BY TARTE #36 in Mascara

Lash styling mascara for 23x more volume.

• Jojoba: natural soothing and conditioning extract that helps hydrate, strengthen and protect lashes
  • Carnauba wax: emollient from the leaves of the carnauba palm to ensure a smooth application with lengthening and volumizing benefits

Product performance: Dress your lashes like you style your hair with this lengthening, curling and volumizing mascara. With a soft-flex brush and lightweight triple-black formula, it lifts lashes at the root, styles and fans them out to create amped-up fluttery fullness with no flaking or clumping. The custom molded brush features hundreds of flexible bristles to curl and coat lashes with even, intense pigment for 23x more volume powered by lash-strengthening jojoba and carnauba wax.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, synthetic beeswax, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, jojoba esters, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, glycerin, stearic acid, palmitic acid, aminomethyl propanediol, acacia senegal gum, caprylyl glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, myristic acid, arachidic acid, behenic acid, oleic acid, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, iron oxides (CI 77499).

Made in Italy.

• Would love to know how this mascara compares to other tar...1 Answers
  • Does anyone have the tarte maneater eyeshadow palette? If...5 Answers
  • I have been very interested in this product but I was won...1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "all tarte mascaras are absolutely amazing including this one!! it gives so much volume and I love it, for sure one of my favorites! it's so easy to use and lasts all day so it's worth the extra cost :)" in 257 reviews
  • "This seems like an improved upon formula of their Tartiest mascara. It's just as deep-black in colour but doesn't flake like Taritest did. It's $23, so if you're used to paying for high end mascara, it's nothing different. If you have fairly long lashes, this is a great formula and brush." in 88 reviews
  • "WOW!!! This mascara has changed my makeup game forever. It lifts and separates without getting clumpy whatsoever!! Hands down the BST mascara I have EVER used!!! " in 71 reviews
  • "Truly SHOCKING lashes after only a few swipes of the magic wand upon your lashes!! Instantly lashes are thicker, longer and full of volume. " in 37 reviews
Brianna D.
Hawthorne, NJ
I have tried all different mascaras ranging from drug store to high-end and this one is my new go to. The brush does a great job of separating my lashes but still provides the volume and length I'm looking for. So far, I've had no issue with flaking which I love. When applying, I use one coat for a softer, less dramatic look and two coats to vamp it up and really make my lashes stand out. Sometimes, I will also use on coat of Tarte Maneater and put Roller Lash by Benefit on top. If you are on the fence about trying, go for it!
Jennifer W.
Hawarden, IA
I'm on bottle #2 of the Tarte Maneater Mascara and am pretty pleased with the results. I live for dramatic defined blacker-than-your-soul lashes, but find it hard to get that and avoid clumps or formulas that tend to smudge and smear. The results I've had with this are sufficiently defining and lengthening, though my lashes are naturally long and I prefer volume to length in my lash products.

Maneater stays put pretty well (unless you fall asleep with it on, I had raccoon eyes when I woke up after that mistake) and doesn't seem to flake as much as my previous go to, Too Faced Better Than Sex. This does seem to share a similar problem I noticed with BTS in that it tends to dry out relatively quickly, and as it gets older you may notice more clumps/flakes that were otherwise a nonissue with a new bottle. Or maybe I apply too much too slowly, could be user error! Overall as I have bought it once and was gifted a bottle for Christmas, I'd say it's a great contender for top 10 faves, but I will always be on the hunt for that perfect for me mascara!
Ariana D.
Denver, CO
I purchased this mascara in a gift pack from Ulta so it's sample size and came with the liquid eyeliner as well. I had never tried a Tarte mascara before and I was really happy with Maneater. The color is very black which is great for when I want my natural lashes to blend into false lashes. The brush does a great job at keeping the lashes separate so there's not a lot of clumping and it definitely lengthens my lashes. I would say this formula is more lengthening rather than thickening/volumizing. I personally really like that the formula isn't super wet, I hate when I apply mascara and feel like my lashes are so wet they need 5 full minutes of pure drying time.

I like to buy sample sizes of mascara so I can actually use it up and try lots of different ones without feeling bad. I don't know if I would buy a full sized Maneater but I would definitely buy another sample size!
Asbaerla B.
Brownsville, TX
Very disappointed! It took me so long to buy this mascara! After reading reviews I was ecstatic to find this product for only $16! It smells amazing. The benefits it provides to your lashes are great. And the bristles separate beautifully. My lashes are naturally long so after curling my lashes I applied the 2 coats, it gave me even more length, but my lashes un curled and just looked sad. I tried it a couple more times, curled my lashes differently. And it still delivered the same disappointment. Maybe it works better if you naturally have short lashes. -Not Recommended -Not Affordable 💔
Luz C.
Omg! I dont know where to start. Love the packaging. This product does not flake at all. It last a long time. And i love the brush and separate your lashes. No clumps or smudges. I used it daily.
Jennie C.
Tarte's Maneater Voluptuous Mascara got my eyes like whoa!! I think it's all because of two amazing ingredients which provide a great base for the mascara - Jojoba and Carnuba Wax. The Jojoba conditions and strengthens eyelashes while the emollient Carnuba Wax smoothes, lengthens, and volumizes eyelashes. Yes, yes, I care about those kinds of ingredients even in my mascara! I truly believe that's why this product glides on as smooth as silk and magnifies my lashes. The one and only con I have found is that this product is not waterproof, which I tend to need with wearing contacts and having light eyes that are sensitive to the sun. Still, this is a phenomenal product that I recommend.
Vanessa W.
Pittsburgh, PA
OH THANK YOU, TARTE!
One of my faves, Big Fatty was discontinued and I was at a loss. I do love Better Than Sex but I just wanted to try something new. So I gave this a shot and WOW!
The length this mascara gives is amazing. I rate a mascara based on a few things: are they a cruelty free brand? how well does the product lengthen and in how many coats? and finally, how easy is it to remove from my skin? (Seriously guys, I end up with product ALL OVER my lids, never fails)...
This one meets the mark on all points! I can easily just swipe 1-2 quick layers on when I'm rushing around in the morning and feel fab. But then 3-4 when I really want to show em off! Love it. Thanks for the cute tube design, too :)

Samantha B.
meriden, CT
love LOVE love this mascara!!! this has the best wand to curl separate and lengthen your lashes!! I love the top of the wand it is amazing to do your lower lashes which is really the hardest part for me!! I just love the way my lashes look with this mascara it makes them so long and gorgeous!!! my lashes are so short and when I wear this mascara I feel like I finally look like I have lashes when normally I feel like I look like I have no lashes at all 😂😊👍
Alyssa Kayla J.
UPDATE:
ok, so I took some time away from this mascara (a month or so), but when I grabbed it in a rush I was pleasantly surprised by the results. I didn't get any flaking like last time, and it only took 2 layers to get a beautifully long and fanned out lashes. It was enough that I felt comfortable going out with just mascara, powder, and lip gloss and I enjoyed the look a lot.

(Original 3 star Review)
Not a super fan, the brush is so fat I find it makes a mess of my eye look and requires a lot of work to build up to the intensity I like. Dry formula flakes as I apply. Admittedly I only tried for 4 days, will try some more and update my review if needed.
Brittany D.
Attleboro, MA
I think this mascara was sent from the Jesus himself... honestly, truly, I wouldn't lie to you! This is the only mascara that has literally made me look like I'm wearing false lashes! I thought I loved my Too Faced Better Than S*x mascara. I was blind y'all but now I see! I've been struggling with applying false lashes but I'm about to just give it to God and stick with this mascara.😩
Alexandra G.
Kansas City, MO
Is this clumpy at all? Do you like the wand shape?
Naydelin C.
Stone Mountain, GA
Does this mascara stay on all day and not flake ?
Macie G.
Florence, SC
Does anyone have the tarte maneater eyeshadow palette? If so, how do y'all like it? What's fave color on this palette??
Ellisha O.
I have seen my favourite youtuber using this alot, but i really want others opinions on this? is it worth it?
Tanya B.
Old Barn Road, Birmingham
Does this mascara tend to clump?