milky pink color. I could see how some would find it a miss and some would find it a hit just based on the color. For me, the soft minty smell and buttery texture of the product sold me on it. Great hydration and long lasting. However, this specific sheen of color did highlight any dry flakes I had on my lips. I used it at bedtime, problem solved. This time I bought the Nude color and it's FANTASTIC
Review for: Rose
I first bought one of these in Opal, and that was really nice. I decided to go with Nude this time for the sole purpose of wanting a splash of hydration without much pigmentation. (Opal didn't really have pigment, more like a baby pink milky color. Pretty.) so far I am LOVING the "Nude" color. Same great hydration, same great soft minty scent! Super soft and buttery, with a hint of gloss effect on the lips.
Michelle D.
Michelle D.
I want to try this since I love light lip color, but I also need lots of hydration - I have really bad luck with trying lip products. I've heard mixed reviews about this. I've also been told to try Fresh's Sugar tinted lip treatment. What do you guys think?
Yareli C.
Yareli C.
Porterville, CA
Is it good?
Kelly N.
Kelly N.
I have heard some beauty guru's on YouTube mention that this product can be messy. They say it is apparently so soft it's too soft. Is there any truth to this? I really want to try it as I think it looks gorgeous on. Does it have a scent? Flavour? Is it just shiny or does it actually moisturize your lips?
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
West Haven, CT
I got a sample from Sephora, and it came in a cardboard tube, and the lipstick itself broke very easily. What does the full size come in, and is it more durable? Thanks!
Holly N.
Holly N.
Little Rock , AR
If you got this in your SephoraPlay was you disappointed in the pigmentation? This is definitely a colored chapstick, do you agree?