BY TARTE #36 in Mascara

Lash styling mascara for 23x more volume.

• Jojoba: natural soothing and conditioning extract that helps hydrate, strengthen and protect lashes
  • Carnauba wax: emollient from the leaves of the carnauba palm to ensure a smooth application with lengthening and volumizing benefits

Product performance: Dress your lashes like you style your hair with this lengthening, curling and volumizing mascara. With a soft-flex brush and lightweight triple-black formula, it lifts lashes at the root, styles and fans them out to create amped-up fluttery fullness with no flaking or clumping. The custom molded brush features hundreds of flexible bristles to curl and coat lashes with even, intense pigment for 23x more volume powered by lash-strengthening jojoba and carnauba wax.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, synthetic beeswax, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, jojoba esters, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, glycerin, stearic acid, palmitic acid, aminomethyl propanediol, acacia senegal gum, caprylyl glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, myristic acid, arachidic acid, behenic acid, oleic acid, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, iron oxides (CI 77499).

Made in Italy.

• Would love to know how this mascara compares to other tar...1 Answers
  • Does anyone have the tarte maneater eyeshadow palette? If...5 Answers
  • I have been very interested in this product but I was won...1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "all tarte mascaras are absolutely amazing including this one!! it gives so much volume and I love it, for sure one of my favorites! it's so easy to use and lasts all day so it's worth the extra cost :)" in 257 reviews
  • "This seems like an improved upon formula of their Tartiest mascara. It's just as deep-black in colour but doesn't flake like Taritest did. It's $23, so if you're used to paying for high end mascara, it's nothing different. If you have fairly long lashes, this is a great formula and brush." in 88 reviews
  • "WOW!!! This mascara has changed my makeup game forever. It lifts and separates without getting clumpy whatsoever!! Hands down the BST mascara I have EVER used!!! " in 71 reviews
  • "Truly SHOCKING lashes after only a few swipes of the magic wand upon your lashes!! Instantly lashes are thicker, longer and full of volume. " in 37 reviews
PiecesOf C.
I consider myself a mascara connoisseur. I discover Maneater on Instagram. It claims to make your lashes have “more than 23x’s the volume in just two coats. It lengthens, curls, and gives volume. The formula
lifts lashes at the root, styles and fans them out to create amped-up fluttery fullness with no flaking or clumping.”

If a picture is with a thousand words, you be the judge. These are my natural lashes. NOTHING else! I swear on my pets lives and their my babies!!!!
(I did use the glamour glow filter on Snapseed to highlight my eyes so to make the mascara really pop. That’s the only filter, no photoshopping to add extra lashes.).

When I first opened the tube, I was disappointed with the wand. Typically, I like the big chunky ones. However, I gave it a try. I was not impressed on the first wear. BUT since my other mascara was drying out, I had no choice but to continue to use this one. By day three, something clicked and I really started to love it. My lashes were looking bomb! I have gotten others on the mail, but I don’t use them. I’m in love with Maneater. Plus, it has natural oils like jojoba to nourish your lashes. BUT that’s not my favorite thing about this mascara - I LOVE the name! Dye!!!

At first, I didn’t believe the hype. I mean, common on, marketers are paid to sell products, right. Well this one sells itself. All the claims are tried, true, and tested. You need this in your life!

Oh and it’s totally eye doctor/ contact approved so it doesn’t bother my sensitive eyes!

****couldn’t get original photo to fit so had to show one eye at a time. I’ll post on my social media. #tarte #tartecosmetics #tartemaneater @tartecosmetics
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
This is the only high end mascara I have ever bee satisfied enough with to repurchase at full price. (That is both a good thing for my lashes and very painful for my pocketbook. Lol)

I was skeptical about the brush. I do love this type of material. I generally prefer these plasticy brushes over regular bristles, but I was afraid these bristles would be to short to give the separation I look for. I was pleasantly surprised. Those stumpy little bristles perform wonderfully and allow enough product to be applied that one coat looks great, but also can provide enough separation to keep 2 coats from being a clumpy mess. I am a one coat girl so I am very happy that this mascara provides the dramatic beautiful lashes to complete any look in a single coat. You can definitely pump it up to the next level with another coat shortly after the first, but I rarely feel the need.

I usually do not curl my lashes. This mascara does not weigh my lashes down at all, is very comfortable to wear, and holds up all night (or day). It does give a little lift/curl boost as well.

The color is awesome. Rich beautiful black without a hint of ashiness but also without making lashes look plastic-y.
I would absolutely love to see a brownish black version of this formula. I tend to save this one for more dramatic looks, nighttime looks, etc because I prefer a brownish color for daytime wear most of the time.I do occasionally wear it during the day though, because it's not actually "too much" but I do feel pretty badass with it on, even without going full glam.

Removal is fine. I wouldn't say it's wash 'n go. You do need to actually remove it. My go-to is MAC Cleanse-Off Oil and follow with a foaming facewash, so I rarely have trouble removing products.
I'm not sure if I would go so far as to say it is water resistant but I have not had it run on me with a little tearing up, sweating, or light rain. It pretty much stays on until you take it off, short of some vigorous rubbing which can cause some to come off, but even then it doesn't smudge on the face, it just comes off on whatever it is rubbed with.

I would love to see a true waterproof version of this mascara.

I can safely say that I am willing to cough up the 23 bucks to replace this tube if I can't get a discount on it. I cannot say that about any other high end mascara I have tried. (In case you were trying to decide between this and Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes, this blows that one out of the water.)

If Tarte decided to make a waterproof Maneater, I would buy it in a heartbeat. If they added brownish black to the line, I would go broke on mascara because I would need it in my life! Haha.

Safe to say this is my HG mascara for dramatic looks or when I just feel like going for a black mascara in general.
Jessica C.
Ashdown
LOVE this mascara! Since I was a teen, one of the things that kept me from delving into makeup was because of mascaras that would smudge so bad, it looked like I had two black eyes. When this one came out, I was once again debating on whether to try it or not. I read one woman's review on how it actually didn't smudge on her. I bought it the next day and never looked back. It does seem to also lengthen my lashes, but it's a bit hard to say because my lashes are fairly light and a bit long to begin with. I am pleased with the overall look. The brush is a bit big, but I'm not going to complain too heavily about that because the formula stays put for me. It does tend to start flaking when it's getting old and it's time to toss it. I would more than likely cry if Tarte ever discontinued this mascara.
Natasha P.
I purchased this mascara on Tarte.com website and have been using it for two weeks now.
tarte Maneater Voluptuous Mascara
Before I dive into details, I wanted to mention that I was impressed in how much care Tarte puts into shipping their orders, sice this was my first time ordering from them online - my order arrived via FedEx wrapped in a beautiful unicorn paper 😍🦄. It looked just like a present from a dear friend :)

This mascara is truly volumizing, with just a few strokes of brush you get beautiful volume built up, plus it lengthens lashes as well. The lashes feel soft, not cakey, there is absolutely zero crumbling or flaking of the product through the day. Mascara does not irritate eyes, removes easily with makeup remover. If you apply mascara on bottom lashes, this one works so well - it goes on gradually, so that they look so natural with just one stroke.

I want to say a couple workds about the brush. You may notice it is a bit unusual in the fact that bristles look very thing and sort of far apart. Don't let this discourage you, as it helps separate lashes and coat them nicely all around.

I got this mascara for $10 on Cyber Monday sale, and it usually retails for $24. You can get Tarte in Ulta or Sephora in addition to their site. Love their cruelty free makeup, am currently using their Amazonia clay blush too, which is incredible. Has anyone tired their skincare?
Devon H.
Mount Sterling
I recently visited my local Ulta (Springfield,IL) to try and find a brand new mascara since the one I was using at home had dried up. The girl at Ulta was very attentive and helped me pick out this mascara. When she first had me try Maneater, I was hesitant and thought maybe she was trying to sell me something like most sales people do. When I went to put on a couple coats, I was so shocked by how it went on and the way it looked. It shows up so dark on my eyelashes that I don’t have to wear eyeliner anymore (which is a huge plus!). I would recommend this to anyone who hates wearing eyeliner and wants a simple,quick look!tarte Maneater Voluptuous Mascara
Gina C.
Encinitas, CA
I absolutely love this mascara. It is hands down one of my favorite mascaras that I have ever tried. It adds so much volume and definition to my lashes, while still making them look real. It makes my lashes look like I got lash extensions, but in reality it is just this mascara making them look like that. It also is dark black so it really makes your eyes pop and your eyelashes look super long and pretty. I think this product is worth the more expensive price because it really does make your eyelashes look insanely good. The lash applicator gets every single little eyelash coated with mascara, it doesn't clump the mascara, and it literally makes your lashes look like you got extensions. In love with this product, I highly recommend it to anyone who likes mascara that makes your lashes still look real while giving a lot of volume.
Emily P.
McHenry
I have seen SO many people rave about this mascara, so I knew I had to give it a try. Turns out... I LOVE it!
I love that it gives you so much volume and the bristles are spread apart so there is little to no clumping at all! It literally makes my lashes look like they are fake now, and Tarte has done such a great job with so much product in this little tube with no drying. My lashes look full and full of length.
I only have to use about 1-2 coats and then I am done.
If you are looking for a new high-end mascara, I highly suggest giving this a try!
Nhat H.
Sugar Land, TX
This looks INCREDIBLE when I first apply it, the length is so natural and clump free and it darkens my lashes very nicely. I wouldn't say this is a very volumizing mascara though. Another drawback that I can't stand is the smudging that happens by the end of the day. After a day of errands, I always come home with a rim of mascara on my under eyes and that is just not cute. I would definitely give this another try if they had a waterproof version. For now, I will only wear this when I know I will be back home within a few hours.
Zahra A.
Okay, can I just say this was just a sample mascara I had recieved and never really thought much about it? But...after using it I seriously love it! I love that it gives you so much volume and the bristles are spread apart so there is little to no clumping! It literally makes my lashes look like they are fake now, and Tarte has done such a great job with so much product in this little tube with no drying. I only have to use about 1-2 coats and done. I use one coat for the bottom lashes and two for the top. LOVE IT!
Ali G.
This is the best mascara that I've ever tried. It lengthens and gives volume to my lashes without being clumpy or flaking theoughout the day. Since I've switched over from my Benefit Cosmetics mascara to the Tarte Maneater mascara I receive compliments on my eyelashes at least once a week. This really is a holy grail product🙌 tarte Maneater Voluptuous Mascara
Alexandra G.
Kansas City, MO
Is this clumpy at all? Do you like the wand shape?
Naydelin C.
Stone Mountain, GA
Does this mascara stay on all day and not flake ?
Macie G.
Florence, SC
Does anyone have the tarte maneater eyeshadow palette? If so, how do y'all like it? What's fave color on this palette??
Ellisha O.
I have seen my favourite youtuber using this alot, but i really want others opinions on this? is it worth it?
Tanya B.
Old Barn Road, Birmingham
Does this mascara tend to clump?