Add a Photo

By TARTE
#1 in Face Oil

A 100 percent pure organic maracuja oil. This undiluted organic and moisturizing maracuja oil quickly absorbs for firmer, brighter, smoother skin. Pure maracuja oil is rich in vitamin C, so skin appears instantly brighter and more radiant, as well as essential fatty acids (EFAs), a requirement for healthy skin cells that the body cannot produce on its own. EFA deficiency can result in the breakdown of essential skin cells which causes skin to appear dry and aged. By supplementing skin with pure maracuja oil, you are infusing life back into dull skin and replenishing EFAs to rapidly rebuild and repair. This potent antiaging elixir that has anti-inflammatory benefits promotes active skin recovery and delivers maximum hydration without any greasy or filmy feel. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Petrochemicals- Phthalates- GMOs- TriclosanResearch results: In a 6 week consumer use study:-96% of women saw an overall visible improvement in skin-91% of women saw a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles-94% of women saw a visible improvement in skin texture-94% of women thought skin appeared renewed and rejuvenated.

Photos (529)
Becki M.
Becki M.
Lansing, MI
I've been using this for about a month. I use it in the morning and at night before bed. I know other people mentioned adding a drop or two to your lotion but I'm using it straight out of the bottle. I have yet to find a lotion I really like so I thought I'd try this on it's own first. I love it. My skin is just soaking it right up.

My skin has never been so soft and smooth. My skin normally gets so dry that it gets flaky in some spots and breaks out really bad in others. I also have blotchy skin. Since I started using the oil, my skin is super soft. It has evened my skin tone, which has been a slow but noticeable process. And I haven't had a single blemish since I started using it. I can always count on, at very least, breaking out after getting my eyebrows threaded, but I just got them done yesterday and my skin seemed to recover faster and I don't have a single blemish from the threading or the stuff they put on after. That's never happened.

It can be a little greasy if you're using it on its own. I tend to get a little heavy-handed with it (which is why I had to stop using coconut oil). But even when I know I've used too much, it doesn't cause my skin to break out. The worst that happens is my hair gets stuck in it while it's soaking in to my skin. But it soaks in well & soaks in fairly quickly, so I just stick a headband on and/or just rub it in a little more.

Because I'm using it straight out of the bottle, I'm using more than the 1 drop or 2 drops that other people say they use each day. But I still haven't even made a dent in the bottle. It's definitely going to last me 6-8 months or more. So the cost may seem high, but it is so worth it.
Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.
Nov. 5, 2016, 3:03 p.m.
Review for: Travel Size
I saw some great reviews for this product so decided to get the travel size. I love it! Its a pure oil so I didnt think the $15 for this size was too bad. I only use about 5 drops a day so this is going to last me a long time! Its very hydrating and I feel like my skin is so much more dewy and glowy after using this. I apply one drop to my hand and then use my fingers to smooth it under my eyes and around my mouth ("smile/frown lines"). I also mix a drop or two into my day cream and night cream before putting it on and a drop in my foundation before applying it. My skin feels the softest and looks the brightest its been in a long time! This will last me a while, but when I finally run out Ill definitely buy it again. Worth every penny!

I just wanted to add: The scent...its a very light but weird smell. But its not "fragrance". Its just the way it naturally smells. Its not a great scent, but not horrible either. The smell fades as soon as u rub it into your skin. It doesnt linger.
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Dec. 24, 2016, 7:19 p.m.
Review for: Travel Size
I received this little maracuja oil in December's Ipsy Glam Bag. Rich in essential fatty acids known to recharge and replenish the skin, maracuja oil works to rejuvenate and deliver an even-toned complexion while its infusion of vitamin C creates the appearance of brighter skin. It has no parabens, sulfates, or phthalates, and is vegan, hypoallergenic, and free of mineral oil. This powerful elixir claims to provide anti-aging benefits and instant hydration - quenching dry skin without leaving it greasy or filmy. I absolutely love oils - I used to shy away from them (I mean, who wants their skin to look greasy?) but I've found that oils have played a huge part in balancing out the oil/moisture balance in my skin, and just a few drops added to my evening moisturizer or foundation in the morning help keep my skin looking dewy and healthy without any oily buildup. It can also be used as a makeup remover, cuticle moisturizer, or to tame flyaways. Highly recommended for all skin types!
Chelsea B.
Chelsea B.
Fishers, IN
Oh my goodness I LOOOOOOOVE this product. The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars, is my beautiful wooden cap fell apart (and lets face it, we are paying a lot for packaging). The wood separated from the plastic underneath and my golden dropper top fell apart, but I can easily place it back on to draw up some oil. I use this at night after cleansing my face! It really makes my skin hydrated and more radiant looking in my opinion. Also, I'll mix a drop into some foundation on days my skin is a little more dry (like in the winter). I let my 8 year old daughter moisturize her face with this, as well.

I also only gave it 4 stars because of the price ... I will say, you can get pure maracuja oil MUCH cheaper than this.. much much cheaper. When I am out I plan to buy some off amazon, and just fill in my pretty dropper bottle from Tarte.

Also, I have no issue with the smell whatsoever. I'm pregnant right now too with a super sniffer, and this doesn't bother me.
Echo W.
Echo W.
Ocean Shores, WA
I was given the opportunity to try this product out through Ipsy back in November. In over a year of being a subscriber, this is by far my favorite product. The small bottle lasts me about 2 months, and I don't go sparingly. I use it mixed with my moisturizer, morning and night. Alone, as an eye cream. I add a drop to my foundation to give my skin a more dewy appearance and assist with blending my blush and contour. It has done wonders, when used regularly, to balance my combination skin and even sped up the healing process on some stubborn breakouts I had been dealing with. If you're hesitant to try it because the thought of oil makes you think of breakouts, you're not alone, but no worries as this DOES NOT clog pores. I would bathe in this oil if I could, but because of the price I'm stingy with it and only use it on my face despite what others have said about how it works well for other areas like hair and cuticles.
Lilli R.
Lilli R.
Stamford, CT
This is one of my favorite oils, and by far my favorite spring beauty product. I love that this oil is so moisturizing, particularly on the ends of my very dry hair. I also use it on my elbows, knees, and on the dry spots on my face. It's super hydrating and my skin drinks it right up. I tend to think of this oil as my "emergency" go-to, super product for fixing just about any skin issue. I've also read that maracujo oil has been historically used to keep skin smooth, radiant, and glowing. I've also heard that it was used for pain relief, though I can't provide any insight into that. Maybe it would be good in a massage for a sore back or neck?

I have to disagree with the reviews that say it doesn't absorb well. I think it really depends on what your skin is like regularly. If you're like me and have super dry skin it's going to be a product that soaks right it.

Definitely a must-have for every serious beauty maven!
Ali F.
Ali F.
I'm joining the ranks of people praising Tarte's Maracuja Oil. I've received it twice in its sample form. Once in a Tarte Holiday Kit (2015) and once in an Ipsy bag. this multi-use oil is everything and anything you want it to be!

I use it in conjunction with my Rodan and Fields Unblemish moisturizer. My moisturizer keeps my skin clear, but not necessarily moist so I mix in this oil. It gives me a soft, dewey, healthy glow. I also think it softens my skin.

I also like using a drop in my ABH dipbrow to keep it moist and apply smoothly.

At night, I rub a bit on the ends of my hair and in the morning, it's healthier and shinier than ever.

I read that some other Influensters have mixed it with their eyeshadow -- I'm going to try that this holiday season with Urban Decay's Moondust palette.

I look forward to purchasing the full-size bottle when my second sample runs dry!

Stefanie G.
Stefanie G.
Carl Junction, MO
I got a sample of the Tarte Maracuja Oil in my Ipsy bag and with everyone in a makeup Facebook group raving about it I thought I'd give it a try.

I was quite hesitant at first because after switching birth control I started having issues with breakouts all over my face and was worried about putting OIL on my face. But I thought it can't get much worse so let's see what all that hype is about.

And I am so very happy I gave it a shot. I now put it on nightly after taking off my makeup and before my night cream and my skin is so super soft and even tho I still have a few breakouts here and there it's by far less than I had before I started using this oil.

My only complaint is the smell. It's not super gross but I wish it would smell a little fruity or something but that's just a teeny tiny complaint and really won't stop me from keeping on using it!
Madison K.
Madison K.
Best face serum has to be the best stuff that I've ever found at first I was a little skeptical to try it because who wants to put oil on their face when their face is already early and prone to break out my skin is also very sensitive but I figured I would give it a try worst case scenario I just need you not to use it again next time only does it have a convenient built-in pump it doesn't really have a fragrance it's very simple to use and it lasts a long time even in the travel bottle to my surprise this has been my Holy Grail oil since I received it if I go without this for a day my skin definitely can see the difference it is very nourishing to the skin and it makes your skin very soft I even noticed that it took away some of my wrinkles as will be my Holy Grail face oil forever and it did not cause any breakouts it actually took them away
Dulce C Kim W.
Dulce C Kim W.
Woods Cross, UT
I too was given the opportunity to try this by Ipsy. And I am so glad because otherwise I might not have tried it but now I will definitely be purchasing it. You can wear it on a clean face before bed. Your face will look good in the morning and you can clean off excess with a toner in the morning. I personally like to mix a drop into my makeup (I use Revlon Colorstay) on the back of my hand with I then dot on my face and blend with a brush. My face looks dewey and glowing. No cake face here! And my face doesn't greasy at all. The only thing I noticed, and this might just be me or my brand of makeup, but I noticed that when I mix it with my makeup it turns about a shade darker? Not a big problem with the right blending thou. Overall, it's been a great skin saver this winter and it doesn't break me out even thou I'm acne prone.
ashley c.
ashley c.
Does this make acne worse?
Cara L.
Cara L.
Waterloo, ON
I just purchases this and I'm going to try it. Anything I should know about it? Do I just put a couple drops and rub it into my face? Should I finish with a moisturizer? Any tips please share!!
Lexi H.
Lexi H.
Oklahoma City, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
Seems a bit expensive, is it worth it?
Emily D.
Emily D.
I am thinking about purchasing the travel size to try and I was wondering how long this size would last (only using 2-3 drops per day)? Also, what are the pros and cons of this? Thanks!
Jessica O.
Jessica O.
How do you used this oil? What is it meant for?