BY TARTE

Self-sharpening eyeliner for sexy triple-black pigment with a fresh tip every time.

Product performance: Say goodbye to messy, dull and hard to control lines. This self-sharpening precision black eyeliner delivers a crisp tip every time, so you can easily perfect a cat eye, wing or tightline. With this easy-glide gel formula, there's no tugging, skipping or dragging. You’ll get precise payoff and budgeproof longwear with this Amazonian clay-infused formula. It’s also safe for the inner rim with a waterproof formula that won’t run, flake or fade to keep your liner looking fresh throughout the day.

Black Ingredients: Isododecane, synthetic wax, pentaerythrityl stearate/caprate/caprylate/adipate, hydrogenated polydicyclopentadiene, ethylene/propylene copolymer, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, polybutene, polyethylene, perfluorononyl dimethicone, mica, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, kaolin. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without  phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten

Made in Germany.

Buy on ULTA
  • "Loving this eyeliner! It's a beautiful matte black that glides on super smooth and stays put after applying. It has a built-in sharpener to give you a perfect point every time, i honesty can't stop reaching for it every time I'm putting eyeliner on it just makes my hazel eyes pop. Definitely recommend and a decent price too." in 27 reviews
  • "One of my favorite products from my favorite brand of cosmetics. This eyeliner Works fantastic. It's self sharpening which means you never have to worry about sharpening it, and it Glides on so wonderful. It's got a nice soft creamy buttery texture when gliding it on. If you love eyeliner for your waterline, tightlining or whatever it may be, you should definitely check out this eyeliner. Tart make some of the best and this one proves that. Recommended." in 16 reviews
  • "I love this eyeliner! It doesn't smudge and works great with my falsies. I don't do winged liner so I can't tell you how great it does for that purpose!" in 5 reviews
  • "It's really hard to get a perfect sharp eyeliner drawn on your eyes. But glad that i found this product and now i am using it in routine. Tarte maneater self sharpening eyeliner gives you a fine texture of your eyeliner and ends with a perfect sharp line . If you love winged eyeliner on your eyes than this is the best product to get beautiful eyeliner by your self just like a professional " in 4 reviews
  • "I love this eyeliner! No extra sharpener needed, it's in the cap. It's similar to smashbox eyeliners but has better pigment payoff because it's a gel. It stays on too." in 4 reviews
Jacqueline B.
Feeding Hills, MA
Ugh. This is a hard review. I love this eye liner. I really do... But I run out so quickly. I'll start with the actual product though.
This eyeliner is super black and pigmented. It's beautiful. It blends out very easily without smudging on its own. It's not a stiff liner, but it's also not overly creamy. It's the perfect in between. It also lasts forever on my eyes, even though it's not water proof.  I absolutely love this formula.
I also like the packaging concept. The self sharpening is so nifty, and I feel like I can get a precise line almost every time.
Now this is where my issues are. It feels like there's barely any product. It's a high end liner. High end price tag. There's 0.009 oz of product, which is slightly less than most liners. That's cool and all, but when the liner is self sharpening, it takes away a chunk of the product each time. So whatever is being sharpened out, I can't use, and it sharpens every time you open the cap. I ran out of this liner extremely quickly. As much as I love the formula, I probably won't be repurchasing because the price isn't worth having to buy a new liner more frequently than I normally do.
Sarah G.
Katy
I have a love hate relationship with this eyeliner. It’s very black and glides on like a dream. It doesn’t budge from my lids. However it doesn’t stay put in the waterline, which it doesn’t claim to but if I’m going to spend the $$$ on a liner I want to be able to use it wherever I want my black liner. Of course I have super watery eyes so it may work out great for anyone with normal eyes. While I’ll keep using it, I don’t think I will repurchase it in the future.
Janis A.
Andrews, TX
I just want to start off by saying this eyeliner is AMAZING. It’s super MATTE dark, it’s super precise( which I normally can’t say for this sort of liquid eyeliner.) On top of that it’s deffinetly worth the money for the amount of product you get in it, because I’ve had it for awhile now and it’s lasted pretty well.
Rosalinda O.
Mesquite , TX
This is a good product but i don’t like how gard it is to take off. It’s long lasting, the packaging is great. I recommend this product for when doing a glamorous look. It’s a bit pricey though. You can easily get one at the drug store
Abbey J.
Spring grove, IL
I LOVE this eyeliner! It’s so pigmented and lasts all day and best of all it goes on sooo easily! I’ve used a LOT of different eyeliners but this is the best! Every other one I’ve tried has dried out super quickly and frays at the tip, but not this. It’s seriously incredible.
Jessica G.
San Antonio , TX
Ok I honestly have a love/hate relationship with this liner...

Pros: self sharpening (not just ‘automatic’ like most) smooth formula, very pigmented

Cons: There is no way to make the liner come out (like if it breaks), pricey.
Elisibeth S.
Fairview park
My fiancé bought this for me during Ulta’s 21 days of beauty. I thought it was okay. It didn’t stay in my waterline and I didn’t like that I could twist it up. The self sharpening packaging means a lot of product was wasted.
Samantha Y.
I love Tarte and this eyeliner was as good as I'vcome to expect from the brand. It glides smoothly and does not smudge easily. I would have awarded five stars, however I subtracted one due to the tip breaking easily.
Sherrie M.
I LOVE the fact that this self sharpens EVERY TIME I remove the cap. I always start off with a sharp point, giving me a precise line every time. The only wish I have is it was available in different colors, not only black.
veezy G.
Belle Chasse, LA
I love using this eyeliner for my wing! It doesn't bleed out or feather out at all. It's a great high end option and it lasts all day long! I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone! It's beautiful! :)
Megan C.
Is this long-lasting?
Savina H.
Folsom, CA
Is this smudge proof
Alejandra D.
Vega Baja , Puerto Rico
Self-sharpening eyeliner? Can anybody explain this. I love this eyeliner but I dont see a way to sharpen this pencil.
Alicia M.
Is this worth the buy? I currently need a new eyeliner and am searching for something not from a drugstore.
Juliana O.