tarte Maracuja OilInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY TARTE #3 in Face Oil

Vegan face oil for a healthy, radiant complexion with no greasy feel

• Maracuja oil: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother skin; helps promote active skin recovery and rejuvenation while delivering maximum hydration

Product performance: This powerful, precious skincare oil is cold-pressed from the maracuja fruit, naturally rich in brightening vitamin C and replenishing essential fatty acids to nourish, protect and feed your skin. Harvested from the best in nature to restore balance and harmony, you can apply a few drops of this daily moisturizing face oil to quench dry skin and seal in hydration, as the gentle multi-tasker helps calm excess sebum production on oily and acne-prone skin. You can also mix it with your foundation for enhanced moisture and anti-aging benefits with a dewy, radiant finish. The weightless, hypoallergenic formula helps firm and soften without clogging pores, and works to provide an antioxidant barrier against environmental attack.

Ingredients: Passiflora edulis seed oil, tocopherol.

WARNING: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without  phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten.

Made in Brazil.

• tarte Maracuja Oil Has any one of you reached your MAXIMU...2 Answers
  • Tarte Maracuja oil is good?12 Answers
  • When do you apply this? Before makeup? Before bed?25 Answers
tarte Maracuja Oil
  • "I have a sample of this, I only use a drop or two for my whole face. It's very moisturizing, leaving my face soft and supple. I only use at night though, because I have oily skin." in 1638 reviews
Lauren K.
PRODUCT FIRST IMPRESSIONS : The picture I took is NOT FULL SIZE! It's the PREMIUM SAMPLE size, I've received this size from monthly subscription bag/box. Went back to ipsy website/app for more and since this size lasted so long, I saw no reason to buy full size, it was less than $20. Idk if I'd buy full size unless you can't find smaller size. It really last so long, I think it would go past length of time you should keep a makeup product!
PRODUCT REVIEW: they have me as a permanent customer due to this product alone! I LOVE the marcacuja oil, it's really different from other oils...and I was definitely skeptical! All season use, especially during winter. Perfect oil to prep skin, using it about 4 times a week, each use requires approx. 4-5 drops to cover entire face, max amount. If you get super dry like me during winter, an extra drop can be used over a few flaky, irritated areas of skin. Not heavy, soaks into skin in about 3-5 minutes. Let it dry/soak in completely before using any type of bb or cc cream or any other face prep cream. If you don't, the cream won't apply well, it will start to get sticky/gum up/ feel weird, just let oil absorb completely! If wearing makeup, this has become my must have, it primes skin so well, I know if it's the first product on skin, it's gonna be a smooth application of rest of my products! Mostly only use in a.m., idk that it offers much in the realm if anti aging, or any benefits you may get from ur night time lotions/creams/masks.
It is super easy to apply, push down the top center gold circle, twist off and there's a glass dropper attached to inside of lid (hence pressing gold button on lid to pull product from jar into dropper) . FYI it is glass, I've never had mine break, but I'm assuming it will break if you drop it. Anyways, I love the glass dropper, you avoid touching oil in jar directly & transferring bacteria to oil as much as if you were only using finger or brush. I place dropper above skin to avoid any transfer from skin on neck & face and to see how many drops I've used. I rub it in with silicone applicator or if my fingers are super clean, I'll rub in circular motion until it's evenly distributed. Make sure it's tightly closed if you put in makeup bag. I've never had the dropper break, never had bottle break either and I carry this in a makeup bag with rest of makeup and have one I keep in a smaller bag with basic face products.
Its #tarte so it isn't cheap full size is around 35-40?But, that's why I put such a detailed review...it has been amazing life saver and made me a firm believer in oils for ANY type of skin. My skin is like, bipolar, sometimes super dry and even flakes off, sometimes it's super oily & t zone looks like I went mad with a luminizer highlight, lol😂. In winter, it can get dry enough to cause irritation & break outs...All can lead to super uneven makeup distribution. This marcacuja oil has been amazing to prime face and deeply hydrate skin. Even when it's oily, I use this oil. It seems to even out skin oils or adds something to balance face oils, it's never led to excessive oil or break outs.
EXTRA THOUGHTS & BRAND OPINION: Photograph also has some favorite #tarte products from the Amazonian clay line, I think that's what all these are from (the line with pink labels!!) Tarte has various themed lines & color coordinate product packaging for that line, mainly the newer products that are featured for each line. Brilliant if you ask me! If u can't remember name, you at least know color of packaging/labels to look for. The details matter like the glass dropper, and def separate high end makeup from drug store/non prestige makeup.
vanessa v.
Phoenix
I Love Love Loveee this oil. I have really dry skin and my eye lids dry out and start flaking. And I couldnt find any moisturizers to stop it from doing that especially because I have extremely sensitive skin so its hard to find one that won't swoll up my face. The only moisturizer I found that doesn't do that is Vanicream Lite lotion . But that alone didn't stop the flaking on my eyelids all the way. Once I started using this oil and the lotion I saw the difference right away. I put this on every time I get out of the shower. If you exfoliate your face in the shower only put on a little little bit cause a couple drops go a long way and you don't want to clog up your pores.I only put it on my eyelids when I exfoliate my face and then the lotion on the rest of my face. & Be careful so you don't get it in your eyes it doesn't burn but you'll see an oil film for awhile if you do. Overall I would recommend the product. I most definitely have seen a difference in my face and neck once I started using it.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
Just recently purchased this from Ulta. My face is so dry from this winter weather, my lips are so chapped, and around my mouth, and nose are peeling and flaking. I can't exfoliate, or moisturize enough, so I finally picked up this, in hopes for it to heal my skin. I also picked up another moisturizer for dry skin as well. These two products are doing the job! This oil has no scent, and only two ingredients! So it has no bad stuff! It's soaks in well, I wasn't sure what to expect with a oil, thinking it may be like baby oil and just sit on the skin, but it actually soaks in well, sits under makeup nicely. It doesn't make your foundation separate like your own natural oils would do either. The application is interesting, with the dropper having a button on top of the lid. It can be spilt easily because it has a large opening so be careful! I'm definitely glad I got this and will probably be repurchasing. I do two drops and it covers my whole face. I could probably go with just one but right now I need the moisture!! I'm interested to see how it works with mixing in my foundation to make it glowy and other things. I got two of the small bottles for $8 each on sale. So I'm sure it's going to last Forever!
Sarah C.
Leander
I got a mini/sample size of this oil as an Ulta GWP and I've really been enjoying it for the last month or so.  I love the pretty glass purple bottle with the gold cap. Really pretty and would look great on any vanity.  The little dropper is pretty easy to use and control how much you are using, which is nice because a little goes a long way, like any oil. I have combination skin and usually any kind of oil breaks me out, but this is good to use on my drier areas like forehead and under eyes. Mostly I have been using this under my eyes either at night after I wash my face or in the morning before I put on makeup. I use the dropper to put one drop under each eye and then I pat/gently rub in. I noticed a difference on the first use that my concealer didn't settle into my fine lines as much, and with more consistent use I truly feel like my under eye area looks much better overall, like the fine lines are diminished, or at least the appearance of them when I wear makeup is diminished! If I use eye cream that is too creamy or rich then I get millia around my eyes but I haven't noticed that with this oil so I'm very happy about that.  So nice to find a product that adds moisture without clogging pores! My only complaint is that I will definitely want to buy this once my sample runs out now that I know it works!
Liesl G.
Review for: Pure more...
I absolutely love mixing this into my foundation!  I received a sample size of the Maracuja oil with one of my sephora purchases.  I used it on it's own a few times and to be honest it was nice but not something I would consider purchasing on my own.  I normally wear the Estee Lauder double wear foundation in 1C0, though I love that this foundation doesn't sit in my smile lines, it also was too heavy for an everyday use.  I had tried mixing other oils but either I felt the foundation didn't preform as well or left me looking oily.  Then this little sample came.  It blends so beautifully, I've used this with the Estee Lauder and with my Wet N' Wild foundations and both times one drop turns both into a beautiful medium coverage foundation without changing how the foundation performs.  If anything I think both foundations work better because they don't get cakey.

A little bit goes a long way, with using a drop a day with my foundation this has at least last me 3 months and I'm about half way through the sample bottle.   If you are like me and were looking to add some benefits and sheer out your foundation I would highly recommend trying this.

The reason I removed a star though is because I have tried to use this oil either mixed in or under my concealer and I've noticed that it changes the shade of my concealer.  I especially notice it with the Tarte shape tape but I have noticed a couple of times it slightly changing my other concealers as well (not as much so it could be in my head).   I'm not sure if it's because concealer is thicker or lighter, or if this product just doesn't mix as well with Tarte's foundations and concealers.
Tanya M.
Arkansas City, KS
Review for: Pure more...
I have normal skin and was using a full coverage foundation and it just felt dry and cake like on my face. I had hear that adding a couple drops of beauty oil could help.

So I was on to search for a good beauty oil to mix with my foundation. After doing some searching I had decided I was going to try out Tarte Maracuja oil.

I was sold after using the first time. My face felt moisturized instead of dry and and by mixing it with my foundation it gave me a beautiful glow.

This oil can be used for quite a few things. It can be used to ad moisture to your face before bed. If you have dry elbows or any dry skin you can put a little on and it will help it. You can even use it on dry ends of your hair.

This is truly a miracle product!  tarte Maracuja Oil
Elizabeth R.
Hialeah, FL
First off let me start by saying that I am currently taking a course of accutane to get rid of my mild-moderate persistent cystic acne. I have been on the course for about 3 1/2 months and have not had pimples for about 2 months now. My face is left with scarring on my cheeks and chin area, it's normal/dry (used to be SO oily but accutane has made any oil on my face non-existent), redness prone, and uneven. I was hesitant to use this at first because the thought of me putting an oil on my face scared me. Since starting my maracuja oil nighttime routine 5 weeks ago I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. It's even, glowy, and smooth! I can't wait to see what my skin will look like once I've completed my course of accutane and get some natural moisture back! Life time user!
Dalia Vanessa M.
Review for: Pure more...
I applied this on my face after my skin being burned my a face mask that didn’t react well, and I have to say it made my face feel better.

I woke up with my skin feeling moisturized, and no more redness.

Definitely look forward to purchasing again, as this is now my favorite face oil. No sticky residue, or oiliness afterwards.

I love the little droplet, and how it has some sort of button to release the product. So neat, and product doesn’t release unless you push the little button down.

It is more on the pricier side, but they also have travel bundles, and sizes you can try beforehand before purchasing a bigger bottle.
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
Review for: Pure more...
This is a great product from tarte! I seen people raving about it everywhere so when I received in my ipsy bag a while back I was super excited!! This is an oil however it does absorb really quickly and you wont feel any oil residue left on your skin. I apply this before my foundation, and everytime I use this my foundation goes on so smooth and always looks flawless!!  This is also great for sensitive skin [like mine] , it doesn't break you out.. You can use this for several different uses. On your face , on your skin you want to have deeply nourished to avoid aging signs, you can even apply this in your hair if it needs a little extra hydration. I recommend purchasing the small bottle , because this stuff really seriously last you a long time!
Ashley D.
Fort Wayne, IN
1 full size bottle of this will last you a very long time! I use this roughly 3x a week and it's about half full, and I've had it about 10 months. I have oily skin so I did some research before purchasing because I was worried it would clog my pores. It has a very low comodone level meaning the molecules aren't small enough to clog you up. Which is true because I haven't noticed any! It smells woodsy yet clean and spreads across your skin very easily. It takes a lil bit to soak in, but even still it doesn't make me feel greasy at all. I use a perscribed retin-a cream that dries me out significantly so I always follow up with this oil! I've even put a drop or two into dried out eyebrow pomade and cream contour to bring it back to life
ashley c.
Does this make acne worse?
Samantha B.
When do you apply this? Before makeup? Before bed?
Lexi H.
Edmond, OK
Seems a bit expensive, is it worth it?
Cara L.
Kitchener, ON
I just purchases this and I'm going to try it. Anything I should know about it? Do I just put a couple drops and rub it into my face? Should I finish with a moisturizer? Any tips please share!!
Emily D.
I am thinking about purchasing the travel size to try and I was wondering how long this size would last (only using 2-3 drops per day)? Also, what are the pros and cons of this? Thanks!