BY TARTE #2 in Face Oil

Vegan face oil for a healthy, radiant complexion with no greasy feel

• Maracuja oil: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother skin; helps promote active skin recovery and rejuvenation while delivering maximum hydration

Product performance: This powerful, precious skincare oil is cold-pressed from the maracuja fruit, naturally rich in brightening vitamin C and replenishing essential fatty acids to nourish, protect and feed your skin. Harvested from the best in nature to restore balance and harmony, you can apply a few drops of this daily moisturizing face oil to quench dry skin and seal in hydration, as the gentle multi-tasker helps calm excess sebum production on oily and acne-prone skin. You can also mix it with your foundation for enhanced moisture and anti-aging benefits with a dewy, radiant finish. The weightless, hypoallergenic formula helps firm and soften without clogging pores, and works to provide an antioxidant barrier against environmental attack.

Ingredients: Passiflora edulis seed oil, tocopherol.

WARNING: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without  phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten.

Made in Brazil.

• Tarte Maracuja oil is good?9 Answers
  • When do you apply this? Before makeup? Before bed?19 Answers
  • Can you compare this to farasali unicorn essence? What is your fi...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I have a sample of this, I only use a drop or two for my whole face. It's very moisturizing, leaving my face soft and supple. I only use at night though, because I have oily skin." in 1638 reviews
Lauren K.
PRODUCT FIRST IMPRESSIONS : The picture I took is NOT FULL SIZE! It's the PREMIUM SAMPLE size, I've received this size from monthly subscription bag/box. Went back to ipsy website/app for more and since this size lasted so long, I saw no reason to buy full size, it was less than $20. Idk if I'd buy full size unless you can't find smaller size. It really last so long, I think it would go past length of time you should keep a makeup product!
PRODUCT REVIEW: they have me as a permanent customer due to this product alone! I LOVE the marcacuja oil, it's really different from other oils...and I was definitely skeptical! All season use, especially during winter. Perfect oil to prep skin, using it about 4 times a week, each use requires approx. 4-5 drops to cover entire face, max amount. If you get super dry like me during winter, an extra drop can be used over a few flaky, irritated areas of skin. Not heavy, soaks into skin in about 3-5 minutes. Let it dry/soak in completely before using any type of bb or cc cream or any other face prep cream. If you don't, the cream won't apply well, it will start to get sticky/gum up/ feel weird, just let oil absorb completely! If wearing makeup, this has become my must have, it primes skin so well, I know if it's the first product on skin, it's gonna be a smooth application of rest of my products! Mostly only use in a.m., idk that it offers much in the realm if anti aging, or any benefits you may get from ur night time lotions/creams/masks.
It is super easy to apply, push down the top center gold circle, twist off and there's a glass dropper attached to inside of lid (hence pressing gold button on lid to pull product from jar into dropper) . FYI it is glass, I've never had mine break, but I'm assuming it will break if you drop it. Anyways, I love the glass dropper, you avoid touching oil in jar directly & transferring bacteria to oil as much as if you were only using finger or brush. I place dropper above skin to avoid any transfer from skin on neck & face and to see how many drops I've used. I rub it in with silicone applicator or if my fingers are super clean, I'll rub in circular motion until it's evenly distributed. Make sure it's tightly closed if you put in makeup bag. I've never had the dropper break, never had bottle break either and I carry this in a makeup bag with rest of makeup and have one I keep in a smaller bag with basic face products.
Its #tarte so it isn't cheap full size is around 35-40?But, that's why I put such a detailed review...it has been amazing life saver and made me a firm believer in oils for ANY type of skin. My skin is like, bipolar, sometimes super dry and even flakes off, sometimes it's super oily & t zone looks like I went mad with a luminizer highlight, lol😂. In winter, it can get dry enough to cause irritation & break outs...All can lead to super uneven makeup distribution. This marcacuja oil has been amazing to prime face and deeply hydrate skin. Even when it's oily, I use this oil. It seems to even out skin oils or adds something to balance face oils, it's never led to excessive oil or break outs.
EXTRA THOUGHTS & BRAND OPINION: Photograph also has some favorite #tarte products from the Amazonian clay line, I think that's what all these are from (the line with pink labels!!) Tarte has various themed lines & color coordinate product packaging for that line, mainly the newer products that are featured for each line. Brilliant if you ask me! If u can't remember name, you at least know color of packaging/labels to look for. The details matter like the glass dropper, and def separate high end makeup from drug store/non prestige makeup.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
Just recently purchased this from Ulta. My face is so dry from this winter weather, my lips are so chapped, and around my mouth, and nose are peeling and flaking. I can't exfoliate, or moisturize enough, so I finally picked up this, in hopes for it to heal my skin. I also picked up another moisturizer for dry skin as well. These two products are doing the job! This oil has no scent, and only two ingredients! So it has no bad stuff! It's soaks in well, I wasn't sure what to expect with a oil, thinking it may be like baby oil and just sit on the skin, but it actually soaks in well, sits under makeup nicely. It doesn't make your foundation separate like your own natural oils would do either. The application is interesting, with the dropper having a button on top of the lid. It can be spilt easily because it has a large opening so be careful! I'm definitely glad I got this and will probably be repurchasing. I do two drops and it covers my whole face. I could probably go with just one but right now I need the moisture!! I'm interested to see how it works with mixing in my foundation to make it glowy and other things. I got two of the small bottles for $8 each on sale. So I'm sure it's going to last Forever!
Shasha S.
Vanessa J.
Wise, VA
Absolutely loved it, it was like silk on my skin! I've got to get it back, if anyone's read some of my reviews, we were robbed while gone and just a hunch says they're was a woman present, I lost my entire make-up collection, all curling irons, all hair care products, bath and body products. I did have that in my collection it came in a Ipsy bag, and I instantly feel in love used it day and night! Loved the smell, the silky soft feeling of my skin!❤ It was wonderful I even put it on the back of my hands. PRO TIP the hands is very much like the face and will give away your age quick no matter how well you've done with your face, neck! Trust me when I say we pay attention to our face because people see it 1st. Younger ladies please take care of your skin all over! When you reach my age you will see why if you don't!! You'll have a younger appearance in the face but the body will tell on you 😂😂😂
vanessa v.
Phoenix
I Love Love Loveee this oil. I have really dry skin and my eye lids dry out and start flaking. And I couldnt find any moisturizers to stop it from doing that especially because I have extremely sensitive skin so its hard to find one that won't swoll up my face. The only moisturizer I found that doesn't do that is Vanicream Lite lotion . But that alone didn't stop the flaking on my eyelids all the way. Once I started using this oil and the lotion I saw the difference right away. I put this on every time I get out of the shower. If you exfoliate your face in the shower only put on a little little bit cause a couple drops go a long way and you don't want to clog up your pores.I only put it on my eyelids when I exfoliate my face and then the lotion on the rest of my face. & Be careful so you don't get it in your eyes it doesn't burn but you'll see an oil film for awhile if you do. Overall I would recommend the product. I most definitely have seen a difference in my face and neck once I started using it.
Jennifer J.
Anchorage, AK
Disclosure: tarte Pure Maracuja Oil / 1.07oz bottle I received for #free in exchange for my honest opinion and review as part of a #contest @Influenster:

This was my first time using this pure Maracuja Oil by Tarte Cosmetics. I found it to be a very good moisture barrier and additional moisture additive to my foundation nightly serum in winter or even split ends when they get unruly.

My final thoughts: pure Maracuja Oil by tarte is a light weight moisture serum that can be used in many different ways. I prefer my serums to be a bit more on the heavier side do to the extreme winter weather. This is on the pricey side and it doesn’t last long if you use it daily.

#Influenster #contest #MaracjaOil #Tarte cosmetics
Alicia 💕.
Canton, GA
I love this product because it always provides the exact amount of moisture I need until the next day I put it on every night you really only need about one or two drops and then into the next day my my skin is still feeling moisturize not dry I will say that if you have oily skin this is something that you probably shouldn't use is used to even out your skin tone but if you have oily skin or skin that usually breaks out easily I wouldn't use this I have friends who use those who have sensitive skin and they break out every time so I wouldn't recommend this for anybody with sensitive skin but if you don't have sensitive skin I would recommend you trying this because I have I had splotches in my face and now they're gone because my skin tone is very even I use this every single night it last forever because the bottle is huge so it is a little on the pricey side and you can get it at Alta and I believe Sephora for about $30 the cheapest if I'm correct but it's a great product
Madeline B.
I bought this to try it because I don't use any oils at night just moisturizer. I want to improve my skin care so I purchased this and it does moisturize your skin it give you that extra boost. I have oily skin, it does make me look a bit more oily so I only apply it at night. To me I didn't see a huge difference besides my face feeling hydrated the next day my t zone was a little oily, but the rest of my face was smooth. I would recommend this to people who are lacking moister but definitely not for oily skin. Its also good to use for some makeup foundations that are a little to thick it give you more of a natural glow in a way but you also have to be carful not to add so much of it I have my ups and downs when I try mixing it with foundation.
Brianna L.
Concord , NC
I apply this every morning after my moisturizer and I just can’t get enough of it. A little goes such a long way and it does miracles for my dry skin. My skin seems to absorb the oil which leaves me with supple soft radiant skin that feels amazing. This product is fairly affordable and it smells so good. There is no chemically smell to it and it comes in the cute purple bottle. There are 2 sizes. I have the travel size. I use it every morning and every night before I go to bed. My little bottle has lasted me well over a month and I have barely made a dent in it. I will FOR SURE be purchasing this product again when it runs out. I don’t even want to try another facial oil. I tried it once for a youtube first impressions video and absolutely fell in love with it on the first use. Even days a I don’t wear makeup I wear this product. If I was stranded on a desert island and could only have one product it would be the Tarte Marajuca oil and I wouldn’t even have to give it a second thought. Best product Tarte has ever released.
Eman S.
Stafford, TX
Review for: Pure more...
This is a great all around oil! It's extremely nourishing and is a more natural alternative to other skincare products that are full of chemicals. Its multi-useful and can be used for skin, nails, hair, and body to help promote moisture and growth. I don't usually use this as my morning oil because of how oily it really is. I typically use this as a night oil to help condition my skin when I'm asleep. If you have doubts, I know Sephora offers the travel size that comes loaded with product enough to determine a true opinion. I also love the packaging because of the rustic and wooden lid.
ashley c.
Does this make acne worse?
Lexi H.
Edmond, OK
Seems a bit expensive, is it worth it?
Cara L.
Kitchener, ON
I just purchases this and I'm going to try it. Anything I should know about it? Do I just put a couple drops and rub it into my face? Should I finish with a moisturizer? Any tips please share!!
Samantha B.
When do you apply this? Before makeup? Before bed?
Emily D.
I am thinking about purchasing the travel size to try and I was wondering how long this size would last (only using 2-3 drops per day)? Also, what are the pros and cons of this? Thanks!